HSH Prince Albert Current Events 23 : July 2007 - Sept.2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks like Albert watched a Spencer Tracy movie not too long ago ;) :D He visited Prince Albert Visits Girls and Boys Town - Locations - About Us - Girls and Boys Town

I'm wondering what kind of R & R he is getting if he is hopping all over the US? He can't be getting much rest. It looks like what he has been doing all year. I suppose you could say it 's a working vacation?

Also paca you are right about his health - all this travel and changing of time zones wrecks havoc on ones body when done continuously even though he doesn't have the aggravations of regular travel it still takes it toll.

Glistening Seas

:) iceflower what a great job on those pics. they are absolutely beautiful of course good weather always makes for nice pics. but these turned out exceptional. :monacostandard::king4::innocent:it was a real treat :D

Pics 13.8.2007

You are most welcome, dear Glistening Seas :flowers:
Pics from today:
Monaco's Prince Albert II and Russian President Vladimir Putin, right, fish in the headwaters of the
Yenisey River on Monday, Aug. 13, 2007. President Vladimir Putin and Monaco's Prince Albert II
traveled to Kyzyl, the capital of the Tuva region, about 4, 700 kilometers (2, 900 miles) southeast
of Moscow, then flew by helicopter to an island in Lake Tere-Khol.

Pic 1
Pic 2
Pic 3
Pic 4

picture gallery from isifa

You are most welcome, dear Glistening Seas :flowers:
Pics from today:
Monaco's Prince Albert II and Russian President Vladimir Putin, right, fish in the headwaters of the
Yenisey River on Monday, Aug. 13, 2007. President Vladimir Putin and Monaco's Prince Albert II
traveled to Kyzyl, the capital of the Tuva region, about 4, 700 kilometers (2, 900 miles) southeast
of Moscow, then flew by helicopter to an island in Lake Tere-Khol.

Pic 1
Pic 2
Pic 3
Pic 4

picture gallery from isifa
And here am I, thinking that Albert was kind and animal-friendly. :cry:

Thanks again Iceflower. I hope that Albert threw that little fish in Pic 2 back into the water. It's not big enough to keep. He certainly won't come back with any fish stories if that's all he got.

Looks like the fishing trip was payday for Alberts support for Sochi (more pics from the trip) Russlands Präsident ganz cool: Angel-Rambo Putin zeigt Muskeln - Bild.T-Online.de

Neues aus der Welt der Reichen und Schönen | DasErste.de

Ah, well it is not the first time that he does this sort of thing: sponsored North pole trip, sponsored official car... One should think that the amount of money he has at his disposal should prevent him on accepting these type of offers, indebting himself to others and losing his independant judgement. No wonder his government and state officials are doing the same thing and drawing the attention of justice (Stephane Valerie, Franck Biancheri) and causing scandal and institutional crisis. What happened to his claims of morality as a key to every decision taken by himself and his government to liberate Monaco from the shady place for shady people image. It is only 2 years ago and all that has happened is that the players have changed but the conditions remain the same. Good one ALbert, another unkept promiss, like so many things...How about less photo ops and more substantial work in order to prove that you really meant what you said then. Not that there are many people left in Monaco who are so naive to believe that. Actions speak louder then words (or photo ops).:flowers:

Looks like the fishing trip was payday for Alberts support for Sochi (more pics from the trip) Russlands Präsident ganz cool: Angel-Rambo Putin zeigt Muskeln - Bild.T-Online.de

Neues aus der Welt der Reichen und Schönen | DasErste.de

Ah, well it is not the first time that he does this sort of thing: sponsored North pole trip, sponsored official car... One should think that the amount of money he has at his disposal should prevent him on accepting these type of offers, indebting himself to others and losing his independant judgement. No wonder his government and state officials are doing the same thing and drawing the attention of justice (Stephane Valerie, Franck Biancheri) and causing scandal and institutional crisis. What happened to his claims of morality as a key to every decision taken by himself and his government to liberate Monaco from the shady place for shady people image. It is only 2 years ago and all that has happened is that the players have changed but the conditions remain the same. Good one ALbert, another unkept promiss, like so many things...How about less photo ops and more substantial work in order to prove that you really meant what you said then. Not that there are many people left in Monaco who are so naive to believe that. Actions speak louder then words (or photo ops).:flowers:

Good post paca. I would add that Putin is in general not on the world's welcome mat these days as his actions have caused global concern his latest being the claim of the oil under the North Pole for Russia. I think Albert needs to be careful and not been seen by the world as overly friendly with Putin. The timing is off for that and could come back to haunt Monaco if he isn't careful. JMO

The timing is off for that and could come back to haunt Monaco if he isn't careful. JMO

The timing of prince Albert visit to Russia is maybe not the best, but it must be coincidence. I think any official or semi official visits are planned months ahead. So also prince's visit to Russia was planned long ago, before Russian claims to North pole surfaced.

Last edited:
The timing of prince Albert visit to Russia is maybe not the best, but it must be coincidence. I think any official or semi official visits are planned months ahead. So also prince's visit to Russia was planned long ago, before Russian claims to North pole surfaced. And I don't think that Albert necessary betrayed environmental cause by visiting Russia, although he might feel uncomfortable now.

That's true it probably was planned well ahead. Let's hope he doesn't get caught up in the oil/North Pole situation.

The timing of prince Albert visit to Russia is maybe not the best, but it must be coincidence. I think any official or semi official visits are planned months ahead. So also prince's visit to Russia was planned long ago, before Russian claims to North pole surfaced.
Those plans have maybe only surfaced recently, but surely have been in the orbit of speculation way longer then the planning of ALberts visit and if Albert wold have wanted to hear about it, he would have been able to hear it way earlier then the rest of us. Why does he employ people to sit in the UN etc.? Not because it is nice and warm and the roof doesn't leak? Or so that they can give parties for people and show off their trophy wives. They are there to keep their eyes and ears open for ALbert and inform him about things that are going on so he doesn't only find out like the rest of the world on opening the paper in the morning. That's why he pretends to have been traveling the globe these past years and opening embassies everywhere. Now he might want to put them to proper use.

And this is the article in his home paper Monaco.maville.com - Monaco : Albert II invité de Vladimir Poutine they obviously skipped the part of it being pay off for Alberts vote in the Olympics and there is a huge picture of him catching a fish on the front page. The message is clear. They want to show off Albert as playing major league. Sarkozy was meeting Bush recently for Hamburgers, and Albert met Putin and not only for dinner. THat is of course a strategy to counteract to the accusations he is facing at home and making the monegasque believe that he is sth that indeed he still needs to prove to his people. A photo op with Putin does not change that. BUt it shows in what a precarious situation ALbert is at home that he needs to show people that he is able to get the big guns to more then just shake hands with him.

If he'd really want to change his image at home, he would keep his girlfriend out of site and do some serious work AT HOME. That's the only way he might actually turn things around for himself. Travelling does not help it when that is one of the main points against him of being an absent monarch, no matter whom you are being seen with.

Edited to add yet another link A Russian bare: Putin goes fishin' | the Daily Mail

Last edited:

Well, the entire Northpole issue has little effect on Monaco/France, so it wouldn´t have been a reason for him to postpone the visit. Pres. Sarkozy is just now visiting the US, while the US is also involved in the race for the Northpole.

Love the pictures of the fishing trip btw

I would add that Putin is in general not on the world's welcome mat these days as his actions have caused global concern his latest being the claim of the oil under the North Pole for Russia. I think Albert needs to be careful and not been seen by the world as overly friendly with Putin.

That all depends on the point of view, the position from which you're viewing things.
Mine oppinion is completely opposite. I like him hanging around with Putin and not with Bush!

And this is the article in his home paper Monaco.maville.com - Monaco : Albert II invité de Vladimir Poutine they obviously skipped the part of it being pay off for Alberts vote in the Olympics and there is a huge picture of him catching a fish on the front page. The message is clear. They want to show off Albert as playing major league. Sarkozy was meeting Bush recently for Hamburgers, and Albert met Putin and not only for dinner. THat is of course a strategy to counteract to the accusations he is facing at home and making the monegasque believe that he is sth that indeed he still needs to prove to his people. A photo op with Putin does not change that. BUt it shows in what a precarious situation ALbert is at home that he needs to show people that he is able to get the big guns to more then just shake hands with him.

If he'd really want to change his image at home, he would keep his girlfriend out of site and do some serious work AT HOME. That's the only way he might actually turn things around for himself. Travelling does not help it when that is one of the main points against him of being an absent monarch, no matter whom you are being seen with.

Edited to add yet another link A Russian bare: Putin goes fishin' | the Daily Mail

I have been wondering if now that he has made his formal introductions around the world and opened his embassies if he would mind the home front more and let his embassy staff do more, and as you said take his private life private again. But alas, I am afraid that will not happen with the girlfriend, in fact I think we will see more of her not less as the Saltzburg festival seems to point in that direction. I too would like to see him home more and burning the midnight oil a little in his office on matters closer to home. JMO

That photo from Monaco Matin, it almost looks like Albert bumped his head.

There's another article in Bild Zeitung, not even suggesting like the Daily Mail, but bluntly stating that this trip was a present from Putin for Albert. A thank you for supporting sochi's bid for the Olympics... Russlands Präsident ganz cool: Angel-Rambo Putin zeigt Muskeln - Bild.T-Online.de
True or not, I can't judge that unfortunately, but this is the thing people are going to remember of his trip. Just as his "relationship" with Charlene, this too is bad for Albert's image and objectivity.

Yes paca, some papers are writing about " institutional crisis" in Monaco, his 12th july speech was clear... and what is happening... another travel, his girlsfriend still around and departemental orders for closing websites.... I thought after his speech, he understood that he had to be at home, ruling.... this meeting with Putin was perhaps on the agenda before june or july..

Here yet another link to an article. Slightly mocking and it also states how Putin thanked Albert for his support of Sochi right in the beginning of their trip. This is for a change a non tabloid article, but IMO is making fun of the Sarkozy and Albert latest photo ops with world leaders. Siberia's Marlboro Man: Bare-Chested Putin Answers Call of the Wild - International - SPIEGEL ONLINE - News

Lilae, I think that considering the timing this trip is officially initiated to calm the critics at home who basicly considered his frequent travels abroad as a continuous 2 year holiday trip. Now we see him pose with Putin during official holiday season. The article in the paper appears under the title diplomacy, sth that I haven't noticed in the paper during Rainiers time (ok the paer underwent a number of changes during the last few years, but non the less...). Thus he is trying to show people at home that even his holidays have a working angle. He doesn't go out partying, instead he tours the US visiting museums or childrens home etc and meets up with world leaders. And all this without his girlfriend in tow who is officially being photographed in Salzburg with his sister (to make sure that some journalist will snap her) to insure that it is known that when he does these travels he is on his own and not using his jet to show Charlene the world. Obviously we don't know whether she did not accompany him during his other travels these last 18 months, but it wouldn't surprise me if whenever he travels somewhere now, we see her pictured somewhere else in the future in order to calm his critics.

I wished that he would finally understand that simple organized photo ops only calm the simple minded person who generally isn't in the habit of asking uncomfortable questions. This will certainly not suffice to calm those more substantial, influential and more important critics. Only work would do that and I hope that we will see some of that starting from September when everyone is officially back at work.

There's another article in Bild Zeitung, not even suggesting like the Daily Mail, but bluntly stating that this trip was a present from Putin for Albert. A thank you for supporting sochi's bid for the Olympics... Russlands Präsident ganz cool: Angel-Rambo Putin zeigt Muskeln - Bild.T-Online.de
True or not, I can't judge that unfortunately, but this is the thing people are going to remember of his trip. Just as his "relationship" with Charlene, this too is bad for Albert's image and objectivity.

Thanks for the information. Interesting way they phrased it and adds another element to the trip that's for sure!

When Albert came to Russia for meeting with Putin, he asked to show him the most beautiful places of this country. It was his own initiative.

I have been wondering if now that he has made his formal introductions around the world and opened his embassies if he would mind the home front more and let his embassy staff do more, and as you said take his private life private again. But alas, I am afraid that will not happen with the girlfriend, in fact I think we will see more of her not less as the Saltzburg festival seems to point in that direction. I too would like to see him home more and burning the midnight oil a little in his office on matters closer to home. JMO
In his 2-year-on-the-throne speech he says that he is the one doing the foreign relations, not the embassies. So this is only the beginning.
It is this conviction that reinforces my will to deploy a consistent ambitious foreign policy, which is my sole responsibility.
See the MC government website for the full translation.
When Albert came to Russia for meeting with Putin, he asked to show him the most beautiful places of this country. It was his own initiative.
How do you know, this is the first I've heard of it? And Putin has nothing better to do than baby sit Albert? Why would he? I'm sure he has better things to do. (Though I must admit that it ended up as a brilliant opportunity for some tough, macho, posed, frontpage photos.:ermm:)

In his 2-year-on-the-throne speech he says that he is the one doing the foreign relations, not the embassies. So this is only the beginning.

How do you know, this is the first I've heard of it? And Putin has nothing better to do than baby sit Albert? Why would he? I'm sure he has better things to do. (Though I must admit that it ended up as a brilliant opportunity for some tough, macho, posed, frontpage photos.:ermm:)

Thanks I didn't know he meant he was going to continuously travel. Now I wonder who will be minding the fort if he is only going to be home a day or two a week or maybe less?

I've heard these words from Putin with my own ears watching our TV news :flowers:

I don't think Putin was babysitter Albert He came there to talk but the fishing with his shirt off CLASSIC.

I've heard these words from Putin with my own ears watching our TV news :flowers:
Thanks. :flowers: The event did make the frontpage here, but not the news (as far as I know). So moving footage was yet again absent in my life... :ermm: Seeing as you live in the area (sort of ;)), what is the opinion there about this trip? And what about the Sochi connection, did Albert vote for Sochi and is this holiday a thank you for voting for Sochi? And is it usual for Putin to take people out for a holiday? Sorry for all the questions, I'm in a nosey mood today, though I'd like to call it inquisitive. :D

Current Events Part 23

I don't think Putin was babysitter Albert He came there to talk but the fishing with his shirt off CLASSIC.

I should think so, Moley. I know very little about intricate politicing, but I'm a viable human being. And those pics of those two guys looking macho, enjoying nature was totally great.

I think most of us enjoy news of Monaco's prince, etc. from people who perhaps have some knowledge of the goings on, but sometimes it seems there's an absolute overload of negative approaches and views to his actitivites.

Doesn't/isn't there anything he does that seems like he's conscientious and trying to please the residents?--Anything at all?

Glistening Seas

:)while i don't know much about what all the in's and out's of Monaco, however, imho it seems a lot of his travel is probably necessary to get things started with all those new embassy's they now have. :ohmy:well, i must say it looks like Putnim and PA had a good time it was pretty out there. those are the first time i have even seen pics of Russia like that. it's pretty. :monacostandard: i dare say that maybe if PA has the same basic sports karate type interest as Putnim they are obviously quite athletic seems to give them some common ground any oPiNiOns on this. :king4::D:princess: quite surprisingly that tent looked actually quite comfortable as did that huge big fluffly comfy bed now that's what i call camping with style :king2::innocent:

I should think so, Moley. I know very little about intricate politicing, but I'm a viable human being. And those pics of those two guys looking macho, enjoying nature was totally great.
I think most of us enjoy news of Monaco's prince, etc. from people who perhaps have some knowledge of the goings on, but sometimes it seems there's an absolute overload of negative approaches and views to his actitivites.
Doesn't/isn't there anything he does that seems like he's conscientious and trying to please the residents?--Anything at all?
some monegasque are thinking he has to be more at home for stopping struggle for power stopping mess, taking decisions, and cleaning around...I have to
say that some monegasque(same ones) are still Albert's fan and they hope he will be a great ruler for Monaco. ... only 2 years since july 12th, albert has ???? years to be great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom