HSH Prince Albert Current Events 15 : Jan.2006 - Feb.2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My thinking was that an intelligent woman would be able to cope if Albert were to stray, and she would be better equipped to dive into her work and keep her reputation intact, whereas someone who doesn't quite have her head on straight, would dive head first into partying, or putting herself in the media as revenge, doing what she feels she can to garner attention for herself and embarrass Albert in the process. We've already seen how well that works.

Laviollette said:
Also do you think Alicia Warlick never made it down the isle with PA because of his womanizing?

I would bet on that! A suspicion on my part, but I think at some point she discovered how much of a player he was, and probably confronted him over it. The rest is history...she just faded from view and he went on to the next.

pinklady1991 said:
Methinks the lady doth talk too much... I can't wait to get my hands on the Point de Vue article when it arrives in the States next week.

I agree. I wonder, since she's doing all the talking, has it been this way in the past? Does he usually keep mum on his relationships or does he usually make a statement about who he is currently dating? Because if his behaviour has changed, maybe there's a reason behind it. . .

Bunkycat said:
My thinking was that an intelligent woman would be able to cope if Albert were to stray, and she would be better equipped to dive into her work and keep her reputation intact...
But I don't think an intelligent woman would go near him knowing that he is certain to stray. He has no personal morality. Also, why would she have to worry about her reputation when he is the one out there publicly humiliating her by having affairs with his usual bimbos? :mad: Obviously AW knew she'd better not marry him. Remember what happened to Lady Di. I think AW knew she was in for years of heartache and public humiliation. :(

Bunkycat said:
I would bet on that! A suspicion on my part, but I think at some point she discovered how much of a player he was, and probably confronted him over it. The rest is history...she just faded from view and he went on to the next.
Oh well follow the crowd speaking of Alicia who I posted a photo of in http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f13/albert-friends-903.html plus put in my two cents. It was said somewhere I don't recall where all the talk of Albert's pending engagement to her to be announced on his birthday caused a statement to be made there would be no engagement Albert was not in love with Alicia. Unless you are just friends hanging around that long with nothing can hurt.

Albert was open about Mary Wyatt being the one that got away he wanted to marry. It's been my understanding it was the press that had a hand in the break up. Must be the one Charlene was talking about he mentioned. Could be he is trying to find another like her in dating swimmers. Would have put my radar up if a man told me what she said Albert did to her on the first meeting. I am posting Mary's information in his friend thread to view.

LadyMacAlpine said:
Oh well follow the crowd speaking of Alicia who I posted a photo of in http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f13/albert-friends-903.html plus put in my two cents. It was said somewhere I don't recall where all the talk of Albert's pending engagement to her to be announced on his birthday caused a statement to be made there would be no engagement Albert was not in love with Alicia. Unless you are just friends hanging around that long with nothing can hurt.

Albert was open about Mary Wyatt being the one that got away he wanted to marry. It's been my understanding it was the press that had a hand in the break up. Must be the one Charlene was talking about he mentioned. Could be he is trying to find another like her in dating swimmers. Would have put my radar up if a man told me what she said Albert did to her on the first meeting. I am posting Mary's information in his friend thread to view.
All those women! Of perhaps hundreds of women he's dated, it was only Mary Wayte who he truly loved? How do we know if she hadn't broken it off first that he wouldn't have dumped her too?

Laviollette said:
All those women! Of perhaps hundreds of women he's dated, it was only Mary Wayte who he truly loved? How do we know if she hadn't broken it off first that he wouldn't have dumped her too?
Did you read the other thread? Have you ever read up on them or paid attention to what Albert himself said about her? Its in print.

LadyMacAlpine said:
Did you read the other thread? Have you ever read up on them or paid attention to what Albert himself said about her? Its in print.
I don't doubt he loved her but that doesn't excuse him for years and years of womanizing, which hurts women. And yes, after all those women and the way he moves from one to the next to the next, I do question how sincere he is when talking about MW. It's only natural. He might be sincere, he probably is, but there is doubt because of his history with women.

I will be looking to see how Charlene is treated and how this "relationship" develops. Is it acceptable for a 47-year-old man to charm and lead on a 28-year-old woman and not have good intentions towards a meaningful, lasting relationship? I think not. I'm going to be watching to see how sincere the PDA's these past days turn out to be. It matters how a man treats women in private. It goes straight to his character.

Wow...lots of posts tonight. I agree with LadyM...CW is definitely marking her territory. This woman doesn't want to be liked; she wants to be reckoned with. I don't think CW is suitable as a potential princess; perhaps she really cares for him, but right now she cares more for the media attention she is getting. In one photo on this link, PA is looking at the action in the arena, CW has his head against his shoulder looking directly at the camera. If she puts her claws in to deeply, I have a gut feeling that PA will run. She is the only person talking to the media but we don't know if it's only on her own publicist's advice and/or with PA's blessing. If she is talking without his knowing, revealing details of their personal affairs (pardon the pun), she will fade quickly. IMO, Albert will not take kindly to being overshadowed by a consort or be seen to be manipulated by another woman as he was with Nicole.

I had heard that PA had proposed to Alicia but that she refused. I don't know why. Same with Mary Wayte. Most of the women who were put forth as potential princesses by the press seem to fade. Perhaps PA doesn't want the media picking his spouse. If he truly had his heart broken by Mary or another, I can understand the womanizing. Having been in a similar situation, you often idealize the person you lost and others can't really compare or you feel like you are betraying someone or something even if the other person has moved on.

Is it acceptable for a 47-year-old man to charm and lead on a 28-year-old woman

here a another question; what would a 28 yr old have in common with a 47yr old? if he wasnt a prince or rich would she give him the time of day? imo, i dont think so.

Even putting aside CW and whether she is suitable or not, what about the train load of women PA has gone through? And if CW is so unsuitable, why is he even with her? Shouldn't he take responsibility for never learning his lesson and continuing to let these "unsuitable" women in his life? Prince William isn't cavorting with an assortment of unsuitables.

maybe prince william was brought up in a different type of home life or maybe prince william is comfortable about who he is and what he stands for?

Paca,

I read over at F-I MB that PA has already told the people of Monaco that he will soon have a family? Can you confirm this? Thus, if we take the past few days ito consideration, then an announcement is forthcoming? Just curious as to why the press hasn't pestered PA's press office as they did with Alicia Warlick. You know, the press kept asking and asking if there's an announcment on PA's birthday and the press office actually and officially released a statement denying a forthcoming marriage between PA and AW.

Thanks!

I have to agree with you semisquare, if PA did not have the title, the fame and the bank account to go with it, there is no way he would get the kind of dates he does. That is just a fact. He was ok many years ago but now lets face it, age is catching up.

I can't comment on whether it is true love or not but whatever it is or turns out be, Charlene Wittstock has definitely got a lot of publicity out of it. It seems that she is the most talked about person at the Winter Olympics.

I had never heard of her before, I admit that I am not a huge sports fan but we do have a few swimmers over here who make the news (ie, Penny Heyns, Roland Schoeman, Ryk Neethling)

I do love weddings though so I suppose we have to wait and see.:)

getty:

Turin, ITALY: Prince Albert of Monaco is all smiles after remitting the medals in the Snowboard Cross event to gold medal winner Seth Wescott from the USA, silver medal winner Radoslav Zidek from Slovakia and Paul-Henri Delerue from France 16 February, 2006 in Turin, Italy. AFP PHOTO JEAN-PIERRE CLATOT (Photo credit should read JEAN-PIERRE CLATOT/AFP/Getty Images)

Attachments

• 56864957.jpg
    56864957.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 279
  • 56864949.jpg
    56864949.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 237
semisquare said:
here a another question; what would a 28 yr old have in common with a 47yr old? if he wasnt a prince or rich would she give him the time of day? imo, i dont think so.

I think it depends. Some women simply like older men. Older men are usually (emphasis on usually not always) more settled, know more about the world and what they want. I think it's because they've learned from the mistakes they made when they were younger. I am attracted to some older men, but I personally don't find PA attractive.

jabilo said:
I have to agree with you semisquare, if PA did not have the title, the fame and the bank account to go with it, there is no way he would get the kind of dates he does. That is just a fact. He was ok many years ago but now lets face it, age is catching up.

I agree. His looks are ok, but he would look better with hair. . .

Gold medallist Seth Wescott of the U.S. (2nd L) celebrates with silver medallist Radoslav Zidek of Slovakia (2nd R) after receiving their medals for the men's snowboard cross event, watched by medal presenter Prince Albert II of Monaco (L) and a medal carrier at the Torino 2006 Winter Olympic Games in Turin, Italy, February 16, 2006.

REUTERS/Laszlo Balogh via yahoo

nybqkp.jpg

GETTY:

Sestriere, ITALY: Prince Albert of Monaco waves his flag 18 February, 2006 during the Men's Super-G in Sestriere Borgota, Italy, cheering for Monaco's athlete Olivier Jenot who clocked 1:37.03 to place 48th. The Turin 2006 Winter Olympics Alpine Skiing competitions are held between 12-25 February and yield five medal events for both men and ladies. AFP PHOTO THOMAS COEX (Photo credit should read THOMAS COEX/AFP/Getty Images)

Attachments

• 56878268.jpg
    56878268.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 269
  • 56878980.jpg
    56878980.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 191
  • 56878982.jpg
    56878982.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 189
  • 56878988.jpg
    56878988.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 200
  • 56878997.jpg
    56878997.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 148
  • 56878998.jpg
    56878998.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 205
  • 56879000.jpg
    56879000.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 191
  • 56879002.jpg
    56879002.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 228
  • 56879084.jpg
    56879084.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 178
  • 56879087.jpg
    56879087.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 199
getty:

CESANA PARIOL, ITALY: Prince Albert of Monaco tips his hat at a spectator as he watches the two-man bobsleigh heat one at the Turin 2006 Winter Olympic Games, 18 February 2006 in Cesana Pariol. AFP PHOTO/ERIC FEFERBERG (Photo credit should read ERIC FEFERBERG/AFP/Getty Images)

Attachments

• 56879549.jpg
    56879549.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 209
  • 56879564.jpg
    56879564.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 156
  • 56879574.jpg
    56879574.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 195
Abaca Press:
Prince Albert II of Monaco attends the 2006 Winter Olympics Men's Super-G race held in Sestriere Borgata, Italy on February 18, 2006. He supports Monaco's athletes, Olivier Jenot arrived at 48th place, before to lose his flag.

Attachments

• 462663.jpeg
    462663.jpeg
    129.1 KB · Views: 189
  • 462664.jpeg
    462664.jpeg
    117 KB · Views: 169
  • 462665.jpeg
    462665.jpeg
    147.5 KB · Views: 186
  • 462666.jpeg
    462666.jpeg
    140.1 KB · Views: 196
  • 462667.jpeg
    462667.jpeg
    148.1 KB · Views: 184
  • 462668.jpeg
    462668.jpeg
    148 KB · Views: 149
  • 462669.jpeg
    462669.jpeg
    154.3 KB · Views: 243
  • 462670.jpeg
    462670.jpeg
    133 KB · Views: 163
  • 462671.jpeg
    462671.jpeg
    157.1 KB · Views: 187
  • 462672.jpeg
    462672.jpeg
    145.4 KB · Views: 228
More from Abaca Press:

Attachments

• 462673.jpeg
    462673.jpeg
    139.5 KB · Views: 251
  • 462674.jpeg
    462674.jpeg
    148.7 KB · Views: 186
  • 462676.jpeg
    462676.jpeg
    143.7 KB · Views: 185
  • 462677.jpeg
    462677.jpeg
    137.6 KB · Views: 140
  • 462678.jpeg
    462678.jpeg
    140.1 KB · Views: 134
  • 462679.jpeg
    462679.jpeg
    140.7 KB · Views: 195
  • 462680.jpeg
    462680.jpeg
    137.3 KB · Views: 156
Who is the woman he is about to kiss? The hair is too dark to be CW?

Prince Albert of Monaco Takes Pole Position

Prince Albert of Monaco Takes Pole Position

NewswireToday - /newswire/ - Guildford, UK, 02/21/2006 -
Less than a year after succeeding to the throne, Prince Albert of Monaco is swapping the luxury of his palace for the wilds of the North Pole to highlight global warming.

More used to Grand Prix cars than dog sleighs, Monaco’s Prince Albert’s forthcoming trek to the North Pole has been greeted with surprise by many.

But the Prince is fairly accustomed to the cold, in contrast to the Mediterranean warmth of Monaco where he became ruler last July following the passing of his father Prince Rainier, who had ruled the tax haven for over 50 years.

Albert represented Monaco at the last five Winter Olympic Games in their Bobsleigh team. And he is going to face some cold and hostile conditions on his seven day trip to bring to the attention of fellow world leaders the environmental damage to the arctic regions that global warming is having.

Speaking at a recent news conference in Monaco, Albert explained his thinking behind the trip to assembled journalists.

‘If in our modest way, by this action we are able to bring environmental problems to the forefront and force some leaders to take stronger actions, this expedition will have achieved its objectives’.

Environmentalists have welcomed Albert’s expedition, and his image in the world’s media is changing from that of a playboy millionaire to a responsible leader.

In 2002 47 year old Prince Albert agreed to a DNA test to show whether he was the father to a boy born to a former air hostess he had had a relationship with, and more recently has been linked by the press with 23 year old South African swimming champion Charlene Wittstock.

But one of the first actions he took after succeeding to the throne was to sign the Kyoto Protocol, taking Monaco outside of the small group of countries that had failed to ratify the treaty, designed to reduce the world’s emissions of greenhouses gases.

Monaco Grand Prix

The Monaco Prince Albert inherited from his father is now the world’s best known tax haven, and the ultimate European destination for luxury hotels, including the Hotel de Paris, frequently quoted in guides as among the top ten in the world.

Local on-line travel guide comment that Prince Albert’s interest in the world’s environment sets a different agenda than that of his father, who transformed the principality in his reign into an economically safe country for the world’s wealthy to live and invest.

Residents of the principality enjoy a zero rated income tax.

As well as being a tax haven, Monaco hosts the best known Formula 1 Grand Prix of the year around the streets of Monte Carlo and Fontveille in May. Over recent years Monaco has also become a destination of choice for the super-rich in September, when it hosts the Monaco Yacht Show.

And while the Grand Prix and Yacht Show fill the hotels in Monte Carlo and Monaco each year, and on an everyday basis every second car seems to be an Aston Martin or Ferrari, locals hope that Prince Albert doesn’t look too close to home when it comes to his concern for the environment. Cancelling the Monaco Grand Prix in 2007 to show his concern for the environment would certainly grab world headlines, but might not be a popular decision among his subjects.

YourMonaco.com feel that there is little danger of this though – Albert is after all the son of Hollywood star Grace Kelly, and future media appearances could just as well be in celebrity magazines as environment campaign ones.
web-spacer.gif
Agency / Source: YourMonaco.com

http://www.newswiretoday.com/news/3778/

This article mixed up some facts from prince Albert's private life. They write PA took DNA test in 2002 to confirm paternity of Alexandre. The boy was born in 2003. The article also says Charlene is 23 instead 28.

There is an article in one our weekly magazines about Charlene and Albert. She is apparently from Benoni same as Charlize Theron not a lot about her just how she met Prince Albert and also about her training.

I have scanned the article but I am struggling to upload it on Imageshack. As soon as I have figured out what I am doing wrong I will post the article.

www.you.co.za (Magazine name) Unfortunately you have to be a subscriber to view the article.

So where is Charlene these days? Albert is with another girl already? It's getting hard to keep up with him..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom