HSH Prince Albert Current Events 2 : May 2004 - Nov.2004

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

galisteo

Albert was on Access Hollywood tonight. I'll have to paraphrase. Nancy O'Dell asked him why Hollywood likes Monaco. He said something like, 'the weather in Monaco is similar to California.' And she said in a voice over that his favorite television shows are: "24," "Boomtown," and "Law & Order SVU." The piece said he invited the stars of these shows to this year's television festival.

I wonder if those are his faves, I remember last year on camera he said he liked "Friends" and "Sex in the City." Maybe he likes to be fair and list different shows different years.

By the way, the actors were saying how 'cool' Albert was. We already knew that. :D

Prince Albert, Picture and News thread III

Post news here for Prince Albert

PRINCE ALBERT OF MONACO, PRESIDENT OF THE MEDITERRANEAN
SCIENTIFIC COMMISSION, IS IN THE FORUM OF BARCELONA AT
THE "LISTEN TO THE SEA" CONFERENCE. IS June 8, 2004

PRINCE ALBERT OF MONACO AND EX-PRESDIENT OF THE
INTERNATIONAL OLYMPIC COMITEE, JUAN ANTONIO SAMARANCH,
MET IN THE CHAMBER OF COMERCE IN BARCELONA. IS

He looks great, what are the odds he'll marry an actress? :p ;)

Sure, he talking about Monaco and that a great and important part of the country is its industry. Then he speaks about the fact that his family is constantly under the spotlight and that thy are in a way used to it but sometimes it can be too anoying.He also talks about his great passion:sport - about the AS Monaco FC soccer team and their great expectations for this season ( with the whole family to support them) and about his way to Athens next week where he'll visit the Olympic Games and trys to watch every sport that is practiced.

That's about it...Hope it helps...

Thanks! I thought for a while that the interviewer asked him about when he's getting married! I tried to listen and I thought he said something about Italy, Great Britain and the U.S.

Yeah...that's true...I forgot : He was asked where he feels more at home. And so he said something about his ancestors and that for him and his sisters English is their real mother toungh...

Monaco's Prince Albert is seen during the medal ceremony, 14 August 2004 at the 2004 Olympic Games at the Olympic Aquatic Center in Athens

http://cache.gettyimages.com/comp/51174932.jpg?x=x&dasite=MS_GINS&ef=2&ev=1&dareq=CACF07A1008DBC17772D82079E4B712FA9C30E9B9B114CE8

Prince Albert of Monaco waves to the crowd after throwing out the first pitch of the game between the United States and Australia during the preliminary softball game on August 15, 2004 during the Athens 2004 Summer Olympic Games at the Softball Stadium in the Helliniko Olympic Complex in Athens, Greece.

http://cache.gettyimages.com/comp/51173740.jpg?x=x&dasite=MS_GINS&ef=2&ev=1&dareq=E2399169AC85D6DE9A21091711E5AD1E98A6052F9B3F51F07757C85AE85A779B

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 352
Last edited:
Lyonnaise said:
Monaco's Prince Albert is seen during the medal ceremony, 14 August 2004 at the 2004 Olympic Games at the Olympic Aquatic Center in Athens

http://cache.gettyimages.com/comp/51174932.jpg?x=x&dasite=MS_GINS&ef=2&ev=1&dareq=CACF07A1008DBC17772D82079E4B712FA9C30E9B9B114CE8

Thanks for the pictures Lyonnaise. I was watching Olympic coverage earlier this afternoon and caught Albert handing out the medals to the women's synchro teams, including gold for the Chinese duo and (yeah! :) ) bronze for the Canadian duo. Is Albert a member of the IOC or something? Is there a reason why he presented the medals? Can we expect to see more royals doling out the medals?

I think he is a member of the IOC. I know that he was in British Columbia to scope it out before the voting for the 2010 games. I just posted pictures of Princess Anne and Princess Alia handing out medals. Hopefully we'll see more royals at the medal ceremonies.

Not only did the Cdn diving duo win a medal, they got a kiss from Albie. LUCKY!!

Alexandria said:
Thanks for the pictures Lyonnaise. I was watching Olympic coverage earlier this afternoon and caught Albert handing out the medals to the women's synchro teams, including gold for the Chinese duo and (yeah! :) ) bronze for the Canadian duo. Is Albert a member of the IOC or something? Is there a reason why he presented the medals? Can we expect to see more royals doling out the medals?

Lyonnaise said:
I think he is a member of the IOC. I know that he was in British Columbia to scope it out before the voting for the 2010 games. I just posted pictures of Princess Anne and Princess Alia handing out medals. Hopefully we'll see more royals at the medal ceremonies.

Not only did the Cdn diving duo win a medal, they got a kiss from Albie. LUCKY!!

Thanks for the info Lyonnaise! I will check out the other pictures you posted right now.

Those lucky Canadian gals! Bronze medals and a kiss from Albert -- who was looking pretty handsome! Some girls have all the luck ... and talent! :p

Marvelous pics and information, Lyonnaise! Albert really is a sports-loving prince. Perhaps the most sports-loving of them all! And, he does look pretty handsome in those photos...;)

Prince Albert of Monaco (L) watches a preliminary race at the Slalom Canoe/Kayak venue in the Hellinikon Olympic complex in Athens 17 August 2004, during the summer Olympic Games

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 288
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 297
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 229
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 275
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 226
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 319
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 257
just a quick question---whos the women of the minute in prince albert's life? is she a model? does anyone have any pics of her and him together?

Last I heard was the pole-vaulter that he was dating. But I don't think that is the case anymore. She had been at previous Red Cross Balls but she wasn't at this one. So now I am a bit behind on his dating...

Alicia Warlick...that was her name. She went to 2001/2/3 Red Cross Balls with Prince Albert. She was training for the 2004 Olympics but it doesn't look like she made it on the team. I don't know if they are still seeing each other or not.

Alicia Warlick attended the October 2001/2/3 Princess Grace Awards Foundation gala in New York City, not the Red Cross Balls which are held in August in Monte Carlo.

I have heard it said that he will find a woman in a country which ties her to more than one country with French and English-speaking people, this would naturally increase trade and tourism to Monaco; and she will be bright, intelligent, have weathered great ordeals in life which will make her perfect to handle anything which is thrown at her, she will be talented in her own rights, able to have a business/financial conversation with him and others in his circle, but be able to step back out of the limelight and make him shine even more with her modesty.

He will marry someone with a deep spiritual background, remember, he adored his mother who believed in angels, spirits, astrology, fortune-tellers, and Fate more than anyone else around him. He will look for someone who indulges this part of him as few people are centred and deep enough to be open to this and be well-educated.

She will look more like his sisters than his mother, he has had little luck with blondes and is very, VERY comfortable with his sisters.

This is hard to find and he is still looking for these qualities.

But he is STILL looking and he will find her next year! Just wait and see!

:eek:)

Is he marrying Alicia Warlick now that the Olympics are over?

Ara

he looks kind og goofy happy

Attachments

• DWF15-728990.jpg
    DWF15-728990.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 307
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom