The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2007, 06:33 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaMarine View Post
When Albert came to Russia for meeting with Putin, he asked to show him the most beautiful places of this country. It was his own initiative.
AquaMarine, are you sure that PA didn't ask Putin to show him the most beautiful girls in his country? Just asking!

Old 08-15-2007, 10:05 PM
Serene Highness

Is P Albert still in Russia? There are a lot of articles online about Albert's visit to Russia, but they focus on Putin rather and his Rambo look.

"The course of true love never did run smooth " William Shakespeare, 'A Midsummer Night's Dream'

http://www.aishwarya-rai.com/
Old 08-16-2007, 07:11 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghislaine View Post
Thanks. The event did make the frontpage here, but not the news (as far as I know). So moving footage was yet again absent in my life... Seeing as you live in the area (sort of ), what is the opinion there about this trip? And what about the Sochi connection, did Albert vote for Sochi and is this holiday a thank you for voting for Sochi? And is it usual for Putin to take people out for a holiday? Sorry for all the questions, I'm in a nosey mood today, though I'd like to call it inquisitive.
Ghislaine, I would not say that the event had the front-page here, it was just listed among other news and more about Putin than about Albert. I live in the country that is situated in the neighbourhood with Russia, Mongolia and China and usually don’t pay special attention to Putin' trips, but I think it was for the first time when he appeared as "macho" Not a bad PR-stroke, I would say. As to holidays, to my mind come Putin' outings with Bush and Berlusconni both in their countries and in Russia. Agree, the trust relationships in policy play an important part...Regarding Sochi, as I remember Albert said about "support", but I don't know which one exactly...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal-Pauper
AquaMarine, are you sure that PA didn't ask Putin to show him the most beautiful girls in his country? Just asking!

Royal-Pauper , no, I am not sure… I saw how the face of Albert animated when he heard that the medieval local ruler took a Chinese woman as a wife. Albert evidently liked that idea and I suppose he would not have objections against Tyva’ girls if they happen to be around.
Old 08-16-2007, 07:26 AM
Serene Highness

Here is another, a little cheeky, mention of the trip. When tabloids are starting to comment like this....Albert de Monaco trinque avec Poutine ! / Les indiscrétions du gotha / L'actu / l'actualité people, la vie des stars et les potins des célébrités. - Gala
Old 08-16-2007, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakshmi View Post
Is P Albert still in Russia? There are a lot of articles online about Albert's visit to Russia, but they focus on Putin rather and his Rambo look.
Yes, he is. Yesterday Prince Albert arrived to Irkutsk. Today he goes to see Baikal Lake. On August, 17 (tomorrow) PA will go to Tiksi (Tiksi is a small port settlement on Arktic Ocean coast in Yakutia), and after Tiksi he'll visit Kamchatka (Russian Far East).
Old 08-16-2007, 08:20 AM
Serene Highness

That sounds like after his US tour he is doing a Russian tour. At least he is keeping it balanced between the superpowers. looks like he is also taking some interesting souvenirs Show-Telegramm - Bild.T-Online.de Not to recommend for immitation
Old 08-16-2007, 11:33 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by paca View Post
Thanks paca the photo is hilarious with the sunglasses but I must say that PA has to start watching his weight - that tummy of his is not a good sign!
Old 08-16-2007, 12:51 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by hibou View Post
Thanks paca the photo is hilarious with the sunglasses but I must say that PA has to start watching his weight - that tummy of his is not a good sign!
He should have done since a long time... he puts on weight ..........and he loses weight.
Old 08-16-2007, 05:31 PM
Gentry

I didn't notice he lost weight recently..... when was that?
Old 08-17-2007, 04:16 AM
Heir Presumptive

BBC NEWS | Europe | Monaco prince gets Russian seals

.........The phrase "official seals of Monaco" has taken on a new meaning, as the principality will soon boast two baby freshwater seals from Siberia.
The mammals - unique to Lake Baikal - were presented to Prince Albert II by Irkutsk regional governor Alexander Tishanin during the monarch's holiday.....
Old 08-17-2007, 04:25 AM
Nobility

Where would these baby seal live in monaco? Albert lost weight last year and gain it back this year and extra.
Old 08-17-2007, 06:25 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by goody7058 View Post
Where would these baby seal live in monaco? Albert lost weight last year and gain it back this year and extra.
From the BBC article above:
Quote:
The "nerpa" seal pups will have a new home in Monaco's Oceanographic Museum.
I think Albert's perceived weight loss and gain are just optical illusions. You just can't loose or gain so much weight within a week that it is visible. I suspect it's just the camera angle, the suit and the happy or unhappy look on Albert's face. JMO.
Old 08-20-2007, 07:37 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Albert visited Kamchatka . During his two-day' stay there he promised to tell European "about the beauty of Kamchatka and local beer (!) , and also said that the next year he is going to invite to Kamchatka Prince Charles"...IMHO, it would be better if Albert could visit it with his wife instead...
Old 08-20-2007, 08:05 PM
Serene Highness

Looks like Albert is in trouble yet again BUNTE.T-Online.de Newsline First he has to deny that he is taking seals home (I suppose someone advised him that it wasn't PC and that animal gifts to heads of state have widely been abandonned - for good reason), now he is under suspicion of having hunted out of season by Greenpeace. Of course Greenpeace is rather agressive and does not hesitate to lie to persue their means (such as offering to transport a dead whale and then towing it to a japanese embassy to make a statement). Someone should tell them that these measures hurt their cause rather then support it. And as much as I find to criticise with ALbert lately, I doubt that he would hunt out of season. I am not sure whether he even does hunt. I know that Rainier did and Caro is a hunter, but with Albert and Steph I am not sure. They might have been taught as it seems to be the sort of thing that used to be expected, but that doesn't necessarily mean that you practice it. In general I believe though that hunting should be left to responsible experts, rather then to amateurs who might only wound the animal and cause unnecessary suffering.
Old 08-20-2007, 10:24 PM
Serene Highness

I don't know where to post this. It is about some organist in Monaco, who might be sentenced for the joke about prince Albert.
TODAY'S ZAMAN

Quote:
Looks like Albert is in trouble yet again BUNTE.T-Online.de Newsline First he has to deny that he is taking seals home (I suppose someone advised him that it wasn't PC and that animal gifts to heads of state have widely been abandonned - for good reason), now he is under suspicion of having hunted out of season by Greenpeace. Of course Greenpeace is rather agressive and does not hesitate to lie to persue their means (such as offering to transport a dead whale and then towing it to a japanese embassy to make a statement). Someone should tell them that these measures hurt their cause rather then support it. And as much as I find to criticise with ALbert lately, I doubt that he would hunt out of season. I am not sure whether he even does hunt. I know that Rainier did and Caro is a hunter, but with Albert and Steph I am not sure. They might have been taught as it seems to be the sort of thing that used to be expected, but that doesn't necessarily mean that you practice it. In general I believe though that hunting should be left to responsible experts, rather then to amateurs who might only wound the animal and cause unnecessary suffering.
So, Albert did to get any seals from Russia. Another rumour created by the media. I understand it was denied by princely palace. Now, it turned out prince Albert did not hunt during his Siberia trip. It is hard to trust the media sometimes. BTW, I have never heard that Albert likes hunting. Rainer and Caro, yes, but not Albert.

"The course of true love never did run smooth " William Shakespeare, 'A Midsummer Night's Dream'

Old 08-21-2007, 01:18 AM
Nobility

No Albert don't, only Caroline and the late Rainer like to hunt.
Old 08-21-2007, 04:38 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
I don't know where to post this. It is about some organist in Monaco, who might be sentenced for the joke about prince Albert.
TODAY'S ZAMAN

So, Albert did to get any seals from Russia. Another rumour created by the media. I understand it was denied by princely palace. Now, it turned out prince Albert did not hunt during his Siberia trip. It is hard to trust the media sometimes. BTW, I have never heard that Albert likes hunting. Rainer and Caro, yes, but not Albert.
Well, since it was a news agency in both cases it was reported widely. I am not so sure about the truth of it that he didn't accept the seals. He was being quoted, I don't know whether there were any TV reports in local TV, but I wouldn't be surprised if the seals have been offered. Maybe he had second thoughts or his advisors told him that it wasn't such a good idea after all. I know that in Africa people nowadays make photosafaris and I believe that Albert did sth alike with som bird watchers in the states a while back. Maybe it was from the beginning planned to take pics and observe, a kind of hunt that is not forbidden during any season. Who knows? As to Greenpeace, well they jump on any waggon to have the media talk about them and a wealthy prince is an easy target.
Old 08-21-2007, 07:47 AM
Serene Highness

Article about prince Albert's visit to Kamchatka.
Monaco Prince to Promote Kamchatka in Europe :: Russia-InfoCentre

Old 08-21-2007, 07:54 PM
Serene Highness

Well, he's back in town and was quite tired tonight. He looked relaxed, though had some blunders in his speech as he lost himself in the script and has some difficulties finding his way around. Akward moment, but he is not the first one to whom that happens and afterwards he seemed quite relaxed again, so apparently he is able to put things like that quickly out of his mind.
It was at the volunteers evening for the little games and I have to admit that it was a very enjoyable evening. Maybe people would have been more relaxed without him around. Although he was warmly welcomed, there was sth badly at ease in the air.
Old 08-21-2007, 09:15 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Well, he's back in town and was quite tired tonight. He looked relaxed, though had some blunders in his speech as he lost himself in the script and has some difficulties finding his way around. Akward moment, but he is not the first one to whom that happens and afterwards he seemed quite relaxed again, so apparently he is able to put things like that quickly out of his mind.
It was at the volunteers evening for the little games and I have to admit that it was a very enjoyable evening. Maybe people would have been more relaxed without him around. Although he was warmly welcomed, there was sth badly at ease in the air.
Maybe he was overtired from his Russian trip? I have to ask if Charlene was present since she was in attendance at the games? I think people genuinely like him but are upset with him hense the warm reception but bad feeling. Just a guess.