The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-03-2006, 10:53 AM
Administrator

Please note that all posts pertaining to the 2006 Princess Grace Awards have been moved. The thread is http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...6-a-11279.html

Old 11-03-2006, 11:15 AM
Aristocracy

Prince Albert fires top aides

November 03 2006

Monaco - Monaco's Prince Albert II on Friday fired two top aides after a year-long power struggle among members of his entourage.

http://www.iol.co.za/index.php?set_i...51962 355B255

Old 11-06-2006, 01:12 PM
Aristocracy

Here is a nice article of 2006 World Athletics Gala being hosted in Monaco

2006 World Athletics Gala, the highlight of a busy weekend in Monaco
The eyes of the athletics world will be on the Principality of Monaco next weekend, Sunday November 12th. Honorary President HSH Prince Albert II of Monaco and IAF & IAAF President Lamine Diack will be hosted at the Salle des Etoiles Sporting Club. The highlight of the evening will of course be the announcement of the Male and Female World Athletes of the Year, with the winners being announced live on stage.

http://www.iaaf.org/news/Kind=512/newsId=36709.html
Old 11-07-2006, 06:13 AM
Serene Highness

Prince Albert seems interested in psychology, psychiatry. He is a member of the board of Directors of Anthropaideia, non-profit organization promoting Science of Well-Being. For example they encourage close contact with nature as the way to find self-awarness. It remindes Albert's trip to the forest last October... The board of directors consits of people with MD or PhD titles. Albert seems the only politician in their group. I did not know he was interested in psychology so much.

here is the link to article
http://sev.prnewswire.com/health-car...6112006-1.html

"The course of true love never did run smooth " William Shakespeare, 'A Midsummer Night's Dream'

http://www.aishwarya-rai.com/
Old 11-07-2006, 07:59 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakshmi
Prince Albert seems interested in psychology, psychiatry. He is a member of the board of Directors of Anthropaideia, non-profit organization promoting Science of Well-Being. For example they encourage close contact with nature as the way to find self-awarness. It remindes Albert's trip to the forest last October... The board of directors consits of people with MD or PhD titles. Albert seems the only politician in their group. I did not know he was interested in psychology so much.

Old 11-07-2006, 09:57 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakshmi

Old 11-08-2006, 02:26 PM
Serene Highness

There are no news about Albert recently. I just found the article about what he was doing just before PGA event. The article is from 11/03 and says about Tuesday so it had to be 10/31. Albert went to Paris to celebrate 100 years of Prince Albert I Fundation, just after that event he flied to NY on PGA gala.

http://translate.google.com/translat...&hl=en&ie=UTF8

"The course of true love never did run smooth " William Shakespeare, 'A Midsummer Night's Dream'

http://www.aishwarya-rai.com/
Old 11-08-2006, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaMarine
I would say that next to Albert Al Gor looks much more stately and majestic

...Al Gor has a regal bearing, especially here. Just compare http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/7228...23334DEC42A42E
Al Gore regal bearing? You have to be kidding! The guy has no neck! Granted, Prince Albert's insecurity often shows through but Al Gore is the anti royal...unless you are thinking of Jabba the Hut and his clan...
Old 11-09-2006, 12:52 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsm
Al Gore regal bearing? You have to be kidding! The guy has no neck! Granted, Prince Albert's insecurity often shows through but Al Gore is the anti royal...unless you are thinking of Jabba the Hut and his clan...
GSM, I am afraid you did not understand what I meant saying about regal bearing. I was referring exactly to the concrete pic (unf. it does not open now), i.e. how Al Gor looked there next to Albert - I wrote about his eyes expression and posture and it does not have any connection to his political views or neck (waist) girth
Old 11-09-2006, 05:53 AM
Aristocracy

Prince Albert on Point de vue

Old 11-09-2006, 08:12 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by covdm
Prince Albert on Point de vue

What is your take on the article? Are they just speculating? Any new pics of them together?
Old 11-09-2006, 07:14 PM
Aristocracy

The questions concerning the article was not directed for my point of view, but here is my opinion on the matter…

IMO, the National Day celebration is coming soon, what better reason to start the gossip/hoopla about Charlene and Prince Albert all over again. The media knows as much as we do which is little or nothing.

If Charlene is invited, it only means Prince Albert invited her to share in the festivities. Until he makes an announcement regarding the seriousness of their relationship, it is business as usual.

I put little faith in these rags because they are known to plant seeds in people’s minds. We have been down this road before only to end up in a ditch.

I have learned from past experiences, pictures are posted at certain intervals for reasons only the media or photo sites care to envision. This is their way of preparing viewers for articles they post only to get their attention. Most of the time, the articles are not accurate.

Currently, there have not been any pictures surfacing the internet or media. You can make certain, next week there will be plenty of photos circulating with all sorts of inaccurate captions. Until Prince Albert changes his decision of not marrying now or the near future, they are only friends.

I think before we start speculating again, let’s be patient and see what happens.
Old 11-09-2006, 07:55 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynda
The questions concerning the article was not directed for my point of view, but here is my opinion on the matter…

IMO, the National Day celebration is coming soon, what better reason to start the gossip/hoopla about Charlene and Prince Albert all over again. The media knows as much as we do which is little or nothing.

If Charlene is invited, it only means Prince Albert invited her to share in the festivities. Until he makes an announcement regarding the seriousness of their relationship, it is business as usual.
Thanks Lynda. I kind of thought it was just a way to sell magazines. The Grimaldis are known to use the press when it suits them, and this will give them press for National Day.
Old 11-10-2006, 04:56 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by hibou
Thanks Lynda. I kind of thought it was just a way to sell magazines. The Grimaldis are known to use the press when it suits them, and this will give them press for National Day.
but that would mean that they would have actually asked for that article, wouldn't it? And I don't think that Albert wants people to talk too much about either topic.
Old 11-10-2006, 08:13 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by paca
but that would mean that they would have actually asked for that article, wouldn't it? And I don't think that Albert wants people to talk too much about either topic.
Maybe his PR people are still on the wrong path?
Old 11-10-2006, 09:18 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by hibou
Maybe his PR people are still on the wrong path?
well, in that case I'd say he probably fired the wrong person.
Old 11-10-2006, 11:16 AM
Courtier

Quote:
I don't think they directly asked for the article b/c the Palace doesn't comment on Albert's relationships. Allegedly. They may have fed some info to the press in a roundabout "sources close to the Palace" way. (I still see someone with a laptop sitting near the Palace reading this website.) Any press is good press and it may add to the "Albert's cleaning house and getting serious" tone they are trying to set.
Old 11-10-2006, 01:00 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinklady1991
I don't think they directly asked for the article b/c the Palace doesn't comment on Albert's relationships. Allegedly. They may have fed some info to the press in a roundabout "sources close to the Palace" way. (I still see someone with a laptop sitting near the Palace reading this website.) Any press is good press and it may add to the "Albert's cleaning house and getting serious" tone they are trying to set.
Well, it doesn't seem to be working though, since people are joking about the need of installing a revolving door at the principal door to be used by staff and girlfriends only. I'd love to hear the gist of the part about the leaving staff in that article and wether it is any different to what has officially made known. If he was cleaning house, then M Bianceri as well as M Valery would have to seize playing a role in the political life of the principality, but the opposite is the case. They get the well known Monaco treatment. The only difference to be for is that now it's Albert's friends that receive it, before it was Rainier's. Apart from that inside, nothing has changed much.
Old 11-10-2006, 01:06 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Well, it doesn't seem to be working though, since people are joking about the need of installing a revolving door at the principal door to be used by staff and girlfriends only. I'd love to hear the gist of the part about the leaving staff in that article and wether it is any different to what has officially made known. If he was cleaning house, then M Bianceri as well as M Valery would have to seize playing a role in the political life of the principality, but the opposite is the case. They get the well known Monaco treatment. The only difference to be for is that now it's Albert's friends that receive it, before it was Rainier's. Apart from that inside, nothing has changed much.
I can't get a copy of the article until Monday or Tuesday when it finally arrives at the newsstand in my corner of the world... I'll let you know when I find out anything.
Old 11-10-2006, 03:40 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinklady1991
I can't get a copy of the article until Monday or Tuesday when it finally arrives at the newsstand in my corner of the world... I'll let you know when I find out anything.
Let us know what you think -you must have better luck in the Boston area. I can never find it where I am. I have to depend on everyone else's views of this mag. Will be interesting!