The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-21-2007, 09:40 PM
Serene Highness

Yes she was there. She yawned several times (though with her I believe it was probably boredom), whereas his eyes seemed to be self closing. I have to say I was a little tired as well this evening and in the beginning not really in the mood, but even hyper critical me couldn't find fault with the organization. It was a lovely evening, good food that definetely made up for the food we had during the games and an excellent show. There was just IMO a little sth in the air that gave me the impression that people were not quite at ease. There were obviously many glances towards the couple and those who dared to comment, found that they didn't see much warmth there. I really don't think that anyone who looked at them tonight would have heard wedding bells.

Old 08-21-2007, 10:11 PM
Gentry

Paca,
I was reading one of your posts and you were saying that Prince Albert sang. Does he sing well? Is it easy to see him in Monaco. Thanks so much for your posts.

Old 08-21-2007, 10:21 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by paca View Post
Yes she was there. She yawned several times (though with her I believe it was probably boredom), whereas his eyes seemed to be self closing. I have to say I was a little tired as well this evening and in the beginning not really in the mood, but even hyper critical me couldn't find fault with the organization. It was a lovely evening, good food that definetely made up for the food we had during the games and an excellent show. There was just IMO a little sth in the air that gave me the impression that people were not quite at ease. There were obviously many glances towards the couple and those who dared to comment, found that they didn't see much warmth there. I really don't think that anyone who looked at them tonight would have heard wedding bells.
Thanks paca so good to have someone who attends these events and is an eye witness! It seems to be a theme that there lacks chemistry between these two. Good to here that although tired, Albert was relaxed for a change.
Old 08-22-2007, 02:52 AM
Imperial Majesty

Since this thread isn't the place to be taking cheap shots at Charlene, I've deleted a couple of posts.

Elspeth

Monaco moderator
Old 08-22-2007, 04:54 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennifrasure View Post
Paca,
I was reading one of your posts and you were saying that Prince Albert sang. Does he sing well? Is it easy to see him in Monaco. Thanks so much for your posts.
I think at some point in his CV on the palace page, it was written that while studying in the states he also joined a choir. So I suppose that he does sing well enough. Since a lot of us were singing along, I don't think though that you could have heard, if he sang whole heartedly wrong. No one would have paid much attention anyways as the performers were so good and really people barely kept on their seats. But no surprise when you are listening to a medley of Ray Charles songs which are not just performed Karaoke style. I know Cotton Club was way before that, but that was the sort of atmosphere they managed to create. Ad you can't help but being sucked in, whether you like the type of music or not.
Old 08-22-2007, 07:18 AM

YES, he sings! When he was at Amherst College, he was in the glee club. It says so on palais.mc on his bio.
I am sad that I missed the "cheap shots" at Charlene that Elspeth had to delete! HAHA That must have been funny as always....
So where is Albert going to keep his nerpa seals from the Russian government?
Old 08-22-2007, 09:19 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
I think at some point in his CV on the palace page, it was written that while studying in the states he also joined a choir. So I suppose that he does sing well enough. Since a lot of us were singing along, I don't think though that you could have heard, if he sang whole heartedly wrong. No one would have paid much attention anyways as the performers were so good and really people barely kept on their seats. But no surprise when you are listening to a medley of Ray Charles songs which are not just performed Karaoke style. I know Cotton Club was way before that, but that was the sort of atmosphere they managed to create. Ad you can't help but being sucked in, whether you like the type of music or not.
I heard that during his whole time at the choir in Amhurst he only moved his lips. Apparently he only joined the choir because he liked one particular girl who was in it.
I'm sure he still does it.
Old 08-22-2007, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna View Post
I heard that during his whole time at the choir in Amhurst he only moved his lips. Apparently he only joined the choir because he liked one particular girl who was in it.
Well, that does sound about right....
Old 08-22-2007, 09:42 AM
Serene Highness

Well, he does the singing bit during mass too and I'm not sure that there is anyone there he would like to impress. Only priests and women out of his targeted agegroup who would see it.
Old 08-22-2007, 01:08 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
I've seen Albert a couple of times in Monaco "unexpectedly". Last year I saw him presenting the Golden Foot Awards near to the Grimaldi Centre. It's an annual event (early Sept) that is held early evening in the open air so it's very good for sight seeing. Going back quite a few years, I was at the summer open air cinema in its old location, & he arrived with a young lady (& queued, yes queued at the kiosk for drinks). He left before the end of the film - I think the film was Dances With Wolves. I often wonder what his bodyguards thought as they didn't get to see the rest of the film.
Old 08-22-2007, 01:55 PM
Aristocracy

Monaco Info was here yesterday... Here's a link to LSGs at Sporting.
Centre de Presse "soirée".
Old 08-22-2007, 04:11 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilae View Post
Alberts speech has been edited. His blunder where he lost himself in the script has been cut out as well as his anger about the criticism of the games as not being ecological. He said sth about "critique abusive".
Old 08-22-2007, 09:14 PM
Serene Highness

It looks like the Putin Albert trip still causes a stir and in a department that Albert thought to have silenced Gay Russians claim bare-chested Putin as one of their own | the Daily Mail
Old 08-22-2007, 10:45 PM
Serene Highness

So, this Russian trip was the opportunity for Putin to present himself as macho. I'm not sure what it did for Albert. There is article about Albert encouraging others to visit Kamchatka. I don't get this, why Albert does it. Does he want to please Putin?

And I will ask silly question. How it was with those seals? Did Albert take them or not. Where they ever offered or not. Is it true that princely palace denied the story, or at least part of the story that Albert was going to take animals to Monaco. I am asking b/c I want to know how much we can trust the media...

"The course of true love never did run smooth " William Shakespeare, 'A Midsummer Night's Dream'

http://www.aishwarya-rai.com/
Old 08-22-2007, 11:53 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilae View Post
Was that CW walking on the stage alongside PA? I think she was in flats, light blue dress, white jacket, tied back hair. What did she do on stage? Stand? Help give out awards?
Old 08-23-2007, 12:28 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by rarotonga View Post
Was that CW walking on the stage alongside PA? I think she was in flats, light blue dress, white jacket, tied back hair. What did she do on stage? Stand? Help give out awards?
Yes if my eyes do not betray me that indeed was CW with the slightly nautical air in attire about her walking across the stage.....
Old 08-23-2007, 12:39 AM
Royal Highness

Pa should stop the blunders in his speeches as he has not the oratorial skills of Churchill but as Head Of State he should strive to do his best and surpass himself. Instead he blunders.... and then it is called critical abuse.....
I think Pa should sing Monaco's national anthem to practice.........and the other songs well let us say he is not Mario Lanza who was from a town his mom was born in...............
Old 08-23-2007, 12:59 AM
Royal Highness

Ecology,spirituality & poetry

I am perplexed sometimes as to what the Prince means with all this ecology.Can we really save the environment when it is only a reflection of what and how individuals are conducting themselves on the earth plane? Firstly we have to be "green" in our own deeds,thoughts and actions and then be conscientious enough to follow through for the terrestrial. Just a thought.
The "green" is the signifier of the soul as the Indians say the atmakaraka which should be without miasma.
The ecological activists are attemepting as Pa is to find the signifier of the planet and set it straight.. keep it without polllution and I commend their individual and collective efforts ...
I hope Pa writes a book on this topic later to elucidate just what it is he is attempting to achieve....
I wonder if PA met any of the great poets of Russia while there?
I wonder if he brought back some marvellous icons those pictorial windows on eternity....
Old 08-23-2007, 05:58 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Alberts speech has been edited. His blunder where he lost himself in the script has been cut out as well as his anger about the criticism of the games as not being ecological. He said sth about "critique abusive".
Judging by the precedents it seems that Albert isn't good with taking criticism. Maybe that's the problem?
Old 08-24-2007, 06:06 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaya View Post
I am perplexed sometimes as to what the Prince means with all this ecology. ...
I hope Pa writes a book on this topic later to elucidate just what it is he is attempting to achieve....
Yes, he should indeed write a book about his preaching. It is very vague. He says we should protect the ocean and to show his love for it he drowns a dolphin. To show his concern for the ozone layer he flies 50 dogs, six sledges, I don't know how many people and equipment in a large Boeing plane right to the North pole where the ozone layer is the thinnest and the biggest cause for its further thinning is airplane traffic. He also says that we should cut down on traffic pollution and therefore he drives to work in his big car and back home, although it would take him five minutes to walk. He also drives everywhere and takes a helicopter and private planes, polluting 50 times more than necessary.

Albert - write a book, please, to explain yourself.