HSH Prince Albert Current Events 22 : April 2007 - July 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope that doesn't happen paca. She chairs the arts, (ballet, opera)in Monaco. Can you see Charlene doing that?:eek::ROFLMAO:
Nope, I don't see her giving the prince pierre awards either. I suppose the literary prize will be given to the best cartoonist as she doesn't read french and with those she might actually understand the main story :rolleyes::ROFLMAO: But let's face it she is not interested in culture, she doesn't have culture and thus people interested in culture will go elsewhere. Long gone the times when Monaco saw world premiers and attracted the best artists etc of their time. You need a certain climate for that. I feared the cultural exodus when Marek Janowski threw down his post. The orchestra has never been better then with him. They might be small but the quality was extra. Interestingly this happened shortly after Rainier died. I was surprised that Albert would let him go so easily. I would have tried the best I could to make him stay on. But till today there is no chef d'orchestre. That is not good for an orchestra. But it is symptomatic and symbolic for Monaco. Since Albert took over it is basically running on autopilot. It is functioning but it isn't brilliant. I just wish that Rainier could occasionally look in like Janowski does and show us what Monaco is capable of when it has proper direction....

Honestly, Prince Albert should realize the significance of having an adequately elegant, committed, and regal girlfriend more now that they are preparing for Princess Grace's exhibit.

To go through their extraordinary late mother's possessions, see that extremely perfect face in huge portraits, and understand the public's fascination with her 25 years since her passing -- hey Albert, what other reminder do you need ?????

Pics 28.6.2007

Prince Albert II of Monaco pictured with Ephraim Inoni, Prime Minister of Cameroon and Sven Alkalaj, Foreign Minister of
Bosnia and Herzegovina, at the 18th annual session of the Crans Montana Forum in the Principality of Monaco on 28
June 2007. The forum runs until 01 July. EPA/ASM CORBIS

Pic 1
Pic 2

Prince Albert II of Monaco pictured with Ephraim Inoni, Prime Minister of Cameroon and Sven Alkalaj, Foreign Minister of
Bosnia and Herzegovina, at the 18th annual session of the Crans Montana Forum in the Principality of Monaco on 28
June 2007. The forum runs until 01 July. EPA/ASM CORBIS

Pic 1
Pic 2

Many thanks for all your wonderful pics!

Does anyone know what this forum is about?

You are most welcome :flowers:
Here's a nice pic from last Tuesday:

Prince Albert II of Monaco poses on a yacht at the Emirates Team New Zealand team base before Race 3 of the 32nd America's Cup in Valencia, June 26, 2007. (Stringer/Reuters) ---> Pic

From eyevine...

"Prince Albert Of Monaco (and Charlene) At The White Soiree (29/June/07) ;
SOIRÉE BLANCHE EN PRÉSENCE DU PRINCE ALBERT II ET DE CHARLÈNE WITTSTOCK POUR L'ANNIVERSAIRE DE LA BOUTIQUE SOCIETY À MONACO"

Link

Wonderful pics, Ianna, great finding - thanks for posting!
It looks nice to see both of them in white, it makes them younger, especially Charlene ;):)
They attend so many events together, it's always a surprise so let's see what comes next..

From eyevine...

"Prince Albert Of Monaco (and Charlene) At The White Soiree (29/June/07) ;
SOIRÉE BLANCHE EN PRÉSENCE DU PRINCE ALBERT II ET DE CHARLÈNE WITTSTOCK POUR L'ANNIVERSAIRE DE LA BOUTIQUE SOCIETY À MONACO"

Link

Now someone please tell me to whom the hand on the second pic belongs. And honestly doesn't Charlene mind at all where that woman has her hand ? Did anyone ever see a pic of Rainier in such a position with Grace? This looks more like they got the real couple out of focus as Albert seems to have his hands on the other woman too and Charlene just happens to be sitting next to them. sorry, but I wouldn't have a smiling face on such a situation. I'd be on my way home.

Wonderful pics, Ianna, great finding - thanks for posting!
It looks nice to see both of them in white, it makes them younger, especially Charlene ;):)
They attend so many events together, it's always a surprise so let's see what comes next..

You're most welcome! :flowers:I agree for color, it suits them well. :)

Now someone please tell me to whom the hand on the second pic belongs. And honestly doesn't Charlene mind at all where that woman has her hand ? Did anyone ever see a pic of Rainier in such a position with Grace? This looks more like they got the real couple out of focus as Albert seems to have his hands on the other woman too and Charlene just happens to be sitting next to them. sorry, but I wouldn't have a smiling face on such a situation. I'd be on my way home.

LOL Good spot paca. Albert does look like the happy camper too! The other think I noticed was that Albert's shirt is so thin you can see through it and then I looked at Charlene's dress and her's is so tight you can see the seams of the dress and I'm not sure about whether she has anything under it. Well I guess this confirms how in love Albert is with Charlene.

Rainier & Albert

hi paca
Prince Rainier was a man of enomous dignity& taste and that is why he also married Grace Kelly. Of course we would not have seen him in any position that would have compromised himself or Monaco at all.
He once said they take twenty pictures of you and they publish the one with your finger up your nose.So he was cautious and I have a picture here which I intend to upload where he is sitting at the same table with Ava Gardner and admiring her beauty in the candlight a rare photo. But he does it in such a way where there is no sleaziness involved and I think that what we have seen of the sleaziness of all this is this most disconcerting factor to any gals from good old traditional families. Charlene has not noticed because she is focused on one thing........ the tiara.My dearest paca of course you who are well bred, educated and extremely perceptive would be on your way home and I would ask who wants a coffee to go double sugar double cream?

LOL Good spot paca. Albert does look like the happy camper too! The other think I noticed was that Albert's shirt is so thin you can see through it and then I looked at Charlene's dress and her's is so tight you can see the seams of the dress and I'm not sure about whether she has anything under it. Well I guess this confirms how in love Albert is with Charlene.

I guess. :duckie: personally i do not think it is mutual love and respect (at least not my idea of it)

how could PA then just let another womans hand on his leg like that right in CW face if he was so in love with her? Maybe this kind of love does not include consideration?

here's a little video i found on the internet with some of the jumping competition. fun to look at imo - PA is in it near the end handing out a trophy to somebody

Monaco Revue -- The celebrity and lifestyle magazine with purpose

there are many pics of interesting things happening in MC in that little web paper too (you have to click thrrough the sections in the home page. Some of the pictures have small clips that you have to click to get them to run a little video). Some of the pictures show Pss. Caroline (she's gorgeous and wonderful) and PA and many fun and nice stuff going on there :)

Last edited:
Well, once again he made it into a point de vue issue with Charlene. Seems that is the only kind of press he manages to generate well. Didn't he say 2 years ago that he wanted to present a more serious image of Monaco? I don't see that being realized by getting yourself into almost each weeks tabloid with your mistress and the parties you attended. Even the local paper seems to be reporting only funstuff from Albert these last few months. Whenever it gets serious it is usually because someone is resigning. Todays paper announces the resignation (already handed in and executed mai 31st!!) of the director of the Oceanographic Museum. The very museum that his ancestor Albert I didn't trust his heirs with and turned it into a foundation out of Grimaldi reach based in Paris, though they still have a say in chosing the director. Let's hope it doesn't take him as long as replacing the chef of the philharmonic orchestra. It would be sad to see 2 cultural columns of Monaco at the verge of destruction within 2 years only after he took reigns. But I suppose we need to get used to the fact that culture and education seize to be important pillars of Monaco's life...

Well, once again he made it into a point de vue issue with Charlene. Seems that is the only kind of press he manages to generate well. Didn't he say 2 years ago that he wanted to present a more serious image of Monaco? I don't see that being realized by getting yourself into almost each weeks tabloid with your mistress and the parties you attended. Even the local paper seems to be reporting only funstuff from Albert these last few months. Whenever it gets serious it is usually because someone is resigning. Todays paper announces the resignation (already handed in and executed mai 31st!!) of the director of the Oceanographic Museum. The very museum that his ancestor Albert I didn't trust his heirs with and turned it into a foundation out of Grimaldi reach based in Paris, though they still have a say in chosing the director. Let's hope it doesn't take him as long as replacing the chef of the philharmonic orchestra. It would be sad to see 2 cultural columns of Monaco at the verge of destruction within 2 years only after he took reigns. But I suppose we need to get used to the fact that culture and education seize to be important pillars of Monaco's life...
paca, how long had the director of the Oceanographic Museum been there and how long had the Chef of the philharmonic been there as well. Also off the top of your head, do you know how many resignations there have been since Albert took office (not counting when he asked many from his father's reign to step down)? Just curious as it seems there have been quite a few in the last year alone. Thanks for all your updates I appreciate it!

paca, how long had the director of the Oceanographic Museum been there and how long had the Chef of the philharmonic been there as well. Also off the top of your head, do you know how many resignations there have been since Albert took office (not counting when he asked many from his father's reign to step down)? Just curious as it seems there have been quite a few in the last year alone. Thanks for all your updates I appreciate it!
The chef d'orchestre is/was Marek Janowski from 2000 to 10/2005. He conducted of course other orchestras as well, as do other conductors. But it was his selected staff (Walter Coomans) who was doing the day to day work. Until now his stand in has continued to do so, more or less as a favour. Just as Janowski out of respect for Caro continued all his engagements for concerts with the orchestra. So for the time being the orcestra has managed to get by, but it is obviously not good to continue for such a long period without a chef. that's a bit like running a ship without a captain. It is ok to have the 1st officer take over for a short period, but not as permanent. Especially if he remains 1st officer. In this case Janowski's guy refused from the beginning to stay as chef. The orchestra was in excellent shape and it is surprising that it takes them so long to bring in a new guy. There are plenty of talented young conductors out there, they could have given one of them a chance. Of course they wanted a big name, but those are usually tied up years in advance. And having some uncultured Monegasque official insult the condutor in the sort of way that makes him throw the baton immediately, is probably not quite a good recommendation for Monaco. At least that's how the gospel goes. Undoubtedly the orchestra is always at it's best with Janowski, so I doubt that he has any problems with them artistically (unlike karajan and the Berlin orchestra in the early 80s).

The director of the museum was there for roughly 2 years. His predecessor left with a big bang. It is in todays paper. It was quite a scandal at the time.

As to his government, well he is on his 2nd chef de cabinet and all of his advisors have changed at least once. People close to him like Franck Biancheri and Stephane Valeri have been accused of dishonesty. Biancheri offered his resignation, Albert refused, but apparently realized this mistake later and replaced him without further explanation. He is of course still having an important function in Monaco. There were also changes in the government, most notably M Deslandes who left shortly after Turin and with some remarks with respect to Charlene (and critical towards Albert). my translation of his interview might still be in the achievement thread (where there is not much new since then except a few new embassies that he opened while touring the world with Charlene, but now they are home to party, so there won't be much to add in the near future) that ought to be renamed in underachievement thread, since nothing came out of his high aspirations so far. Any elected head of state would have to start worrying about his reelection by now. Lucky for Albert that he doesn't have to. But he doesn't have to face a critical press either. So he can keep on living it up...

The chef d'orchestre is/was Marek Janowski from 2000 to 10/2005. He conducted of course other orchestras as well, as do other conductors. But it was his selected staff (Walter Coomans) who was doing the day to day work. Until now his stand in has continued to do so, more or less as a favour. Just as Janowski out of respect for Caro continued all his engagements for concerts with the orchestra. So for the time being the orcestra has managed to get by, but it is obviously not good to continue for such a long period without a chef. that's a bit like running a ship without a captain. It is ok to have the 1st officer take over for a short period, but not as permanent. Especially if he remains 1st officer. In this case Janowski's guy refused from the beginning to stay as chef. The orchestra was in excellent shape and it is surprising that it takes them so long to bring in a new guy. There are plenty of talented young conductors out there, they could have given one of them a chance. Of course they wanted a big name, but those are usually tied up years in advance. And having some uncultured Monegasque official insult the condutor in the sort of way that makes him throw the baton immediately, is probably not quite a good recommendation for Monaco. At least that's how the gospel goes. Undoubtedly the orchestra is always at it's best with Janowski, so I doubt that he has any problems with them artistically (unlike karajan and the Berlin orchestra in the early 80s).

The director of the museum was there for roughly 2 years. His predecessor left with a big bang. It is in todays paper. It was quite a scandal at the time.

As to his government, well he is on his 2nd chef de cabinet and all of his advisors have changed at least once. People close to him like Franck Biancheri and Stephane Valeri have been accused of dishonesty. Biancheri offered his resignation, Albert refused, but apparently realized this mistake later and replaced him without further explanation. He is of course still having an important function in Monaco. There were also changes in the government, most notably M Deslandes who left shortly after Turin and with some remarks with respect to Charlene (and critical towards Albert). my translation of his interview might still be in the achievement thread (where there is not much new since then except a few new embassies that he opened while touring the world with Charlene, but now they are home to party, so there won't be much to add in the near future) that ought to be renamed in underachievement thread, since nothing came out of his high aspirations so far. Any elected head of state would have to start worrying about his reelection by now. Lucky for Albert that he doesn't have to. But he doesn't have to face a critical press either. So he can keep on living it up...

Thank you so much you are such a font of information. You are confirming what I thought. No one is staying very long. Two years is not a long time. In the US they usually stay for a term which can be 4 - 6. For the Director of the Museum to leave in two years has to be for some very serious reasons. Often a director will leave out of frustration or budget cuts beyond which he feels the institution can function. Mods I'm not saying this is the reason I'm just tossing out a few reasons why directors leave after a short period of time and then there is the personality conflicts with the board. It would be interesting to know what happened. As to Albert's cabinet. He does seem to be having rapid turnovers more than one would usually find. Something must be going on that is not a good thing. I wish more would speak up and say why they left. Again thanks so much for the info!

Thanks for that

I guess. :duckie: personally i do not think it is mutual love and respect (at least not my idea of it)

how could PA then just let another womans hand on his leg like that right in CW face if he was so in love with her? Maybe this kind of love does not include consideration?

here's a little video i found on the internet with some of the jumping competition. fun to look at imo - PA is in it near the end handing out a trophy to somebody

Monaco Revue -- The celebrity and lifestyle magazine with purpose

there are many pics of interesting things happening in MC in that little web paper too (you have to click thrrough the sections in the home page. Some of the pictures have small clips that you have to click to get them to run a little video). Some of the pictures show Pss. Caroline (she's gorgeous and wonderful) and PA and many fun and nice stuff going on there :)
Hi Lillia,
Thanks for that.I saw Athina Onassis and Doda her equestrian husband there in that video in Monaco.I wonder if Athina knows her grandad once owned the place lock stock and barrel? And then Charlene walking into that venue with the black dress with sequins? All kinds of very interesting things . Thank you so very much.

Point de Vue is an extremely right wing magazine from what I understand.JMO.
I thought Pa was going to transform the image and metamorphose the position of Monaco.So many upheavals in such a short time.
I have a sinking feeling further trouble awaits....... if PA does not make clear his intentions and act on them not just in theory but in parctice.....while not given to one of his bouts of bad or mistaken judgement

As today's newspaper isn't online yet, I can give the timeline of the Museum's directors: first of April 2004 the previous director got sacked (for serious mistakes, possibly the French equivalent of mismanagement?) Before that, there was already a lot of upheaval since the beginning of the year. The secretary general played for temp director for three months and after him the Jean Jaubert took over. And he resigned per 30 May, so he's been there for slightly less than 3 years.
But the succession is imminent...
Mr. Jaubert isn't allowed to give comment, the secretary general claims it's for personal reasons. But it seems that Mr. Jaubert has sent an email to the Museum's personnel, saying he doesn't agree with the administrative council of the Museum. (He had an interesting plan, IMO)
The rest of the article goes on about problems between the direction in Paris and in Monaco and the director general. The standard bureaucratic problems, the one who has the power doesn't know what's going on and the one who knows what's going on, doesn't have the power. :ermm:
It seems that two candidates for the post have already been selected and presented to Albert (yes, still on topic) last week. It is possible that a definitive decision might be made during the meeting of the administrative council in Paris on the 9th of July.

Point de Vue is an extremely right wing magazine from what I understand.JMO.
I thought Pa was going to transform the image and metamorphose the position of Monaco.So many upheavals in such a short time.
I have a sinking feeling further trouble awaits....... if PA does not make clear his intentions and act on them not just in theory but in parctice.....while not given to one of his bouts of bad or mistaken judgement
I think that might be one of Albert's biggest problems. Clarity is generally preferable to insecurity, speculation and doubt (remember Albert's inthronisation speech: honesty and all that) but he deliberately keeps things fuzzy. So things happily fester along. :bang: The Charlene situation is a good example, there are more but my brain isn't awake yet.

Pics 3.7.2007

Prince Albert attends the decoration ceremony of the president of the International Olympic Committee (IOC), Jacques Rogge, at the National Palace of Culture in Guatemala City, on July 3rd, 2007. The IOC votes tomorrow on what promises to be one of the closest races in Winter Olympic Games history for the right to host the 2014 edition. AFP PHOTO/Orlando SIERRA

Pic

Prince Albert II of Monaco speaks before the opening ceremony of the 119th IOC session at the national theater Miguel Angel Asturias on July 3, 2007 in Guatemala City, Guatemala. Carlos Munoz/Getty

Pic

As today's newspaper isn't online yet, I can give the timeline of the Museum's directors: first of April 2004 the previous director got sacked (for serious mistakes, possibly the French equivalent of mismanagement?) Before that, there was already a lot of upheaval since the beginning of the year. The secretary general played for temp director for three months and after him the Jean Jaubert took over. And he resigned per 30 May, so he's been there for slightly less than 3 years.
Mr. Jaubert isn't allowed to give comment, the secretary general claims it's for personal reasons. But it seems that Mr. Jaubert has sent an email to the Museum's personnel, saying he doesn't agree with the administrative council of the Museum. (He had an interesting plan, IMO)
The rest of the article goes on about problems between the direction in Paris and in Monaco and the director general. The standard bureaucratic problems, the one who has the power doesn't know what's going on and the one who knows what's going on, doesn't have the power. :ermm:
It seems that two candidates for the post have already been selected and presented to Albert (yes, still on topic) last week. It is possible that a definitive decision might be made during the meeting of the administrative council in Paris on the 9th of July.

I think that might be one of Albert's biggest problems. Clarity is generally preferable to insecurity, speculation and doubt (remember Albert's inthronisation speech: honesty and all that) but he deliberately keeps things fuzzy. So things happily fester along. :bang: The Charlene situation is a good example, there are more but my brain isn't awake yet.
Yes that's the gist of the article. Though the director that got sacked actually caused a stir already through her nomination. A lot of people didn't want her there (maybe because she was a woman? Don't forget Monaco is very macho and a woman in such a position?), although apparently scientificly she was extremely qualified. At the time the rumour went basically that she did not want to leave but some people wanted her to leave, so basically they knew better how to pull strings then her and got her sacked. I never heard that she did anything that really warrented the mentioning of faut grave. She made herself a number of enemies and those couldn't content themselves with getting rid of her, they also needed to destroy her. Little minds in a little state. Same thing as with Janowski. I wonder whether it was actually the same people. Though with Janowski they couldn't destroy him as his artistic achievement can be prooved every concert he gives and the critics he get's even here in Monaco are excellent. Peopel who are not used to working with conductors, might not think that there is a big difference as the music is always the same. But you notice immediately when you are working with a good one. I always feel that you are also advancing quicker with them because they have clear ideas and know how to get you where they want you to go. Of course no musician is ever content with his achievement, but the closer they get to perfection, the happier they are and the more determined they are to get it perfect next time, which of course they never will.... Unfortunetely Albert is a very mediocre maestro of Monaco. His ideas are diffuse and he does not have a clue how to get things done in Monaco. He is a provincial leader with provincial minds to lead but aspiring to greatness. That makes him into some kind of Shakespearean figure: remember those characters that are from a limited background but want to behave like the nobility? they want to be better then those of their class, pretend to be educated, but really they are not so no one understands what they are talking about as they continously misuse words because they do not know the meaning. Ultimately they are everyones laughing stock and the most tragic characters. And I am afraid Albert is doing just the same. He uses the words ecology, green and morality, but doesn't seem to know the meaning. So he travels the globe using these words, not noticing that everyone is first bewildered and then laughing behind his back. And it looks like he has gotten himself the right companion to go with it. and they will be silly enough to believe that the wolrd is admiring them because of all the flashlights from the cameras, but indeed the world is taking pictures, so they can all have a good laugh to distract them from all the desasters that are happening in the world. It is a bit like Britney Spears and Paris Hilton. Really not worth mentioning per se, but always good for a laugh to distract your mind for a minute or two.

Hi Paca,

I was curious to know if the local papers in Monaco have some sort of rating poll where the people there can rate Prince Albert's performance as the new ruler. Here in the US the news is constantly announcing the latest rating on George Bush's performance, which has been on the decline. I would like to know if you have something similar in Monaco or if that is forbiddden.

Hi Paca,

I was curious to know if the local papers in Monaco have some sort of rating poll where the people there can rate Prince Albert's performance as the new ruler. Here in the US the news is constantly announcing the latest rating on George Bush's performance, which has been on the decline. I would like to know if you have something similar in Monaco or if that is forbiddden.
No there is nothing like that. And what use would it be? It is not like we'd get a new prince when he falls below a certain level of performance. All you have is some other people behind the scenes taking the power and keeping him away or just use him as a figurehead. Don't worry someone will govern, someone always does. It is just the question whether you know who it is. In democracies it is also not always the person you elected that governs. It is always groups with interests who do and it just is a question who will have the upperhand. And mostly the heads of state are busy keeping things undercontrol and balanced with regards to their own ambitions and ideas. Obviously Albert prefers to stay out of it or party instead. He is either away somewhere opening an embassy or attending some sports comittee or event. His actual governing time is basically equivalent to George Bus pre 911. Just that he doesn't golf. He has Charlene instead. Wonder what it will take to wake him up.

No there is nothing like that. And what use would it be? It is not like we'd get a new prince when he falls below a certain level of performance. All you have is some other people behind the scenes taking the power and keeping him away or just use him as a figurehead. Don't worry someone will govern, someone always does. It is just the question whether you know who it is. In democracies it is also not always the person you elected that governs. It is always groups with interests who do and it just is a question who will have the upperhand. And mostly the heads of state are busy keeping things undercontrol and balanced with regards to their own ambitions and ideas. Obviously Albert prefers to stay out of it or party instead. He is either away somewhere opening an embassy or attending some sports comittee or event. His actual governing time is basically equivalent to George Bus pre 911. Just that he doesn't golf. He has Charlene instead. Wonder what it will take to wake him up.

I will guess an economic failure in Monaco such as a lack of confidence from investors who might pull out and put their money elsewhere. The real threat would be Lichtenstein who has been working hard to become the next playground and economic center. They have rebuilt all their centers, opera house restored etc. They are a contender and are putting out a lot of PR in the travel magazines lately. Just a thought.

Thank you for updating us on the info. it confirms the reasons I gave earlier and sounds like a huge conflict between the institution in Monaco and it's parent organization i.e. it's governing board. It sounds like the Director in Monaco had some great ideas but was stifled, that is a good reason to quit. Sadly the next person they hire will just tow the company line and there will be no changes until there is a change in the Paris board. It is hard to get a dynamic director to take over when this happens. The Oceanographic Museum like the Orchestra will slowly sink into the harbor if things are done to preserve them. As I mentioned in my other post, Lichtenstein awaits. Monaco better get with the program fast. Such a disappointment.

I will guess an economic failure in Monaco such as a lack of confidence from investors who might pull out and put their money elsewhere. The real threat would be Lichtenstein who has been working hard to become the next playground and economic center. They have rebuilt all their centers, opera house restored etc. They are a contender and are putting out a lot of PR in the travel magazines lately. Just a thought.

i'd put dubai on that list also, talk about a playground for the rich, which monaco used to be. glamor, exclusiveness, the wish to rub shoulders and pretend to be one of the elite. i don't know if its albert? his official companion? or boredom (been there done that, on to the next "hot" place) but monaco imo has lost some of its "shine" and albert should be worried, very worried.

i'd put dubai on that list also, talk about a playground for the rich, which monaco used to be. glamor, exclusiveness, the wish to rub shoulders and pretend to be one of the elite. i don't know if its albert? his official companion? or boredom (been there done that, on to the next "hot" place) but monaco imo has lost some of its "shine" and albert should be worried, very worried.

Excellent point! Also a while back, maybe fall I read that Albert may have purchased property in Dubai. I could be wrong but I know he was there. I wonder if anyone can unearth that trip? But you point is very well taken and yes Albert should be very worried.

Excellent point! Also a while back, maybe fall I read that Albert may have purchased property in Dubai. I could be wrong but I know he was there. I wonder if anyone can unearth that trip? But you point is very well taken and yes Albert should be very worried.
Yes he was there (he droped Charlene off I think). There was some event that he attended there and he looked at some landwining project.

I think the problem that keeps Dubai in a different league to Monaco is the fact that it is islamic. Thus it will draw many rich arabs and curious western people, but the western people might still be more inclined to spend their money in other places. I think Liechtenstein is more of a competition, but it does lack the glamour and fun factor. Plus it lacks the beach. You can't ankor an expensive yacht in Liechtenstein. A lot of newly rich are about showing it all. A place where you can't show it has little interest for them. Liechtenstein is too discreet in that matter. A good place to park the cash, but not a good one to show it. And the reigning royals are not particularly glitzy or media attractive either. When was the last time they made headlines and drew attention to their country? Sure they have other ways, but their discreet ways make all the difference about how the country is perceived.

Hi Paca,
As far i know the late opinion pol was about public administration.
Yes that's the gist of the article. Though the director that got sacked actually caused a stir already through her nomination. A lot of people didn't want her there (maybe because she was a woman? Don't forget Monaco is very macho and a woman in such a position?), although apparently scientificly she was extremely qualified.......... Unfortunetely Albert is a very mediocre maestro of Monaco. His ideas are diffuse and he does not have a clue how to get things done in Monaco. He is a provincial leader with provincial minds to lead but aspiring to greatness. continously misuse words because they do not know the meaning. .......... He uses the words ecology, green and morality, but doesn't seem to know the meaning. So he travels the globe using these words, not noticing that everyone is first bewildered and then laughing behind his back.
i agree Paca,i beleive that he could be a good leader if he was able to say YES or NO. there is too much strugle around him because he is not taking decisions. when people are fighting, yes can't make anything else for Monaco
And it looks like he has gotten himself the right companion to go with it
and they will be silly enough to believe that the wolrd is admiring them because of all the flashlights from the cameras, but indeed the world is taking pictures, so they can all have a good laugh to distract them from all the desasters that are happening in the world. It is a bit like Britney Spears and Paris Hilton. Really not worth mentioning per se, but always good for a laugh to distract your mind for a minute or two.
My firends in Monaco were "happy" when Albert became Albert II now they are wondering about current affairs here and about what is going to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom