The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-18-2006, 02:01 AM
Heir Apparent

Location: Somewhere in the middle of the River Po Valley, Italy
Quote:
for the benefit of those whom are not from the direct area where is Thann where is that
Thann is a small town located in Southern Alsace (North/Eastern France)
http://www.ville-thann.fr/ (This is in French, though)

Old 05-18-2006, 11:03 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey321
Did you all see PA was sitting with King Juan Carlos at the Champions League game?
for a picture of Prince Albert : King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia, Current Events Part 10: April - June 2006

Old 05-18-2006, 02:33 PM
Nobility

Tosca:
Quote:
I read in newspaper "L'Alsace" that Prince Albert was to visit the city of Thann as well, but then the visit was cancelled.:(

Amongst his various titles he also counts that of Count of Thann.
And he's count of Ferrette and Baron of Altkirch. Which explains, presumably, what he was doing there in the first place. I've been wondering...

G.
Old 05-18-2006, 05:45 PM
Royal Highness

Here's a pic of Albert at the Champions League Final - but I can't see Louis.

(deadline press)
Old 05-19-2006, 07:30 PM
Serene Highness

Here is a link (for those who speak German) to an article about PAs construction plans. IMO it is complete BS, because the building plans are publicly discussed and none of this has been mentioned. First time I saw those pics. At present they are just looking at proposals. Fontvielle 2, which has been discussed and planned for at least the last 8 years has, as far as I know, been completely abandonned. Besides they claim that PA wants to be known as some sort of builder prince. That name is I am afraid already taken by his dad. And I remember reading that he was not in favor of continuing to expand (until of course the realestate guys put some pressure on). He has limited new landwinning to Larvotto, explicitly expressing his wish to maintain the beach and the underwater protected space. So that doesn't leave a lot of possibilities and would cause a lot of construction difficulties. One should also not forget that we have in winter sometimes very high water, which already causes a lot of damage in Larvotto and Fontvielle. So I wonder who would want to buy realestate, where he can count on regular waterdamage (unless of course you like to redocorate once a year ).
http://www.frau-im-spiegel.de/leute/albert21_06.html
Old 05-20-2006, 12:50 PM
Heir Apparent

I just read on "OGGI" mag that a biography of Prince Albert is to appear soon in Italy's librairies. I can't recall what's the title of the book, sorry. Anyway the article also mentions that Albert is known as the "green prince". I wonder if this is true of it's just the journalist's pure invention...
Old 05-20-2006, 01:31 PM
Serene Highness

Wink Glistening Seas

hey tosca and everybody :) o-h-h-h i am really glad you posted that--can you p-l-e-a-s-e make a note of it so when it does come out--you can let us whom are not in that area know so we can get them. well, i think the green prince is okay thing to be called--did you see the pictures on page 1 or 2 at that conference he was giving omg he look exquisite in that tie and suit that tie color gave him a beatiful golden glow although it might have been keystone press lens did that but they did a beautiful job on those he looked great. as ususal.i think that a good label for him. personally, i found it quite humerous that he didn't even competely thaw himself out from the north pole before he was thinking about going to the other pole. b-r-r most of us here are just glad to be thawing out period let alone another expedition. does anybod know where altrich (did i spell this right ) is any thoughts on this.
Old 05-20-2006, 10:45 PM
Gentry

I was just wandering a couple of years ago there was an article written about Prince Albert roughing up a waitress. Does anyone still have that article I believe it was from a Julia saying she had a pic?
thanks
jen
Old 05-21-2006, 08:14 AM
Gentry

we can see Sofia of Spain with the spanish PM

with Albert

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebastian
Here's a pic of Albert at the Champions League Final - but I can't see Louis.

(deadline press)
Old 05-21-2006, 03:44 PM
Serene Highness

Wink Glistening Seas

:) hey everyone, Pouk are you s-u-r-e about that roughing up a waitress thing i truy find something like that pretty hard to believe. although i have never heard of it. i don't really think PA has much of a temper and if per chance he does, i don't think he'd use it unjustifiably imho.:o any thoughts on this
Old 05-22-2006, 09:42 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
does anybod know where altrich (did i spell this right ) is any thoughts on this.
Altkirsch and Ferrette are located in the southernmost part of Alsace (North/East of France, next to the German border). This region is called Sundgau (in the Alsatian Language) or Sundgovie (in French). It's next to the Swiss border, not far from the city of Basel. Whilst Issenheim, if I'm correct lies a few kilometers north of Thann, still in Southern Alsace or as the French call it Haut Rhin = "Upper Rhein" :)
Old 05-22-2006, 10:22 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennifrasure
I was just wandering a couple of years ago there was an article written about Prince Albert roughing up a waitress. Does anyone still have that article I believe it was from a Julia saying she had a pic?
thanks
jen
He's not my favorite prince but please, if you're gonna make an accusation like that then provide a link to the article or something. Saying you read about him "roughing up a waitress" somewhere at sometime in the past is just not good enough.
Old 05-22-2006, 01:01 PM
Gentry

As I stated before it was in another post. It was in the Prince albert of monaco 2002 events the last page if you search under prince albert. I was asking for the full article because in looking back I noticed that . Sorry to obviously offended someone but the facts are the facts it was around 1998 at the Crobar in Miami. jen
Old 05-22-2006, 03:37 PM
Majesty

Well this thread is about his Current Events and it would be great if we could get back on topic.

Thanks,
tbhrc

Getty/AFP/Polfoto

Quote:
Barcelona, SPAIN: Prince Albert of Monaco is seen on arrival at the annual Laureus Sports Awards in Barcelona, 22 May 2006. The awards, happening for the first time in Spain brings together many of the leading sportsmen and women from across the globe. AFP PHOTO/LLUIS GENE (Photo credit should read LLUIS GENE/AFP/Getty Images)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	71008412.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	31.7 KB
ID:	244705   Click image for larger version

Name:	71008530.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	21.9 KB
ID:	244706   Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageHandlerServlet.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	27.0 KB
ID:	244724   Click image for larger version

Name:	71008624.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	24.5 KB
ID:	244725  

Name:	71008625.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	32.0 KB
ID:	244726  
Old 05-23-2006, 12:36 AM
Serene Highness

He looks good in that suit , Thanks for the pics tbhrc
Old 05-23-2006, 11:54 AM
Gentry

USAToday Article on Monaco

Quote:
To help his principality grow, he plans a new commercial and residential addition outside the port area. As an ardent environmentalist who trekked to the Arctic last month to highlight concerns over global warming, Albert insists that the addition be built on pilings rather than landfill, and that none of the new buildings be higher than 10 stories so as not to disturb Mediterranean sea life. "Our limitations (in size) don't mean that we can't do things in the right way," he says.
Old 05-31-2006, 12:34 PM

Albert II. in official visit in Slovenia

Prince Albert is in official visit in Slovenia. He is going to be there for 2 days. He met with slovenian president Janez Drnovsek. He will also travel across that small Alpine and Adriatic nation of 2-million people. No photos yet available...
Old 05-31-2006, 02:23 PM
Majesty

Getty Images

Quote:
Ljubljana, SLOVENIA: Slovenian President Janez Drnovsek (R) and Prince Albert of Monaco listen to the national anthems before their meeting in Ljubljana May 31, 2006. Prince Albert arrived for two-day visit to Slovenia. AFP PHOTO/Stringer (Photo credit should read STRINGER/AFP/Getty Images)

Old 05-31-2006, 03:03 PM
Heir Apparent

More from polfoto
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	34.4 KB
ID:	246260   Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	28.8 KB