HSH Prince Albert Current Events 5 : May 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
it doesn't excuse the fact that albert gave nicole his word that he would declare to the world that he had a child by her. and since she had enough trust in him to produce a child(aka not wearing protection)then she could have waited several months for albert to make his announcement.
if she is or is not a golddigger only time will tell.

sriwadee said:
This is what I thought.. P.Albert may want to get married with Nicole when he turns 50 yrs. old (as he gave interview to Larry King), but it might possible that his father told all servants (assistants) to do anything to against him to get married with Nicole because P. Ranier might think that if he pass away, his son must get marry with Nicole. Then, all servants (assistants) might talk something private to Nicole but not let P. Albert know. For example, servants (assistants) might want to give her big money and let her go away from P. Albert. Then, Nicole got angry so she picked up the phone and talked to Paris-Match. .....because she said she is not a gold-digger.

Or...P.Albert might want to get rid of her and do something that cause Nicole get too angry. .... because she said Albert wants to keep their relationship as friends.

Albert showed never showed any signs of ever settling down. Your theory would've been plausible if Albert was never romantically linked with anyone during the time he was with Miss Coste. That was never the case however, Albert has been photographed with different women throughout the years. Whether it is having "a friend" sit on his lap during a tennis match or arriving at a hotel with late at night with a different woman.

That's what I've found on the internet today

Out-of-wedlock progeny surface
By ELEANOR HERMAN

THERE was no comment from the palace last week when the French
magazine Paris Match broke the story that Prince Albert of Monaco had
fathered a son, now 21 months old, with an African woman named Nicole
Coste. Ten pages of photographs accompanied the article, many of
Albert holding little Alexandre at different ages.

While the palace remained stonily silent, the prince's lawyer spoke
ominously of developing "a judicial strategy." Nor is this the only
paternity claim looming over the 47-year-old bachelor prince. A week
after he became ruler of Monaco on April 6, an American woman
announced that he is the father of her 13-year-old daughter, but she
has refused to allow a paternity test.

Despite the furor provoked by revelations of allegedly fathering
children out of wedlock, Albert merely has been following a hallowed
royal tradition. Until the dour moral strictures of the 19th century,
European monarchs were proud of their bastards, who were seen as
walking advertisements of royal virility.

In the 17th century, King Henry IV of France raised eight children by
various women in the royal nursery along with his six legitimate
children, much to the horror of the queen. The king visited his brood
frequently but had a hard time keeping the children straight. Aides
and visiting ambassadors noted in diaries and letters that he kept a
list in his pocket describing the children, detailing their names,
ages and mothers.

In the 1670s, the wit George Villiers, speaking of King Charles II of
England, quipped that "a king is supposed to be a father to his
people, and Charles certainly is father to a good many of them."
Charles acknowledged 14 bastards — nine boys and five girls. So many
of his sons were named after him that the king had a hard time
remembering which little Charlie had sprung from which royal mistress.

And in the early 18th century, King Augustus the Strong of Saxony was
the proud father of a reported 356 illegitimate children. Royal
mistresses hoped to bear the king as many children as possible,
knowing that each child ensured a lifetime of generous pensions long
after the love affair had soured.

Coste finds herself in just such a position. The ardor has turned to
ashes, but the former flight attendant claims she is receiving
payments from Prince Albert and is living in his Paris apartment
until her new house on the Riviera is completed. Moreover, her son
could stand to inherit a portion of the $1.6-billion Grimaldi
fortune. What he will not inherit is the throne. According to the
constitution, if Albert dies without legitimate heirs, the throne
passes to his older sister, Princess Caroline, and after her death to
her elder son, Prince Andrea.

Although Albert cannot give Alexandre a crown, perhaps he should
follow the tradition of Baroque kings and give him a title as a form
of paternal acknowledgment. Coste could try the clever strategy used
by Nell Gwynn, mistress of Charles II.

Gwynn often recounted to friends how one day in 1676, when the king
was visiting, she cried to her 6-year-old son, "Come hither, you
little bastard!" When the king scolded her, she said, "I have no
better name to call him by." Laughing, Charles replied, "Then I must
give him one," and soon after made the boy the earl of Burford and
later the duke of St. Albans. The child was given splendid apartments
in the palace and a generous allowance. The duke of St. Albans served
his country as ambassador to France. Maybe little Alexandre could one
day follow a similar path.

Modern monarchs tremble at the faintest whiff of scandal; they are
more frightened of the likes of Paris Match than their royal
ancestors were of invading Goths, Vandals and Vikings. At the first
hint of trouble, palace spokesmen circle their wagons in defense.
Tight-lipped and grim-faced, they deny rumors and refuse comment
while palace lawyers mutter vague threats of judicial strategies.
Today's princes commit the same sins as their more colorful
ancestors; they just pretend they don't. Yet somehow hypocritical
virtue is always less attractive than publicly professed vice.

The monarchs of past centuries boasted a panache greatly lacking in
their modern descendants. Swashbuckling kings strode through life
boldly, proud of their virility. Fragrant buxom mistresses, dripping
lace and diamonds, offered their wares shamelessly. And palace
corridors echoed with the pitter-patter of beloved royal bastards.
Perhaps in the near future, the serene pink palace of the royal house
of Monaco will resound with the same cheerful echoes.

Reference the article I don't like the use of the word b*****d it was said to my own child and left her crying on Christmas Eve. Maybe in some society's it isn't seen as horrible as in mine. Its a cruel and tasty thing to call anyone. Wish the Forum had censored it out.

I can't believe how many references I'm hearing in regards to Nicole forgetting to take her pill throughout this forum. It happens you know, women forget to take their pills here or there all the time in all parts of the world. That doesn't mean its been done on purpose. It's called human error.
I used to use the pill and got pregnant when I forgot one pill & my partner used protection. The point is somehow, someway nature will find ways to prevail.
You can also get pregnant on the pill if your taking antibiotics, or sick with diarrhea. Many women don't know this because their doctors fail to tell them.

LadyMacAlpine said:
Reference the article I don't like the use of the word b*****d it was said to my own child and left her crying on Christmas Eve. Maybe in some society's it isn't seen as horrible as in mine. Its a cruel and tasty thing to call anyone. Wish the Forum had censored it out.

I understand and agree, however, the point of the story was that it took that action to get the King to agree to recognize his offspring. In poker, that's called a bluff. (...and this was a very successful one!)

WARSAW, POLAND: Prince Albert of Monaco is welcomed by Polish President Aleksander Kwaśniewski. 16 May 2005.

Attachments

• 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 237
Nooooo I was at school. But the area were the Council of Europe took place and also the streets near hotels were closed for the public.

LadyMacAlpine said:
Yes, they are suppose to and always have. Larry King Live see if it explains your questionIn some circles the Grimaldis are seen as lesser however over the years it has changed some. I expect to see things change even more from all I have heard. He has been better trained over the years then even his father was for the postion.

I find it quite amusing that the Princely Houses, HSH's, Monaco and Liechtenstein, and until the turn of the century I believe, Luxembourg, are actually richer than the Sovereign Houses, HRH's and Majesties. I remember reading that at the Spanish Royal Wedding of 2004, Infanta Cristina didn't curtsey to HSH Prince Hans-Adam of Lichtenstein. The Spanish Royal Family is one of the poorest Royals around. How ironic.

michelleq said:
I find it quite amusing that the Princely Houses, HSH's, Monaco and Liechtenstein, and until the turn of the century I believe, Luxembourg, are actually richer than the Sovereign Houses, HRH's and Majesties. I remember reading that at the Spanish Royal Wedding of 2004, Infanta Cristina didn't curtsey to HSH Prince Hans-Adam of Lichtenstein. The Spanish Royal Family is one of the poorest Royals around. How ironic.
I think part of the difference is the Grimaldis for example actually work hard at running Monaco. Its like a business and with every business its for profit.

http://www.spa.gov.sa/newsview.php?extend.262747

The above article reports that Prince Albert's speech at the European convention in Warsaw was about respecting minorities rights, and fighting discrimination against race and religion. (I wonder if he had his son, Alexandre, in mind when he gave his speech...) He also talked about protecting the environment, which drew applause. (When reading the article, the scroll bar for the article is on the left side instead of the right.)

Last edited:
michelleq said:

The hierarchy of things amuses me as well. Except for us royal watchers, no one gives hoot about any of the ruling families.

As far as Ms. Coste's reasoning...I've just remembered that on another non-royal board I frequent, people posted that Jazmin was at the funeral. No one on any royal boards or any newspapers picked that up so I didn't pay much attention to it. If it is true though, maybe Ms. Coste was unhappy that Alexandre was not invited as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
pallas athina said:
As far as Ms. Coste's reasoning...I've just remembered that on another non-royal board I frequent, people posted that Jazmin was at the funeral. No one on any royal boards or any newspapers picked that up so I didn't pay much attention to it. If it is true though, maybe Ms. Coste was unhappy that Alexandre was not invited as well.
I find that interesting.

Sounds a little fishy to me. While her tactic seems a little heavy handed, I can understand her point. He had his 'amusement', now he should claim the kid, if it is his.

God forbid what if something happened to Albert (we wish him much success and long proserpous reign) and nobody knew this child existed, his estate would put a royal battle on caring for the boy at all. Those assistants of his could lie about even knowing anything of the boy. He should better take care of his business. Sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom