HSH Prince Albert Current Events 25 : Feb.2008 - July 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think I like Albert's outfit from today. I don't know what kind of trend it's is that European royals coming to different countries wear those coutries traditional outfits on some occasions. Not always looks nice and BTW they should think more about representing themeselves then pleasing those whom they visit.

The chemise threw me off too, when I had only seen the sleeves and thought he wore too light a shirt, but it's traditional garb and by the look on his hosts' faces, they seem very proud to have him there so all the better he wore something of their style. I might have picked something more opaque myself. White is terrible on film. Always enlarges the person.:unsure:

I don't think I like Albert's outfit from today. I don't know what kind of trend it's is that European royals coming to different countries wear those coutries traditional outfits on some occasions. Not always looks nice and BTW they should think more about representing themeselves then pleasing those whom they visit.

Where is this look at his hosts faces showing pride that Albert wears their outfit. Facial expressins are the same when he had just suit.:ermm: But it's still better to what Albert wore about 2 ago if I'm not mistaken. It was some classic music concert at Princely Palace in Monaco, just before Red Cross ball: Albert had some transparent tunic and his body along with his belly were see through:eek:. Today he at least has some T-shirt.:cool:

Last edited:
It's just an example of soft diplomacy. I'm not saying he got a standing ovation, rather in the first 3 pics, the man next to him is obviously proud. To have PA change into a traditional top, could only have gone over well with them. :flowers:

I still don't see pride but I know that everyone will see the same situation differently. BTW, Albert does not look good in white, he's too pale.
In this picture where he was looking through glass, his profile was Pss Grace like.:)

:flowers:Thanks Iceflower! It's definitely interesting. Ancient gold is huge right now. If you're interested, I just read this: Art Set | New York Social Diary

It's an Peranakan artifact at the Peranakan Museum in Singapore.
'Peranakan' refers to descendants of early Chinese immigrants to
Malaysia and Indonesia who have partially adopted Malay customs
in an effort to be assimilated into the local communities - well, I've
read that, I did not know it ;)

(..)

Last edited by a moderator:
Pics 19.4.2008

East Timor's Prime Minister Xanana Gusmao and Prince Albert II
of Monaco give a news conference after their meeting in Dili April
19, 2008
----> Pic 1 ** Pic 2

Prince Albert II is welcomed with a Sarawak traditional dance as he
arrives in Malaysia's town of Kuching, in the state of Sarawak on
Borneo island, April 19, 2008.
----> Pic

Well, Hibou, industrial wars can cause a lot of collateral damage. I could only surmise that PA would want to handle this one at a great distance. This might very well be the GP where he lets another royal handle the P.R.
I would.

My thinking on Mosleygate is... Albert will request that Max take a back seat and keep a low profile during the GP. He will want Bernie Ecclestone to be the point man until this whole thing plays out. I think Albert will nake his point known to Max and then back it up by going over his head o Bernie. I don't think he will kick Max out of Monaco at the risk of long term ramifications for the GP. I also don't think Rainier would have kicked Max out of Monaco, but he definately would have cut off any contact. It's not about prostitution being illegal. It's about the extremely bad taste the whole Nazi theme puts on it. I read Bernie Ecclestone quoted as saying if Max was caught in bed with 2 hookers people would be saying good for him. But 5 hookers and Nazi theme is too much.

That's a very wise course of action. You're probably right. For the sake of F1, you would hope Ecclestone makes the first move to suggest Mosley take a back seat on this one.

My thinking on Mosleygate is... Albert will request that Max take a back seat and keep a low profile during the GP. He will want Bernie Ecclestone to be the point man until this whole thing plays out. I think Albert will nake his point known to Max and then back it up by going over his head o Bernie. I don't think he will kick Max out of Monaco at the risk of long term ramifications for the GP. I also don't think Rainier would have kicked Max out of Monaco, but he definately would have cut off any contact. It's not about prostitution being illegal. It's about the extremely bad taste the whole Nazi theme puts on it. I read Bernie Ecclestone quoted as saying if Max was caught in bed with 2 hookers people would be saying good for him. But 5 hookers and Nazi theme is too much.

Last edited:

Yes, I agree. It was the Nazi theme that I thought would make Rainier throw him out, but that would be a different era speaking too.

I think Albert need to stay away from this guy Mosley he embrassment to F1 and everybody who run it.

The short-sleeved T-shirt and "gauze shirt" are traditional garb, but also because the temperatures in such climates preclude even royalty from wearing suits. I am glad he has some body confidence. Society has so many norms which deter people from just being themselves.

I feel Max is no longer an "event" but the butt of speculation.

What events have happened with PA this weekend? Is he still in Asia?

R.

Pic 20.4.2008

Rosalee, here is a pic from yesterday that answers your question :)

Monaco's Prince Albert II walks inside a cave at Gunung Mulu National
Park, Sarawak 20 April 2008. Prince Albert II is on a two-day visit to
the Gunung Mulu National Park, as part of his official visit to Sarawak.

---> Pic

It must have been very stuffy and filled with bat guana in there?
How far down/in was this cave?

Mulu national Park , prince Albert and bats... monitoring system.
Malaysian National News Agency :: BERNAMA

RE pic posted by iceflower: looks like most people including Albert had same outfits.:ermm: If we look closer, there are bats of the ceiling of the cave.

Rosalee, Albert will be in Asia for next couple days, he goes back to Singapore for the closing of environmental session.

Pics 22.4.2008

Prince Albert II of Monaco, one of the recipients of the 2008 UNEP
Champions of the Earth awards speaks during a roundtable discussion
during the Business for Environment (B4E) summit in Singapore, 22 April,
2008. Business leaders were urged on 22 April to speed up practical and
creative solutions to greener corporate practices that make sense
environmentally and are a source of competitive advantage.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Prince Albert II of Monaco delivers his speech after receiving the
UNEP Champion of the Earth award during an award ceremony in
Singapore, 22 April, 2008

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

President Sarkozy's visit to Monaco can be found in this thread.

Happy posting! :flowers:

Mandy

Prince Albert II of Monaco attends t the charity gala, organized by Lebanese association 'Les Amis du Liban' (The Friends of Lebanon) in Monaco on April 25, 2008
Abaca Press Americas Search Results

Pics 26.4.2008

Thanks a lot, giov :flowers:

Prince Albert II of Monaco watches the semi final match on day eight of
the Masters Series at the Monte Carlo Country Club April 26, 2008 in
Monte Carlo, Monaco.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Last edited by a moderator:
Spain's Rafael Nadal receives the trophy from Prince Albert II of Monaco,on April 27, 2008.
Abaca Press Americas Search Results
Prince Albert looks nice and happy, but IMO, he should loose more kilos!

Pics 29.4.2008

Monaco, April 29th 2008: Wireless Information Multimedia Applications
exhibition. Prince Albert at the opening of the Princess Grace trail.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

I think we are not supposed to talk about PA losing weight here.
I think we all look just fine the way we are. Just to keep an eye
on how long we want our bodies to actually last.

Glistening Seas

:flowers:pics number two is my fav. it would have been nice to see more pics of PA "playing" tennis. He is such a sports oriented person and it's nice to see him out there playing. :monacostandard::popcorn:

The white top with embroidery Albert wore in the picture with President Jose Ramos-Horta of Timor is a "Barong Tagalog," the traditional male outfit from the Philippines. You can read more about it here:

Barong Tagalog

What is traditional Timorese is the piece of cloth around Albert's neck. It's called an "ikat," and is a collectible item.
Sizes differ. I have two large ones. One with a skull and bones motive woven into it, and the other has royal crowns woven into it. They're beautiful to hang on the wall. The traditional ones are mainly earth tones (terracotta, beige, etc.) I think you can see very old ones in museums.

Pic 4.5.2008

Prince Albert of Monaco is shaking hands with Russian player IIya
Kovalchuk who is choiced as best players of the game of the Ice
Hockey World Championships match between Czech Republic and
Russia in Colisee Pepsi, Quebec, Canada, 04 May 2008. Russian
team won 5-4 in overtime

---> Pic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom