HSH Prince Albert Current Events 24 : Sept.2007 - Feb.2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just have to share this. This is a really inspirational story for any athlete, especially women. This woman was a top athlete training in Monaco and after suffering an injury she enacted an amazing "Plan B." Not only did she returned to school and received a masters degree graduating the top in her class, but she also developed and initiated a plan that will alleviate hardship for other athletes. She’s truly inspirational and an asset to Monaco! Here’s a picture (Prince Albert, Tracy, Stelios Haji-Ioannou) and a link to the full article.

Thanks for the info MyAdia! She is an excellent example of a true sportswoman who really has used her academic and her athletic talents to achieve something -- not in a selfish way, even though sports is number 1 for her -- but she is helping to develop something that's really useful for other athletes too. Amazing woman! I like that her idea was received so well by investors in Monaco that she won first place prize and the financiers are using her ideas to develop a World Class Olympic Training facility in Monaco! This is refreshing!

I am really impressed that this athlete is also a philanthropist and is doing work with Jaguar Sports Corp. working on programs to help alleviate poverty in African countries like Malawi! That's her contribution to making the world better -- she's helping those less fortunate than her and in sports area she is helping to create something for others that she wished she had during her career as a top athlete. She's a great example of someone who combined charity with the promotion of sports in Monaco!

I think she is a true credit to Monaco and it's great that she was recognized for her athletic, academic and charitable achievements!

It will be great to see more about the charitable efforts and sports promotion activities she'll be working on for the 2010 World Cup in South Africa! I hope we see Prince Albert recognizing those activites as they unfold too!

Thank you truly for that refreshing and inspirational article about this amazing athlete. It's great to see that Albert really does have some solid and credible talent in Monaco who are using their fine education, talent and ability to promote sports and other worthy causes and he took the time to praise her achievements publically! :flowers:

She is a fantastic and refreshing alternative to 'just a pretty face'.

You can't beat that, a top sportswoman with real brains who can walk the walk -- instead of giving mere lip service about what all the things she wants to do! :angel::flowers:

Does anyone know if Tracy Mattes will actually be the one working on the project to get this world class facility up and running?

Last edited:
Albert at the rugby match between France and Ireland that was part
of the rugby worldchampionship 2007 in the "Stade de France de
Saint-Denis". Nicolas Sarkozy, Bernard Lapasset and Michèle Alliot-Marie
can also be seen on the pic:

Albert 21.9.2007
Yes they can be seen, but not close to Albert. And this time no friendly pics and smiles all over...

Glistening Seas

:) Are there any pics of PA's visit to the USA for those of us whom do not get a chance to go there. it must certainly be interesting :innocent::monacostandard::rainbow:

:) Are there any pics of PA's visit to the USA for those of us whom do not get a chance to go there. it must certainly be interesting :innocent::monacostandard::rainbow:
Iceflower posted pictures three posts up. Here are three more pictures of him at the Climate Summit at the UN.
Giving Speech
Listening to a reporter's question
Shakeing hands

Also, here’s a video (Prince Abert isn't featured) from Monaco Press Center describing Monaco’s New York Consulate’s office (if the video doesn’t come up automatically, select the tab actualité, the date 24 Sept, and the video Consulate de NY from the list).

From that same date, there’s a video under breve (22 secs into video) of Prince Albert attending a French-Monaco Association meeting in Monaco.

Again, under the same date, the video Faune et Flore shows a lecture that Prince Albert attended in Monaco (he appears briefly about 16 secs into the video).

This meeting at the United Nations is a huge step for the environment and I am thrilled that Prince Albert is participating actively in it. The more heads of state that can unite in their efforts to help out planet, the merrier. His foundation is taking off and I hope his efforts keep him focused so that a lot can be accomplished and others will follow in his footsteps.

Pic 25.9.2007

Great pics MyAdia, thanks for posting! :)

Prince Albert II (L) listens to US President George W. Bush as he addresses the
62nd session of the UN General Assembly 25 September, 2007 at the United
Nations in New York ---> Pic

Below are links to the video and written version of Prince Albert’s speech (English and French) to the UN General Assembly. There was some discussion about Prince Albert’s influence on the world stage. Is he taken serious? Do people really care what he says? One indication is who listens, how attentive do they listen, or how many listen to what he has to say. So, check out the audience as he speaks. But, a fairer assessment is to look at the audience for other speakers. An even fairer comparison is to look at audiences for both smaller and larger nations (or more controversial or less controversial ones).

Here’s a list of all speakers of the General Debate for Tuesday 25 September session (you probably have to select 25 Sep from top). Monaco is farther down the page during the 15:00 – 19:00 afternoon session. Also, realize speakers who speak at the beginning of a session have a slight disadvantage in attracting a larger more attentive audience. Of course, a great frame of reference is the Secretary-General’s, Mr. ban Ki-moon, opening speech – the audience is full (actually check out his speech, it’s pretty good).

Prince Albert II of Monaco addresses the 62nd session of the United Nations General Assembly Tuesday, Sept. 25, 2007 at United Nations headquarters. Pic1 - Pic2

MyAdia, I wasn't able to see the speech and the discussion. I'll try again. I'd like to see it.

PA does seem to have slimmed down a bit--shows in his face. He looks somewhat weary and beleagured. I wish him luck.

MyAdia, I wasn't able to see the speech and the discussion. I'll try again. I'd like to see it.

PA does seem to have slimmed down a bit--shows in his face. He looks somewhat weary and beleagured. I wish him luck.
I had to use Realplayer to hear Albert speech but, mind was in french. Prince Albert look good slim down good job Albie! Keep up the good work.

This is when he looks like a head of state. Unfortunately I couldn't hear his speech but he looks passionate and serious. I think when he shows up with Charlene and other women they distract rather than help his image. I would like to see him show up more at events without them - alone. I think also he goes to too many black tie events. He looks more like a ribbon cutter than a head of state. I want to see the UN type of image more and leave the women in his private life home and out of the photo ops. JMO

Glistening Seas

:cry::verysad:ohhh heavy sigh the videos didn't work for me they wouldn't even load up and i couldn't find the one for PA on the realone. :prettyplease:however, the pics were beautiful soo glad to have a chance to see PA in his "element" so to speak. As always he looks maRveLOus:monacostandard::rainbow::popcorn:

It appears that Albert has been getting help from a speech coach, as any head of state or politician should these days. Without commenting on the content, I 'd say his elocution is very clear, his delivery very poised, he does not stutter, he comes across, if not as a seasoned speech giver, at least very professional and involved. A little more eye contact with the audience or a little more gesturing (they showed Sarkozy in his usual super-excited mode afterwards) could be more entertaining, but everybody has their own style, and Prince Albert did not disappoint.

According to the Washington Post, yesterday Prince Albert opened the Monaco Embassy in Washington, DC. It mentions that the Prince has a green agenda with hybrid cars and solar panels in the palace which is great. I am so thrilled that he shares my same concerns and interests for our beautiful planet. His environmental foundation can and will do so much for the environment because he truly has a passion for it. The article also mentions that there was "no sign of his current girlfriend" and that he "didn't rule out marriage" by saying "it might happen". He sure loves to play around with the press with these comments. I hope we see pictures of this grand event soon.

green agenda, well i got my laugh this morning. i wonder did the prince fly commericial or his own private gas guzzler, did he helicopter or drive a hybrid car to events.:bang: i'm sorry he is either going to have to start walking the walk (literally) as well as talking the talk for me to respect him. he flies around his country (smaller than the lake if live on) in a helicoper, i've never seen him drive up in a hybrid or better yet walk to an event (JFK JR did it all the time and no doubt he had a longer walk) how about a bike any photos on a bike, dont get me started on his private jets- he can't fly for "security", i say his big bubba belly is uncomfortable on commercial.
the palace must be desperate trying to position this immature prince going through a public mid life crisis as being at the front of this issue, whats that line in "cat on a hot tin roof" "oh yes the sour smell of mendacity."
he has to decide if he wants to be taken seriously, he can't have both.
is he a playboy prince w/arm candy (very debatable) flying and flitting with his official companion or the prince of monaco trying to use his position to change people lives and die respected as his father. i don't care how many times he goes to the north pole (flew his private jet no doubt), puts solar panels up or shows up at the UN, my respect will be hard to win back. and it's sad for me i've always adored him, i just feel like the albert i thought i knew doesn't exist anymore, if he ever did.

It appears that Albert has been getting help from a speech coach, as any head of state or politician should these days. Without commenting on the content, I 'd say his elocution is very clear, his delivery very poised, he does not stutter, he comes across, if not as a seasoned speech giver, at least very professional and involved. A little more eye contact with the audience or a little more gesturing (they showed Sarkozy in his usual super-excited mode afterwards) could be more entertaining, but everybody has their own style, and Prince Albert did not disappoint.
HE can not afford to make more eye contact then he does. He loses his spot in the page and get's in trouble. I have witnessed that a number of times and it is always the same. Obviously important speeches he prepares well,but when he doesn't have time or it is less important he goes back to stammering. He is still not better in live interviews.

Pics 26.9.2007

Prince Albert of Monaco and Bill Clinton attending the VIP reception
for the Bill Clinton Global Initiative event, held at the Museum of
Modern Art (MOMA) in New York City, New York, 26 Sep 2007:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Pics 27.9.2007

27 September 2007- New York, NY- Prince Albert of Monaco
attends the Plenary session on day two of the Clinton Global
Initiative Annual Meeting:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

I think it is great that Prince Albert and Bill Clinton are joining forces. He looks so good in these pictures and I am sure he feels proud about what he is doing for the planet. What a great trip it has been for him and I love the new embassy in Washington. What a beautiful building he bought! He does shine when he is representing his beautiful principality.

I think it is great that Prince Albert and Bill Clinton are joining forces. He looks so good in these pictures and I am sure he feels proud about what he is doing for the planet. What a great trip it has been for him and I love the new embassy in Washington. What a beautiful building he bought! He does shine when he is representing his beautiful principality.

It shows he can do his job when he wants too. I just wish he'd leave the girlfriend home so that the focus is on his causes and Monaco and not her. JMO

It shows he can do his job when he wants too. I just wish he'd leave the girlfriend home so that the focus is on his causes and Monaco and not her. JMO
But there are no causes in a soccer match, a rugby match or a gala ball (or an IOC meeting apparently). So he takes her along to those. :D

Why this constant infantilization of Prince Albert, this constant mothering of him ? He can't do anything right without being reminded of what he has done wrong, could have done wrong, and warning about what he might do wrong in the future . Let's celebrate his accomplishments, leave Charlene out of it, especially since he is leaving Charlene out of it, and focus on the positive. Let's stop obsessing about Charlene when she is not even in the picture. Quite honestly, I find this harping on his perceived failings (especially when he is doing a great job) petty. Sorry, but I get tired of this insistence on peeing on his parade when there is no reason to.

Why this constant infantilization of Prince Albert, this constant mothering of him ? He can't do anything right without being reminded of what he has done wrong, could have done wrong, and warning about what he might do wrong in the future . Let's celebrate his accomplishments, leave Charlene out of it, especially since he is leaving Charlene out of it, and focus on the positive. Let's stop obsessing about Charlene when she is not even in the picture. Quite honestly, I find this harping on his perceived failings (especially when he is doing a great job) petty. Sorry, but I get tired of this insistence on peeing on his parade when there is no reason to.
How can you know he's doing a great job??? He has advisors and people who are hardly working for him and they are doing a great job. they are writing for him, keeping the house for him and so on...

I agree with you and its a reason I stopped reading these sites regularly its hard to weed through all that to find the good information. The world is full of dislike, hatred and murder come here its become more of the same. I wonder where the old posters like myself have gone? I'm surprised with all the belittling the few who are posting photo's still are since there work is only made fun of.

Albert this is for your work on Global warming and trying to save the earth for the generations to come. :clap: God knows you don't need to be involved in something like that.

I agree with you and its a reason I stopped reading these sites regularly its hard to weed through all that to find the good information. The world is full of dislike, hatred and murder come here its become more of the same. I wonder where the old posters like myself have gone? I'm surprised with all the belittling the few who are posting photo's still are since there work is only made fun of.

Albert this is for your work on Global warming and trying to save the earth for the generations to come. :clap: God knows you don't need to be involved in something like that.

Actually there are many of us out there who would like him to take his private life private (not have a companion who constantly causes some sort of headline or gives interviews) so that we can focus on his good side like you pointed out above. I personally would like to see him much more like this than all the tabloid fodder. JMO

Pics 30.9.2007

Thanks for the link with the very nice pics, Tosca!

I wonder why Tasha is with him again, because yesterday they
attended another event together:

There was a meeting for the WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP OF BIATHLE
in Monaco yesterday:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

in Monaco yesterday:

Thanks for the terrific photos. Tasha is a very attractive woman. JMO

in Monaco yesterday:

Not a huge fan of Tasha, but she is a much better choise for PA then Charlene.JMO I do not know Tasha's age but she seems mature, cultured.....a way more refined then Charlene. PA and Tasha look nice together as well. He appears more seriuos/dignified standing next to her then he ever looked when with Charlene.

Albert is not standing next to Tasha. He is either standing in front of her or a few people away from her. No indication from these photos that she is anything more than a friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom