The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-28-2006, 12:28 PM
Aristocracy

Great humanitarian efforts to all parties involved. A charity ball is underway to raise funds for Dufur Western Region of Sudan. Very interesting article.

http://news.search.yahoo.com/search/news?p=prince+albert+of+monaco&fr=yfp-t-500&toggle=1&cop=&ei=UTF-8

I hope this URL works...

Old 09-28-2006, 11:54 PM
Courtier

Prince Albert II graces the IMD-Lombard Odier Darier Hentsch Award-Sept. 21

Seems like this tidbit hasn't been posted....

Prince Albert II honored this year's IMD-Lombard Odier Darier Henstch Distinguished Family Business Awardees at the palace of Monaco last September 21.

Now on its 10th year, the award is annually given to a family business that is an outstanding multigenerational company, operating internationally, and excels in achieving family and business goals. This year, three (3) families were honored with this award: Spain's Carulla Family (Fundacio Lluis Carulla), Canada's Ivey Family (Ivey Foundation), and the Philippines' Lopez Family (Lopez Group Foundation, Inc.).

Prince Albert II and representatives of the Lombard Odier Darier Henstch, Geneva's oldest house of private bankers, and the IMD, led the event.

(Sorry, there is no link; got this info from a newsletter where I work. I will try to scan the pic and post later on.)

Kindness is the magic elixir of love - The Practice of Kindness
Old 10-01-2006, 12:05 AM
Commoner

It must be a man thing. My boyfriend doesn't like that word either, we've been together 10 years LOL!

Glad to see Prince Albert is doing well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joumana
An article about Prince Albert. He said that he will not married with his girlfriend Charleen. He said also that he doesn t like the word "Marriage" at all.
Old 10-03-2006, 04:56 AM
Aristocracy

I was just wondering, so is Albert still with Charlene now?
Old 10-03-2006, 05:36 AM
Serene Highness

Albert was in Scottland a few days ago, probably without Charlene .
Article below:
http://icdumfries.icnetwork.co.uk/ot...name_page.html

"The course of true love never did run smooth " William Shakespeare, 'A Midsummer Night's Dream'

http://www.aishwarya-rai.com/
Old 10-03-2006, 12:20 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by suPeRgiRL!
I was just wondering, so is Albert still with Charlene now?
It appears she is in SA now supposedly training with a new trainer. We don't know if they are still and item or not espcially after he has been spotted with numerous other ladies - just have to wait and see.
Old 10-04-2006, 09:34 AM
Gentry

Is it just me, or does anyone else feel that Albert will never marry? I just don't believe the guy has it in him - he strikes me as a fellow most definitely not cut out for marriage. I mean, the man is 48 years old, for crying out loud! LOL.

Many people in this world are simply not the marrying kind, and there's nothing wrong with that at all (look at all the horrible marriages out there). The problem with Albert is his position and standing in Monaco, and the pressure and raised eyebrows at his single status.
Old 10-04-2006, 07:47 PM
Commoner

Some people marry just to be getting married. And lots of times this ends up in divorce. Who knows what reason Albert has for no marrying. Yes he is under more pressure to marry given who he is. But he has his nephews to succeed him should he never marry or produce children. Some people are not as lucky to find their one true love soon enough in life. I'm 44 and not married but this does not make me weird or strange it just means I have'nt found my soulmate yet. And Albert has said he wants to marry for love. Not just because he has to.
Old 10-05-2006, 12:49 AM
Commoner

Lots of people have gotten married later in life. Look at actor Warren Beatty for example, he dated women left and right and finally found "Ms. Right" when he was in his 50's and married her. I have a feeling Albert will find her one day and love will hit him like a ton of bricks.
Old 10-05-2006, 01:02 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish ladybug
Some people marry just to be getting married. And lots of times this ends up in divorce. Who knows what reason Albert has for no marrying. Yes he is under more pressure to marry given who he is. But he has his nephews to succeed him should he never marry or produce children. Some people are not as lucky to find their one true love soon enough in life. I'm 44 and not married but this does not make me weird or strange it just means I have'nt found my soulmate yet. And Albert has said he wants to marry for love. Not just because he has to.
It's been said he was once very much in love only things didn't work out between them as I understood what was said it was the pressure from the press etc she couldn't take. People also fail to see the more pressure you place on someone to marry the less likely some will. There is also nothing wrong with waiting for your soulmate and love.
Old 10-06-2006, 04:23 AM
Heir Apparent

Prince Albert II attends Princess Grace Theatre which host an International Magicians contest, The Monte Carlo Magic Stars. The contest deliver a winner price called : the gold magic wand.

from deadline

Gallery

http://www.deadline-press.com/fotowe...AlfaNumericAsc
Old 10-06-2006, 07:18 AM
Aristocracy

I think Steph would look more in place for such "colorful" surrounding :)
Old 10-06-2006, 07:34 AM
Serene Highness

I think usually Steph did the magician show, but this year there are more female then male participants so .....
Old 10-06-2006, 12:02 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by paca
I think usually Steph did the magician show, but this year there are more female then male participants so .....
Naughty paca...
Old 10-07-2006, 03:06 AM
Courtier

Paca, I had a similar thought.....once again surrounded by many women!! I still like him though.

Stellad
Old 10-09-2006, 03:42 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

"LA ROURE, SOUTH OF FRANCE, OCTOBER 8, 2006 - PRINCE ALBERT II OPENED THE NEW EXHIBITION NO MADE IN LA ROURE."

(Photos by Olivier Almondo/MAXPP/Belga)
Old 10-09-2006, 09:30 PM
Aristocracy

Thanks Iceflower for sharing the pictures. I checked out Belga and reviewed the rest of the pictures and read the caption. Very nice
exhibition.
Old 10-09-2006, 10:08 PM
Aristocracy

The Princess Grace Foundation, USA has announced the recipients of its 2006 awards and grants, including a variety of theatre artists. The black tie gala will be presented November 2, 2006 at Ciprianni 42nd Street. CNN’s Larry King will serve as master of ceremonies once again, and H.S.H Prince Albert II of Monaco, the Foundation’s vice chairman.

http://www.playbill.com/news/article/102603.html
Old 10-10-2006, 05:32 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynda
The Princess Grace Foundation, USA has announced the recipients of its 2006 awards and grants, including a variety of theatre artists. The black tie gala will be presented November 2, 2006 at Ciprianni 42nd Street. CNNís Larry King will serve as master of ceremonies once again, and H.S.H Prince Albert II of Monaco, the Foundationís vice chairman.

http://www.playbill.com/news/article/102603.html
This means Albert will be on the Larry King show the night before or the same night. Something to look forward to for us Albert admirers. Hopefully they will talk about something more substancial that Albert's screwed love life.
Old 10-10-2006, 07:34 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna
This means Albert will be on the Larry King show the night before or the same night. Something to look forward to for us Albert admirers. Hopefully they will talk about something more substancial that Albert's screwed love life.
Larry King will definitely discuss the the revelations surrounding Prince Albert admitting to fathering Jazmin Grace. It simply makes for good tv watching. Besides, Larry is in the business of minding other people's business, but never wants anyone to discuss him and the school girls he tends to marry.