HSH Prince Albert Current Events 22 : April 2007 - July 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He was today just before lunchtime at the Grimaldi Forum for the TV festival. He was wearing a beige suit, was greeting bystanders (though not many) cheerfully. Charlene was no at his side.

paca said:
He was today just before lunchtime at the Grimaldi Forum for the TV festival. He was wearing a beige suit, was greeting bystanders (though not many) cheerfully. Charlene was no at his side.

It seems to me that when there are events that might be related to his mother (Acting profession) that Miss Wittstock doesn't seem to attend. I could be wrong but it just seems that way.

paca said:
I'm sure about Grace events... we saw her during sports events.... and fashion show... (yacht girls????)

Pics 14.6.2007

You are all most welcome as always :flowers:
Here are pics from today:
Prince Albert II of Monaco attends the 2007 Monte Carlo Television Festival closing ceremony held at Grimaldi Forum
on June 14, 2007 in Monte Carlo, Monaco. Pascal Le Segretain/Getty

Pic 1
Pic 2

Thanks for the snaps Iceflower. He looks quite good. He probably loves being around all the ladies.;)

Of course he does, libra65 ;) and you are most welcome :) .
Here are two additional pics of the award ceremony itself held at the Grimaldi Forum - the pics I had posted
yesterday had been from the arrival only:

Pic 1
Pic 2

Of course he does, libra65 ;) and you are most welcome :) .
Here are two additional pics of the award ceremony itself held at the Grimaldi Forum - the pics I had posted
yesterday had been from the arrival only:

Pic 1
Pic 2

Once again you found some great pictures! I don't know how you do it but thanks! He actually looks comfortable on stage something I don't think you see often with him.

Once again you found some great pictures! I don't know how you do it but thanks! He actually looks comfortable on stage something I don't think you see often with him.
I have noticed that when he is well prepared, he is comfortable, when he is badly prepared he is not and makes everyone else uncomfortable because as a listener you are basically willing the words out of his mouth. He was very well prepared in his first public speech, but when he attends an event that he or his advisors think less important, he starts stammering. With his problem IMO he should prepare every event as if it was very important: out of respect for himself and for others. Worst thing is when he is badly prepared and tries to speak without notes.

The New York Post and NY Daily News apparently have to short pieces in their gossip sections (yesterday I think it was) about Albert the first took a shot at him for Father's Day and the second mentions that while the TV festival was going on two of Hugh Hefner's reality TV playboy bunny stars visited Albert at the palace I guess to compare it to the mansion? Anyway that's what was apparently printed. Not great press Albert!!! Unless Hef is his idol in which case he will be very happy.

Apparently Albert was in Strasbourg yesterday. sth to do with sports. On the same note, it looks as though they are trying to get the Tour de france to start from Monaco in 2009. I am sure that will help Monacos image tremendously with regards to morals and cheating.:rolleyes: But Albers transparency politics will be held up in high regards: everyone will know that those without bicycles are the ones who are not doping.:angel:;)

Last edited by a moderator:
The New York Post and NY Daily News apparently have to short pieces in their gossip sections (yesterday I think it was) about Albert the first took a shot at him for Father's Day and the second mentions that while the TV festival was going on two of Hugh Hefner's reality TV playboy bunny stars visited Albert at the palace I guess to compare it to the mansion? Anyway that's what was apparently printed. Not great press Albert!!! Unless Hef is his idol in which case he will be very happy.

Egads...:bang:
You would think he'd learn at some point...not the greatest of sources but it does make him look like a bit of a lech.

Egads...:bang:
You would think he'd learn at some point...not the greatest of sources but it does make him look like a bit of a lech.

Uh, sometimes it's like that game of telephone here!:D In the "Rush and Malloy" article (scroll down) Casting Stones over a Gulf in values it explains it and actually it's pretty accurate.

I mentioned "elsewhere" that the girls were in Monte Carlo with Hugh Hefner to celebrate one of his girlfriend's birthday's (not bunnies --- there are bunnies, playmates and girlfriends -- i only know is because i went to the mansion for a party a while back and this was explained to me -- yes, too much information!!!!!) Anyways two girlfriends tried for kicks to "get into the palace" unannounced which obviously was a dumb move and it got them in trouble. Hef and his three girlfriends, by the way star in a ridiculous U.S. reality show "The Girls Next Door".

Well, a follow up to the sketchy initial reports last week (which did not include albert's involvement) ... is that Hef did interviews at the Playboy Jazz Festival this past weekend (including the tv show i work on) and he confirmed the story (have it on tape) that the girls got in a bit of trouble for trying to push their way into the palace. It was not some hanky panky visit with the prince. Maybe for a prince not the best idea to meet with Hugh Hefner's girlfriends but, hey, it's Albert. :D

Last edited:
Well, a follow up to the sketchy initial reports is that Hef did interviews at the Playboy Jazz Festival this past weekend (including my show) and he confirmed the story (have it on tape) that the girls got in a bit of trouble for trying to push their way into the palace. It was not some hanky panky visit with the prince. Maybe for a prince not the best idea to meet with Hugh Hefner's girlfriends but, hey, it's Albert. :D

And therein lies the PR nightmare...

Uh, sometimes it's like that game of telephone here!:D In the "Rush and Malloy" article (scroll down) Casting Stones over a Gulf in values it explains it and actually it's pretty accurate. I posted this elsewhere and I think the story was misconstrued here.

I mentioned "elsewhere" that the girls were in Monte Carlo with Hugh Hefner to celebrate one of his girlfriend's birthday's (not bunnies --- there are bunnies, playmates and girlfriends -- i only know is because i went to the mansion for a party a while back and this was explained to me -- yes, too much information!!!!!) Anyways two girlfriends tried for kicks to "get into the palace" unannounced which obviously was a dumb move and it got them in trouble. Hef and his three girlfriends, by the way star in a ridiculous U.S. reality show "The Girls Next Door".

Well, a follow up to the sketchy initial reports my show got last week is that Hef did interviews at the Playboy Jazz Festival this past weekend (including my show) and he confirmed the story (have it on tape) that the girls got in a bit of trouble for trying to push their way into the palace. It was not some hanky panky visit with the prince. Maybe for a prince not the best idea to meet with Hugh Hefner's girlfriends but, hey, it's Albert. :D

Thanks for clarifying the mess Creative! I read about this in another news source as well and they were described as bunnies in his TV show, and said that he did meet them, I guess it was to smooth over the mess, and as Pink said there in lies the PR nightmare, it's Albert! But since you got it right from the source there we have it. Thanks again.

Last edited:
Uh, sometimes it's like that game of telephone here!:D In the "Rush and Malloy" article (scroll down) Casting Stones over a Gulf in values it explains it and actually it's pretty accurate.

Well, a follow up to the sketchy initial reports last week (which did not include albert's involvement) ... is that Hef did interviews at the Playboy Jazz Festival this past weekend (including the tv show i work on) and he confirmed the story (have it on tape) that the girls got in a bit of trouble for trying to push their way into the palace. It was not some hanky panky visit with the prince. Maybe for a prince not the best idea to meet with Hugh Hefner's girlfriends but, hey, it's Albert. :D

OK. Albert told them he doesn't live in the palace but in an apartment in town. Huh??? I know he lived in town part of the week when Rainier was alive, but why wouldn't he live in the palace full time now. He is the sovereign after all and it is his house now. Secondly, Rush & Malloy make a big screw up. Kimberly Conrad was Hef's second wife not just his girlfriend. It's not like Hef & Kimberly got married on the quiet. It was a lavish event. That error throws doubt on everything in that article for me.

OK. Albert told them he doesn't live in the palace but in an apartment in town. Huh??? I know he lived in town part of the week when Rainier was alive, but why wouldn't he live in the palace full time now. He is the sovereign after all and it is his house now. Secondly, Rush & Malloy make a big screw up. Kimberly Conrad was Hef's second wife not just his girlfriend. It's not like Hef & Kimberly got married on the quiet. It was a lavish event. That error throws doubt on everything in that article for me.

clarification ...

take rush and malloy however you want .... my point in posting the personal information i have was not to support rush and malloy, but merely just to say Hef himself supported the story in the interview my show did with him at the Playboy Jazz Festival on Saturday ... the media was asking if two of his girlfriends got arrested because there had been rumors and he cleared it up saying no and then backed up he and the girls being in monaco for kendra's birthday and the snafu at the palace. i logged the entire interview. and actually the reason this story came out in the first place is because Hugh Hefner, not Rush and Malloy, spoke out about it. on monacoforums where i originally posted the link to to the article i even said I held the quote in question regarding the apartment (i too have my doubts about most of what rush and malloy write) but based on own hugh's comments the story of the girls getting stopped and a bit in trouble is true ... you can believe hugh if you want to ... i just know what i heard from him.

Last edited:
Albert was yesterday in Cap d'ail to rename a part of the moyenne corniche after his dad. I suppose other surrounding communities will follow...

I think Charlene was not present as she is not in the printed pics.

on the last number of point de vue there are some things about albert,charlene and andrea.is there anybody that can post the articles? Point de Vue *.:.* Sommaire
I had only a glance on it... usual blabs about Albert and Charlene ..... but no wedding word... only "sentiment grandissant".... ridiculous... and I didn't read about Andrea ...Sorry....

Pics 23.6.2007

Prince Albert of Monaco and US actor and activist Ted Danson pose on a yacht after Danson was awarded with the lifetime service SeaKeeper Award (R) at the Bal de la Mer during the ShowBoats Rendezvous, 23 June 2007 in Monte-Carlo harbour. AFP PHOTO ERIC ESTRADE

---> Pic

Yesterday and on Saturday evening he participated at the traditional St Jean festivities. For the bonfire yesterday he was accompanied by Elizabeth Anne and Melanie. No sighting of Charlene at those occasions.

Edited to add that in the Monaco Matin pics she is not seen and not mentioned, though on Newscom there are plenty of pics of them together.Apparently she did not attend mass (her dress would have been highly inappropriate for that, though considering the celebration I still find bare shoulders for a religious celebration not quite the thing to wear, she was joining him in the procession and I am sure that some feelings would have been hurt if her outfit would have been seen on pics. There are still people here who take the processions rather seriously.), but only joined him for the party afterwards....

Last edited:
Pics 26.6.2007

US actor Michael Douglas and Prince Albert of Monaco watch the third day of racing in the 32nd America's Cup in Valencia, 26 June 2007. Emirates Team New Zealand recovered from a dreadful crewing error to snatch victory from Swiss defender Alinghi in a thrilling third race of the America's Cup and take a 2-1 lead in the best-of-nine series. AFP PHOTO/JOSE JORDAN

Pic 1
Pic 2
Pic 3

And here are some pics from last weekend:
Albert II of Monaco inaugurates with Mayor of Cap d'Ail Mr. Beck, an avenue Prince Rainier III between the Principality of Monaco and France, June 24, 2007.

Pic 1
Picture gallery

Last edited:
Thanks for the pics. I have to say he has put on quite a bit of weight lately. If he continues at this rate, he'll soon be fitting into Rainiers suits...and his medical record...

Thanks for the pics. I have to say he has put on quite a bit of weight lately. If he continues at this rate, he'll soon be fitting into Rainiers suits...and his medical record...

Only difference is that Albert isn't a heavy smoker like Rainier. Of course the second hand smoke from his Charlene, Steph, Caro, Ernst & the Trio could be enough to kill him.;)

Only difference is that Albert isn't a heavy smoker like Rainier. Of course the second hand smoke from his Charlene, Steph, Caro, Ernst & the Trio could be enough to kill him.;)
Actually they say that passive smoking is more dangerous then doing it yourself (same as for sitting next to the driver in a car - you are more likely to die then the one more or less responsible for the accident). But he is lucky in that way. It looks like Caro and her family are not hanging around so much anymore and maybe continue to be less in Monaco in the future... And if we get a replay of the Rainier/Antoinette story, she'll be more in Paris then she already is. I wouldn't be surprised at all if he marries Charlene that she would not involve herself in any Monaco charities and leave everything to them. She has enough connection and reputation on her own to get her own thing started. She does not need Monaco, but Monaco surely needs her. Especially if Charlene will be firstlady.

Actually they say that passive smoking is more dangerous then doing it yourself (same as for sitting next to the driver in a car - you are more likely to die then the one more or less responsible for the accident). But he is lucky in that way. It looks like Caro and her family are not hanging around so much anymore and maybe continue to be less in Monaco in the future... And if we get a replay of the Rainier/Antoinette story, she'll be more in Paris then she already is. I wouldn't be surprised at all if he marries Charlene that she would not involve herself in any Monaco charities and leave everything to them. She has enough connection and reputation on her own to get her own thing started. She does not need Monaco, but Monaco surely needs her. Especially if Charlene will be firstlady.

I hope that doesn't happen paca. She chairs the arts, (ballet, opera)in Monaco. Can you see Charlene doing that?:eek::ROFLMAO:

I hope that doesn't happen paca. She chairs the arts, (ballet, opera)in Monaco. Can you see Charlene doing that?:eek::ROFLMAO:

Yes and it sends chills down my spine for the poor individuals who have to try and educate her in the arts. That could take years and by then it will be too late. After what we saw last summer of her disinterest in Menton, and at the Opera House in Monaco I would say that it's pretty much hopeless as the interest isn't just isn't there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom