The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2005, 11:03 PM
Aristocracy

I was wondering if any of you had time to think about my previous question...Who is Princess Dmitri Sturdza seen in an earlier posting pictured with Prince Albert ? Anybody know anything about her ?

Old 02-03-2005, 12:16 AM
Aristocracy

Actually, a man with a good heart is a real Heaven's gift for any woman :)
I would also like to meet a man who I could not only love, but trust my life&my future, and I entirely understand those people who are looking many long years like Albert - it's so difficult to find "really someone special"

Old 02-03-2005, 10:59 PM
Serene Highness

but do u think he would be that way in behind close doors? could he be loving, kind and trusting because u never know who u married until its to late. the question in the back of my mind about him is would he want to control every aspect of your life since so many things are out of his control.
can i apply to meet the man at the top of the stairs, i promise i'll be good
Old 02-03-2005, 11:07 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaMarine
Actually, a man with a good heart is a real Heaven's gift for any woman :)
I would also like to meet a man who I could not only love, but trust my life&my future, and I entirely understand those people who are looking many long years like Albert - it's so difficult to find "really someone special"

Not only is it difficult to find "really someone special" as you said, AquaMarine, but someone who has the capacity to take on the tremendous role it would entail as Albert's wife.
Old 02-04-2005, 12:07 AM
Heir Presumptive

This is the caption with the photo on Getty Images.

VERSAILLES, FRANCE - JANUARY 31: Prince Albert of Monaco with daughter of Princess Sturdza attend the Gala Benefit to raise funds for the Professor Khayat Cancer Fund at Versailles on January 31, 2005 in Versaille, France. (Photo by Eric Ryan/Getty Images)

If you really want one you need to be single, unmarried in the eyes of the law and Catholic Church. Be Catholic or convert its not that difficult about 24 classes on the journey. Pray and be pure at heart and the man at the top of the stairs might answer. Understand that there will be many trials on the way before you even reach the alter to marry.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 52091861.jpg (19.9 KB, 105 views)
Old 02-04-2005, 12:40 AM
Heir Presumptive

And yes a caring and loving spouse. Trusting it would be more could he trust you. If a woman has a problem with a man in control then I suggest she look elsewhere and not at Albert. I agree with mw7060a the role would not be easy and it will take a special lady to do it.
Old 02-04-2005, 12:59 AM
Aristocracy

I think that the words "someone special" embaraces everything: love, undertsanding, loyality and readiness to accept the new role (if we say here about Albert) and readiness to be together sharing all sad&happy moments of life.

Old 02-06-2005, 08:01 PM
Heir Presumptive

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...prweb/20050202

I found this story a few mintues ago. At the very bottom is
Quote:
HSH Prince Albert of Monaco heads OI's Global Advisory Board.
It was one more thing that showed me he was truly a good man who cares deeply about children even though he is not seen with any of his own. He is an extraordinary man with a good a heart that keeps giving.
Old 02-07-2005, 12:07 AM
Serene Highness

lady m
when u say in control, do u think he would control every aspect of his wife's life? anotherwords, how to dress, who to talk to and things along this line. or do u think he is his own man?
Old 02-07-2005, 01:44 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by semisquare
lady m
when u say in control, do u think he would control every aspect of his wife's life? anotherwords, how to dress, who to talk to and things along this line. or do u think he is his own man?
I posted this before
Quote:
The Princely decree of 1882 defining the status of the sovereign family stipulates that every member of the family submits himself to the authority of the reigning Prince, who will determine their duties and obligations, and his orders shall nave the force of law.
From the book by his cousin Baron DeMassy.

Princess Diana was taught how to dress, etc., before marrying Charles.
Albert is modern in his ways. Controlling in what she must do as her place in the family. However if you have read interviews things he has said he hopes to share with her the emotions but will give her choices.

<Removed personal comments>

Albert needs a woman in a modern society that can think for herself, be intelligent and stimulate his brain yet be needing of his guidance and love. Can understand his compassion for others in need with her heart as he does. There is nothing in who he is that says he has to do all the things he does outside the Principality. He does it with compassion and I think because he is missing that someone in his life to fill the void where a partner does. It is also a reason he has remained as he has to this point which I understand. While he dates many different woman he is fully aware of the qualities required in a wife.
Old 02-08-2005, 12:00 AM
Serene Highness

lady m
it dosent sound to bad-take for instance the point about having someone telling you what to wear. for someone like me- i really could use help in that department.:o
infact, today my friends are taking me shopping or it better said that myfriend are picking my clothes
Old 02-08-2005, 02:05 AM
Heir Presumptive

Thank you Freedom. Semi if you are attracted to Albert called one of the worlds most eligible bachelors you have good taste. Taste in fashion never get stuck in fads, you can change them to fit your individual style and start one of your own. The only thing in life that says you have to stay within the boundaries is the law and even those can change to better serve the needs of the people.
Old 02-08-2005, 11:49 AM
Serene Highness

thx for compliment on my taste. i guess i have a fancy for the man but its only on his image because i dont know him.
Old 02-09-2005, 10:15 AM
Courtier

semisquare

That is a very intelligent stance to have. I like Bertie too, but as I do not intimately know him, I swallow a few salt tabs with anything I read or hear second-hand about him and his family.

Oh, and for the confused (see posts upstream), the person typing this post is Danka's exchange sister. Suonymona is my account. Dani didn't know charlotte's web from the world wide web when she first got here so we share. Two separate people, not one big nut...well...two smaller goofy people maybe. :bigsmile
Old 02-10-2005, 12:56 AM
Aristocracy

Theme and variations

Hi to all! :)
It's funny to see the different names invented for Albert. As they say - "The name is the mirror of human nature". If we look in the "Names Book" we will see that the name "Albert" gives him: integrity, sociability, sexuality, high (!) intuition, rich (!) imagination anf excessive (!) caution. Often the person with this name being a little "dodger and rabbit" :o risks in the mind's eye only.
IMHO neither Albi (womanlike), nor Bertie (weak) does not suit him as his second name - Alexander - the most powerfull (!) name of all existing male names. In this case he could be more determined, courageous, substantial and misculine not only in public, but also in private life
What do you think?
...I am curious what name he would prefer himself...
Old 02-10-2005, 01:09 AM
Aristocracy

I believe he introduces himself as Al in informal situations.
Old 02-10-2005, 09:56 AM
Aristocracy

Now with the news of Prince Charles planning to marry Camilla Parker Bowles this April, I wonder if Prince Albert plans to attend. I am sure he will be invited. (I mean, I would be surprised if he weren't). I hope there will be pictures of Prince Albert should he attend the wedding.

Just a thought...do you think this adds any additional pressure on Prince Albert to settle down? I mean, here this will be Prince Charles' second marriage and Prince Albert has yet to have his first. I'm just wondering if this in any way adds anymore pressure on him (in addition to the "regular" pressure he's been under to marry)...
Old 02-10-2005, 12:09 PM
Heir Presumptive

Bertie is the name the Tabloids use with another which I won't use. Albie was used by family when young. Al Grimaldi is how he introduced himself in college and other places to be treated as a normal person. As far as marriage generally the more pressure gets the opposite effect. Albert will settle down when he feels the time is right and with the person he chooses.
Old 02-10-2005, 12:17 PM
Serene Highness

why should he feel pressure to marry. its not like he has a biological clock ticking away.
beside, more women will really chase him now since he is very rare. rare in the area of being one of the few princes that are single.
Old 02-10-2005, 12:49 PM
Courtier

Red face

We don't get many tabloids around here and I don't read them as it encourages the nasty papparazzi. I didn't know Albert is called that by them.

Many moons ago, I personally heard him called Bertie by a pal. It was in a joking way and the person poked him while doing it. It could have been a personal nickname.

I had thought it charming and privately called him that when I saw something about him. Like, 'oh Bertie is being chased by models again'. It took him off his pedastal in my eyes.

But if thats what those rags call him, I think I'll stick to Al-Al for Albert Alexander.

Of course should I ever be in the same room with him again I'll probably be too dumb-struck to do anything but blush let alone try to say a name!

NotDani

edited to add: I'm officially a commoner!