The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-12-2007, 07:37 AM
Serene Highness

He was today just before lunchtime at the Grimaldi Forum for the TV festival. He was wearing a beige suit, was greeting bystanders (though not many) cheerfully. Charlene was no at his side.

Old 06-12-2007, 08:09 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by paca
He was today just before lunchtime at the Grimaldi Forum for the TV festival. He was wearing a beige suit, was greeting bystanders (though not many) cheerfully. Charlene was no at his side.
It seems to me that when there are events that might be related to his mother (Acting profession) that Miss Wittstock doesn't seem to attend. I could be wrong but it just seems that way.

Old 06-12-2007, 10:20 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
I'm sure about Grace events... we saw her during sports events.... and fashion show... (yacht girls????)
Old 06-14-2007, 04:17 AM
Serene Highness

here is a link to an article about Albert in Frau im Spiegel. It is basically a rewrite of th interview in Corriere della sera Frau-im-Spiegel.de - Leute: "Es war ein unsagbarer Schmerz"
Old 06-14-2007, 06:13 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
here is a link to an article about Albert in Frau im Spiegel. It is basically a rewrite of th interview in Corriere della sera Frau-im-Spiegel.de - Leute: "Es war ein unsagbarer Schmerz"
still and always the same refrain
lckc
Old 06-14-2007, 03:31 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Pics 14.6.2007

You are all most welcome as always
Here are pics from today:
Prince Albert II of Monaco attends the 2007 Monte Carlo Television Festival closing ceremony held at Grimaldi Forum
on June 14, 2007 in Monte Carlo, Monaco. Pascal Le Segretain/Getty

Pic 1
Pic 2
Old 06-15-2007, 02:01 PM
Nobility

Thanks for the snaps Iceflower. He looks quite good. He probably loves being around all the ladies.
Old 06-15-2007, 04:05 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Of course he does, libra65 and you are most welcome .
Here are two additional pics of the award ceremony itself held at the Grimaldi Forum - the pics I had posted
yesterday had been from the arrival only:

Pic 1
Pic 2
Old 06-15-2007, 10:59 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post
Of course he does, libra65 and you are most welcome .
Here are two additional pics of the award ceremony itself held at the Grimaldi Forum - the pics I had posted
yesterday had been from the arrival only:

Pic 1
Pic 2
Once again you found some great pictures! I don't know how you do it but thanks! He actually looks comfortable on stage something I don't think you see often with him.
Old 06-16-2007, 05:07 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by hibou View Post
Once again you found some great pictures! I don't know how you do it but thanks! He actually looks comfortable on stage something I don't think you see often with him.
I have noticed that when he is well prepared, he is comfortable, when he is badly prepared he is not and makes everyone else uncomfortable because as a listener you are basically willing the words out of his mouth. He was very well prepared in his first public speech, but when he attends an event that he or his advisors think less important, he starts stammering. With his problem IMO he should prepare every event as if it was very important: out of respect for himself and for others. Worst thing is when he is badly prepared and tries to speak without notes.
Old 06-18-2007, 02:59 PM
Serene Highness

The New York Post and NY Daily News apparently have to short pieces in their gossip sections (yesterday I think it was) about Albert the first took a shot at him for Father's Day and the second mentions that while the TV festival was going on two of Hugh Hefner's reality TV playboy bunny stars visited Albert at the palace I guess to compare it to the mansion? Anyway that's what was apparently printed. Not great press Albert!!! Unless Hef is his idol in which case he will be very happy.
Old 06-19-2007, 09:10 AM
Serene Highness

Apparently Albert was in Strasbourg yesterday. sth to do with sports. On the same note, it looks as though they are trying to get the Tour de france to start from Monaco in 2009. I am sure that will help Monacos image tremendously with regards to morals and cheating. But Albers transparency politics will be held up in high regards: everyone will know that those without bicycles are the ones who are not doping.
Old 06-20-2007, 12:06 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by hibou View Post
The New York Post and NY Daily News apparently have to short pieces in their gossip sections (yesterday I think it was) about Albert the first took a shot at him for Father's Day and the second mentions that while the TV festival was going on two of Hugh Hefner's reality TV playboy bunny stars visited Albert at the palace I guess to compare it to the mansion? Anyway that's what was apparently printed. Not great press Albert!!! Unless Hef is his idol in which case he will be very happy.
Egads...
You would think he'd learn at some point...not the greatest of sources but it does make him look like a bit of a lech.
Old 06-20-2007, 01:11 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinklady1991 View Post
Egads...
You would think he'd learn at some point...not the greatest of sources but it does make him look like a bit of a lech.

Uh, sometimes it's like that game of telephone here! In the "Rush and Malloy" article (scroll down) Casting Stones over a Gulf in values it explains it and actually it's pretty accurate.

I mentioned "elsewhere" that the girls were in Monte Carlo with Hugh Hefner to celebrate one of his girlfriend's birthday's (not bunnies --- there are bunnies, playmates and girlfriends -- i only know is because i went to the mansion for a party a while back and this was explained to me -- yes, too much information!!!!!) Anyways two girlfriends tried for kicks to "get into the palace" unannounced which obviously was a dumb move and it got them in trouble. Hef and his three girlfriends, by the way star in a ridiculous U.S. reality show "The Girls Next Door".

Well, a follow up to the sketchy initial reports last week (which did not include albert's involvement) ... is that Hef did interviews at the Playboy Jazz Festival this past weekend (including the tv show i work on) and he confirmed the story (have it on tape) that the girls got in a bit of trouble for trying to push their way into the palace. It was not some hanky panky visit with the prince. Maybe for a prince not the best idea to meet with Hugh Hefner's girlfriends but, hey, it's Albert.
Old 06-20-2007, 01:19 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativemind View Post
Well, a follow up to the sketchy initial reports is that Hef did interviews at the Playboy Jazz Festival this past weekend (including my show) and he confirmed the story (have it on tape) that the girls got in a bit of trouble for trying to push their way into the palace. It was not some hanky panky visit with the prince. Maybe for a prince not the best idea to meet with Hugh Hefner's girlfriends but, hey, it's Albert.
And therein lies the PR nightmare...
Old 06-20-2007, 01:34 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Uh, sometimes it's like that game of telephone here! In the "Rush and Malloy" article (scroll down) Casting Stones over a Gulf in values it explains it and actually it's pretty accurate. I posted this elsewhere and I think the story was misconstrued here.

I mentioned "elsewhere" that the girls were in Monte Carlo with Hugh Hefner to celebrate one of his girlfriend's birthday's (not bunnies --- there are bunnies, playmates and girlfriends -- i only know is because i went to the mansion for a party a while back and this was explained to me -- yes, too much information!!!!!) Anyways two girlfriends tried for kicks to "get into the palace" unannounced which obviously was a dumb move and it got them in trouble. Hef and his three girlfriends, by the way star in a ridiculous U.S. reality show "The Girls Next Door".

Well, a follow up to the sketchy initial reports my show got last week is that Hef did interviews at the Playboy Jazz Festival this past weekend (including my show) and he confirmed the story (have it on tape) that the girls got in a bit of trouble for trying to push their way into the palace. It was not some hanky panky visit with the prince. Maybe for a prince not the best idea to meet with Hugh Hefner's girlfriends but, hey, it's Albert.
Thanks for clarifying the mess Creative! I read about this in another news source as well and they were described as bunnies in his TV show, and said that he did meet them, I guess it was to smooth over the mess, and as Pink said there in lies the PR nightmare, it's Albert! But since you got it right from the source there we have it. Thanks again.
Old 06-20-2007, 02:15 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Uh, sometimes it's like that game of telephone here! In the "Rush and Malloy" article (scroll down) Casting Stones over a Gulf in values it explains it and actually it's pretty accurate.

Well, a follow up to the sketchy initial reports last week (which did not include albert's involvement) ... is that Hef did interviews at the Playboy Jazz Festival this past weekend (including the tv show i work on) and he confirmed the story (have it on tape) that the girls got in a bit of trouble for trying to push their way into the palace. It was not some hanky panky visit with the prince. Maybe for a prince not the best idea to meet with Hugh Hefner's girlfriends but, hey, it's Albert.
OK. Albert told them he doesn't live in the palace but in an apartment in town. Huh??? I know he lived in town part of the week when Rainier was alive, but why wouldn't he live in the palace full time now. He is the sovereign after all and it is his house now. Secondly, Rush & Malloy make a big screw up. Kimberly Conrad was Hef's second wife not just his girlfriend. It's not like Hef & Kimberly got married on the quiet. It was a lavish event. That error throws doubt on everything in that article for me.
Old 06-20-2007, 03:06 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by libra65 View Post
OK. Albert told them he doesn't live in the palace but in an apartment in town. Huh??? I know he lived in town part of the week when Rainier was alive, but why wouldn't he live in the palace full time now. He is the sovereign after all and it is his house now. Secondly, Rush & Malloy make a big screw up. Kimberly Conrad was Hef's second wife not just his girlfriend. It's not like Hef & Kimberly got married on the quiet. It was a lavish event. That error throws doubt on everything in that article for me.
clarification ...

take rush and malloy however you want .... my point in posting the personal information i have was not to support rush and malloy, but merely just to say Hef himself supported the story in the interview my show did with him at the Playboy Jazz Festival on Saturday ... the media was asking if two of his girlfriends got arrested because there had been rumors and he cleared it up saying no and then backed up he and the girls being in monaco for kendra's birthday and the snafu at the palace. i logged the entire interview. and actually the reason this story came out in the first place is because Hugh Hefner, not Rush and Malloy, spoke out about it. on monacoforums where i originally posted the link to to the article i even said I held the quote in question regarding the apartment (i too have my doubts about most of what rush and malloy write) but based on own hugh's comments the story of the girls getting stopped and a bit in trouble is true ... you can believe hugh if you want to ... i just know what i heard from him.
Old 06-24-2007, 04:46 AM
Serene Highness

Albert was yesterday in Cap d'ail to rename a part of the moyenne corniche after his dad. I suppose other surrounding communities will follow...

I think Charlene was not present as she is not in the printed pics.
Old 06-24-2007, 09:28 AM
Commoner

on the last number of point de vue there are some things about albert,charlene and andrea.is there anybody that can post the articles? Point de Vue *.:.* Sommaire