The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2005, 04:04 PM
Nobility

Reina, I'm surprised and very saddened that people, esp. in the US, still feel racism. I certainly did not mean to offend you, or anyone. :( :( :(

Old 05-07-2005, 04:32 PM
Royal Highness

It is ok. I am sorry if I sort of seemed mad. But the truth is is that racism is alive and well. But I really don't want to start this on this thread. I think we should focus on the legitimicay of this woman's claim.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom
Reina, I'm surprised and very saddened that people, esp. in the US, still feel racism. I certainly did not mean to offend you, or anyone. :( :( :(

Old 05-07-2005, 06:02 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reina
......... Or for the child to possibly be ruler one day. I know it is easy to say that his race wwould never be an issue, but I think ppl should get real.
Racism will have nothing to do with the child becoming the ruler or not. If Albert is the father and marries the boys mother - which is the only way he could be legimitized under the new rules - then he will become the ruler of Monaco - the colour of his skin will have no influence on that.
Old 05-07-2005, 06:35 PM
Royal Highness

Yeah but he will not marry her. Guess why...
Old 05-07-2005, 06:40 PM
Gentry

Hi everyone,

Here's an article that I found in the Montreal Gazette newspaper (for May 7th, 2005). It has some more info on Prince Albert's alleged relationship with Nicole Coste and the whole paternity issue.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	pa.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	186.4 KB
ID:	138302  
In my dream I saw a tree: green, bright, vast, of indescribable beauty; and on this tree were three kinds of fruit, such as I had never seen among all the fruits of this world. Red, white, and yellow; they shone like globes and living suns ~ Rabia of Basra * Let the beauty we love be what we do ~ Rumi *

MuslimHeritage.com :: Rumi's Poetry :: Ancient Civilizations
Old 05-07-2005, 06:41 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Yeah but he will not marry her. Guess why...
Only reason he wouldn't is he isn't in love with her. PERIOD drop the race thing it isn't an issue except perhaps to you.
Old 05-07-2005, 07:06 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliette
In the article there is a sentence - Nicole Coste: "More and more rumours are circulating and I want the truth to be known so that his two older brothers can respect their mother." - yes, I'm sure that they will respect her now

http://news.independent.co.uk/europe...p?story=635965
Interesting article. (Personal remarks edited out by Admin) If you truly loved the man as well and he asked you to keep it quiet you will also do it regardless of rumors especially considering who Albert is.

I think it is so odd that a man involved with Aids Foundations would have unprotected sex with a woman he was only seeing once in a while. Sounds careless especially since Stevie Parker let us all know Albert uses condoms. And one pill missed hmmmm. If all Nicole said is true I see her as betraying Albert's trust by going public especially now so shortly after his fathers death.

He has to be questioning his own judgment on the woman he is attracted to. The night of Rainier's funeral Larry King Live talked about the funeral Jeffery Robinson Biographer, author of "Rainier and Grace" answering a question about Albert and marriage
Quote:
"He said to me I have to ask myself if some woman likes me does she like me for me or does she like me for the possibility of becoming the next Princess of Monaco. That it was a very difficult thing for him.
Even more now with this coming to light. Only they really know if Albert is the father. I think Albert needs a more mature woman in his life who has her head screwed on straight.
Old 05-07-2005, 07:39 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom
LadyMacAlpine, I love how you're not one to waste words.

As you stated:
"I think Albert needs a more mature woman in his life who has her head screwed on straight".

:)
You know me better then anyone on the Forum from our chats. Its very true he does need a woman with more than a pretty face between her ears. Granted its nice to get the full package but it isn't always that easy.
Old 05-07-2005, 07:46 PM
Royal Highness

With respect to this post I will say one more thing, maybe more. If the child is proven to be his and he has no more heirs, he could always pass legislation to have him as his heir. But you think that would happen? No...guess why? Geez for someone who doesn't even know ALbert you sure can get mad. But then again I have for other reasons and ppl. So I excuse you for this. But I think the race thing isn't an issue for you and others like you who put their heads above the clouds and can't seem to get a hold of reality.

But anyway I wish the woman kept her mouth shut. It would have been a whole lot better for her son. Poor little guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyMacAlpine
Only reason he wouldn't is he isn't in love with her. PERIOD drop the race thing it isn't an issue except perhaps to you.
Old 05-07-2005, 09:33 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
But anyway I wish the woman kept her mouth shut. It would have been a whole lot better for her son. Poor little guy.
I agree with you on that. It doesn't really matter if he is Albert's son or not - he will still have to live with this the rest of his life.
Old 05-08-2005, 01:27 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
With respect to this post I will say one more thing, maybe more. If the child is proven to be his and he has no more heirs, he could always pass legislation to have him as his heir. But you think that would happen? No...guess why? Geez for someone who doesn't even know ALbert you sure can get mad. But then again I have for other reasons and ppl. So I excuse you for this. But I think the race thing isn't an issue for you and others like you who put their heads above the clouds and can't seem to get a hold of reality.

I have always been nice to everyone in the Forum including you. I am in no way mad. I was trying to get you to see you were the only one bringing the issue up. Baron Christian De Massy married to a black woman and they have children. Trying to change the Constitution again might prove difficult for several reasons. As I stated it took 6 years of work for Monaco to meet all the conditions of the Counsel of Europe. Ever consider a reason Albert hasn't married and had a child is he might have wanted his own child to have a normal life and be allowed to make the choices of what they do for a living then be told you have to follow in my footsteps?

(Personal remarks edited out by Admin)
Old 05-08-2005, 03:32 AM
Commoner

Albert is being deceitful, if the baby is his (and the longer the silence the stronger the confirmation) he should have been honest from the outset, and confirmed the childs status.

Personally I believe the story is true, why? Because its something you cant lie about, its not a he said, she said scenario; its the sort of dispute that can easily be settled by DNA test (and the fact that she said one was already taken is irrelevant she knows she will be asked to do another one).

If we believe the womans words we can assume this wasnt a fling, the fact that the relationship continued behind his fathers back in Paris, and the fact that he brought her a house in Paris (before he found out shes pregnant) illustrates that he actually cared for her!

Whether or not he cares for her anymore is completely irrelevant, he has paternal duties, and although it looks like hes fulfilled the financial aspect of that hes neglected the social aspect, i.e. acknowledging your childs existence, giving that little boy his future freedom to say the word daddy in public, without feeling hes committed a crime!

People say that the woman deceived Albert and that her motives are questionable, but I say she felt the timing was right, if shes telling the truth and he told her hed acknowledge her sons existence when his father dies, why hasnt he? Why wait until his father dies, why not come out and say the truth when the DNA test was taken?

Albert doesnt have to marry his mothers child, but technically he can adopt his own son to give him the grimaldi surname just like his father adopted his grandson Andreathe whole scenario isnt Alien, Alberts grandmother was the love child of an Algerian maid yet she was legitimised by being given the grimaldi surname, if he fails to do so, the next question would be why? The answer will automatically steer to racism.
Old 05-08-2005, 05:31 AM
Courtier

The Constitution has been changed in 2002: now even if Albert adopted or acknowledged 100 kids they wouldn't be in line to the throne; in order to have a legitimate heir Albert should marry the mother of the child...

BTW, Andrea was not adopted by his grandfather; this was speculated but then the Costitution was changed and now he is third in line to the throne without any need for adoption or such (maybe if the moment ever comes for him to reign, he would have to change his surname in Grimaldi).

Kisses
Old 05-08-2005, 06:37 AM
Nobility

IF this child is Alberts & IF it had been kept quiet out of respect to Prince Rainier, I feel for Albert having had this come to light so shortly after his father's passing. My goodness, he's STILL in mourning & he's just taken on a tremendous job. I think (& I'm completely speculating here) the mother was the one acting selfishly. While I absolutely agree that her child should be taken care of/legitimized properly, in every way, it would have been better for her to come out with the news after more of a mourning period has gone by. And of course, it should have been done with the aid of the Palace's PR people.
Old 05-08-2005, 07:25 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Baron Christian De Massy married to a black woman and they have children.
And so did one of the Leichenstein princes ^__^ i can't remember his name...^___^ but i still agree with Reina, sadly racism is still thriving in today's world...

that little boy's mother is such a blabbermouth how could she put her child through the possible rejection from his own father...
Old 05-08-2005, 10:13 AM
Aristocracy

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article...602477,00.html

The above article states that Albert was waiting until after the official period of mourning for Prince Rainier was over to publicly claim the child. But now, according to the article, Albert feels "betrayed" by Ms. Coste...especially since she "sold" her story for money...
Old 05-08-2005, 11:08 AM
Aristocracy

For people who are better with dates than I am, wasn't Albert seen with Tasha and Alicia during the time span when he was with this woman?

A story from another paper says he feels "betrayed." http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article...602477,00.html

sorry for the double post of the article. MW's messages weren't coming up for me so I didn't know it had already been posted.
Old 05-08-2005, 11:10 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by pallas athina
For people who are better with dates than I am, wasn't Albert seen with Tasha and Alicia during the time span when he was with this woman?

A story from another paper says he feels "betrayed." http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article...602477,00.html
Yes, you are correct. Lets not forget Angie Everhart who everyone said he was in love with. http://worldroots.com/brigitte/royal...rtmonaco77.jpg October 2000.http://worldroots.com/brigitte/royal...rtmonaco13.jpg August 1998
Old 05-08-2005, 11:33 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Yes, you are correct. Lets not forget Angie Everhart who everyone said he was in love with. http://worldroots.com/brigitte/royal...rtmonaco77.jpg October 2000.http://worldroots.com/brigitte/royal...rtmonaco13.jpg August 1998
How in love was he then? The child may be his, but I'm not sure I'm buying the love story and the accidental "I forgot to take my pill" bit. Along with the timing, it all smacks of deceipt. That being said, we don't know what Al did or said to her...she may have felt betrayed first. Whether it's true or not, it is an unfortunate situation all the way around.
Old 05-08-2005, 11:44 AM
Serene Highness

to be betrayed by someone who u cared for is very sad. coste should feel like dirt. im a little moody right now but i have to say that coste should be alone and depress for the rest of her life, or is that to harsh? and her pitiful excuse for speaking to the press, plzzzz like her sons will respect her anyway.
hopefully after all of this drama has passed albert wont hate women or at least the poor ones. she could have made someone very happy, just think to have someone like albert and im not saying that albert is all that and a bag of chips but he has to becareful in chosening his circle of friends. so to be in that circle would be so sweet. anyway according the the article mention above; albert, coste and prince rainer had dinner together(wow baby) thats trust or could it be called love?
in anycase she greedy, selfish and a meanie and sorry if i offend anyone with my opinion