HSH Prince Albert Current Events 21 : Dec.2006 - April 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics 3.4.2007

Prince Albert at an event at the Yacht Club in Monaco during which he officialized the partnership between the Monaco Yacht Club and the Tara Artic expedition - evaluation programme on the Artic condition which is part to the Scientific European programme Damocles - Tuesday 03 April 2007.

Pic 1
Pic 2

Is that part of his South Pole expedition or more press for follow-up on the North Pole? I forget which one is covered by "Artic".

Suonymona, as far as I understood it, it is not part of his expedition, it has something to do with the 4th International Polar Year.
Here is a caption from deadline, that may give you more information:

"Prince Albert II of Monaco officialized the partnership between the Monaco Yacht Club and Tara Artic expedition (evaluating program on the Artic condition wich belongs to the Scientific European program : Damocles) at the Yacht Club of Monaco. This partnership annoucement was made at the French Senat in Paris March 1st, 2007 by the Prince Albert himself during the opening of the 4th International Polar Year."
Here's a link with more pics. :)

iceflower said:
Suonymona, as far as I understood it, it is not part of his expedition, it has something to do with the 4th International Polar Year.
Here is a caption from deadline, that may give you more information:

"Prince Albert II of Monaco officialized the partnership between the Monaco Yacht Club and Tara Artic expedition (evaluating program on the Artic condition wich belongs to the Scientific European program : Damocles) at the Yacht Club of Monaco. This partnership annoucement was made at the French Senat in Paris March 1st, 2007 by the Prince Albert himself during the opening of the 4th International Polar Year."
Here's a link with more pics. :)
As usual you find great photo's.

Pics 4.4.2007

LadyMacAlpine said:
As usual you find great photo's.
Thank you very much, LadyMac :flowers:
Prince Albert shows a cross-section tuiga of Hermes: The benefit of the sales will be transferred to the association “Orphans of the world”, 4.4.2007:

Pic 1
Pic 2

Thanks Iceflower Prince Albert looks great good to see he is trying to make a difference in the world .

Glistening Seas

:) wow what a crowded place and what a handsome group of guys with the always handsome PA, does anyone know whom are all those he was with and was it at a public place. how could they manage to have a quite lunch without being recognized. does anyone have any OpInIoNs :angel:

Last edited:
iceflower said:
Prince Albert II of Monaco speaks during the Mediterranean Science Congress in Istanbul, Turkey on Monday 09 April 2007. EPA/TOLGA BOZOGLU

Albert at lunch in Istanbul, Turkey on April 08, 2007
Oh, yes Glistening seas - What a handsome crowd of men at that table. It is hard to decide which one is the most yummy. :wub: And they are all having such a laugh.

Perhaps Albert should grow a mustache, a thick black mushy one. I'm sure it will go well with the ladies.

Why do you say they didn't get recognized? Would their picture have been taken if they hadn't been recognized? It is not a public place. It is the place of the Congress

Last edited:
Glistening Seas

:ROFLMAO: w-el-l have you se-en PA pics with a moustache. um yummy is a "good" word. i'm not too familiar with the protocol of royalty. :unsure: :angel:

Glistening Seas said:
:ROFLMAO: w-el-l have you se-en PA pics with a moustache. um yummy is a "good" word. i'm not too familiar with the protocol of royalty. :unsure: :angel:
Yes I saw him in the cowboy outfit with a fake blond moustache. He looked like Victoria Silvsted with bleached down under. I think he would look much more masculine with a thick black one. And perhaps an Arafat scarf to hide his runaway hair. Or even a turban. It would go well with his suits and I'm sure he would score many marks in the Arab world. After all they do have 300 days of sun in Monaco and a fire-red ball on top of a suit can hardly be attractive.

Last edited:
Donna said:
Oh, yes Glistening seas - What a handsome crowd of men at that table. It is hard to decide which one is the most yummy. :wub: And they are all having such a laugh.

Perhaps Albert should grow a mustache, a thick black mushy one. I'm sure it will go well with the ladies.

Why do you say they didn't get recognized? Would their picture have been taken if they hadn't been recognized? It is not a public place. It is the place of the Congress

Hi everyone! This is my first posting. I have been following this forum for last few months, and it took this post to pull me in. Donna, this is hilarious, I laugh so much it hurts. :lol:

Glistening Seas said:
Any pics to show? :wub:

royal pauper said:
Hi everyone! This is my first posting. I have been following this forum for last few months, and it took this post to pull me in. Donna, this is hilarious, I laugh so much it hurts. :lol:
Hi Pauper - welcome.

Ghislaine - you can find the picture in some old thread. It was for charity. Stephanie was a clown and Albert a cowboy. Unless someone has it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Donna said:
Yes I saw him in the cowboy outfit with a fake blond moustache. He looked like Victoria Silvsted with bleached down under. I think he would look much more masculine with a thick black one. And perhaps an Arafat scarf to hide his runaway hair. Or even a turban. It would go well with his suits and I'm sure he would score many marks in the Arab world. After all they do have 300 days of sun in Monaco and a fire-red ball on top of a suit can hardly be attractive.
Al Salam Walekam Donnaji,
Why don't we change the Arafat scarf to just dinner at an Italian restaurant
because in the Arab world I do not think they eat pasta with the regularity we do . Although I have often wondered as to why they have the same pattern on headress as in tablecloths of Italian restaurants.Just a coincidence or my imagination I guess.Interesting aesthetic if you look at it for Europe and a highly respected emblem by us and symbolic for our esteemed Arab friends and allies.
As for the turban one has to have taken the "amrit" of the Sikh faith to justifiably wear it and I do not see Prince Albert changing from Catholic to Sikh in the foreseeable future.
But this a great way to point out how egalitarian the Prince really is and I know that that is surely what you mean.
Sat Siri Akal

Last edited:
Pics 14.4.2007

Prince Albert II of Monaco attends the closing ceremony awards of the sixth Cinema and Literature International Forum at the Grimaldi Forum in Monaco, 14 April 2007. The Forum pays tribute to artists, writers, scriptwriters and film-makers. EPA

Pic 1
Pic 2
Pic 3
Pic 4

Pic 15th April 2007

Swiss tennis player Roger Federer, right, gives one of his rackets to SAS Prince Albert II of Monaco, while Monte Carlo tournament director Zeljko Franulovic, center, looks on, during the Monte Carlo Tennis Open tournament in Monaco, Sunday, April 15, 2007. (AP Photo/Lionel Cironneau) from POLFOTO

Pic1

Here are some more pics from today :) :

Prince Albert II of Monaco and Switzerland's Roger Federer during the Monte Carlo Tennis Open tournament in Monaco on April 15, 2007. Photos by Marco Piovanotto/ABACAUSA:

Pic 1
Picture Gallery

Last edited:
Is that Melanie De Massy behind Federer? I see and recognize Mr. Proust and I thought I saw Elizabeth De Massy as well on an other pic?

Ghislaine said:
Is that Melanie De Massy behind Federer? I see and recognize Mr. Proust and I thought I saw Elizabeth De Massy as well on an other pic?

Yes, that is Melanie. It's always nice to see Antoinette's side of the family at events as well. Although, I'm pretty sure her last name isn't De Massy. She carries her father's surname.

Ani

Prince Albert II visit Master Series Montecarlo (more pics)

on the 15th april 2007 Montecarlo Country Club
Master Series Montecarlo 2007 Tennis Tournament

The Prince Albert II of Monaco visit the Village of Master Series Montecarlo.

The Prince Albert with Ann Elisabeth De Massy, Melanie De Massy and the chairman of tournament Mr Zeljko Franulovic attends the inauguration of the Athletic Village. During the visit he meet last edition winner the swiss player Roger Federer, who gives to the Prince the racket whom he used to win his 10th Grand Slam.(grazianeri)

Welcome to the Grazia Neri archive.

Pic 16.4.2007

Prince Albert came to inaugurate the center Speranza-Albert II which is dedicated to the memory of Denis Ravera who has been an important man in the political life of the Principality, yesterday, 16.4.2007.

--> Pic

I found this brief introduction to an article...but I can't open the whole story.....

Prince Albert II of Monaco will pay a three-day visit to Japan from next Sunday, making him the first head of state to visit Japan after Japan and Monaco formally established diplomatic ties last December.

Do you know what is the center's purpose? I guess for providing help...as Speranza means hope....just my guess..

Last edited by a moderator:
tammy81 said:
Do you know what is the center's purpose? I guess for providing help...as Speranza means hope....just my guess..
It is a sort of Day care center for Alzheimer patients.

paca said:
It is a sort of Day care center for Alzheimer patients.

Here's article about it (in French). At the bottom of page, click on "video" to watch the opening of "Speranza-Albert II centre"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom