HSH Prince Albert Current Events 21 : Dec.2006 - April 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics 12.01.2007

Prince Albert II of Monaco poses prior to delivering a speech on the work of The Prince Albert II of Monaco Foundation for the Environment and Sustainable Development, 12 January 2007 in Paris. AFP PHOTO JACQUES DEMARTHON

Albert 1
Albert 2

And thank you as well, Avalon :flowers: :flowers:
I found one more very nice gallery of pics from deadline, I like those close ups with Albert's typical gestures and faces..You can nearly hear him talking when you look at them..:)

Albert at his press conference

Glistening Seas

:) hello everyone, those pics are magnificent PA looks great for us here in Europe whom don't get to see PA's USA exhibit of his mother's jewels is he there for that event. Does PA have anything on his global warming agenda for this year any m-o-r-e trips to the north pole perhaps :ROFLMAO:

Thanks Albert looks good

Pics 15.01.2007

Prince Albert II of Monaco was knighted with the medal of the Academy of Overseas Sciences by France Overseas Minister Francois Baroin at his ministry in Paris, France, on January 15, 2007

Albert 1
Albert 2
Albert showing his medal

iceflower said:
Prince Albert II of Monaco was knighted with the medal of the Academy of Overseas Sciences by France Overseas Minister Francois Baroin at his ministry in Paris, France, on January 15, 2007

Albert 1
Albert 2
Albert showing his medal

What is the Acad.of Oversees Sciences and why was he being given it?

Prince Albert was in Scotland ealier this week. On another forum I read it was exactly on 01/17. He visited Botanic Garden in Edinburgh. I read somewhere that the last time Gardens were visited by Monaco RF in1975, and it was princess Grace. I wonder is any pic from this visit.

Article
http://www.allheadlinenews.com/articles/7006189514

Later this year Albert will be a host at The Monaco Charity Film Festival

http://www.freepressreleases.co.uk/Press_Releases/Art_and_Entertainment/Prince_Albert_II_of_Monaco_Hosts_Charity_Film_Festival_200701192842/

Glistening Seas

:) :) hey everyone does anyone here have pictures the botanical gardens. Those gardens are always a fun and refreashing change of pace in his hectic schedule, I'm sure. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Pics 20.01.2007

Monaco's Prince Albert II is helped by three children and a environmental militant to plant a shrub, 20 January 2007, in La Turbie, France, next to Monaco as they inaugurate the first European "pit of carbon" as part of the Kyoto protocole.

Albert 1
Albert 2

Glistening Seas

:) hey everyone, does anyone know what is meant by "pit of carbon", for those of us whom aren't familiar with the term can you explain:sleep: :huh: :ohmy:

The Kyoto Protocol is a proposed plan to reduce carbon dioxide emmisions that contribute to the green house effect. The current way of producing charcoal emits methane to the atmosphere. The new Carbon pits would make charcoal without emitting the methane. This would be the place where they collect the raw materials used to make charcoal and convert to fuel. I believe that is what they are referring to but I may be wrong. Paca may have more info since maybe they had an article in the paper explaining more.

brother said:
with fun stuff

I guess that's a matter on how you view things. I am sure the press is not interested in the mundane things of Albert's day to day governing. Most likely we only see only the "fun" things.

Prince Albert II of Monaco Hosts Charity Film Festival

NewswireToday - /newswire/ - Rome, Lazio, Italy, 01/22/2007 - Monaco 14-19 May 2007 H.S.H Prince Albert II of Monaco will play host to the country’s foremost cinema event when The Monaco Charity Film Festival celebrates its 2nd anniversary.

Plans are afoot to ensure that this year audiences and guests will be treated to the best that independent cinema has to offer from international film makers together with the opportunity to participate in all number of special events.
Link

Thanks he looks great

Zonk said:
I guess that's a matter on how you view things. I am sure the press is not interested in the mundane things of Albert's day to day governing. Most likely we only see only the "fun" things.
I have to agree with you just look at the difference in our posts when its scandalous or the day to day things. Which topics get the most responses?

And what he didn't blow any candle for his big sister?

What ever happened to the family that stays together blows the b-day candle together, or vice versa?

I'm having a great ADD day:ROFLMAO:

LadyMacAlpine said:
I have to agree with you just look at the difference in our posts when its scandalous or the day to day things. Which topics get the most responses?

That's because the rogues are always much more interesting. Love your quote.

Agree with LadyMacAlpine, the media(tabloids) are interested with scandals only. A lot has happened in Albert private life since Rainer's death, so Albert unfortunately became tabloids favourite. Everyday administrative duties, meetings are very boring. We don't hear about Albert recently so, it may mean he is busy with "boring" things.

There has been convention signed between Albert's environmental fundation, MC government and French National Office of Forests(not sure if translated institution names correctly-these translators...). Their project is re-forestation of hundreds of hectars.

Article and picture of Albert posing with children and some officials.
http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.libello.com%2Fpages%2Factu%2Factu_article.jsp%3FidArt%3D5114%26idCat%3D0%26home%3Dyes&langpair=fr%7Cen&hl=en&ie=UTF8
Wonder if this pictures was taken on 01/20 during this trip when he planted a tree, seems he has the same outfit.

Albert is apparently in Davos this week Newsweek has an article on the topics which include: the growing power of Russia and Vietnam, implications of accelerating climate change and the widening threat of terorism. It also includes "Sensuality and Self-Esteem" as a topic and lastly "Emerging economies: how small or niche ecomomies are emerging to play with the big boys on the global stage". For more on the article see this week's Newsweek, Jan 29th Page 8E.

It also said the sessions start before breakfast and run until after midnight.

Principality of Monaco - Port Hercule
26 th january 2007 - 5th Historical Rally of Montecarlo

The Prince Albert II of Monaco, after have visited the cars park taked by Michele Ferry director of the race, attends like starter man the departure of the car race.

Welcome to the Grazia Neri archive.

Prince Albert II of Monace performs a digital fingerprint on a manual of watchmaker Piaget, at the benefit reception "Only Watch 07", in Lausanne, Switzerland, Wednesday, January 31, 2007. During the event 31 special and unique watches will be auctioned in support of the Monegasque association against myopathy.

Pictures:
Prince Albert
Prince Albet 2
Prince Alber 3

French President Jacques Chirac (R) greets Prince Albert of Monaco (L) at the opening ceremony of the Earth's Citizens conference at Elysee Palace, in Paris, France, Friday 02 February 2007. This Paris Conference for an Ecological World Government is been sponsored by French President Jacques Chirac, and hopes to agree on ways and means to preserve life in the planet

ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank

Great pictures everyone, thanks for sharing:flowers:

Thanks for the pics fanletizia. The first one is a very nice shot of Albert. He looks good as if he lost a few pounds.

Here are some pics from the conference today:

Prince Albert of Monaco attends the opening ceremony of the conference on global ecological governance at the Elysee Palace in Paris February 2, 2007. The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) presented its report assessing the human link to pollution, global warming and climate change in Paris.
Albert 1
Albert 2
Albert 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom