HSH Prince Albert Current Events 18 : May 2006 - July 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ghislaine said:
Princess Olga:
Which would make Albert just as borderline hypocrite.
I don't necessarily disagree with that, although I'd like to give Albert the benefit of the doubt--for now.

Ghislaine said:
Frederik of Denmark, Charles of the UK, Laurent from Belgium (admittedly not a crown prince), Willem-Alexander of the Netherlands does everything concerning water.
Charles and Laurent, I agree on. Charles was hawking organic foods and establishing his own organic farm way before, as you say, the environment was "hot".

And Laurent, well, there are a ton of examples indeed, that show his commitment to the environment in general and animals in particular.

I get the impression Charles and Laurent are genuine in these efforts to at least get attention to the plight of our dying, overpopulated planet.

Then Alexander. Yes, he's all about water, but with him, there's more the impression that he's more in it to make sure everyone, as in, every human, in the world, has equal access to water--that's a bit different than saving the environment. A Charles or Laurent or even an Albert, Alexander ain't. And anyway, he's said to favor private corporation solutions as to the distribution of water--a solution I wholeheartedly <dis>agree with.

And Frederik--I don't know enough about his efforts to really know what I'm talking about--for some reason, whenever I tune in to what he's doing, he's always on a boat participating in some sailing competition or other. For some reason I don't get the impression he takes whatever it is he stands for very seriously, although I don't doubt his commitment to his young family.

Ghislaine said:
Royalty is, IMO, not the most green profession anyway. That's not their fault, it's more a sort of necessary evil.
I completely agree, but that doesn't mean they cannot try and pull a "Charles" or "Laurent". Albert, you're right, should take a page or two from these princes' books.

princess olga said:
Albert, you're right, should take a page or two from these princes' books.
I disagree. I think Albert should write his own page. In contrast to those other princes, he actually is a head of state with the power to make decisions, even if his country is only small. The others are limited to raising awareness in public, whereas he can actually put his words into action, if he is serious about it. And obviously he would have to start at his own front step, before preaching to others. He could order to plaster the roofs of the Grimaldi forum and the stadium with sun reflectors, he could get rid of the incinary, he could make public transport free of charge, he could demand tourists to leave their cars outside of Monaco and use shuttle busses instead (as some swiss skiing resorts have done for over twenty years without harming their tourist industry), he could limit the number of cars owned by residents and demand that at least one of them has to be environment friendly, he can order the national education to impliment environmental awareness into there curriculum (it could even be made into a subject in its own right, where students gather information and think up new ways of saving the environment), Monaco university could offer environment studies and how to integrate the environment into business decisions.... There are so many things he could do, things that do not require investing a lot of money. All it needs is a little imagination and the guts to take a few unpopular decisions.

I think Albert is great!
Granted, he has a "complicated" private life but he is doing a very good job leading Monaco toward the future.

July 1, 2006
HRH Prince Albert II of Monaco arrive at the closing ceremony of the Television Film Festival of Monte Carlo.

from corbis

Attachments

• 42-17031580.jpg
    42-17031580.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 135
  • 42-17031630.jpg
    42-17031630.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 157
  • 42-17031663.jpg
    42-17031663.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 199
Article about PA. It looks like summary of what was written about Albert. But in the end(page 2) it says that Albert wants his children "to be certain of my affection". Albert supposed to tell this to French magazine. I don't remember PA told something like that in Le Point interview.
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2089-2252573,00.html

Prince Albert II. watching the World Cup's semi final Germany vs Italy at restaurant Pacific, Monte Carlo, Monaco - 04.07.06

1z21zrt.jpg
1z221bc.jpg

(WENN)

Is that "Oh I'd rather go naked then wear fur" Pam Anderson?

sashajones said:
Is that "Oh I'd rather go naked then wear fur" Pam Anderson?

Sure looks like her. I'd recognize those implants anywhere. :eek: ;)

I know everyone thinks that PA has his way with all the models, etc. But don't you think that he probably gets just a little bit tired of some of these people? So many of them, obviously, really are lacking in a lot of ways, and the photo ops must get a little much. It must be difficult to find anyone with any real substance. Say what you will about CW, at least she is not Pam. Geez! And isn't that Bono?

He was seen kissing and cuddling with her. What does his official companion say to this?! :eek:

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f13/hsh-prince-albert-current-events-part-17-a-9231-6.html
Make sure you look at Post #107--
This looks like the woman from the cafe pictures(WENN photos from last night). She might have had bangs cut......and her hair in a ponytail....The press had incorrectly identified her as a DeMassey cousin....
Compare her to the second to the last and third from the last pictures from WENN (post #163)--Woman standing next to Prince Albert..... There is some resemblance....

Last edited:
princess olga said:
Someone who's doing an EXCELLENT job in this regard is the Prince of Wales, who is putting his money where his mouth is: he's advocating we all should eat organic, and instead of merely pontificating, he's spearheaded many initiatives in this realm, not the least of which the establishing of his own series of organic farms!

As an additional point: you see prince Charles and Camilla eat and drink their own and other organic food and drinks all the time. They even seem to enjoy it! :D

teense said:
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f13/hsh-prince-albert-current-events-part-17-a-9231-6.html
Make sure you look at Post #107--
This looks like the woman from the cafe pictures(WENN photos from last night). She might have had bangs cut......and her hair in a ponytail....The press had incorrectly identified her as a DeMassey cousin....
Compare her to the second to the last and third from the last pictures from WENN (post #163)--Woman standing next to Prince Albert..... There is some resemblance....
To me that doesn't look like the same person. Besides she is much younger.

paca said:
To me that doesn't look like the same person. Besides she is much younger.

I agree Paca. The one at the tennnis match appears much younger.

For heaven's sake Prince Albert, settle down!!!!!! OMG, I just cannot believe how he enjoys being photographed with every woman and her dog! Phew! I still like him though.

Stellad

Bruno Press / Sipa

Prince Albert of Monaco ,sl,with Dr. Alexander Liegl,c, and family (german consul in Monaco) at the hotel "Bayerischer Hof" in Munich before the World Cup semifinal soccer match between Portugal and France in the World Cup stadium in Munich. Munich, GERMANY-05/07/2006

Attachments

• SIPA.00531118000001.jpg
    SIPA.00531118000001.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 263
  • SIPA.00531118000003.jpg
    SIPA.00531118000003.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 252
Deadline Press

Monaco LE PRINCE ALBERT II DE MONACO INAUGURE UNE OEUVRE D'ART DEDIEE AU PRINCE RAINIER To pay tribute to the Prince Rainier, Prince Albert II of Monaco inaugurates an art piece representing the Monaco principality offered by the employers federation of Monaco for its 60th establishment birthday.

Attachments

• DL114105_001.jpg
    DL114105_001.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 283
  • DL114105_002.jpg
    DL114105_002.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 194
  • DL114105_003.jpg
    DL114105_003.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 228
  • DL114105_004.jpg
    DL114105_004.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 200
  • DL114105_005.jpg
    DL114105_005.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 301
  • DL114105_006.jpg
    DL114105_006.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 251
  • DL114105_007.jpg
    DL114105_007.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 260
  • DL114105_008.jpg
    DL114105_008.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 267
  • DL114105_009.jpg
    DL114105_009.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 259
  • DL114105_010.jpg
    DL114105_010.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 212
stellad said:
For heaven's sake Prince Albert, settle down!!!!!! OMG, I just cannot believe how he enjoys being photographed with every woman and her dog! Phew! I still like him though.

Stellad

LOL!!! I understand your frustration with Prince Albert. I really want him to settle down with SOMEONE soon.:)

I've just seen on TV a quickly interview to Albert at the stadium in Berlin.
He spoke in Italian enough well and he was speaking about the game result.
I was quite surprise to see him.

Yahoo/Reuters

German President Horst Koehler (R) poses with his guests for a group picture during a reception in Berlin July 9, 2006. Koehler invited several presidents and prime ministers to take part at a reception before the final of the World Cup 2006 tournament Italy against France later on Sunday. The picture shows: FIFA President Sepp Blatter (front L), German Chancellor Angela Merkel (front 2ndL), Italian President Giorgio Napolitano (front 3rd L), UN Secretary General Kofi Annan (front 4rthL), former German soccer player Franz Beckenbauer (front 2nd R), EU Commission President Jose Manuel Barroso (back 4th L), Finnish President Tarja Halonen (back 5th L), Austrian Chancellor Wolfgang Schuessel (back 5th R), Prince Albert of Monaco (back 3rd R), Austrian Foreign Minister Ursula Plassnick (back 2ndR). Others are unidentified. REUTERS/Arnd Wiegmann (GERMANY)

Attachments

• r1547135690.jpg
    r1547135690.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 236
Tbhrc, there is no picture to review. Did it get deleted? I can not see anything to click on from the thumbnail. :)

July 09, 2006
BERLIN, GERMANY
PRINCE ALBERT of Monaco dinning at the 'Borchardt' restaurant in Berlin after watching the World Cup final.

from zuma

1zgz3h3.jpg
1zgz51t.jpg
1zgz5g1.jpg

1zgz5zc.jpg

So is Prince Albert still with Charlene Wittstock? How odd that the palace would call her his "official companion" if he was weeks away from breaking up with her.

Oh, I suspect that official title has something to do with the lawsuit filed about the Maldives pictures. Albert is not going to marry Charlene, he has already been spoted out with other women. Though he does not appear to be with the woman pictured here, he was captured snuggling with another woman at the world cup who is not Charlene.

Jo of Palatine said:
As an additional point: you see prince Charles and Camilla eat and drink their own and other organic food and drinks all the time. They even seem to enjoy it! :D

He also can afford it. Organic products cost a great deal more.

Can someone post the pictures of Albert snuggling with the mystery woman at the World Cup?

assia said:
Prince Albert is also on cover of Paris Match current issue. I'll try to get it read it and summarize/

Can you scan and post also the internal pages please???:)

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom