The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-19-2006, 12:45 PM
Heir Apparent

MONACO'S GREEN PRINCE SUPPORTS DOLPHIN CAMPAIGN

In his wet suit and diving gear Prince Albert took his reputation as Europe's most eco-friendly sovereign a step further this week. Posing with a life-size statue of a dolphin, Monaco's green prince was once again promoting positive messages on the environment.

source - hello

Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 09-19-2006, 03:27 PM
Serene Highness

Red face Glistening Seas

hey everyone omg what fabulous pics these couple of days is PA related to the Duke of Edimburgh. however the pics inside all lit up are beautiful. PA is without a doubt a most versatile person when it comes to a full range of things he knows how to do. i don't know about any one else on this sight but dolphins are some of my fav creatures.

Old 09-20-2006, 05:05 AM
Majesty

Monaco's Prince Albert drives environment-friendly car

VIENNA (AFP) - Prince Albert of Monaco made clear his environmental concerns at a meeting of the UN nuclear watchdog and told reporters he drives a hybrid car at home.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20060919...e_060919190450
Old 09-20-2006, 06:09 AM
Aristocracy

I deam about envronment-friendly cars for my city too....soooo awful air we have here. It would be great to use such cars everywhere

By the way, while I was on holidays Albert was pictured together with dolphin. And I am curious about that dolphin, what is it - metal, stone or what? Is it white, greyish or silvery in reality?
Old 09-21-2006, 10:04 AM
Heir Apparent

MONACO, 21/09/2006 - 16EME MONACO YACHT SHOW,

from belga

Old 09-21-2006, 01:36 PM
Administrator

Please remember that this thread is for Prince Albert's current events...not Charlene and endless questions pertaining to her whereabouts. When she is available and out and about with Albert, I am sure other members will share the pictures.

Thank you.

Zonk
Monaco Moderator
Old 09-21-2006, 01:53 PM
Nobility

I see that Albert is at the Yacht show. Does he own a yacht? He said in an interview several years ago that he didn't at that time. He didn't want to take a slip in the harbor from someone else who needed it. I didn't know if that had changed or if Rainier left him a yacht in the will.
Old 09-21-2006, 02:07 PM
Commoner

Last summer we saw him on Caroline's ship, Pacha III. Didn't see him on it this year however. Hard to imagine that Prince Rainier did not have a ship.
Old 09-22-2006, 12:29 AM
Aristocracy

If I am not mistaken the yacht of Prince Rainier has been sold this year. It was Deo Juvante II where he and Princess Grace spent their honeymoon. I don't know why, but I doubt that Albert had an intention to save that yacht for his honeymoon. I expect he will take the new one if one day he will decide to marry. Though, IMHO, a sailing vessel decorated in crimson-white colors could look more romantic for such occasion.
Old 09-22-2006, 05:32 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon
MONACO'S GREEN PRINCE SUPPORTS DOLPHIN CAMPAIGN

In his wet suit and diving gear Prince Albert took his reputation as Europe's most eco-friendly sovereign a step further this week. Posing with a life-size statue of a dolphin, Monaco's green prince was once again promoting positive messages on the environment.
Wet suit? Oh, no! He sought legal recouse against a dolphin!

Dave
Old 09-22-2006, 06:50 PM
Aristocracy

Well, IM surprised that Albert was not in attendance at the UN session in New York this week. It seems odd for him to miss it.
Old 09-23-2006, 07:23 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by sashajones
Well, IM surprised that Albert was not in attendance at the UN session in New York this week. It seems odd for him to miss it.
It probably didn't fit his schedule with Vienna etc. Besides he was already several times this year in the states, so I guess he considered the meetings he attended more important.
Old 09-26-2006, 02:27 PM
Serene Highness

Red face Glistening Seas

hey everyone well what an i-n-t-er-est-i-n-g week. Seems PA has an uncanny resemblence to the Duke of Edimburgh or is it the other way around well in either case 2 handsome guys who look alike in the same family. wow. plus that dolphin statue is really cool i was surprised to know he knew how to scuba dive there seems to be no end to PA talents. well with the environment the way it has been it's a good way to be.

those pictures from the 70's were amazing it's the first time we've seen some pictures from that era. he's managed to grow up and still maintain his good looks that's great. he's got his father's good looks it seems any opinions on this
Old 09-26-2006, 03:32 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glistening Seas
he's got his father's good looks it seems any opinions on this
He is a handsome man without a doubt, but it's the Kelly good looks. Althought Prince Rainier was a handsome man as well, Albert has always looked like the Kelly family. This includes the hair line which he gets from his grandfather John B. Kelly Sr.

I know a lot of the captions say Albert is with the Duke of Edinboro. But that is the name of QE II husband. Isn't Prince Edward called Count Wessex?
Old 09-26-2006, 03:43 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by libra65
I know a lot of the captions say Albert is with the Duke of Edinboro. But that is the name of QE II husband. Isn't Prince Edward called Count Wessex?
Prince Edward is the Earl of Wessex, not Duke of Edinburgh.
They (Prince Albert, Earl and Countess of Wessex) were present at the Anniversary of the Foundation of the Duke of Edinburgh's Award, hence the midleading idea that Prince Edward is Duke of Edinburgh.
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 09-26-2006, 03:55 PM
Nobility

Thanks Avalon. I knew it was Wessex but the title part had me tripping. I knew Sophie went by Countess Wessex. To me he is just Prince Edward-no need to muck it up further. Just like the Duke of York is still Prince Andrew to me. Oh well.
Old 09-27-2006, 05:32 PM
Heir Apparent

Prince Albert II and Mrs Svada Eizenberg , Friends of Monaco's Philharmonic association President, inaugurate a photo exhibition at the Grimaldi Forum in Monaco, Wednesday 27 September 2006. The exhibition is dedicated to the 150th anniversary of Monaco's Philharmonic Orchestra. It is an image retrospective of the Philharmonic history with pictures coming from all around the world. The exhibition runs from September 27th till October 1st

from anp

Old 09-27-2006, 07:46 PM
Serene Highness

Red face Glistening Seas

hello everyone i am sure their philharmonic must be delightful. d-o-e-s anyone know if they have ever put out a collection of music on cd's. also i am sure they play everything well but do they have any particular favorites to play even if it's a holiday type thing
Old 09-27-2006, 08:23 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glistening Seas
hello everyone i am sure their philharmonic must be delightful. d-o-e-s anyone know if they have ever put out a collection of music on cd's. also i am sure they play everything well but do they have any particular favorites to play even if it's a holiday type thing
you can find out more here http://www.opmc.mc
Old 09-28-2006, 10:24 AM
Majesty

Reuthers via Yahoo

Quote:
Romanian President Traian Basescu (R) speaks to Prince Albert of Monaco (L) as Basescu's wife Maria (C) watches during the official welcoming ceremony at the beginning of the two-day Francophone Summit, hosted for the first time by an Eastern European country, in Bucharest September 28, 2006. REUTERS/Mihai Barbu (ROMANIA)

Deadline Press

Prince Albert II & Mrs Svada Eizenberg, Friends of Monaco’s Philharmonic association President, inaugurate a photo exhibition at the Grimaldi Forum in Monaco. The exhibition is dedicated to the 150th anniversary of Monaco’s Philharmonic Orchestra. It is an image retrospective of the Philharmonic history with pictures coming from all around the world. The exhibition is taking place from September 27th till October 1st .

Closed Thread