HSH Prince Albert Current Events 17 : March 2006 - May 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've noticed there are a lot of new people with very strong opinions posting quite a bit. But they seem to be all over the place. For/against CW, for/against PA's handing of such and such, for/against PA's illegitmate children becoming heirs and so forth.

But it is odd how active the monaco boards have been beyond just the usual excitement over a big event (the Rose Ball) and seeing several family members together.

Ann

Suonymona said:
I've noticed there are a lot of new people with very strong opinions posting quite a bit. But they seem to be all over the place. For/against CW, for/against PA's handing of such and such, for/against PA's illegitmate children becoming heirs and so forth.

But it is odd how active the monaco boards have been beyond just the usual excitement over a big event (the Rose Ball) and seeing several family members together.

Ann

Yes, I did notice...and I had a blast at the online ball. We're like one big squabbling family with a more than a few kooky members. :p Had I known it was happening, I would have had my hair done and worn a particular gown that I love one more time. :D Does anyone else notice that this forum gets much more traffic than the others?

It was right before the ball that I found this website. As for this forum, the exchanges have been great, lots of life and opinions. I have really been enjoying it. Hope you don't mind a newbie staying around for a while.

We are like one squabbling family!:) I loved it when I realized that we had so many people logged on to the ball.
I can't wait until the next one. Let's plan it beforehand......We will issue invitations and plan our wardrobes,etc... !!!

maryellen1539 said:
It was right before the ball that I found this website. As for this forum, the exchanges have been great, lots of life and opinions. I have really been enjoying it. Hope you don't mind a newbie staying around for a while.

The more the merrier! Just play nice. :D

http://www.eastbayri.com/story/308120496261523.php

This is the internet link to EastBayRI.com, in Portsmouth. The article is about Mikhail Gorbachev speaking at the Carnegie Abbey Club in Portsmouth, however the last line of the article is:

In August, Prince Albert of Monaco will participate in a weekend honoring Princess Grace.

I would have to ask Andy but I think the highest traffic goes to the Windsor/British boards, however I think Monaco must be in the top three!

Ann

I have not read anything about PA's whereabouts lately! Does anyone
know whats been happening in Monaco? Please tell!

The forums for Monaco are lively, friendly and appear to me to be very open. While the forurms on the other royal households are not. It was very easy for me to make an entry on the Monaco sites. All of you who are "regulars", "old hats", should feel proud that you have created such a welcoming atmosphere.

Mary Ellen

Newscom:
©PHOTOPQR/NICE MATIN/MARC MEHRAN ; MONACO, 01/04/2006 - LE SALON DES VEHICULES ECOLOGIQUES LE PRINCE ALBERT LORS DE LA REMISE DES PRIX A L ENFANT AYANT GAGNE LE CONCOURS DE DESSIN D UN SCOOTER ELECTRIQUE. Monaco, April 1st, 2006. Electric vehicule fair in Monaco, with the Prince Albert
maxphotos014829.jpg
maxphotos014828.jpg
maxphotos014827.jpg

I wonder if Albert still rides a motorcycle?

He did in the 70s and 80s as I recall.

Ann

Beautiful photo's of Albert! Thanks for posting!:)

Newscom

©PHOTOPQR/NICE MATIN/franz chavaroche ; Monaco, 05/04/2006 Le Prince Albert avec de jeunes footballeurs de l'as monaco Monaco, April 5th, 2006. Prince Albert and young soccer players.

t0jexg.jpg

©PHOTOPQR/NICE MATIN/franz chavaroche ; MONACO, 05/04/2006 - LE PRINCE ALBERT II AUJOURD'HUI SUR LA PLACE DU PALAIS UNE ANNEE APRES LE DECES DU PRINCE, SON PERE. Monaco, April 5th, 2006. Prince Albert in front of the Palace a day before the first anniversary of his father, Monaco's Prince, death.

t0jfhc.jpg
t0jfic.jpg
t0jgv4.jpg
t0jgwi.jpg
t0jgxi.jpg
t0jh1f.jpg

PA baptised a ship called MSC Opera yesterday (tuesday) in MC port. He also participated (don't know exact date) in the goodbye dinner in MC yachtclub of M Deslandes.

Paca, Do you know what happened to PA's former aide de camp Thierry Jouan?
He used to be seen in many pictures of PA at special events.

no idea. He might have gotten transferred somewhere else. People often get better paid jobs elsewhere after having held a certain position in MC.

paca
Do you know how the ladies-in-waiting are chosen?
Do Albert Caroline and Stephanie each have their own or is there just one for the palace until Albert has a bride (Grace had her own)?

Ann

As far as I know it is still only Mme Gallico, who was already there when Grace was there (as far as I know). That she would be replaced immediately, I would doubt since she has been there for the family for a long time. But she might then agree to retire due to her age.

paca said:
As far as I know it is still only Mme Gallico, who was already there when Grace was there (as far as I know). That she would be replaced immediately, I would doubt since she has been there for the family for a long time. But she might then agree to retire due to her age.

That's interesting. What does she do, though? Does she only have to work when HRH and HSH are working/staying at the Palace? I would have thought the last Ladies in Waiting would have left or retired when HSH the Princess Grace died.

Totally unrelated topic - the trip: http://monaco.arctic-expedition.mc/wwwpolar.nsf/

Reading the biography of Albert I has me wondering if any books have been published on his career/life. I did some on-line searching of rare, out of print, books and came up with http://dogbert.abebooks.com/servlet...68&searchurl=sts=t&an=Albert+Grimaldi&y=0&x=0. Anyone know of others (hopefully cheaper :D )?

Laura Elizabeth said:
That's interesting. What does she do, though? Does she only have to work when HRH and HSH are working/staying at the Palace? I would have thought the last Ladies in Waiting would have left or retired when HSH the Princess Grace died.
Honestly I have no idea what she actually does. She always shows up at mass ad I remember seeing her console Steph when she broke out in tears at St devote when she was dating Franco (she left before the fireworks the, I don't remember what was going on then, but I suppose she had disagreement with PR at the time, because he didn't pay any attention to her tears and went on with the procession to the barge). But she also accompanyies PA when his sisters aren't there, so I am a bit confused about her actual role since I was always thinking that the lady in waiting was associated to be the female equivalent to the princes chamberlin. Guess I got that wrong ;) :D.

Hopefully the North Pole Weather Cam will be up and running by next week, when Prince Albert and his team make their run for pole. If it is here is the website: http://www.arctic.noaa.gov/gallery_np.html

The camera is used to help NOAA collect data on ice movement, wildlife, weather, and to monitor change. It's also a great website.

Ok, yes I admit, I am a weather junkie.

Germany: Prince Albert of Monaco joins International Paralympic Committee board

"...
Said HSH Prince Albert: "I am delighted to be able to bring my modest contribution to the development of the Paralympic sport and to be an additional link of friendship between the Olympic Movement and the IPC”..."

http://www.bymnews.com/new/content/view/27324/82/

i have a question.. what ever happened to prince alberts son alexandre?? I think it was him I dont see any pictures of his son and all.

Prince Albert current events part X1X page 3

Hi guys, I am a new member, I just want to say hi. I have been visiting this forum for a few months and I like the conversation, so I decide to join. I do hope that Prince Albert finds the true happiness that he longs for, and I hope that he developes a loving fatherly relationship with his one and only son

bsb05---I guess its ok for me to direct you. Some time back several posters made the same inquiry. So go to Alexandre & Nicole Current Events II in December you'll many pixs.

Other than some papparazzi shots last year, Nicole and Eric Alexandre have been keeping a low profile. Nicole may have realized the danger he faces (I am sure there are many who would harm the child) and is keeping him better shielded.

Like Neat wrote, their current events thread is the best place to look. I sincerely doubt there will be more pictures of Albert and son together released publicly.

Ann

Does anyone know if PA will be back till this Sunday for the final of the MC Masters Series? Does he attend the final every year?

cro girl said:
Does anyone know if PA will be back till this Sunday for the final of the MC Masters Series? Does he attend the final every year?

I think I read online that he is due back on the 20th...So he potentially could go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom