HSH Prince Albert Current Events 17 : March 2006 - May 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
LadyS said:
Off the subject a little but I didn't know where to ask.

Is there a calendar for the Monaco family's events, engagements or visits, like those of other royal families?
None that are published as far as I know. Not even on their site. It is announced in the paper, when sth major is happening, but not for every little tit bit they do. So you don't have anyone following them around, everytime they show their face.;) :D

Glistening Seas said:
:eek: hello everyone, wow nice pics from the Grace Mem Hos does anyone know what his visit was for?:confused: was it fund raising or raising awareness or something:confused: it's nice he takes an interest in being there. :)
the visit was due to the arrival of new equipment for the hospital (heart and eye departments). One of them was a donation and it is customary that in those cases a member of the family does the honours.

Forbes Billionaires Rulers

Hee's Forbes Magazine's 2006 list of billionaire rulers. Prince albert made the list this year. I've compiled the list from the slide show and posted an excerpt from the article.

Forbes Billionaires
http://www.forbes.com/2006/05/04/rich-kings-dictators_cz_lk_0504royals.html

Fortunes Of Kings, Queens And Dictators
Luisa Kroll 05.05.06, 9:00 AM ET

These kings, queens and dictators warrant a separate list from our billionaires, which had a record 793 members this year, because of the difficulties separating their personal fortunes from the wealth of the state. Also, the billionaires' rankings exclude extended family fortunes, and most of these rulers share their fortunes with numerous relatives, like Liechtenstein’s Prince Hans-Adam II, who heads a family fortune that dates back almost nine centuries.

1. King Abdullah Bin Abdulaziz
King/Saudi Arabia $21 billion Age: 82

2. Sultan Haji Hassanal Bolkiah
Sultan/Brunei $20 billion Age: 59

3. Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan
President/United Arab Emirates $19 billion Age: 58

4. Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum
Ruler/Dubai $14 billion Age: 56

5. Hans Adam II von und zu Liechtenstein
Prince/Liechtenstein $4 billion Age: 61

6. Prince Albert II
Prince/Monaco $1 billion Age: 48

7. Fidel Castro
President/Cuba $900 million Age: 79

8. Teodoro Obiang Nguema Mbasogo
President/Equatorial Guinea $600 million Age: 63

9. Queen Elizabeth II
Queen/U.K. $500 million Age: 80

10. Queen Beatrix Wilhelmina Armgard
Queen/Netherlands $270 million Age: 68

MyAdia said:
Hee's Forbes Magazine's 2006 list of billionaire rulers. Prince albert made the list this year. I've compiled the list from the slide show and posted an excerpt from the article.

Forbes Billionaires
http://www.forbes.com/2006/05/04/rich-kings-dictators_cz_lk_0504royals.html

Fortunes Of Kings, Queens And Dictators
Luisa Kroll 05.05.06, 9:00 AM ET

These kings, queens and dictators warrant a separate list from our billionaires, which had a record 793 members this year, because of the difficulties separating their personal fortunes from the wealth of the state. Also, the billionaires' rankings exclude extended family fortunes, and most of these rulers share their fortunes with numerous relatives, like Liechtenstein’s Prince Hans-Adam II, who heads a family fortune that dates back almost nine centuries.

1. King Abdullah Bin Abdulaziz
King/Saudi Arabia $21 billion Age: 82

2. Sultan Haji Hassanal Bolkiah
Sultan/Brunei $20 billion Age: 59

3. Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan
President/United Arab Emirates $19 billion Age: 58

4. Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum
Ruler/Dubai $14 billion Age: 56

5. Hans Adam II von und zu Liechtenstein
Prince/Liechtenstein $4 billion Age: 61

6. Prince Albert II
Prince/Monaco $1 billion Age: 48

7. Fidel Castro
President/Cuba $900 million Age: 79

8. Teodoro Obiang Nguema Mbasogo
President/Equatorial Guinea $600 million Age: 63

9. Queen Elizabeth II
Queen/U.K. $500 million Age: 80

10. Queen Beatrix Wilhelmina Armgard
Queen/Netherlands $270 million Age: 68
Are there any other single royal billionaires besides PA?:D

And the only one under 50!

All which makes its harder to separate the golddigging future wannabes from those who could be good for Albert.

Ann

Suonymona said:
And the only one under 50!

All which makes its harder to separate the golddigging future wannabes from those who could be good for Albert.

Ann

There's always the prenup. Any smart woman would sign one to protect herself in the court of public opinion.

When someone agrees to marry one with considerable wealth, I personally think if they do not agree to a prenup that it is a potential red flag that they may be in it for the money. To clarify, I don't think this is always true, but when it comes to vast fortunes where many generations to come are to be affected, I think a prenup is the proper thing to do.

What do you all feel?

Grace had a prenup. Part of it included that Rainier would get to raise the children in Monaco should they divorce.

I think Albert would have one, not just to protect his money, jewelry, and property, but to keep any children guarded. Papparazzi can't go traipsing around Monaco like in other countries.

Even if you think you will never divorce, its smarter to make sure there is an agreement while you are "happy" than to tear things apart after you're unhappy.

Ann

Prince Albert of Monaco in the 33 Theater of cruise of Sea in the theater Princess Grace of Monaco. The theater cruise of the Sea reunites to the famous maximums of Broadway and Hollywood

from terra

16aa1.jpg
28sc2.jpg

From deadline

Attachments

• DL113323_004.jpg
    DL113323_004.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 214
  • DL113323_006.jpg
    DL113323_006.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 236
  • DL113323_011.jpg
    DL113323_011.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 223
  • DL113323_002.jpg
    DL113323_002.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 192
Monaco, May 9th, 2006
Launch of the construction of Prince-Pierre bridge

from Belga

Attachments

• p4286397.jpg
    p4286397.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 144
  • p4286412.jpg
    p4286412.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 137
  • p4286399.jpg
    p4286399.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 141
  • p4286388.jpg
    p4286388.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 146
  • p4286387.jpg
    p4286387.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 206
  • p4286384.jpg
    p4286384.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 171
  • p4286383.jpg
    p4286383.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 196
  • p4286377.jpg
    p4286377.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 196
more from Belga

Attachments

• p4286418.jpg
    p4286418.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 137
  • p4286422.jpg
    p4286422.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 162
  • p4286423.jpg
    p4286423.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 220
  • p4286430.jpg
    p4286430.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 127
  • p4286413.jpg
    p4286413.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 142
  • p4286417.jpg
    p4286417.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 154
20060509 - Monaco
PRINCE ALBERT II OF MONACO NOTES the PROGRESS OF the WORK OF the PRINCE PIERRE BRIDGE , ONE OF the BUILDING SITES OF the PRINCIPALITY
Prince Albert II of Monaco went on one of the building sites of the Principality in order to note the advance of the project of the bridge Prince Pierre. It is the adviser of the government for public works Mr. Gilles Tonelli who has guide the Prince on this building site which takes seat on the grounds of the old station, today underground. The transfer in underground of the railroad made it possible the Principality to recover thousands of constructible meters cross-sections which open new horizons as regards town planning. On the photograph: from left to right the Prince Albert II, Gilles Tonelli, Stephan Valeri, the president of the National Council, Mr. Marsan, the mayor of Monaco.

from deadline press

xm0bp4.jpg
xm0brm.jpg

xm0c2t.jpg
xm0cc4.jpg

xm0chf.jpg
xm0e0y.jpg

xm0e4h.jpg
xm0eqc.jpg

20060506 - MONACO
ASSOCIATION FULL FIRES SOLIDARITY, CREATED BY 4 COEDS Of a COMMERCIAL SCHOOL, CHOSE WITHIN the FRAMEWORK OF THEIR FORMATION TO ORGANIZE ONE EVENING MODE FOR the BENEFIT Of the AMADE association
Plein Fires Solidarity, creee in November 2005 by 4 coeds of a commercial school of group EDHEC, the ESPEME, chose, within the framework of their formation, to organize in Principality one evening caritative for the benefit of the AMADE Monaco in the living rooms of Bay Hotel. They wanted to pay a homage to the Princess Grace of Monaco, founder of Amade, the World Association of the Friends of Childhood. Happy initiative which falls the year 2006, year of the 40eme birthday of the creation of the AMADE Monaco, but also the 50 years year of its marriage with the Prince Rainier III, on April 19, 1956. Finding in the Princess Grace the values of solidarity, mutual aid and generosity which it hold has to convey for their evening, it had the idea to turn their evening around the Mode. Lavie Monte Carlo and Jean Paul Benielli of the creators of reputations have ensures the first part of the Show, then the French author Pierre Delanoe has to sing some of his successes then offered has association one among it, Grac, in homage to the Princess. The second part of the procession turned around the behaviours which Grace Kelly carried. A voyage in the master key, which enables us to rediscover the elegance of this actress become Princesse. Prince Albert II A gives his support has these organizing young people while assisting has this exceptionelle evening which will be useful has to come to assistance of the children of Conakry to Guinea. Here, one of the behaviours in homage to the Princess Grace.

from deadline press

xm4k7r.jpg

xm4ljt.jpg

xm4lmq.jpg

xm4lz6.jpg

xm4m5i.jpg

xm4m84.jpg

xm4mds.jpg

xm4mkk.jpg

xm4mra.jpg

xm4or4.jpg

Who is the fellow with the really dark tan? Could it be an old movie star friend of Princess Grace's?

The models are more into Prince Albert then modeling the cloths.This guy is a world class Play boy.When he get married it will be the wedding of the centre.she will be the most admire woman of all.I will be in Monaco my self that day.Paca can i call you then to show me around :)

Last edited:
pama said:
The models are more into Prince Albert then modeling then cloths.

I noticed that also, but I thought it was perhaps just me over analyzing.

Is it just me or does it seem like Albert didn't shave for the bridge photos?

See here

Ann

Suonymona said:
Is it just me or does it seem like Albert didn't shave for the bridge photo

I have the same impression. Maybe he got up too late and didn't have time to shave.:D

Last edited:
There's a documentary made by Thibaut et Faucon which is and will be broadcasted by the german documentary and information channel PHOENIX :

Albert II of Monaco - The unknown prince

He was accompaigned by this film team for the length of about 6 months and gives insight into his and his family's life.

It was broadcasted in France last year. They also talked in an interview in a talkshow about their impressions. It is quite nicely done. Worth watching.

jennifrasure said:
could you please help me with video link. I am not fluent German
There is no video link, you can only see it in german television....

Deadline Press

MONACO LE PRINCE ALBERT II DE MONACO CÉLÈBRE LES 30 ANS DES ACCORDS RAMOGE QUI INSTITUE LA CRÉATION DE LA FLOTTE D'INTERVENTION EN CAS DE POLLUTION EN MÉDITERRANÉE Pour les 30 ans de l'accord Ramoge, le Prince Albert II de Monaco a voulu marquer son attachement aux principes meme de cet accord mis en place le 10 mai 1976 par son pere le Prince Rainier III entre la France, l'Italie et la Principauté en allant sur deux des batiments qui forment la flotte d'intervention sur les cotes mediterraneene lors de pollution volontaire ou involontaire. Il a visite le batiment francais l'Ailette, puis a pu decouvrir le materiel utilisé en cas de pollution, pour finir sur le batiment italien Nave Fiorillo.

xntgsg.jpg
xntgtf.jpg
xntgub.jpg
xntgxw.jpg
xntgyv.jpg
xnth05.jpg
xnth1h.jpg
xnth50.jpg
xnth6a.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back