The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-28-2007, 09:27 AM
Serene Highness

Red face Glistening Seas

Good news to see Pa in USA wow he really does seem to attract a crowd huh tee hee. for us here in Europe we don't get to see many pics of PA when he's in USA so the pics are great.

Old 10-28-2007, 07:10 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by goody7058 View Post
Do you think that he bought something for Charlene I heard that he was tight with his wallet. He didn't have any bags with him.

Yeah, I would loooove to know what was in that bag!!! He had a look of delight or surprise on his face. Oh and heads of states,etc don't carry their own bags and stuff. Note the women don't carry their own little private purses, I think. But looks like, as usual things went quite well in NYC.

Old 10-29-2007, 08:31 AM
Heir Presumptive

I can tell you what some of the people are with him. Every time he comes to the U.S. the tax payers pay for his security because he's a Head of State they're Secret Service.
Old 10-29-2007, 12:00 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyMacAlpine View Post
I can tell you what some of the people are with him. Every time he comes to the U.S. the tax payers pay for his security because he's a Head of State they're Secret Service.
Yes that's true and from New York it was rumored that he would be traveling to Florida for a yacht show. Also when he came for vacation last summer for a week he also had the secret service. So we in the US are all paying for Albert and Charlene's adventures when they are here!
Old 10-29-2007, 03:43 PM
Nobility

I didn't know that when Albert come to America we have to supply him with security don't he have his own.
Old 10-29-2007, 07:29 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
I didn't know that when Albert come to America we have to supply him with security don't he have his own.
Secret Service are with every head of State who visits our country. They're called "protectees". It's documented who gets them and for how long. It's now limited to so many years for Presidents, First Ladies and up to age 16 for children. It's no longer for lifetime. A former First Lady can however refuse them.
Old 10-30-2007, 09:26 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
quote=hibou;686216]Yes that's true and from New York it was rumored that he would be traveling to Florida for a yacht show. quote
This was the only one for October. 48th Annual Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show October 25 - 29, 2007
Old 10-30-2007, 10:00 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyMacAlpine View Post
This was the only one for October. 48th Annual Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show October 25 - 29, 2007
Thanks Lady MacAlpine. Perhaps that's the one although on another board it was mentioned that he flew to Montreal for a benefit for AMfar so Perhaps he did both. He is know to hop from place to place!
Old 10-30-2007, 01:00 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by hibou View Post
Thanks Lady MacAlpine. Perhaps that's the one although on another board it was mentioned that he flew to Montreal for a benefit for AMfar so Perhaps he did both. He is know to hop from place to place!
You're welcome.
Old 11-03-2007, 06:48 PM
Gentry

Albert II

New Event concerning P.A.

Infomation that I received from Grimaldi Forum: (thanks to Google for the translation!)

It will be open to the public, but with limited places, the conference presentation of the first opera company MC Monaco Culture edition, entitled "Albert II." Who wanted, in fact, participate may do so in limited numbers. If you are interested must withdraw invitations directly to the ticket counter of Grimaldi Forum, few days before (telephone 00377.9999.3000).

The meeting, is announced for November 15, at 18, at the Grimaldi Forum (Auditorium Camille Blanc). An exceptional event, which has been invited, representing the world of Italian culture, the journalist Emilio Fede, who will speak in the presentation of the work, of which the author is professor Leonardo Saviano. With the publishing Sabrina Agostini, animate the debate on the spread of the culture of Monaco in Europe.

The MC Editions Monaco Cultures were born with the advent of Prince Albert. Objective: promote the secular traditions of the Principality throughout the world, highlighting the cultural aspects which connect the Principality of Monaco to other nations.

This first volume is devoted to the most important period in recent Principality: the enthronement of the new sovereign Prince.
The work is published in 500 numbered copies with certificate, which contain also a exclusive paint of "Le Palais Princier", produced by Rino Golinelli, as well as a pre-introduction signed by Prince Albert II .

Lady M.

Eleanor Roosvelt
Old 11-04-2007, 04:04 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Do you think that he bought something for Charlene I heard that he was tight with his wallet. He didn't have any bags with him.
Since it was at SAKS and the bag was small -- could have been one or more of the special Lipsticks that were in tribute to Princess Grace?
Old 11-04-2007, 04:52 PM
Administrator

Pics 4.11.2007

Prince Albert II of Monaco arrives at the 2007 World Music Awards
held at the Sporting Club on November 4, 2007 in Monte Carlo,
Monaco. Photos by Pascal Le Segretain/Getty Images

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **
Old 11-04-2007, 05:18 PM
Serene Highness

^ No Charlene? This seems like her type of event!

"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife" Pride and Prejudice
Old 11-04-2007, 07:24 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

Rihanna better look out! Albie is giving her the look.

"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife" Pride and Prejudice
Old 11-04-2007, 08:54 PM
Nobility

^ Heheheheheh, I thought the same thing at another site I was on (I saw the picture over there) and there were some pretty hilarious comments over it.

Charlene, watch your back! (KIDDING.)
Old 11-04-2007, 11:45 PM
Serene Highness

I am surprised not seeing Charlene at WMA since she's been with Albert at almost any gala recently. I just realized that it's second time we see Albert in 3 piece tuxedo. First time it was at PGA in N.Y. I think he always used to wear just 2 piece tux. He looks happy in this pics.

"The course of true love never did run smooth " William Shakespeare, 'A Midsummer Night's Dream'

http://www.aishwarya-rai.com/
Old 11-05-2007, 03:28 AM
Administrator

Well, as to Charlene, I think you don't need to have your partner
around all the time and as you can see in the following
pics Albert had a lot of fun - especially the first three pics of him
are great in my eyes

* Albert 1 ** Albert 2 ** Albert 3 *

Albert with Celine Dion, who received the 'Legend' award

* Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 *
Old 11-06-2007, 10:26 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom N Me View Post
Since it was at SAKS and the bag was small -- could have been one or more of the special Lipsticks that were in tribute to Princess Grace?
Not unless Estee Lauder had a special stash for him...the color has been sold out for weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know b/c I'm dying to find it...
Old 11-08-2007, 05:20 PM
Serene Highness

Smile Glistening Seas

ohhhh did i hear a mention that Saks put a new color in honour of Pss. Grace. What color is it that Saks dedicated to Grace.? Do you know the name of it or is there a web site to go to in order to get it??
Old 11-13-2007, 08:00 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glistening Seas View Post
ohhhh did i hear a mention that Saks put a new color in honour of Pss. Grace. What color is it that Saks dedicated to Grace.? Do you know the name of it or is there a web site to go to in order to get it??
It's a coral and you can go to the Saks fifth Avenue site or the Estee Lauder site. I remember reading somewhere? I think there are direct links from the tribute site?

Closed Thread