HSH Prince Albert Current Events 5 : May 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reina said:
With respect to this post I will say one more thing, maybe more. If the child is proven to be his and he has no more heirs, he could always pass legislation to have him as his heir. But you think that would happen? No...guess why? Geez for someone who doesn't even know ALbert you sure can get mad. But then again I have for other reasons and ppl. So I excuse you for this. But I think the race thing isn't an issue for you and others like you who put their heads above the clouds and can't seem to get a hold of reality.

But anyway I wish the woman kept her mouth shut. It would have been a whole lot better for her son. Poor little guy.
I have always been nice to everyone in the Forum including you. I am in no way mad. I was trying to get you to see you were the only one bringing the issue up. Baron Christian De Massy married to a black woman and they have children. Trying to change the Constitution again might prove difficult for several reasons. As I stated it took 6 years of work for Monaco to meet all the conditions of the Counsel of Europe. Ever consider a reason Albert hasn't married and had a child is he might have wanted his own child to have a normal life and be allowed to make the choices of what they do for a living then be told you have to follow in my footsteps?

(Personal remarks edited out by Admin)

Last edited by a moderator:
Albert is being deceitful, if the baby is his (and the longer the silence the stronger the confirmation) he should have been honest from the outset, and confirmed the child’s status.

Personally I believe the story is true, why? Because it’s something you can’t lie about, it’s not a “he said, she said” scenario; it’s the sort of dispute that can easily be settled by DNA test (and the fact that she said one was already taken is irrelevant she knows she will be asked to do another one).

If we believe the woman’s words we can assume this wasn’t a fling, the fact that the relationship continued behind his fathers back in Paris, and the fact that he brought her a house in Paris (before he found out she’s pregnant) illustrates that he actually cared for her!

Whether or not he cares for her anymore is completely irrelevant, he has paternal duties, and although it looks like he’s fulfilled the financial aspect of that he’s neglected the social aspect, i.e. acknowledging your child’s existence, giving that little boy his future freedom to say the word “daddy” in public, without feeling he’s committed a crime!

People say that the woman deceived Albert and that her motives are questionable, but I say she felt the timing was right, if she’s telling the truth and he told her he’d acknowledge her sons existence when his father dies, why hasn’t he? Why wait until his father dies, why not come out and say the truth when the DNA test was taken?

Albert doesn’t have to marry his mother’s child, but technically he can adopt his own son to give him the grimaldi surname just like his father adopted his grandson Andrea…the whole scenario isn’t Alien, Albert’s grandmother was the love child of an Algerian maid yet she was “legitimised” by being given the grimaldi surname, if he fails to do so, the next question would be why? The answer will automatically steer to racism….

The Constitution has been changed in 2002: now even if Albert adopted or acknowledged 100 kids they wouldn't be in line to the throne; in order to have a legitimate heir Albert should marry the mother of the child...

BTW, Andrea was not adopted by his grandfather; this was speculated but then the Costitution was changed and now he is third in line to the throne without any need for adoption or such (maybe if the moment ever comes for him to reign, he would have to change his surname in Grimaldi).

Kisses

IF this child is Alberts & IF it had been kept quiet out of respect to Prince Rainier, I feel for Albert having had this come to light so shortly after his father's passing. My goodness, he's STILL in mourning & he's just taken on a tremendous job. I think (& I'm completely speculating here) the mother was the one acting selfishly. While I absolutely agree that her child should be taken care of/legitimized properly, in every way, it would have been better for her to come out with the news after more of a mourning period has gone by. And of course, it should have been done with the aid of the Palace's PR people.

LadyMacAlpine said:
Baron Christian De Massy married to a black woman and they have children.
And so did one of the Leichenstein princes ^__^ i can't remember his name...^___^ but i still agree with Reina, sadly racism is still thriving in today's world...

that little boy's mother is such a blabbermouth how could she put her child through the possible rejection from his own father...

For people who are better with dates than I am, wasn't Albert seen with Tasha and Alicia during the time span when he was with this woman?

A story from another paper says he feels "betrayed." http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2089-1602477,00.html

sorry for the double post of the article. MW's messages weren't coming up for me so I didn't know it had already been posted.

Last edited:
pallas athina said:
For people who are better with dates than I am, wasn't Albert seen with Tasha and Alicia during the time span when he was with this woman?

A story from another paper says he feels "betrayed." http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2089-1602477,00.html
Yes, you are correct. Lets not forget Angie Everhart who everyone said he was in love with. http://worldroots.com/brigitte/royal/gifs2/albertmonaco77.jpg October 2000.http://worldroots.com/brigitte/royal/gifs/albertmonaco13.jpg August 1998

Last edited:
LadyMacAlpine said:
Yes, you are correct. Lets not forget Angie Everhart who everyone said he was in love with. http://worldroots.com/brigitte/royal/gifs2/albertmonaco77.jpg October 2000.http://worldroots.com/brigitte/royal/gifs/albertmonaco13.jpg August 1998

How in love was he then? The child may be his, but I'm not sure I'm buying the love story and the accidental "I forgot to take my pill" bit. Along with the timing, it all smacks of deceipt. That being said, we don't know what Al did or said to her...she may have felt betrayed first. Whether it's true or not, it is an unfortunate situation all the way around.

to be betrayed by someone who u cared for is very sad. coste should feel like dirt. im a little moody right now but i have to say that coste should be alone and depress for the rest of her life, or is that to harsh? and her pitiful excuse for speaking to the press, plzzzz like her sons will respect her anyway.
hopefully after all of this drama has passed albert wont hate women or at least the poor ones. she could have made someone very happy, just think to have someone like albert and im not saying that albert is all that and a bag of chips but he has to becareful in chosening his circle of friends. so to be in that circle would be so sweet. anyway according the the article mention above; albert, coste and prince rainer had dinner together(wow baby) thats trust or could it be called love?
in anycase she greedy, selfish and a meanie and sorry if i offend anyone with my opinion

Last edited:
mw7060a said:
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2089-1602477,00.html

The above article states that Albert was waiting until after the official period of mourning for Prince Rainier was over to publicly claim the child. But now, according to the article, Albert feels "betrayed" by Ms. Coste...especially since she "sold" her story for money...
Posted by me yesterday
If all Nicole said is true I see her as betraying Albert's trust by going public especially now so shortly after his fathers death.

“It is treachery,” said Frédéric Laurent, the author of a book about Rainier and a friend of his son. “Albert had promised to do the right thing and acknowledge the baby, but only after the mourning was over. “He cannot make any declarations, or do anything much, until then. Those are the rules of mourning.”
Poor timing and it is relevant you need to understand protocol. I have bitten my fingers so to speak many times in posting so as to try to not offend anyone because I do understand. As I said I saw it as a betrayal of Albert's trust because frankly it is she said he was providing for her and her 3 children not just the one child.

I am putting Monaco's flag back with the black ribbon until the official mourning period is over. Granted it might not meet all the conditions of protocol but its the best Julia was able to do for me. Anyone who wants to show support for the Grimaldis especially Albert right now please join in.

Gosh what a foolish woman.

mw7060a said:
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2089-1602477,00.html

The above article states that Albert was waiting until after the official period of mourning for Prince Rainier was over to publicly claim the child. But now, according to the article, Albert feels "betrayed" by Ms. Coste...especially since she "sold" her story for money...

pallas athina said:
How in love was he then? The child may be his, but I'm not sure I'm buying the love story and the accidental "I forgot to take my pill" bit. Along with the timing, it all smacks of deceipt. That being said, we don't know what Al did or said to her...she may have felt betrayed first. Whether it's true or not, it is an unfortunate situation all the way around.
There is an article from some years back about when he was dating Angie that he was quoted as saying he had found the woman he wanted to marry only the public needed to let him do things in his own time. Or something to that effect. I can't find the printed article or my list of search engines to look it up and post it.

lady mac do u believe that albert would have married this women? if so, now he had a chance to see what she is truely about :(

Last edited:
No...as Lady Mac and I discussed earlier, she was not the only woman he was dating at that time no matter how she would like to spin it. And black or not, I don't think a divorced former stewardess with two other children was going to make it up the steps of the pink palace.

Also as I said before, I can't imagine anyone doing what she has done unless she felt betrayed...the only thing i can think of is that she thought the above scenario would happen and realized after Rainier's death that it would not.

Last edited:
Well this thread is full of posts!
I tried to read something but my poor English don´t let me understand all.
I only want ot say:
Really i want Al´s hapiness and peace, so the best for him (into possible chances, i mean a good woman-not diversed or with kids of other marrieage-, no matter color of skin, or country but a normal woman who loves him, not his money ) is the best for me.
Or is A´l deside that he is happier single is ok too.

pallas athina said:
And black or not, I don't think a divorced former stewardess with two other children was going to make it up the steps of the pink palace.
Hi there,

According to the first website below, Prince Rainier's grandfather Louis II allegedly married his mistress Marie Juliette Louvet (a cabaret singer, laundress and/or dressmaker and Rainier's grandmother - the second site below confirms her occupation(s)), who was already a divorced mother of two before supposedly wedding him. So if this idea is factually truthful, then a divorcée with a couple of children from a previous marriage did very much make her way up Monaco's palace steps. But if this scenario is indeed false, I still find the striking similar pattern through both Louis and Albert's actions (of seeing and/or having children with divorced women with kids of their own pre-marriage) quite funny lol - but off course only if it's a given fact that Alexandre is really Albert's son.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Louis_II%2C_Prince_of_Monaco
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marie_Juliette_Louvet

Last edited:
susan alicia said:
the ancestors of grace were of simple irish origins, even though her father had a lot of money so snobbism is not an issue, or maybe it is.
Anyway he is a bit old to find the love of his life, if he has not found it yet.
Good grief you made me laugh you must be young. I am around Albert's age never legally married but give up on love? NEVER. Giving up on love even as you grow older would be like giving up on life. Elderly people get married all the time. Many wealthy men start their families in later years. A woman just can't have children of her own. I might be able to have another child with medical help and staying in bed the whole time and even at my age if I got that chance with a man that loved me and wanted it I would do it without thinking twice. So we would know that thing others have with love and marriage. Albert says he wants it, he should have it.

Wait for the time to pass until July for the mourning period to end. Regardless of what any feel about Nicole for her betrayal of going to the press it hasn't been officially confirmed one way or the other and won't be as the Palace and his lawyer have already said. According to her story Albert didn't betray her he was providing. She was impatient and impulsive wanted to be recognized right away failing to listen to reason as to the situation. Part of me would like to hear the child really isn't his child because of what she did. Then on the other side I hope he is and he and Nicole can get through what she did to make it easier on the child when the parents are in the same room. It was the pictures that made the story real for everyone.

Here is a link to the list of titles Albert now holds someone had asked about it once before. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sovereign_Prince_of_Monaco According to the article his correct title is His Most Serene Highness The Sovereign Prince of Monaco. His sister HRH Caroline, Princess Hanover, follows him as heiress presumptive in the line of succession to the Monegasque throne. As such, she acquires the title of Hereditary Princess of Monaco.

I think that after the mourning period is over a lot of things will be clarified like: the whole situation about this Togo woman and her child/Tamara Rotolo; and who is the heir in Monaco.

lovy_bear said:
Hi there,

According to the first website below, Prince Rainier's grandfather Louis II allegedly married his mistress Marie Juliette Louvet (a cabaret singer, laundress and/or dressmaker and Rainier's grandmother - the second site below confirms her occupation(s)), who was already a divorced mother of two before supposedly wedding him. So if this idea is factually truthful, then a divorcée with a couple of children from a previous marriage did very much make her way up Monaco's palace steps. But if this scenario is indeed false, I still find the striking similar pattern through both Louis and Albert's actions (of seeing and/or having children with divorced women with kids of their own pre-marriage) quite funny lol - but off course only if it's a given fact that Alexandre is really Albert's son.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Louis_II%2C_Prince_of_Monaco
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marie_Juliette_Louvet

You're right, I tend to forget that their lines haven't always been illustrious.

She should had not done what she did. I believe he would have acknowledge the child when the time was right.

Does anyone recall the Albert wanted to marry a black woman when he was younger but his mother wouldn't allow it? (notice that I didn't say another black woman; I doubt that he would have married this woman).

By the way, I am African American, and I commend HSH for seeing people not color, as I must say, the majority of people on this board does also. But it is a sad fact of life, racism stll lives.

i think its great that albert wants or wanted to marry a women of color and i mean not a light skin women but a dark and lovely. it would be nice to see but only time will tell if he falls in love with a balck women.

Reina said:
Outdated topic? Outdated topic? Geez where do you live? I experience racism regularly thank you very much. It is very real. And that is one of the issues that this situation will face. Racism is one of the things that would not allow Albert to recognize this child. Or for the child to possibly be ruler one day. I know it is easy to say that his race wwould never be an issue, but I think ppl should get real.

Hi Reina
I would like to acknowledge your earlier posts because everyone else seems to be in denial.
It's unfourtunate but I think racism is very real as well. It may be stronger in some parts of the world than others but never the less it is there. People who don't believe it most likely haven't experienced it (that's a good thing)

Anyways, I don't think the racial issue in Monaco will be a big deal for the Grimaldi's but it may be for some of the public. I think that in the end Albert will marry whom he wants to regardless of race, culture, or questionable background. Love see's no colour.

He is a man who has been told what to do in most aspects of his life but has held firm to not marrying. Most likely because Rainer and Albert could not come to an agreement on the same woman so he choose none at all. There's a reason for that. Finally at 47 he is free to pick and choose anyone. Good luck to him!!

reina & lashinka
i am not in denial about racism being alive in the world, it seem that race didnt look like a big deal in france.my husband and i took a vacation in paris and zurich we even snowboard in the alps but i didnt notice any problems. my husband is white and im black but people didnt pay any attention to us. so i just guess that race didnt play a part in whom albert would marry, if she happen to be black

A Different Take On The Situation...

Did anyone, in the US see Geraldo Rivera tonight? On it was the issue of Albert and Ms. Coste. It was mentioned that in France, if a child wasn't acknowledged by the age of two, then law would prevent them from being acknowledged until age 18. I'm sure I paraphrased this inaccurately, but I hope you get my point, that for Ms. Coste, time was running out.

Racism is alive here in the world in this day and age and it does infiltrate many aspects of society. However, I too highly doubt this is a racial issue. If Albert doesn't want to acknowledge a child, he would have his reasons but I doubt race would be a factor. It's not even proven beyond a reasonable doubt that he's the father. The woman says that she has had a paternity test proving Albert the father and a kind of affidavit with Albert recognizing the baby, but lo and behold! She has no copies! No tangible and legal proof of her claims. Just as racism is rampant, so is lying for financial gain. She could be telling the truth or telling a lie, no one knows.

I've been reading commentaries around the internet about this issue for awhile now and I get the impression that some people want Albert to marry the woman just to prove he wasn't racist. What an absurd concept. Being a person of color in America, I understand the issues associated with being a minority, but I find that some people are too eager to pull the "race card" in situations if it were to help their arguements. Racism and discrimination are serious concepts that shouldn't be taken lightly either side. I see a lot of people take advantage of the sensitivity of the topic of racial diversity. When I read the article about what the woman was saying, I'm getting a flavor of the "race card". The impression I got was that she thought that Albert would have married her and was in-love with her but because of her color, that wasn't possible.

I do feel terrible for the baby because he's innocent of any of this mess, but for some reason, I don't have much sympathy for this woman. She said that Albert supported the baby throughout this time and yet she's still trying to gain attention for Albert to recognize him. Okay, say Albert recognizes Alexandre, then what? He would still be illegitimate and I doubt that Albert would marry his mother. So what would be the benefit for the woman? Money and notoriety. As the mother of a ruling monarch, she would have a side-benefit from her son because I'm sure that Albert would will a large sum of money for his children. She really sounds fishy to me.

Freedom said:
Did anyone, in the US see Geraldo Rivera tonight? On it was the issue of Albert and Ms. Coste. It was mentioned that in France, if a child wasn't acknowledged by the age of two, then law would prevent them from being acknowledged until age 18. I'm sure I paraphrased this inaccurately, but I hope you get my point, that for Ms. Coste, time was running out.
The mourning period ends July 6, 2005 and Alexandre was born August 24, 2003 and it was stated he promised to do the right thing. Moonlight you were a bright light to wake up to.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom