The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-02-2006, 07:30 PM
Serene Highness

maybe a party for Caroline of something else we will have to wait and see

Old 12-02-2006, 07:55 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by paca
Being devils advocate, maybe an engagement party? She said for him and his sisters and their children would be there. If it was for Caro, wouldn't she be the main persona? Ah, speculating, speculating...
paca you're soooo bad! Here's my guess - it's Caroline's 50th birthday party. Since Charlene has never commented on her love of music nor seemed interested (I realize photos capture but a moment) when she attended 2 concerts last summer that flying in a good musician wouldn't make sense. Besides she likes a different type of party. Caroline on the other hand loves music and is Monaco's main patron and promoter of the Arts, so flying in a special muscian would make sense. But we'll see!

Old 12-02-2006, 08:04 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by hibou
paca you're soooo bad! Here's my guess - it's Caroline's 50th birthday party. Since Charlene has never commented on her love of music nor seemed interested (I realize photos capture but a moment) when she attended 2 concerts last summer that flying in a good musician wouldn't make sense. Besides she likes a different type of party. Caroline on the other hand loves music and is Monaco's main patron and promoter of the Arts, so flying in a special muscian would make sense. But we'll see!
the companion's birthday is january 25, however you made a good point about her knowledge and interest in that kind of music. So I doubt he wants to educate Charl on her birthday unless he really wants to make her feel miserable on that occasion
Old 12-03-2006, 05:41 AM
Courtier

It could be (even though I hope not...) but I guess an engagement party would be very public, and not a sort of family dinner. Grace and Rainier had their engagement party at the Waldorf Astoria, and even Caro and Philippe had theirs at Maxim's in Paris.
Old 12-03-2006, 08:18 AM
Nobility

Ok, colour me puzzled, but how did we get from a dinner last week to a dinner in January?
Old 12-03-2006, 08:22 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace
It could be (even though I hope not...) but I guess an engagement party would be very public, and not a sort of family dinner. Grace and Rainier had their engagement party at the Waldorf Astoria, and even Caro and Philippe had theirs at Maxim's in Paris.
so did Steph, but the wedding was canceled.
Old 12-03-2006, 01:00 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghislaine
Ok, colour me puzzled, but how did we get from a dinner last week to a dinner in January?
See Grace's post #119 she said the dinner will be in January
Old 12-03-2006, 02:34 PM
Nobility

Yes, but how does Grace know?
Old 12-03-2006, 05:37 PM
Courtier

I just read about it in an article that was probably erased or moved, as I can't find it anymore in the thread. Of course the article of a mag is not always reliable, but it talked about a violin player who has supposedly been invited to play at a dinner that Caro and family and Steph are allegedly attending. No hidden sources, I'm sorry.
Old 12-04-2006, 03:42 AM
Serene Highness

This week Albert will travel again. On Monday he'll go to Indonesia. During his 9-day trip PA will visit Conservation Project on Sumatra. He will also visit Nias, that was devastated by tsunami in December 2004. Association of Monaco Asie, non-governmental organization funds reconstruction of damaged houses in Nias. If I'm not wrong this organization was created by Albert.
Article about Albert's visit in Indonesia
http://www.thejakartapost.com/detail...204.G06&irec=5

"The course of true love never did run smooth " William Shakespeare, 'A Midsummer Night's Dream'

http://www.aishwarya-rai.com/
Old 12-04-2006, 07:07 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakshmi
This week Albert will travel again. On Monday he'll go to Indonesia. During his 9-day trip PA will visit Conservation Project on Sumatra. He will also visit Nias, that was devastated by tsunami in December 2004. Association of Monaco Asie, non-governmental organization funds reconstruction of damaged houses in Nias. If I'm not wrong this organization was created by Albert.
It seems he is travelling on to Bali for a Private Holiday?
Old 12-04-2006, 08:01 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakshmi
The news & a picture of Albert visiting the Island of Nias (on Sunday, December 3rd) appeared on my national newspaper this morning.
Albert was there to inaugurate hundreds of new houses to the 2004 Tsunami Victims. This project is funded by the Monaco Asia Society.

A little annecdote, Orin Daeli, an elementary school teacher said in her native language which roughly translated into "Nobody gives any help if not for the Prince of Monaco".

On Sunday morning (3/12), Albert arrived via a chartered boat at the beach on Sirombu Village. He arrived very modestly without much security and without any protocol.

Prince Albert through the Monaco Asia Society built houses for 239 family of the little village of Sirombu.

Princ Albert was also there to inaugurate "Complex Monaco", in which the houses are located. He arrived not through official visit. The prince landed in Sumatera through Padang on Saturday, then he chose to arrived at Sirombu through sea (although this option was not recommended).

4 land-cruisers was prepared to take the Prince and his crew of 10 people. Albert himself really enjoy this trip and even yell, "Yaahowu", a local greeting of Nias people.

The Prince also inaugurated the Monaco Orpahange which run by the Sisters of Sacred Heart at Gunungsitoli, around 4 hours from Sirombu. Half of the road there are still heavily damaged. Before inaugurating the orphanage. He attended a church service at St. Maria Gunung Sitoli Church.

Prince Albert said that what he did in Indonesia, is the same as what he did in Thailand. Humanitarian projects are the concern of Monaco. "I'm really glad & happy everybody greeted me with Smile", he said.

This article was roughly translated by me from Kompas Newspaper.
I'll try to scan the picture and post it soon.
Old 12-04-2006, 09:22 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsla
It seems he is travelling on to Bali for a Private Holiday?
yep, starting tomorrow evening he's going to be in bali for a private vacation. After doing three days of charity he needs to take a brake... it must have been exhosting. His companion must be there waiting for him. She is also very focused on her training...two vacations in a month...
Old 12-04-2006, 09:35 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by brother
yep, starting tomorrow evening he's going to be in bali for a private vacation. After doing three days of charity he needs to take a brake... it must have been exhosting. His companion must be there waiting for him. She is also very focused on her training...two vacations in a month...
Quite frustrating! He does good humanitarian work then ruins the image with a vacation in Bali. I know many high-powered exec. take mini breaks like long weekends but they usually take their work with them. The change of venue often helps to clear the mind to focus on persistant problems. But this is not a working vacation if it is termed private. It's beginning to sound like both he and Charlene if she is there hare having trouble focusing on their goals. Maybe their goals are to get from one vacation to another with photo ops in between?
Old 12-04-2006, 09:53 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
I know many high-powered exec. take mini breaks like long weekends but they usually take their work with them.
Hibou, you are getting it all wrong, he is taking his work with him!! Monaco is just his hobby for when he doesn't have any parties scheduled, girlfriends lined up...
Old 12-04-2006, 04:01 PM
Nobility

I read on line in the Glasgow papers that he is to be in Glasgow on Sat. Dec 9 to give awards at the Princess Grace theater.
Old 12-04-2006, 09:01 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by brother
I hope his companion...whomever she is...feels very, very special. She's living a dream.
Old 12-04-2006, 10:47 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Quite frustrating! He does good humanitarian work then ruins the image with a vacation in Bali. I know many high-powered exec. take mini breaks like long weekends but they usually take their work with them. The change of venue often helps to clear the mind to focus on persistant problems. But this is not a working vacation if it is termed private. It's beginning to sound like both he and Charlene if she is there hare having trouble focusing on their goals. Maybe their goals are to get from one vacation to another with photo ops in between?
Maybe that's also the reason they're seem to get along well with each other?

Albie likes to party and skip work and CW is not too complicated, a hanger-on-party-girl up for the really good time (imo). Just what Albert likes.

Lots of parties, jet setting around with a girl about half his age (especially since CW is probably in awe of everywhere he takes her and everything she sees, he'll probably be keeping her in tow for a while), few real obligations and Albert can pay for the best of every single solitary thing! All she ever has to do is be at his beck and call, and stay out of his way when he tells her to. If CW is still holding on (she is focused), she can travel the world first class for free on the princely private jet and eat at all the fancy places on his money. It's a far far far sight better than she could ever do on her own, right?

If CW runs out of cash, all she needs to do is show up in public (knowing somebody is going to take a picture and publish it). Then Albert can sue them saying it was a violation of his privacy and give the cash to his most favorite charity just like he did before --- Charlene!

A lot of women would be in her shoes!
Old 12-05-2006, 09:23 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by paca
Hibou, you are getting it all wrong, he is taking his work with him!! Monaco is just his hobby for when he doesn't have any parties scheduled, girlfriends lined up...
My mistake paca you are quite correct! He has so many hobbies it's hard to keep up on them all.
Old 12-05-2006, 09:38 AM
Administrator

Okay...I think we have had enough sly references to Albert's companion...let's move on.