The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-20-2006, 06:40 PM
Majesty

Deadline Press

Quote:
Monaco RETOUR DU PRINCE ALBERT DE MONACO APRÈS SON EXPEDITION AU POLE NORD Pour son retour apres son expedition au Pole Nord qui l'a conduit sur les traces de son ancetre le Prince Albert 1er, le Prince Albert II de Monaco a eu la surprise d'etre acceuilli sur le tarmac de l'heliport par de jeunes sportifs monegasques venus en nombre, drapeaux rouge et blancs a la main. Un Prince heureux d'avoir rendu hommage a son ancetre, mais un Prince responsable qui a mis l'accent sur le besoin de preserver la planete en lancant un appel a tous les dirigeants afin que son action attire leur attention et leur fasse reellement prendre conscience des dangers qui nous menacent , pollution, l'effet de serre...

Old 04-20-2006, 06:49 PM
Aristocracy

HSH Prince Albert current events part XIX

I agree with Paca and Teense, I feel that Prince Albert has great potential to be a world leader who can make inroads in helping the dispossessed and the marginalized , and in continuing his father's legacy of putting Monaco on the map for technology and other initiatives. Sadly, though in order for him to be taken seriously he need to date intelligent women who know how to act like decent ladies in public. He should not want the other Princes to look down on him because he is dating /or will marry an uneducated unlady like woman. I wish him much happiness and I hope he soon goes sowhere far and fall in love with a woman who the world can respect. He need to take a page out of Frederick and Filippe's book.

Old 04-20-2006, 07:14 PM
Majesty

Abaca Press

Quote:
The Prince Albert II of Monaco attends the opening of 'The Top Marques Monaco 2006' , a luxury cars exhibition held at the Grimaldi Forum, in Monaco, on April 20, 2006. Photo by ABACAUSA.COM (Pictured: Prince Albert II)

Old 04-20-2006, 11:25 PM
Aristocracy

I love the interior of that car. What it is?
Old 04-21-2006, 01:17 AM
Courtier

This was posted about eight times and then eaten.

Look who's this week's PM cover boy.

They must think they're going to make enough money off this to pay for the lawsuit he and Charlene are pressing. :eyeroll:

Ann

PS Albert has definitely lost some weight in his face recently.
Old 04-21-2006, 01:18 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbhrc
Abaca Press

"They're my pinkies and I'll play with them if I want to."
Old 04-21-2006, 06:16 AM
Heir Presumptive

So sweet he had the warm welcome from the kids ....
Old 04-21-2006, 08:22 AM
Heir Presumptive

Albie watching a tennis match ....:)

(sipa)
Old 04-21-2006, 08:29 AM
Heir Presumptive

Here are some more ( think I don't need to post them all) :

http://www.deadline-press.com/fotoweb/en/StoriesContent.fwx?folderid=5001&columns=5&rows=4&search=(IPTC005%20contains%20(DL113129*))&sorting=AlfaNumericAsc

He's having fun taling to his cousin Elisabeth-Ann ...and signing autographs for kids ...

(deadline)
Old 04-21-2006, 11:34 AM
Heir Apparent

MONACO, 19/04/2006
LE RETOUR DU PRINCE ALBERT DE SON EXPEDITION AU POLE NORD
Monaco, April 19th, 2006. Prince Albert is back in Monaco after his expedition in North Pole.
From Belgapic

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,10117,18868368-1702,00.html?from=rss

Prince Albert may go to South Pole
From correspondents in Moscow

April 20, 2006

MONACO'S ruler Prince Albert II, just back from a dogsled journey to the North Pole, is setting his sights on the other end of the world.
Albert reached the North Pole on Sunday after a four-day, 150km journey that started from a Russian Arctic base.
The trip was aimed at drawing attention to concern about global warming and other environmental problems affecting the polar region.
Albert, asked at a news conference today what he aimed to do to continue to promote environmentalist causes, said "maybe, I emphasize maybe, I will make a trip to the South Pole".
Old 04-21-2006, 11:36 AM
Heir Apparent

Monaco's ruler, Prince Albert II gestures at a news conference in Moscow, Wednesday, April 19, 2006. Prince Albert reached the North Pole on Sunday after a four-day dogsled trip to draw attention to the effects of global warming on the Arctic ice cap. He thanked the Russians for their help in the polar expedition.
(AP Photo/Sergey Ponomarev) via yahoo

Prince Albert II of Monaco answers journalists' questions during a news conference in Moscow, 19 April 2006. The Prince reached the North Pole 16 April and issued a warning about the effects of global warming, calling on everyone to make an effort to combat it.
from ANP (AFP PHOTO / ALEXANDER NEMENOV)

Russian President Vladimir Putin (R) shakes hands with Prince Albert II of Monaco during their meeting in the Kremlin.
April 18, 2006
from Corbis
Old 04-21-2006, 12:14 PM
Gentry

A wonderful series of photographs - thanks so much for posting them!
Old 04-21-2006, 12:37 PM
Aristocracy

Thanks for posting !!!!!
Old 04-21-2006, 03:17 PM
Courtier

Is it just me or does Albert's chin seem a little chapped? Its red even when hes indoors.

Ann
Old 04-21-2006, 03:39 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suonymona
Is it just me or does Albert's chin seem a little chapped? Its red even when hes indoors.

Ann
A little...either he rushed shaving or it was the cold in the Arctic.
Old 04-21-2006, 04:40 PM
Gentry

I was thinking wind-burn, but then remembered he was covered up.

I've never noticed this before... the Prince and I have the same glasses. How's that for useless trivia
Old 04-21-2006, 04:48 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura Elizabeth
I was thinking wind-burn, but then remembered he was covered up.

I've never noticed this before... the Prince and I have the same glasses. How's that for useless trivia
Slow news day if this is what we're discussing...
I just really looked at mine...same here...but mine are black.
Old 04-21-2006, 06:03 PM
Courtier

This post got eaten in the chaos:

Look who's on the cover of this week's Paris Match

They must figure they'll sell enough copies to pay off the Charlene lawsuit.

Ann
Old 04-22-2006, 07:36 AM
Aristocracy

The pictures of PA surrounded by school children and enjoying a local tennis match with cousins (I think secretary Lehman may have been in one too) are exactly the kind that PA needs to show his caring, dedicated and jovial side. His PR person should be arranging photos like this. They are warmhearted and wholesome.
I kinda like the whiskers and gray flecks through the hair....
Old 04-22-2006, 08:12 AM
Heir Apparent

Prince Albert II of Monaco watches Roger Federer vs Benjamin Balleret game at the Monte-Carlo Tennis Masters in Monaco , on April 20 , 2006.

photos by Frederic Nebinger for DPA