The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2005, 11:57 PM
Nobility

Isn't his birthday coming up soon? He celebrated it last year in Las Vegas.

Old 03-08-2005, 07:07 AM
Nobility

Yes, it's on March 14th. :)

Old 03-08-2005, 11:20 AM
Courtier

She must be gripping his hand pretty tight. He looks almost in pain.

Ooh, I hope Al Al comes to the US again soon!

NotDani
Old 03-09-2005, 06:15 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

There's an exclusive interview of Prince Albert in this
week's (French) Point of View! I do not know if I'll
get it, but maybe someone else will :)
Old 03-09-2005, 07:21 PM
Serene Highness

do yence (everyone) think she is cutting off his circulation. if not he is making a funny face.
are royalty allow to be touch, pat on the back, u know that kind of stuff
Old 03-10-2005, 04:36 PM
Nobility

The Point de Vue exclusive interview is titled,"Mon enfance, mon avenir". I think he's talking about his childhood and his future. Would love to see the transcript of that interview as well. Thanks for the update, Iceflower!
Old 03-11-2005, 11:22 AM
Heir Presumptive

Albert March 4-6, 2005 http://www.monaco.gouv.mc/dataweb/ac...256FBF00301123 includes 2 photo's
Old 03-12-2005, 12:09 AM
Heir Presumptive

Another press release with photo's S.A.S. le Prince Héréditaire Albert au Sri Lanka - Mars 2005
Old 03-14-2005, 10:52 PM
Heir Presumptive

If you go to this site you can find regular updates on what Albert is doing etc. You will find there is more in French then English so check both. Several currently have photos of Albert. Click at top News or Informations. The Rose Ball is March 19 watch for future posts. The events schedule is thru until March 22. Apparently my link isn't working now it was the same as below so I removed it.
Old 03-15-2005, 11:30 AM
Aristocracy

These links may work a bit better: http://www.gouv.mc/PortGb (English); or http://www.gouv.mc/Port (français).

Thanks for pointing it out. Also, if information on the the princely family is desired, I suggest going to http://www.palais.mc/ (English and French).
Old 03-16-2005, 10:11 PM
Aristocracy

Just wondering...Any news on how Prince Albert spent his birthday? Was he in Monaco (due to Prince Rainer's hospitalization) or out of town on one of his business trips?
Old 03-20-2005, 08:50 PM
Heir Presumptive

Albert Rose Ball 2005. I was unable to get a larger version to post.
Old 03-21-2005, 04:01 PM
Serene Highness

does anyone know if he had a date? if so who was she? is she his new girlfriend?
Old 03-23-2005, 09:11 PM
Courtier

ALBERT CONTINUES GRACE'S WORK AS FEARS FOR RAINIER GROW:

23 MARCH 2005

Monaco's Prince Albert has honoured his mother's memory by hosting a fundraising event in Italy. Despite the fact that his father is seriously ill in hospital, the athletic royal took to the pistes of San Cassiano in an effort to support the children's foundation set up by Princess Grace in 1963.

Just a few days ago the 47-year-old dashed home to Monaco after Prince Rainier was admitted to intensive care, but on Tuesday he took centre stage at the annual Star Team event, which raises money for Amade.
Over the next few days he will be joined by a roll-call of his glamorous friends, with stars like Hugh Grant and Michael Schumacher expected to attend. Italian bombshell Monica Bellucci is also set to make an appearance, along with opera singer Andrea Bocelli and footballer Fabien Barthez.

Back in Monte Carlo, meanwhile, Princess Caroline and Princess Stephanie are keeping vigil at their father's bedside. The 81-year-old, who was admitted to hospital two weeks ago with a chest infection, was transferred to intensive care on Tuesday after his condition took a sudden turn for the worse. "We were thinking that he was going to be out of the hospital by the middle of this week," admitted a palace spokesman. "When you are in intensive care, it's always serious."

http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty.../princealbert/
Old 03-23-2005, 09:13 PM
Courtier

Prince Albert negotiates the piste on the first day of the World Stars ski event
Photo: © Rex

Meanwhile, his father, Prince Rainier, was transferred into intensive care on Tuesday after his condition worsened
Photo: © AFP
Old 03-26-2005, 06:37 PM
Aristocracy

Red face

I do have a question and I am sure its been asked a hundred times. It seems though everywhere I look has a different answer to the question. When Raineer dies does Albert rule and then it goes to Caroline and her children if he does not have an heir or does Caroline and her children get it right off since Albert isn't even married.

Knowing that Raineer is probably in his last hours/days its a fair question. I am very confused and don't even know who to believe. I though it goes to Albert and then if he fails to have an heir then it is passed to Caroline and her children.
Old 03-26-2005, 07:29 PM
Aristocracy

Per the new constitution, Albert will step into his father's shoes. Caroline will be next in line. Her children come next. The male children (in order of age) come first. The female children (in order of age) come next. Stephanie follows...then her children. The constitution was rewritten recently to reflect this.
Old 03-26-2005, 08:39 PM
Nobility

It´s like this : first, is Albert...if he doesn´t have children, it will pass to Caroline when he dies or abdicate.....from Caroline, it will go to Andrea...if Andrea doesn´t go to it....then is Charlotte, Pierre..and then Stephanie....and so it goes...
Old 03-27-2005, 10:24 AM
Heir Presumptive

Video link

The line of succession is as follows Albert, Caroline, Andrea, Pierre, Charlotte, Alexandria, Stephanie, Louis, and Pauline. Male heirs always before female except in the case of Princess Victoria their law was changed to be the first born. Someone mentioned they would like to hear Albert speaking in French some time ago. The following link your wish is granted there are videos on it of him taken during a press conference and speech. The voice of a true Statesmen.
http://www.coe.int/T/E/Com/Files/Eve...co/default.asp
Old 03-27-2005, 07:44 PM
Heir Presumptive

Thanks to Kittencrews in Rainier's thread I located another video of Albert in French http://videos.tf1.fr/video/results_v...=albert+monaco