The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2005, 02:21 PM
Nobility

I donīt think so...I belive heīs not getting married...He will be H.S.H isnīt?

Old 04-04-2005, 02:24 PM
Heir Presumptive

do you mean that when you are married you are not serene?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathalian
I donīt think so...I belive heīs not getting married...He will be H.S.H isnīt?

Old 04-04-2005, 02:25 PM
Commoner

I hope for him that he get a wife! that is for everybody importend.
Old 04-04-2005, 02:29 PM
Nobility

NOOO! People, correct me if Iīm wrong...but Prince Ranier is His Serene Highness....I donīt know why.....
Old 04-04-2005, 03:11 PM
Commoner

Prince Rainer is still HSH, till he died. Then Albert will be HSH, he took the regency of the Principality because his father is sick but he not dethroning his father, Did I explain myself correctly?
Old 04-04-2005, 03:24 PM
Heir Presumptive

His Serene Highness ( H.S.H)is the title of Albert and Rainier.
Stephanie and Caroline are : Her Serene Highness ( also H.S.H)

(S.A.S. is french , Son Altesse Serenissime, it means the same)
Old 04-04-2005, 04:55 PM
Aristocracy

Thanks, Michelle! I always wondered why S.A.S. was there instead of H.S.H. sometimes, and what it stood for.
Old 04-04-2005, 07:59 PM
Royal Highness

There really is no reason for Albert to marry unless he is in love. He has seen what both of his sisters have gone through with difficult marriages (Juno and Ducret) and probably wants to be 100% certain that the woman he marries is not only able to handle the "fishbowl" world of Monaco and the world press but also loves him for who is he and not what he stands for.
Old 04-04-2005, 08:01 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyMacAlpine
What if he had found that special lady like Charles did and was told no? What if they have both remained unmarried?
Lady M, is this a possibility?
Old 04-04-2005, 08:18 PM
Heir Presumptive

Caroline is now Her Royal Highness Princess Caroline of Hanover. She out ranks all of the Grimaldis except her father.
Old 04-04-2005, 08:21 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julia
There really is no reason for Albert to marry unless he is love. He has seen what both of his sisters have gone through with difficult marriages (Juno and Ducret) and probably wants to be 100% certain that the woman he marries is not only able to handle the "fishbowl" world of Monaco and the world press but also loves him for who is he and not what he stands for.
Perfectly said thank you.
Old 04-04-2005, 08:45 PM
Heir Presumptive

Yeah :( BTW great retrospective done here!
Old 04-04-2005, 08:48 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Perfectly said thank you.
Most welcome!

I just feel that marriage is for life and that it is one of the most serious, as well as joyful, decisions we make. And I really believe that Albert has very strong convictions with regards to this and many other matters. I think he will not marry until he has found (or, perhaps he already has) the right woman. He is one of the most, if not the most, eligible bachelors in the world and must be careful when selecting his bride. Not just for Monaco but for himself. Afterall, he will marry when it is a love match.
Old 04-04-2005, 11:42 PM
Serene Highness

so who want to sign up for the job of prince albert's wife?
i'll go first and put my name on the list
Old 04-05-2005, 01:00 AM
Aristocracy

Yes, Albert CAN marry and even if it will be the LOVE MATCH, you all forget, about "the right for mistake". There is no perfection in this World and so long-awaited marriage can turn out not so happy union as could be... And besides, don't forget about the curse&Grimaldi's Family. Everybody hopes for the best, but who knows what is written in his own "Book of Life"?
Old 04-05-2005, 05:06 AM
Courtier

this is really selfish of me, but i'm kind of hoping albert won't marry,so we'll see more of andrea, er, hopefully the responsible side of him as heir.

Old 04-05-2005, 06:32 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Caroline is now Her Royal Highness Princess Caroline of Hanover. She out ranks all of the Grimaldis except her father.
Exactly, that's true...sorry didn't think of it.
Old 04-05-2005, 12:30 PM
Heir Presumptive

As for Albert and a future wife.
He said about this (to Paris Match and Femmes magazines):
"I know for sure that people will always compare whatever woman to my mother. But the worst is and will be to make her ( the possible wife) accepted by my sisters. That's hard (grin...). Oh if you knew about the whole number of poor girlfriends of mine who the two girls ( Caroline and Stephanie) tore into pieces." (grin again...:-) )

...and there's some truth to this. I remember being in Monaco with my family , and this was about 5 years ago. Thre was some party at Stephanie's restaurant. My brother ( 17 years old at that time) talked to Albert about
( guess what!) soccer and I interupted them cause I needed a new glas which Albert gave to me and we exchanged a few words.
Some minutes later Stephanie said to me:"Haha, saw your smile, If you want my brother that's fine with me but you have to become friends with Caro as well' ( grin and big smile on her face)"

So I guess, if you wanna become Al's girl you gotta win 3 hearts with one chance.....:-)
Old 04-05-2005, 01:04 PM
Heir Presumptive

I have a question, dunno if this is the right place for it but anyway :)

A few years ago I read that if Albert didnīt had any biological children Monaco would be "given" to France?
I cant remember the whole story but I dont think there was anything said about Caroline or Andrea taking over...

Do anyone know more about this and could explain it to me? Did it change and if so, why?
Old 04-05-2005, 01:05 PM
Serene Highness

The rules of succession were changed to prevent that. Title passes to Albert, and if he has no kids, to Caroline's kids.

Closed Thread