The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-23-2007, 06:49 PM
Serene Highness

Well, can't blame them being all being at ease there. It is a beautyful area. I've been around there a lot for house hunting ( unfortunetely didn't work out :() There are some nice villages there as well and if anyone would offer me a place in my favourite village near the Mercantour, I'd be moving there tomorrow. You can go hiking,mountain biking, there are caves, you can go on horse etc etc. In Tende there is a natural history museum, in winter you can go skiing. If you are ever in the region, you should take a few days out there. It is quite the change to Monaco

Old 05-24-2007, 01:07 AM
Serene Highness

What prince Albert was carrying in this big box on this back? Birds?

"The course of true love never did run smooth " William Shakespeare, 'A Midsummer Night's Dream'

http://www.aishwarya-rai.com/
Old 05-24-2007, 07:49 AM
Serene Highness

In the nice matin article it said that he carried one bird and his councellor the other. It was a one hour walk apparently.
Old 05-24-2007, 08:32 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by paca
In the nice matin article it said that he carried one bird and his councellor the other. It was a one hour walk apparently.
yes, finally it is that it is told, that one wants to make us believe... but there is to drink and to eat... like one says on my village...

and then the prince did not carry the case from his exit of car...

Deadline Press Photo - Latest Stories

looks the photo DL118159_015.JPG He arrives without the case, thus he carried the case only when he arrived at two steps of the cave
lckc
Old 05-24-2007, 12:39 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lckc571
yes, finally it is that it is told, that one wants to make us believe... but there is to drink and to eat... like one says on my village...
and then the prince did not carry the case from his exit of car...
Deadline Press Photo - Latest Stories
looks the photo DL118159_015.JPG He arrives without the case, thus he carried the case only when he arrived at two steps of the cave
lckc
You're right... but some people are saying he 's a sportman!!!
Old 05-28-2007, 06:22 AM
Heir Apparent

Location: Somewhere in the middle of the River Po Valley, Italy
Can anybody enlighten me, please?

Last night I happened to be watching the news on Mediaset owned TG4, where the editor himself, said that Prince Albert officially announced that he will never marry. The girls he keeps company with, are those whom he highly estimates, and the reason he will never marry is that he wants to keep his mother's memory sort of everlasting.
Does anyone know if this is true????
Old 05-28-2007, 06:31 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tosca

Last night I happened to be watching the news on Mediaset owned TG4, where the editor himself, said that Prince Albert officially announced that he will never marry. The girls he keeps company with, are those whom he highly estimates, and the reason he will never marry is that he wants to keep his mother's memory sort of everlasting.
Great news, if it is true.
Old 05-28-2007, 10:13 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:

Ohh, is this a tele emission? or a magazine??? I do not know... I want to know.

lckc
Old 05-28-2007, 10:44 AM
Heir Apparent

I heard this on TG4, a news programme. I took a glance at the dagospia website, that is usually well informed on this kind of things, but I've found nothing so far...

It may be a cock-and-bull story. I wish I knew more, but can't find anything about that on the net.
Old 05-28-2007, 12:31 PM
Commoner

Quote:
I heard this on TG4, a news programme. I took a glance at the dagospia website, that is usually well informed on this kind of things, but I've found nothing so far...

It may be a cock-and-bull story. I wish I knew more, but can't find anything about that on the net.
tosca, take a look at this recent "times" story that seems to be getting rehashed in different tabloids ... i'm wondering if the presenter who told the story misinterpreted what albert said in this interview ... albert does mention focusing on the july event for his mother's legacy and not having plans to marry now ... but he doesn't directly say he won't ever marry because of her legacy ... just a thought ... it's the only one i could think of .... yes, maybe another cock and bull story.

Remembering my fairytale mother-News-World-Europe-TimesOnline
Old 05-28-2007, 12:42 PM
Heir Apparent

Thanks creativemind! I guess the presenter misinterpreted Albert's statement, as you said.
Old 05-28-2007, 12:42 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativemind
tosca, take a look at this recent "times" story that seems to be getting rehashed in different tabloids ... i'm wondering if the presenter who told the story misinterpreted what albert said in this interview ... albert does mention focusing on the july event for his mother's legacy and not having plans to marry now ... but he directly say he won't ever marry because of her legacy ... just a thought ... it's the only one i could think of .... yes, maybe another cock and bull story.

Remembering my fairytale mother-News-World-Europe-TimesOnline
Well maybe this is his next saga and excuse for the parade of ladies on his arm -at least they should know what they are getting into. I hope this means he's going to buckle down and stay home and work on the good of Monaco for a while. Let's hope!
Old 05-28-2007, 12:43 PM
Commoner

i'm not sure but this is the only thing i could come up with ... maybe another poster knows of some other interview where he could have said it ... oh well! anyways it's a nice article ... nice to hear about he and his sisters spending time and going through their mother's things together. hopefully when the exhibit opens we'll see them all together for the event.
Old 05-28-2007, 12:45 PM
Aristocracy

he also talks about him seeing jazmin, I wonder when she will be coming again. nd I agree creative, they have missinterpreted his words on the marriage thing.
Old 05-28-2007, 02:27 PM
Serene Highness

I think what Pa is attempting to say here without dredging the depths& sounding maudlin is that his mother and her aesthetic was the stuff of para-signifiers.Her classic beauty coupled with her faultless taste was what we ladies defined ourselves with,idolized and still do as the platinum standard.Recently a dress worn by Audrey Hepburn was auctioned and fetched $809,000 US which is an astronomical amount of money.Princess Grace is not for auction or sale; she is the stuff of legends and that is why she is always a class apart & still part of our oneiric visions.Whoever Pa marries if he does will stand in the long shadow that Princess Grace casts even after her death. But if such a lady does exist we will know when she arrives instantaneously.
Old 05-28-2007, 06:10 PM
Serene Highness

Reading that interview in "Timesonline" I'm not even sure if Albert told the journalist that he did not have plans to marry now. The interview seems like mix of facts, rumours, gossip, quotes from various magazines, gossip tabloids. It looks like author interviewed Albert but it difficult to recognize what questions were asked by a journalist. The phrase:"But when asked if there was any prospect of a wedding announcement" doesnt not assure me it was given by the author. In this interview the author was rehashing some other interviews or maybe some tabloids statements, assumptions. The last interview when Albert directly himself stated he did not have plans to marry was summer last year on American TV. The later on were just rehashed, twisted stories.

"The course of true love never did run smooth " William Shakespeare, 'A Midsummer Night's Dream'

Old 05-28-2007, 07:16 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakshmi
Reading that interview in "Timesonline" I'm not even sure if Albert told the journalist that he did not have plans to marry now. The interview seems like mix of facts, rumours, gossip, quotes from various magazines, gossip tabloids. It looks like author interviewed Albert but it difficult to recognize what questions were asked by a journalist. The phrase:"But when asked if there was any prospect of a wedding announcement" doesnt not assure me it was given by the author. In this interview the author was rehashing some other interviews or maybe some tabloids statements, assumptions. The last interview when Albert directly himself stated he did not have plans to marry was summer last year on American TV. The later on were just rehashed, twisted stories.
I think there was one more recent one for an Italian paper where he says that he doesn't feel ready yet. And that looked like a straightforward question answer one. It was recent and also mentioned the exhibition.
Old 05-28-2007, 07:38 PM
Serene Highness

I wonder how this interview with Matthew Campbell looked like. It was one by one interview or some press conference. If there was interview with some Italian paper recently and that paper also mentioned exhibition, so quite possible that because of comming event (opening exibition in July) they prepared conference in palace. They would need some media covership long before event.

Old 05-28-2007, 11:24 PM
Aristocracy

I do not know how credible this magazine is because it states both children ages wrong. It says that Jazmin is 16 and Alexander is 5. We all know that Jazmin just recently turned 15 and Alexander is still 3 years old.
Old 05-28-2007, 11:39 PM
Serene Highness

Good find, Bahamagirl. Yes, children's age is wrong.

Closed Thread