HSH Prince Albert Current Events 16: Feb.2006 - March 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, he has really sort of set himself up. Mostly by saying he would marry after his father died. That's like turning to a herd of wanna be princesses and saying......catch me if you can.....

I also think that since he knows the media interest in his personal life, he should have known what would happen if pictures of him and CW got out at the olympic games. He's a single man and he is allowed to date, dine and bed as many women as he likes. But as a member of the IOC, he probably should have known better than to create a such a tempting distraction from the games. Then for him to blame it on the media, like a surprise or something? It's getting old IMO.

I'd read a news from Togo that Togo people put curse into P. Albert because they want Alexandre to be prince but Monaco denied.

So..Grimaldi family has 1 curse and P. Albert has 1 curse.

sriwadee said:
I'd read a news from Togo that Togo people put curse into P. Albert because they want Alexandre to be prince but Monaco denied.

where did you read this?

sriwadee said:

Then they should put a curse on all the other royal families who don't recognize their illegimate children in the line of succession. I mean really. Is Alexandre supposed to get special treatment because he is black? Please.

I wonder if anybody heard about this: in today newspaper it was written that PA instructed that a committee would be formed and headed by the president of the jewish comunity in monaco, Fernand Levi .
the commity is supposed to investigate and to look for property that was stolen from jews during WW2, it was also written that PA hinted in intervies to the media in monaco that his goverment would consider compensating the victims.
sources at the israeli foreign ministry said that this is a breakthrough in the treatment of monaco princes to the jews and that during Prince Rainier reign there was complete disregard to the injustices done to the jews in WW2.

I hope that I translated everything correctly, it is always a shock to see anything monaco related in israeli newspapers, I'm glad that I chose to read the newspaper today:) most of the times it's just too depressing... but not today!

Tamar:)

There was recently an article in the local paper about money and/or jewellery that has disappeared in an MC bank belonging to a jewish family.(lawsuit has been running on for years) I don't recall the whole story but this might be the case referred to. I was wondering what PA would do about it. Now we know. thanks tamarindi.

Paca, thank you for answering!

BTW I posted the Paris Match interview of CW in the WIFE thread.

Tamar:)

paca said:
There was recently an article in the local paper about money and/or jewellery that has disappeared in an MC bank belonging to a jewish family.(lawsuit has been running on for years) I don't recall the whole story but this might be the case referred to. I was wondering what PA would do about it. Now we know. thanks tamarindi.

That is excellent news! It seems that PA is doing exactly what he said he would do back in July.

leahteresa said:
I think your reading a bit much into his willingness to put his arm around women for photographers. I do not think you can assertain much about his character, aside from assigning qualilties you would like for him to have. My remark was simply one of impression. I do not put my arm around my friends' husbands for pictures, it's perfectly fine to stand next to someone and smile.

I am not going to argue with you Leahteresa, but I know WHAT I CAN and WHAT I CANNOT, so please allow me to have my own opinion and to be assertain in those things in which I am quite sure. I need not know some people for many long years personally, it's enough just a short glance so that to understand what his/her personality is. My main sense is the 6th Sense! ;)

paca said:

Seems like PA is trying to do the stand up thing by righting a past wrong...On another note, does anyone know or heard of what plans PA has for his upcoming birthday?

Private party he said. With Rainier it was a custom that he would appear for the change of the guards (although he hated birthdays and said that it is sth that should only be celebrated by children), but who knows what PA will do.

I'm struggling a bit with the translation of this phrase. I understand what they asked him, but I need help with his reply:

[SIZE=-1]A une question du journal se faisant l'écho de rumeurs selon lesquelles sa nouvelle compagne, la nageuse sud-africaine Charlene Wittstock, serait une candidate au mariage, le prince Albert II a répondu: "ce qu'on écrit (ndlr: à ce sujet) ne m'intéresse pas".

Was his reponse to them that whatever people write about him doesn't interest him?
[/SIZE]

That's right ! He doesn't care about what is written in the papers !

BurberryBrit said:
I'm struggling a bit with the translation of this phrase. I understand what they asked him, but I need help with his reply:

[SIZE=-1]A une question du journal se faisant l'écho de rumeurs selon lesquelles sa nouvelle compagne, la nageuse sud-africaine Charlene Wittstock, serait une candidate au mariage, le prince Albert II a répondu: "ce qu'on écrit (ndlr: à ce sujet) ne m'intéresse pas".

Was his reponse to them that whatever people write about him doesn't interest him?
[/SIZE]
Translation
With a question of the newspaper having the echo of rumours according to which his/her new partner, nageuse South-African Charlene Wittstock, would be a candidate with the marriage, the prince Albert II answered: "what one writes (note: on this subject) does not interest me ".
Its pretty specific on all the talk about Charlene does not interest him. What people dont see and the press doesnt care about is the more you push someone the more stubborn they get and the same applies to any woman pushing a man for marriage. He made it clear he does want to marry when the time and the woman is right for him. What I have said all along and I know he will.

Well here is my two cents...:)

I am glad Albert gave that interview. Now people can move on and stop speculating and assuming information that have no merit. How many times do we have to go down this road? How many times does PA have to say: “I WILL GET MARRIED WHEN I AM READY”! Stop insisting the time is now for PA to get married. When the time is right he’ll make the decision, not anyone else, there will be a royal official announcement. It will never come from the sleazy tabloids, they are all about SALES!

Moving on to something refreshing concerning PA... :)

Libello:
PrinceCharlesbis.jpg
PrinceStrawbis.jpg

http://www.libello.com/pages/actu/actu_article.jsp?idArt=4423&idCat=0&home=yes

google translation:

Monday 13 Mars 2006
Albert II receipt by Prince Charles
Whereas the Principality celebrated the women for their international day, the Prince Albert II went to London. Meet with Prince Charles and his wife, reception for charity and go business, a stay filled well!

By Nathalie Orvoën

Prince Albert, le Prince Charles et la Duchesse de Cornouailles
©Palais Princier 2006 ");
Prince Albert, Prince Charles and the Duchess of Cornouailles
Diplomatic contacts, relational, reception, exchanges, the Prince Albert II n’a of cease to represent and make live its country throughout the world. After having received much in February in Principality (see our heading Files), c’est this time the Prince who s’est moved for a two days stay in London. Arrived on 8 March accompanied by Jean-Luc Allavena, Director of the Princely Cabinet, Robert Calcagno, Adviser with the Princely Cabinet and of the Lieutenant-colonel Bruno Philipponnat, Responsible for Mission to the Service d’Honnor, the Prince was accomodated by the Consul from Monaco in London, Ivan Bbozidar Ivanovic. First stage of this London visit Whitehall banqueting hall where the Prince chaired with the Countess of Wessex, marries of Prince Edward, a dinner of Official reception to the British profit of l’association "ChildLine" and "Mission Childhood" an association Monegasque. One evening which made it possible to collect 1 373 000 Euros which will in particular make it possible to d’intervenir in Arménie in the area of Gumri touched hard by the earthquake of 1988.
Prince Albert et Jack Straw
©Palais Princier 2006"); Prince Albert and Jack Straw

Business At first
The following day, c’est in Ritz which the Prince chaired an economic presentation of the Principality organized by the Government and l’association Monegasque of banks. After the lunch where was invited about fifty personalities of the business world and finance, Albert II s’est returned in Foreign Office for an interview with Jack Straw, British Ministre for the Foreign Affairs. During this maintenance, the two men approached the reinforcement of the diplomatic relations with nearest l’accreditation in Principality d’un Ambassadeur of Great Britain. Decision which wants to be logical since with 2 000 residents the United Kingdom represents the third nationality with living in Principality, after France and l’Italie. An embassy which would allow d’accroître the co-operation between the administrations with for objectives facilitating the steps relating to the visas, with the work permits for the Monegasques thus qu’un reciprocal d’échange project civils servant within the framework of their continuing education. The economic shutter was also with l’ordre day and more particularly the development of the money market Monegasque. The end d’après-midday was devoted to a visit deprived to Prince Charles and to his wife, the Duchess of Cornouailles, in their residence of Clarence House.

Last edited:
lynda said:

I am glad Albert gave that interview. Now people can move on and stop speculating and assuming information that have no merit. How many times do we have to go down this road? How many times does PA have to say: “I WILL GET MARRIED WHEN I AM READY”! Stop insisting the time is now for PA to get married. :)

Can I take you to family functions to do my PR? :D

Ha, funny..

Yeah, I don't really get the "doesn't interest me" comment either. It's like saying no comment and none of your business. I personally think CW got dumped then decided to do some image repair work with her interview. She just disappeared too fast and I thought her comments were too personal.

lynda said:

I am glad Albert gave that interview. Now people can move on and stop speculating and assuming information that have no merit. How many times do we have to go down this road? How many times does PA have to say: “I WILL GET MARRIED WHEN I AM READY”! Stop insisting the time is now for PA to get married. When the time is right he’ll make the decision, not anyone else, there will be a royal official announcement. It will never come from the sleazy tabloids, they are all about SALES!

Moving on to something refreshing concerning PA... :)
Thank you. First he was gay and a womanizer because he was having fun depending on who was saying it. Let me point out something no man can womanize a non willing female who wants to party with him. Unless of course someone wants to say he is raping all these woman but might be a problem with that one. To many are kissing and telling the press he isn't. He has only verified he has had intercourse with two woman Nicole Coste and Tamara Rotolo. The only way it hit the press is the woman did the talking and he was forced to respond. For me that says a lot that he isn't like many men who kiss and tell. Maybe they need to design voice mussels to keep woman quiet. And bring chastity belts back as well. My Jewish ancestors use to take woman out and stone the females to death who weren't found to be virgins on their wedding beds. If you never heard of it and think I am kidding get out you Bibles from The Five Books of Moses Deuterogamy 22:13-22. That was a harsh punishment based on a man's word and we now know that not all females are born with hymens as well as many other factors which might have caused it to not happen and killed a virgin bride but it was how it was. With abortions legal, birth control pills so easily available as well as all the other birth control methods in the last 30 years its easy to have sex and not get pregnant. Men are no longer forced to marry a woman to get it and have a family. What happened to the institution of marriage? Honestly females as long as you will lay down for men why should they buy the cow if they get the milk free? You would think with all the STD's in today's society spreading as they are you would want to keep the legs together and be ladies more than ever before. Make love not war use to be the hippy thing to say.

Albert will marry when he has the right woman, is in love and feels she will be able to handle what lays ahead for her.

LadyMacAlpine said:
Thank you. First he was gay and a womanizer because he was having fun depending on who was saying it. Let me point out something no man can womanize a non willing female who wants to party with him. Unless of course someone wants to say he is raping all these woman but might be a problem with that one. To many are kissing and telling the press he isn't. He has only verified he has had intercourse with two woman Nicole Coste and Tamara Rotolo. The only way it hit the press is the woman did the talking and he was forced to respond. For me that says a lot that he isn't like many men who kiss and tell. Maybe they need to design voice mussels to keep woman quiet. And bring chastity belts back as well. My Jewish ancestors use to take woman out and stone the females to death who weren't found to be virgins on their wedding beds. If you never heard of it and think I am kidding get out you Bibles from The Five Books of Moses Deuterogamy 22:13-22. That was a harsh punishment based on a man's word and we now know that not all females are born with hymens as well as many other factors which might have caused it to not happen and killed a virgin bride but it was how it was. With abortions legal, birth control pills so easily available as well as all the other birth control methods in the last 30 years its easy to have sex and not get pregnant. Men are no longer forced to marry a woman to get it and have a family. What happened to the institution of marriage? Honestly females as long as you will lay down for men why should they buy the cow if they get the milk free? You would think with all the STD's in today's society spreading as they are you would want to keep the legs together and be ladies more than ever before. Make love not war use to be the hippy thing to say.

Albert will marry when he has the right woman, is in love and feels she will be able to handle what lays ahead for her.
Ah, the old days. As much as women wanted (and got) liberation and the right to sleep around, I think the whole chastity thing was for our protection and not meant to be oppressive. Just my opinion. Stoning aside, I'm all for bringing back a certain level of self respect where women and sex are concerned. But, I doubt times will ever be like that again.

IMO, women who make it easy for men to sleep (like on the first date :eek: ) with them and run make it harder for men to commit. Why settle down with one woman who "holds out" when he can have several who "put out?" But I have hope. . .

Last edited:
leahteresa said:
Ha, funny..

Yeah, I don't really get the "doesn't interest me" comment either. It's like saying no comment and none of your business. I personally think CW got dumped then decided to do some image repair work with her interview. She just disappeared too fast and I thought her comments were too personal.
I think he was saying just that none of your business as he has all along in different words. Who said she was dumped? Does anyone know why she left? NO. It could have been planned from the start how long she would be there due to her training. No one knows.

Um, thanks to CW...we can reasonably state he's slept with at least three women...um, four -- the German model that claimed he's the father of her kid... He's a grown man...I don't want to go down this road...too depressing.

What's the story with the German model? Someone other than TR?

BurberryBrit said:
What's the story with the German model? Someone other than TR?

There was another woman in the 90's, Karen Mulder I believe, who claimed that PA fathered her child. He did do a DNA test to disprove that claim. Also, she's not the most stable unit around...

pinklady1991 said:
Um, thanks to CW...we can reasonably state he's slept with at least three women...um, four -- the German model that claimed he's the father of her kid... He's a grown man...I don't want to go down this road...too depressing.
Wasn't the report saying it was a 2 two bedroom suite? Generally you only have a one bedroom if you are having sex. I didn't hear Albert say I am having sex with this woman. Correct me if that is wrong. You are all assuming based on his reputation as a playboy they had sex and her statements. Again NOT HIS so I stand by my post only 2 claims have been confirmed by him the rest is assumptions. As far as the German model Bea her word was he fathered her son etc. Now DNA testing proved she was a lair what do you want to believe? Karen claimed he raped her and later it too was found to be false she was mentally ill.

CW made a comment about Turin being the perfect place for "lovers" on a romantic holiday...
Maybe that led people to jump to the assumption that she was a lover...
Everyone has a different definition about what a "Lover" is.....

Last edited:
teense said:
CW made a comment about Turin being the perfect place for "lovers" on a romantic holiday...
Maybe that led people to jump to the assumption that she was a lover...
Everyone has a different definition about what a "Lover" is.....

True...but you also have to add her behaviour into the equation. And while I'd like to believe she was staying in the second bedroom, it may have been that they just gave PA the largest suite. In any case, they are both consenting adults and certain assumptions will be made and CW did nothing to dispel them and as much as I admire PA, I still believe that he didn't take her away for a week's vacation to just hold hands. He's a guy...

Anyhoo, enough of that...to our European friends, much has been written here in the States about rising anti-Semitism in the Muslim community. Do you think that PA's initimations of investigating Holocaust claims will enflame that feeling? What is the current feeling in your corner of the world? I remember this was a hot topic when I was a student in Paris in the early 90's... Any thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom