The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-30-2006, 09:17 AM
Heir Presumptive

We have a thread for Albert on covers in case people aren't aware of it Click here: Albert II on Magazine Covers - The Royal Forums It would be nice to keep it all together so we don't loose things.

Old 06-30-2006, 09:26 AM
Majesty

Getty Images

Quote:
Prince Albert II of Monaco poses with Ashley Jones at the Palais during the 46th annual Monte Carlo Television Festival at the Forum Grimaldi, on June 29, 2006 in Monte Carlo, Monaco. (Photo by Festival Pool/Getty Images)
Quote:
Prince Albert II of Monaco poses with Patricia Arquette at the Palais during the 46th annual Monte Carlo Television Festival at the Forum Grimaldi, on June 29, 2006 in Monte Carlo, Monaco. (Photo by Festival Pool/Getty Images)
Quote:
Prince Albert II of Monaco poses with actor Shemar Mooreat the Palais during the 46th annual Monte Carlo Television Festival at the Forum Grimaldi, on June 29, 2006 in Monte Carlo, Monaco. (Photo by Festival Pool/Getty Images)
Quote:
Prince Albert II of Monaco poses with Lost actor Jorge Garcia (C) and partner at the Palais during the 46th annual Monte Carlo Television Festival at the Forum Grimaldi, on June 29, 2006 in Monte Carlo, Monaco. (Photo by Festival Pool/Getty Images)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	71339041.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	29.8 KB
ID:	252726   Click image for larger version

Name:	71339048.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	41.0 KB
ID:	252727   Click image for larger version

Name:	71339050.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	32.2 KB
ID:	252728   Click image for larger version

Name:	71339054.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	37.7 KB
ID:	252729  

Old 07-01-2006, 08:16 AM
Commoner

Prince Albert II. has attended the opening of a Modern Art museum in Luxemburg today.
http://news.orf.at/?href=http%3A%2F%...%2F222862.html
Old 07-01-2006, 03:48 PM
Majesty

Getty Images

Quote:
Prince Albert II of Monaco speaks with U.S. actress Milena Govich and Alana de la Garza (R) on the red carpet before the closing ceremony of the 46th annual Monte Carlo Television Festival at the Forum Grimaldi, on July 1, 2006 in Monte Carlo, Monaco. (Photo by Francois Durand/Getty Images)
Quote:
US actor Dennis Haysbert, US actresss Kim Raver, Prince Albert II of Monaco and guest, pose on the red carpet before the closing ceremony of the 46th annual Monte Carlo Television Festival at the Forum Grimaldi, on July 1st , 2006 in Monte Carlo, Monaco. (Photo by Francois Durand/Getty Images)
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	71349015.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	24.1 KB
ID:	253062   Click image for larger version

Name:	71349023.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	47.9 KB
ID:	253063   Click image for larger version

Name:	71349031.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	31.7 KB
ID:	253064   Click image for larger version

Name:	71349049.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	35.2 KB
ID:	253065  

Name:	71349098.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	44.3 KB
ID:	253066  
Old 07-01-2006, 04:07 PM
Serene Highness

Last Pic playing with his pinky.nice pics.thanks.
Old 07-01-2006, 04:25 PM
Serene Highness

wow, Alberts been a busy man these past few days.
Old 07-01-2006, 05:37 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by paca
I like the idea of the foundation and apparently he is going to give some of his own money too, but what I would like to see from him too are those little bits that everyone can do. So instead of taking the mercedes limo to the conseil national (as he did the other day), which is a 2 minute walk from the palace (if even that), he should have walked. And maybe instead of saying that they are trying to encourage people to use public transport, how about doing it himself on occasion (and making it free of charge - you wouldn't believe how much rich people love to save money )? He said in his recent interview, that they are going to bring the incinary up to date, but how about closing it, since experts have stated quite a while ago that even after huge investments, it will hardly be brought up to standards and will be closed definetely in about 10 years. Sorry to be so negativ again, but if you want others to follow your example you have to be at least twice as good as you want them to be. Ad lets face it, Monaco is in comparisson to Germany still in the dark ages of environment protection. What is starting here and in France at present, has been done in Germany for over 20 years. Thus it amuses me that PA is consulting with environmentalists from France, who haven't managed to convince their own government, rather then consulting with experts from all over the world who have actually practical experience instead of just ideas of what could be done. I believe there are some experiments done in Iceland at present with regards to cars. Considering the amount of traffic and polution in MC, that should be one of the projects to take an interest in. Just my two cents.
Great, great points, Paca. I couldn't agree more.

I always think it's borderline hypocrite of actors like Cameron Diaz to take their Toyota Priuses to the oscars, while counterbalancing that with their ample private flights around the planet. After all, if everyone would consume in the way and volume that the rich do, this planet would go down the drain even faster than it is currently doing.

That said, the more prominent people step up as advocates for a greener world, the better in my view. In that vein, I quite like what Albert is doing. sure, one could dismiss it as a cynical PR move on his point, but the fact remains he doesn't need to do this. And after all, what other crown princes/reigning monarchs in Europe are stepping up to save our dying planet? Not many, if any at all. Disappointing is the word.

I completely agree with you Paca that the best way for these VIPs to advocate their causes is to give the right example. Someone who's doing an EXCELLENT job in this regard is the Prince of Wales, who is putting his money where his mouth is: he's advocating we all should eat organic, and instead of merely pontificating, he's spearheaded many initiatives in this realm, not the least of which the establishing of his own series of organic farms!

Albert could do something of the sort, too: for example, outfit the Monaco Palace with solar panels for electricity, and, indeed, <walking> to and fro when in Monaco, etc. etc.

To bring in a cliche: he should walk the walk, not just talk the talk. To be fair, I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt on this one: he may well surprise us and step up to the plate!
Old 07-02-2006, 07:25 AM
Nobility

Princess Olga:
Quote:
I always think it's borderline hypocrite of actors like Cameron Diaz to take their Toyota Priuses to the oscars, while counterbalancing that with their ample private flights around the planet. After all, if everyone would consume in the way and volume that the rich do, this planet would go down the drain even faster than it is currently doing.
Which would make Albert just as borderline hypocrite.

Quote:
And after all, what other crown princes/reigning monarchs in Europe are stepping up to save our dying planet? Not many, if any at all. Disappointing is the word.
Frederik of Denmark, Charles of the UK, Laurent from Belgium (admittedly not a crown prince), Willem-Alexander of the Netherlands does everything concerning water. The environment is hot (no pun intended) and so an almost compulsory worthy cause for any prince/princess. They all, at some point, have done something for the environment. Whether for show, public opinion, or because they truly care, that's a different discussion.

Royalty is, IMO, not the most green profession anyway. That's not their fault, it's more a sort of necessary evil.

G., melting slowly in temperatures exceeding 30 degrees Celsius.
Old 07-03-2006, 10:49 AM
Aristocracy

This is an interesting article. Among other things, it reveals Prince Albert learned to "speak from the heart" from his mother.
http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au...6-2703,00.html
Old 07-04-2006, 02:55 AM
Nobility

Yes, that was an interesting article, thanks for posting it. I had read elsewhere that Albert had been providing for both his children before he publically acknowledged them. I believe Jazmin's grandfather, Tamara's father, gave an interview saying as much. At least that's what I read, I could not tell you where the article was.
Old 07-04-2006, 03:12 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghislaine
Princess Olga:
Which would make Albert just as borderline hypocrite.
I don't necessarily disagree with that, although I'd like to give Albert the benefit of the doubt--for now.

Quote:
Frederik of Denmark, Charles of the UK, Laurent from Belgium (admittedly not a crown prince), Willem-Alexander of the Netherlands does everything concerning water.
Charles and Laurent, I agree on. Charles was hawking organic foods and establishing his own organic farm way before, as you say, the environment was "hot".

And Laurent, well, there are a ton of examples indeed, that show his commitment to the environment in general and animals in particular.

I get the impression Charles and Laurent are genuine in these efforts to at least get attention to the plight of our dying, overpopulated planet.

Then Alexander. Yes, he's all about water, but with him, there's more the impression that he's more in it to make sure everyone, as in, every human, in the world, has equal access to water--that's a bit different than saving the environment. A Charles or Laurent or even an Albert, Alexander ain't. And anyway, he's said to favor private corporation solutions as to the distribution of water--a solution I wholeheartedly <dis>agree with.

And Frederik--I don't know enough about his efforts to really know what I'm talking about--for some reason, whenever I tune in to what he's doing, he's always on a boat participating in some sailing competition or other. For some reason I don't get the impression he takes whatever it is he stands for very seriously, although I don't doubt his commitment to his young family.

Quote:
Royalty is, IMO, not the most green profession anyway. That's not their fault, it's more a sort of necessary evil.
I completely agree, but that doesn't mean they cannot try and pull a "Charles" or "Laurent". Albert, you're right, should take a page or two from these princes' books.
Old 07-04-2006, 03:42 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess olga
Albert, you're right, should take a page or two from these princes' books.
I disagree. I think Albert should write his own page. In contrast to those other princes, he actually is a head of state with the power to make decisions, even if his country is only small. The others are limited to raising awareness in public, whereas he can actually put his words into action, if he is serious about it. And obviously he would have to start at his own front step, before preaching to others. He could order to plaster the roofs of the Grimaldi forum and the stadium with sun reflectors, he could get rid of the incinary, he could make public transport free of charge, he could demand tourists to leave their cars outside of Monaco and use shuttle busses instead (as some swiss skiing resorts have done for over twenty years without harming their tourist industry), he could limit the number of cars owned by residents and demand that at least one of them has to be environment friendly, he can order the national education to impliment environmental awareness into there curriculum (it could even be made into a subject in its own right, where students gather information and think up new ways of saving the environment), Monaco university could offer environment studies and how to integrate the environment into business decisions.... There are so many things he could do, things that do not require investing a lot of money. All it needs is a little imagination and the guts to take a few unpopular decisions.
Old 07-04-2006, 03:56 AM
Aristocracy

I think Albert is great!
Granted, he has a "complicated" private life but he is doing a very good job leading Monaco toward the future.
Old 07-04-2006, 09:42 AM
Aristocracy

http://www.desertsunonline.com/apps/...PDATE/60703016

Monaco's Prince Albert wants relationship with Palm Desert daughter

Keith Matheny
The Desert Sun
July 3, 2006

The ruling prince of Monaco said he wants "relations to be as good as they can be" with two children he's admitted fathering out-of-wedlock -- including a Palm Desert teenager....
Old 07-04-2006, 10:08 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mw7060a
http://www.desertsunonline.com/apps/...PDATE/60703016

Monaco's Prince Albert wants relationship with Palm Desert daughter

Keith Matheny
The Desert Sun
July 3, 2006

The ruling prince of Monaco said he wants "relations to be as good as they can be" with two children he's admitted fathering out-of-wedlock -- including a Palm Desert teenager....
Bravo for them!!!
Old 07-05-2006, 01:03 AM
Heir Apparent

July 1, 2006
HRH Prince Albert II of Monaco arrive at the closing ceremony of the Television Film Festival of Monte Carlo.

from corbis
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	42-17031580.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	73.7 KB
ID:	253430   Click image for larger version

Name:	42-17031630.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	93.5 KB
ID:	253431   Click image for larger version

Name:	42-17031663.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	71.4 KB
ID:	253432  
Old 07-05-2006, 06:31 AM
Serene Highness

Article about PA. It looks like summary of what was written about Albert. But in the end(page 2) it says that Albert wants his children "to be certain of my affection". Albert supposed to tell this to French magazine. I don't remember PA told something like that in Le Point interview.
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article...252573,00.html
Old 07-05-2006, 07:01 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Prince Albert II. watching the World Cup's semi final Germany vs Italy at restaurant Pacific, Monte Carlo, Monaco - 04.07.06

(WENN)
Old 07-05-2006, 08:32 AM
Aristocracy

Is that "Oh I'd rather go naked then wear fur" Pam Anderson?
Old 07-05-2006, 09:04 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by sashajones
Is that "Oh I'd rather go naked then wear fur" Pam Anderson?
Sure looks like her. I'd recognize those implants anywhere.