The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2006, 04:03 AM
Nobility

I agree, he has really sort of set himself up. Mostly by saying he would marry after his father died. That's like turning to a herd of wanna be princesses and saying......catch me if you can.....

I also think that since he knows the media interest in his personal life, he should have known what would happen if pictures of him and CW got out at the olympic games. He's a single man and he is allowed to date, dine and bed as many women as he likes. But as a member of the IOC, he probably should have known better than to create a such a tempting distraction from the games. Then for him to blame it on the media, like a surprise or something? It's getting old IMO.

Old 03-12-2006, 03:17 PM
Gentry

I'd read a news from Togo that Togo people put curse into P. Albert because they want Alexandre to be prince but Monaco denied.

So..Grimaldi family has 1 curse and P. Albert has 1 curse.

Old 03-12-2006, 04:03 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriwadee
I'd read a news from Togo that Togo people put curse into P. Albert because they want Alexandre to be prince but Monaco denied.

where did you read this?
Old 03-12-2006, 04:09 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriwadee

Then they should put a curse on all the other royal families who don't recognize their illegimate children in the line of succession. I mean really. Is Alexandre supposed to get special treatment because he is black? Please.
Old 03-12-2006, 06:13 PM
Aristocracy

I wonder if anybody heard about this: in today newspaper it was written that PA instructed that a committee would be formed and headed by the president of the jewish comunity in monaco, Fernand Levi .
the commity is supposed to investigate and to look for property that was stolen from jews during WW2, it was also written that PA hinted in intervies to the media in monaco that his goverment would consider compensating the victims.
sources at the israeli foreign ministry said that this is a breakthrough in the treatment of monaco princes to the jews and that during Prince Rainier reign there was complete disregard to the injustices done to the jews in WW2.

I hope that I translated everything correctly, it is always a shock to see anything monaco related in israeli newspapers, I'm glad that I chose to read the newspaper today:) most of the times it's just too depressing... but not today!

Tamar:)
Old 03-12-2006, 07:08 PM
Serene Highness

There was recently an article in the local paper about money and/or jewellery that has disappeared in an MC bank belonging to a jewish family.(lawsuit has been running on for years) I don't recall the whole story but this might be the case referred to. I was wondering what PA would do about it. Now we know. thanks tamarindi.
Old 03-12-2006, 07:24 PM
Aristocracy

Paca, thank you for answering!

BTW I posted the Paris Match interview of CW in the WIFE thread.

Tamar:)
Old 03-12-2006, 07:29 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by paca
There was recently an article in the local paper about money and/or jewellery that has disappeared in an MC bank belonging to a jewish family.(lawsuit has been running on for years) I don't recall the whole story but this might be the case referred to. I was wondering what PA would do about it. Now we know. thanks tamarindi.
That is excellent news! It seems that PA is doing exactly what he said he would do back in July.
Old 03-13-2006, 01:22 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by leahteresa
I think your reading a bit much into his willingness to put his arm around women for photographers. I do not think you can assertain much about his character, aside from assigning qualilties you would like for him to have. My remark was simply one of impression. I do not put my arm around my friends' husbands for pictures, it's perfectly fine to stand next to someone and smile.
I am not going to argue with you Leahteresa, but I know WHAT I CAN and WHAT I CANNOT, so please allow me to have my own opinion and to be assertain in those things in which I am quite sure. I need not know some people for many long years personally, it's enough just a short glance so that to understand what his/her personality is. My main sense is the 6th Sense!
Old 03-13-2006, 06:14 AM
Nobility

http://fr.news.yahoo.com/11032006/20...marier-un.html

i found it today..
Old 03-13-2006, 07:41 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatrice
I imagine HOW MUCH he is fed up with all these rumors if decided to give some comments, though suppose that he should be wiser and more careful with the "wind of freedom and inner relief". It would be better to think twice before his every public appearance...It's too evident that he is in great need of good woman' hand
Old 03-13-2006, 08:09 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by paca
Seems like PA is trying to do the stand up thing by righting a past wrong...On another note, does anyone know or heard of what plans PA has for his upcoming birthday?
Old 03-13-2006, 08:57 AM
Serene Highness

Private party he said. With Rainier it was a custom that he would appear for the change of the guards (although he hated birthdays and said that it is sth that should only be celebrated by children), but who knows what PA will do.
Old 03-13-2006, 09:07 AM
Serene Highness

I'm struggling a bit with the translation of this phrase. I understand what they asked him, but I need help with his reply:

A une question du journal se faisant l'écho de rumeurs selon lesquelles sa nouvelle compagne, la nageuse sud-africaine Charlene Wittstock, serait une candidate au mariage, le prince Albert II a répondu: "ce qu'on écrit (ndlr: à ce sujet) ne m'intéresse pas".

Was his reponse to them that whatever people write about him doesn't interest him?
Old 03-13-2006, 09:40 AM
Nobility

That's right ! He doesn't care about what is written in the papers !
Old 03-13-2006, 09:55 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurberryBrit
I'm struggling a bit with the translation of this phrase. I understand what they asked him, but I need help with his reply:

A une question du journal se faisant l'écho de rumeurs selon lesquelles sa nouvelle compagne, la nageuse sud-africaine Charlene Wittstock, serait une candidate au mariage, le prince Albert II a répondu: "ce qu'on écrit (ndlr: à ce sujet) ne m'intéresse pas".

Was his reponse to them that whatever people write about him doesn't interest him?
Translation
Quote:
With a question of the newspaper having the echo of rumours according to which his/her new partner, nageuse South-African Charlene Wittstock, would be a candidate with the marriage, the prince Albert II answered: "what one writes (note: on this subject) does not interest me ".
Its pretty specific on all the talk about Charlene does not interest him. What people dont see and the press doesnt care about is the more you push someone the more stubborn they get and the same applies to any woman pushing a man for marriage. He made it clear he does want to marry when the time and the woman is right for him. What I have said all along and I know he will.
Old 03-13-2006, 09:56 AM
Serene Highness

Merci assia. :)
Old 03-13-2006, 02:22 PM
Aristocracy

Well here is my two cents...:)

I am glad Albert gave that interview. Now people can move on and stop speculating and assuming information that have no merit. How many times do we have to go down this road? How many times does PA have to say: “I WILL GET MARRIED WHEN I AM READY”! Stop insisting the time is now for PA to get married. When the time is right he’ll make the decision, not anyone else, there will be a royal official announcement. It will never come from the sleazy tabloids, they are all about SALES!

Moving on to something refreshing concerning PA... :)
Old 03-13-2006, 02:40 PM
Aristocracy

Libello:

http://www.libello.com/pages/actu/ac...Cat=0&home=yes

google translation:

Monday 13 Mars 2006
Albert II receipt by Prince Charles
Whereas the Principality celebrated the women for their international day, the Prince Albert II went to London. Meet with Prince Charles and his wife, reception for charity and go business, a stay filled well!

By Nathalie Orvoën

Prince Albert, le Prince Charles et la Duchesse de Cornouailles
©Palais Princier 2006 ");
Prince Albert, Prince Charles and the Duchess of Cornouailles
Diplomatic contacts, relational, reception, exchanges, the Prince Albert II n’a of cease to represent and make live its country throughout the world. After having received much in February in Principality (see our heading Files), c’est this time the Prince who s’est moved for a two days stay in London. Arrived on 8 March accompanied by Jean-Luc Allavena, Director of the Princely Cabinet, Robert Calcagno, Adviser with the Princely Cabinet and of the Lieutenant-colonel Bruno Philipponnat, Responsible for Mission to the Service d’Honnor, the Prince was accomodated by the Consul from Monaco in London, Ivan Bbozidar Ivanovic. First stage of this London visit Whitehall banqueting hall where the Prince chaired with the Countess of Wessex, marries of Prince Edward, a dinner of Official reception to the British profit of l’association "ChildLine" and "Mission Childhood" an association Monegasque. One evening which made it possible to collect 1 373 000 Euros which will in particular make it possible to d’intervenir in Arménie in the area of Gumri touched hard by the earthquake of 1988.
Prince Albert et Jack Straw
©Palais Princier 2006"); Prince Albert and Jack Straw

Business At first
The following day, c’est in Ritz which the Prince chaired an economic presentation of the Principality organized by the Government and l’association Monegasque of banks. After the lunch where was invited about fifty personalities of the business world and finance, Albert II s’est returned in Foreign Office for an interview with Jack Straw, British Ministre for the Foreign Affairs. During this maintenance, the two men approached the reinforcement of the diplomatic relations with nearest l’accreditation in Principality d’un Ambassadeur of Great Britain. Decision which wants to be logical since with 2 000 residents the United Kingdom represents the third nationality with living in Principality, after France and l’Italie. An embassy which would allow d’accroître the co-operation between the administrations with for objectives facilitating the steps relating to the visas, with the work permits for the Monegasques thus qu’un reciprocal d’échange project civils servant within the framework of their continuing education. The economic shutter was also with l’ordre day and more particularly the development of the money market Monegasque. The end d’après-midday was devoted to a visit deprived to Prince Charles and to his wife, the Duchess of Cornouailles, in their residence of Clarence House.
Old 03-13-2006, 04:07 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynda
Well here is my two cents...:)

I am glad Albert gave that interview. Now people can move on and stop speculating and assuming information that have no merit. How many times do we have to go down this road? How many times does PA have to say: “I WILL GET MARRIED WHEN I AM READY”! Stop insisting the time is now for PA to get married. :)
Can I take you to family functions to do my PR?