HSH Prince Albert Current Events 18 : May 2006 - July 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Glistening Seas

:) at the risk of appearing redundant. however, may i say as a woman whenever i see someone opening a box of sthg i simply just h-a-v-e to know what it is. :D i am dying ;) of curiosity to know what is in that b-o-x. does anybody know:rolleyes: :confused: :rolleyes: am i the o-n--l-y person whom is like this :) :eek: :)h-m-m it's probably too big to be a tie tac or a set of cuff links or a tie, well that about exhausts my endless seas of maybe's. any thoughts on this.

Last edited:
Glistening Seas said:
at the risk of appearing redundant. however, may i say as a woman whenever i see someone opening a box of sthg i simply just h-a-v-e to know what it is. :D i am dying of curiosity to know what is in that b-o-x. does anybody know:rolleyes: :confused: :rolleyes: am i the o-n--l-y person whom is like this :) :eek: :)h-m-m it's probably too big to be a tie tac or a set of cuff links or a tie, well that about exhausts my endless seas of maybe's. any thoughts on this.

He didn't look too thrilled so nothing that good. :mad: Probably something Albert as presenting to the competitors. :confused:

Getty Images

Strasbourg, FRANCE: Prince Albert of Monaco (R) and Secretary General of the European Council Terry Davis (L) unveil 17 May 2006 in Strasbourg European Council headquarters, eastern France, a statue as part of a twelve pieces of art Monaco donation to this European institution. AFP PHOTO FREDERICK FLORIN (Photo credit should read FREDERICK FLORIN/AFP/Getty Images)

Attachments

• 57633582.jpg
    57633582.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 228
  • 57633251.jpg
    57633251.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 302
Belga/MaxPP

ALTKIRCH LE 16/05/2006 LA VISITE DU PRINCE ALBERT II DE MONACO EN ALSACE ICI PLACE DE L'HOTEL DE VILLE AUX COULEURS DE LA PRINCIPAUTE Prince Albert of Monaco during a visit in ALTKIRCH estern of France May 16, 2006.

Attachments

• p4317434.jpg
    p4317434.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 195
  • p4317441.jpg
    p4317441.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 195
  • p4317444.jpg
    p4317444.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 196
  • p4317447.jpg
    p4317447.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 184
  • p4317449.jpg
    p4317449.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 178
  • p4317601.jpg
    p4317601.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 280
  • p4317602.jpg
    p4317602.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 313
  • p4317604.jpg
    p4317604.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 194
  • p4317605.jpg
    p4317605.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 183
  • p4317606.jpg
    p4317606.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 189
Picture Desk/Action Press

PRINCE ALBERT II OF MONACO -PRESIDENT OF THE RED CROSS- OPENS THE 16TH ANNUAL BIG RED CROSS BASAR IN MONTEC CARLO ON MAY 16, 2006

Attachments

• 6985212.jpg
    6985212.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 192
  • 6985217.jpg
    6985217.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 179
  • 6985216.jpg
    6985216.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 177
  • 6985215.jpg
    6985215.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 187
  • 6985214.jpg
    6985214.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 169
  • 6985213.jpg
    6985213.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 171
  • 6985211.jpg
    6985211.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 163
tbhrc said:
Belga/MaxPP

I read in newspaper "L'Alsace" that Prince Albert was to visit the city of Thann as well, but then the visit was cancelled.:(

Amongst his various titles he also counts that of Count of Thann.

Thanks for the pics, tbhrc :)

Did you all see PA was sitting with King Juan Carlos at the Champions League game?

Casey321 said:
Did you all see PA was sitting with King Juan Carlos at the Champions League game?

I heard Stephanie and Louis went to attend the match as well...
...where they seen?

Glistening Seas

:) hm-m super pics. omg did everyone see the big smiles on the kiddies (especially the girls) well, after all those marvelous animals at the polar exhibit PA is going to be hit with the kiddie set. how nice. :D is that a PA car being exhibited or something newly acquired, for those of us not in the update category of this. :) I didn't know PA was pres of the red cross, wow a bazaar h-m-m-m always a great place to be for the adventerous spirit. definitely always a favorite here.:D for the benefit of those whom are not from the direct area where is Thann where is that:confused:

for the benefit of those whom are not from the direct area where is Thann where is that:confused:

Thann is a small town located in Southern Alsace (North/Eastern France)
http://www.ville-thann.fr/ (This is in French, though)

Tosca:
I read in newspaper "L'Alsace" that Prince Albert was to visit the city of Thann as well, but then the visit was cancelled.:(

Amongst his various titles he also counts that of Count of Thann.

And he's count of Ferrette and Baron of Altkirch. Which explains, presumably, what he was doing there in the first place. I've been wondering...

G.

Here's a pic of Albert at the Champions League Final - but I can't see Louis.

1037amq.jpg

(deadline press)

Here is a link (for those who speak German) to an article about PAs construction plans. IMO it is complete BS, because the building plans are publicly discussed and none of this has been mentioned. First time I saw those pics. At present they are just looking at proposals. Fontvielle 2, which has been discussed and planned for at least the last 8 years has, as far as I know, been completely abandonned. Besides they claim that PA wants to be known as some sort of builder prince. That name is I am afraid already taken by his dad. And I remember reading that he was not in favor of continuing to expand (until of course the realestate guys put some pressure on). He has limited new landwinning to Larvotto, explicitly expressing his wish to maintain the beach and the underwater protected space. So that doesn't leave a lot of possibilities and would cause a lot of construction difficulties. One should also not forget that we have in winter sometimes very high water, which already causes a lot of damage in Larvotto and Fontvielle. So I wonder who would want to buy realestate, where he can count on regular waterdamage (unless of course you like to redocorate once a year;) :D ).
http://www.frau-im-spiegel.de/leute/albert21_06.html

I just read on "OGGI" mag that a biography of Prince Albert is to appear soon in Italy's librairies. I can't recall what's the title of the book, sorry. Anyway the article also mentions that Albert is known as the "green prince". I wonder if this is true of it's just the journalist's pure invention...

Glistening Seas

hey tosca and everybody :) o-h-h-h i am really glad you posted that--can you p-l-e-a-s-e make a note of it so when it does come out--you can let us whom are not in that area know so we can get them. :rolleyes: well, i think the green prince is okay thing to be called--did you see the pictures on page 1 or 2 at that conference he was giving omg:eek: he look exquisite in that tie and suit that tie color gave him a beatiful golden glow:rolleyes: although it might have been keystone press lens did that but they did a beautiful job on those he looked great. as ususal.i think that a good label for him. personally, i found it quite humerous that he didn't even competely thaw himself out from the north pole before he was thinking about going to the other pole. b-r-r most of us here are just glad to be thawing out period let alone another expedition. :eek: does anybod know where altrich (did i spell this right:confused: :eek: ) is any thoughts on this.

I was just wandering a couple of years ago there was an article written about Prince Albert roughing up a waitress. Does anyone still have that article I believe it was from a Julia saying she had a pic?
thanks
jen

we can see Sofia of Spain with the spanish PM

with Albert

sebastian said:
Here's a pic of Albert at the Champions League Final - but I can't see Louis.

1037amq.jpg

(deadline press)

Glistening Seas

:) hey everyone, Pouk are you s-u-r-e about that roughing up a waitress thing:confused: i truy find something like that pretty hard to believe. although i have never heard of it. i don't really think PA has much of a temper and if per chance he does, i don't think he'd use it unjustifiably imho.:eek: :rolleyes: any thoughts on this :confused:

does anybod know where altrich (did i spell this right:confused: :eek: ) is any thoughts on this.

Altkirsch and Ferrette are located in the southernmost part of Alsace (North/East of France, next to the German border). This region is called Sundgau (in the Alsatian Language) or Sundgovie (in French). It's next to the Swiss border, not far from the city of Basel. Whilst Issenheim, if I'm correct lies a few kilometers north of Thann, still in Southern Alsace or as the French call it Haut Rhin = "Upper Rhein" :)

jennifrasure said:
I was just wandering a couple of years ago there was an article written about Prince Albert roughing up a waitress. Does anyone still have that article I believe it was from a Julia saying she had a pic?
thanks
jen
He's not my favorite prince but please, if you're gonna make an accusation like that then provide a link to the article or something. Saying you read about him "roughing up a waitress" somewhere at sometime in the past is just not good enough.

As I stated before it was in another post. It was in the Prince albert of monaco 2002 events the last page if you search under prince albert. I was asking for the full article because in looking back I noticed that . Sorry to obviously offended someone but the facts are the facts it was around 1998 at the Crobar in Miami. jen

Well this thread is about his Current Events and it would be great if we could get back on topic.

Thanks,
tbhrc

Getty/AFP/Polfoto

Barcelona, SPAIN: Prince Albert of Monaco is seen on arrival at the annual Laureus Sports Awards in Barcelona, 22 May 2006. The awards, happening for the first time in Spain brings together many of the leading sportsmen and women from across the globe. AFP PHOTO/LLUIS GENE (Photo credit should read LLUIS GENE/AFP/Getty Images)

Attachments

• 71008412.jpg
    71008412.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 582
  • 71008530.jpg
    71008530.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 206
  • ImageHandlerServlet.jpg
    ImageHandlerServlet.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 277
  • 71008624.jpg
    71008624.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 317
  • 71008625.jpg
    71008625.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 198
He looks good in that suit , Thanks for the pics tbhrc

USAToday Article on Monaco

To help his principality grow, he plans a new commercial and residential addition outside the port area. As an ardent environmentalist who trekked to the Arctic last month to highlight concerns over global warming, Albert insists that the addition be built on pilings rather than landfill, and that none of the new buildings be higher than 10 stories so as not to disturb Mediterranean sea life. "Our limitations (in size) don't mean that we can't do things in the right way," he says.

Albert II. in official visit in Slovenia

Prince Albert is in official visit in Slovenia. He is going to be there for 2 days. He met with slovenian president Janez Drnovsek. He will also travel across that small Alpine and Adriatic nation of 2-million people. No photos yet available...

Getty Images

Ljubljana, SLOVENIA: Slovenian President Janez Drnovsek (R) and Prince Albert of Monaco listen to the national anthems before their meeting in Ljubljana May 31, 2006. Prince Albert arrived for two-day visit to Slovenia. AFP PHOTO/Stringer (Photo credit should read STRINGER/AFP/Getty Images)

119mbmt.jpg

119mbrt.jpg

More from polfoto

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 264
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 279
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg