The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-24-2007, 11:49 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by noirfabi View Post
on the last number of point de vue there are some things about albert,charlene and andrea.is there anybody that can post the articles? Point de Vue *.:.* Sommaire
I had only a glance on it... usual blabs about Albert and Charlene ..... but no wedding word... only "sentiment grandissant".... ridiculous... and I didn't read about Andrea ...Sorry....

Old 06-25-2007, 02:54 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Pics 23.6.2007

Prince Albert of Monaco and US actor and activist Ted Danson pose on a yacht after Danson was awarded with the lifetime service SeaKeeper Award (R) at the Bal de la Mer during the ShowBoats Rendezvous, 23 June 2007 in Monte-Carlo harbour. AFP PHOTO ERIC ESTRADE

---> Pic

Old 06-25-2007, 05:01 AM
Serene Highness

Yesterday and on Saturday evening he participated at the traditional St Jean festivities. For the bonfire yesterday he was accompanied by Elizabeth Anne and Melanie. No sighting of Charlene at those occasions.

Edited to add that in the Monaco Matin pics she is not seen and not mentioned, though on Newscom there are plenty of pics of them together.Apparently she did not attend mass (her dress would have been highly inappropriate for that, though considering the celebration I still find bare shoulders for a religious celebration not quite the thing to wear, she was joining him in the procession and I am sure that some feelings would have been hurt if her outfit would have been seen on pics. There are still people here who take the processions rather seriously.), but only joined him for the party afterwards....
Old 06-26-2007, 03:51 PM
Super Moderator

Pics 26.6.2007

US actor Michael Douglas and Prince Albert of Monaco watch the third day of racing in the 32nd America's Cup in Valencia, 26 June 2007. Emirates Team New Zealand recovered from a dreadful crewing error to snatch victory from Swiss defender Alinghi in a thrilling third race of the America's Cup and take a 2-1 lead in the best-of-nine series. AFP PHOTO/JOSE JORDAN

Pic 1
Pic 2
Pic 3

And here are some pics from last weekend:
Albert II of Monaco inaugurates with Mayor of Cap d'Ail Mr. Beck, an avenue Prince Rainier III between the Principality of Monaco and France, June 24, 2007.

Pic 1
Picture gallery
Old 06-26-2007, 04:26 PM
Serene Highness

Thanks for the pics. I have to say he has put on quite a bit of weight lately. If he continues at this rate, he'll soon be fitting into Rainiers suits...and his medical record...
Old 06-27-2007, 12:59 AM
Nobility

Pr.Albert is stress out and he eating the wrong food.
Old 06-27-2007, 12:24 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by paca View Post
Thanks for the pics. I have to say he has put on quite a bit of weight lately. If he continues at this rate, he'll soon be fitting into Rainiers suits...and his medical record...
Only difference is that Albert isn't a heavy smoker like Rainier. Of course the second hand smoke from his Charlene, Steph, Caro, Ernst & the Trio could be enough to kill him.
Old 06-27-2007, 01:44 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by libra65 View Post
Only difference is that Albert isn't a heavy smoker like Rainier. Of course the second hand smoke from his Charlene, Steph, Caro, Ernst & the Trio could be enough to kill him.
Actually they say that passive smoking is more dangerous then doing it yourself (same as for sitting next to the driver in a car - you are more likely to die then the one more or less responsible for the accident). But he is lucky in that way. It looks like Caro and her family are not hanging around so much anymore and maybe continue to be less in Monaco in the future... And if we get a replay of the Rainier/Antoinette story, she'll be more in Paris then she already is. I wouldn't be surprised at all if he marries Charlene that she would not involve herself in any Monaco charities and leave everything to them. She has enough connection and reputation on her own to get her own thing started. She does not need Monaco, but Monaco surely needs her. Especially if Charlene will be firstlady.
Old 06-27-2007, 01:51 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by paca View Post
Actually they say that passive smoking is more dangerous then doing it yourself (same as for sitting next to the driver in a car - you are more likely to die then the one more or less responsible for the accident). But he is lucky in that way. It looks like Caro and her family are not hanging around so much anymore and maybe continue to be less in Monaco in the future... And if we get a replay of the Rainier/Antoinette story, she'll be more in Paris then she already is. I wouldn't be surprised at all if he marries Charlene that she would not involve herself in any Monaco charities and leave everything to them. She has enough connection and reputation on her own to get her own thing started. She does not need Monaco, but Monaco surely needs her. Especially if Charlene will be firstlady.
I hope that doesn't happen paca. She chairs the arts, (ballet, opera)in Monaco. Can you see Charlene doing that?
Old 06-27-2007, 02:00 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
I hope that doesn't happen paca. She chairs the arts, (ballet, opera)in Monaco. Can you see Charlene doing that?
Yes and it sends chills down my spine for the poor individuals who have to try and educate her in the arts. That could take years and by then it will be too late. After what we saw last summer of her disinterest in Menton, and at the Opera House in Monaco I would say that it's pretty much hopeless as the interest isn't just isn't there.
Old 06-27-2007, 02:15 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Nope, I don't see her giving the prince pierre awards either. I suppose the literary prize will be given to the best cartoonist as she doesn't read french and with those she might actually understand the main story But let's face it she is not interested in culture, she doesn't have culture and thus people interested in culture will go elsewhere. Long gone the times when Monaco saw world premiers and attracted the best artists etc of their time. You need a certain climate for that. I feared the cultural exodus when Marek Janowski threw down his post. The orchestra has never been better then with him. They might be small but the quality was extra. Interestingly this happened shortly after Rainier died. I was surprised that Albert would let him go so easily. I would have tried the best I could to make him stay on. But till today there is no chef d'orchestre. That is not good for an orchestra. But it is symptomatic and symbolic for Monaco. Since Albert took over it is basically running on autopilot. It is functioning but it isn't brilliant. I just wish that Rainier could occasionally look in like Janowski does and show us what Monaco is capable of when it has proper direction....
Old 06-27-2007, 06:01 PM
Nobility

Honestly, Prince Albert should realize the significance of having an adequately elegant, committed, and regal girlfriend more now that they are preparing for Princess Grace's exhibit.

To go through their extraordinary late mother's possessions, see that extremely perfect face in huge portraits, and understand the public's fascination with her 25 years since her passing -- hey Albert, what other reminder do you need ?????
Old 06-29-2007, 02:26 AM
Super Moderator

Pics 28.6.2007

Prince Albert II of Monaco pictured with Ephraim Inoni, Prime Minister of Cameroon and Sven Alkalaj, Foreign Minister of
Bosnia and Herzegovina, at the 18th annual session of the Crans Montana Forum in the Principality of Monaco on 28
June 2007. The forum runs until 01 July. EPA/ASM CORBIS

Pic 1
Pic 2
Old 06-29-2007, 09:56 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post
Prince Albert II of Monaco pictured with Ephraim Inoni, Prime Minister of Cameroon and Sven Alkalaj, Foreign Minister of
Bosnia and Herzegovina, at the 18th annual session of the Crans Montana Forum in the Principality of Monaco on 28
June 2007. The forum runs until 01 July. EPA/ASM CORBIS

Pic 1
Pic 2
Many thanks for all your wonderful pics!

Does anyone know what this forum is about?
Old 06-29-2007, 10:45 AM
Serene Highness

here is a link hibou Crans Montana Forum
Old 06-30-2007, 04:21 PM
Super Moderator

You are most welcome
Here's a nice pic from last Tuesday:

Prince Albert II of Monaco poses on a yacht at the Emirates Team New Zealand team base before Race 3 of the 32nd America's Cup in Valencia, June 26, 2007. (Stringer/Reuters) ---> Pic
Old 07-02-2007, 04:06 PM
Royal Highness

From eyevine...

"Prince Albert Of Monaco (and Charlene) At The White Soiree (29/June/07) ;
SOIRÉE BLANCHE EN PRÉSENCE DU PRINCE ALBERT II ET DE CHARLÈNE WITTSTOCK POUR L'ANNIVERSAIRE DE LA BOUTIQUE SOCIETY À MONACO"

Link

Old 07-02-2007, 04:29 PM
Super Moderator

Wonderful pics, Ianna, great finding - thanks for posting!
It looks nice to see both of them in white, it makes them younger, especially Charlene
They attend so many events together, it's always a surprise so let's see what comes next..
Old 07-02-2007, 04:38 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ianna View Post
From eyevine...

"Prince Albert Of Monaco (and Charlene) At The White Soiree (29/June/07) ;
SOIRÉE BLANCHE EN PRÉSENCE DU PRINCE ALBERT II ET DE CHARLÈNE WITTSTOCK POUR L'ANNIVERSAIRE DE LA BOUTIQUE SOCIETY À MONACO"

Link

Now someone please tell me to whom the hand on the second pic belongs. And honestly doesn't Charlene mind at all where that woman has her hand ? Did anyone ever see a pic of Rainier in such a position with Grace? This looks more like they got the real couple out of focus as Albert seems to have his hands on the other woman too and Charlene just happens to be sitting next to them. sorry, but I wouldn't have a smiling face on such a situation. I'd be on my way home.
Old 07-02-2007, 04:40 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post
Wonderful pics, Ianna, great finding - thanks for posting!
It looks nice to see both of them in white, it makes them younger, especially Charlene
They attend so many events together, it's always a surprise so let's see what comes next..
You're most welcome! I agree for color, it suits them well.

Closed Thread