The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2006, 03:49 AM
Aristocracy

Do you think that their apperance only for the purpose of public stunts? And for whose benefits may I ask?

Old 02-12-2006, 04:28 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by suPeRgiRL!
Do you think that their apperance only for the purpose of public stunts? And for whose benefits may I ask?

And thus the speculations begin, including my very own. I have a feeling that this girl will be followed everywhere she goes from now on.

It could very well be something of a publicity stunt for her. Don't Olympic hopefuls need some sponsors while they train? From a post above, it seems like she'll start training for Beijing in the next few months. Doesn't hurt if you're PA's belle of the moment.

Old 02-12-2006, 07:52 AM
Serene Highness

Exactly, she needs sponsors and those often use them as models, so basically the same kind of thing that he did for Tasha (and still does). So basically she's giving him a good time, she is collecting what she gets out of the publicity. ANd for a 28 year old to find a sponsor for swimming (she will be 30 in Beijing and that is fairly aged for a swimmer) should be difficult. And she is ambitious.

As to future princess, I'm sorry, but I really don't see her there. I tried to picture her in that role and judging what MC is like, and I'm sorry, but I just get the feeling, that it wouldn't work. And yes I think her age has to do with it too. She wouldn't be CP and have some sort of time to get used to the job and be somewhat sheltered, she would have to jump straight in. As an athlete she should have some experience with the press by now. so that would help. And also the way of life that an athlete needs to leed in order to be successful gives her some qualities for the job, but with the kind of people she will be dealing with here and the support that PA will need, she would have to have had a different kind of training IMO.

But I think we should move this discussion into the wife thread and leave this for other things.
Old 02-12-2006, 08:29 AM
Heir Apparent

http://www.news24.com/News24/South_A...879674,00.html

Prince Albert eyes SA girl
12/02/2006 13:02 - (SA)

Johannesburg - Prince Albert of Monaco was featured on the front page of a South African newspaper on Sunday in a picture that could shed light on the eligible bachelor's recent interest in the country.
He is shown kissing the hand of a smiling blonde, named in the photograph taken at the opening of Turin Winter Olympic games on Friday as 23-year-old local Olympic swimming champion Charlene Wittstock, by the Sunday Times newspaper. The couple first met at the Mare Nostrum swimming championships in Monaco in 2001, according to paper.
Old 02-12-2006, 09:11 AM
Heir Apparent

yawning Albert... haha...

(photo from DPA)
Old 02-12-2006, 09:18 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by paca
But I think we should move this discussion into the wife thread and leave this for other things.
I agree with the conversation moving to another thread this is photo's of Albert at the Olympics what I made the other thread for posting them in. It is the first time he took a woman to the Olympics and photographed with. Claudia use to attend a dinner or two with him but one of his gf's staying with him stayed out of the public eye. If I am correct he would invite ladies from the Olympics to the dinners.
Old 02-12-2006, 10:42 AM
Royal Highness

Money makes any man irresistible, and Albert knows it! Albert, for me, is one of the most unnattractive Princes around but that living bank we call Monaco makes him a magnet for drop dead gorgeous ladies. Her looks could be more fitting for Andrea, who looks the mediterranean playboy part better than his uncle and almost as well as Rainier himself.
Old 02-12-2006, 10:53 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by rarotonga
I wish you well leahteresa.

So I was browsing on other MBs, and on rbhq.net, one poster commented on the 20-year difference between PA and CS. Another poster said that there could be something more or else why would he take her to such a high profile event? Yet another posted that PA has sunk to yet another level, acting so childish...But my question is, doesn't love make us feel giddy and all?
They are also 20 years apart too? Now, imagine Prince Charles of England dating some one in the Kate Middletown age range. That's tabloid heaven there.
I think he is showing off so Nicole can see he has moved on and she does not stand a chance to go back to him. Then the age difference speaks volumes that she is just the toy for the month that he soon will discard. He should just get married and give an heir to the country instead of this window shopping for dates like an aging school boy.
Old 02-12-2006, 10:57 AM
Nobility

The photo of Albert kissing her hand was on the front of our sunday newspaper (Sunday Times).

I am not sure of her age though as some people say 23 others 28. The paper reports that they first met in 2001 at the Mare Nostrum swimming championships in Monaco.
Old 02-12-2006, 01:02 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyS
The photo of Albert kissing her hand was on the front of our sunday newspaper (Sunday Times).

I am not sure of her age though as some people say 23 others 28. The paper reports that they first met in 2001 at the Mare Nostrum swimming championships in Monaco.
Yes and in that paper it also said that at the time she was 23. I got her age from a sports site and there it says she was born 25.01.1978 which has her just turned 28.
Old 02-12-2006, 03:16 PM
Aristocracy

The whole thing looks soooo set up that it really makes me laugh. Makes me wonder what will happen if we provide him with a sofa; will he jump up and down like Tom Cruise?

You will know if she is the one when she is "outed" by the Queen of England, until I see her face next to QEII then she is game.
Lady Tropical Paradise; this is an especulative site, and we are here because we have time to spare, my opinions and yours, are just that and nobody will get hurt if we express them. Have a great life.
Old 02-12-2006, 03:52 PM
Aristocracy

from getty:
PRAGELATO, ITALY - FEBRUARY 12: Prince Albert of Monaco waits at the medal ceremony to distribute the medals from the Normal Hill Individual Ski Jumping Final on Day 2 of the 2006 Turin Winter Olympic Games on February 12, 2006 in Pragelato, Italy. (Photo by Ezra Shaw/Getty Images)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	56832638.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	21.5 KB
ID:	227594  
Old 02-12-2006, 03:56 PM
Aristocracy

getty:
SESTRIERE BORGATA, ITALY - FEBRUARY 12: Swimmer Charlene Wittstock (R) and Prince Albert II of Monaco are seen at the Mens Downhill Alpine Skiing Final on Day 2 of the 2006 Turin Winter Olympic Games on February 12, 2006 in Sestriere Borgata, Italy. (Photo by Pascal Le Segretain/Getty Images)
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	56830496.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	45.0 KB
ID:	227595   Click image for larger version

Name:	56830590.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	43.2 KB
ID:	227596   Click image for larger version

Name:	56830594.jpg
Size:	47.1 KB
ID:	227597   Click image for larger version

Name:	56830692.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	45.0 KB
ID:	227598  

Name:	56830823.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	46.9 KB
ID:	227599   Click image for larger version

Name:	56830872.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	58.4 KB
ID:	227600   Click image for larger version

Name:	56831291.jpg
Size:	50.8 KB
ID:	227601  
Old 02-12-2006, 04:08 PM
Aristocracy

from ANP:
Prince Albert of Monaco presenting medals after the NH Ski Jumping final competition at the Turin 2006 Winter Olymipc Games, Pragelato, Sunday 12 February 2006 EPA/KAY NIETFELD
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2384097.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	20.7 KB
ID:	227602   Click image for larger version

Name:	2384105.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	29.3 KB
ID:	227603  
Old 02-12-2006, 04:28 PM
Serene Highness

Oh dear, now we are wearing partnerlook. Now that is what I call overdoing it a little.
Old 02-12-2006, 05:07 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Oh dear, now we are wearing partnerlook. Now that is what I call overdoing it a little.
Paca...have you seen her around Monaco before the Olympics? About the matching hats, well, as I've said above, puppy love can make people do silly things.

By the way, you mentioned something about CW not being able to "survive" the environment in Monaco. Is it really just a pool of "sharks" out there?

Cheers!
Old 02-12-2006, 05:48 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by rarotonga
Paca...have you seen her around Monaco before the Olympics? About the matching hats, well, as I've said above, puppy love can make people do silly things.

By the way, you mentioned something about CW not being able to "survive" the environment in Monaco. Is it really just a pool of "sharks" out there?

Cheers!
Nope, never seen her around. When she was here on competion, you usually don't see people until after, if you happen to go to Jimmyz. Otherwise, they are being chaufeured from hotel to pool and back and that's about all they see. The athletes usually jog around a bit, but swimmers go to the stadium and back to the hotel.

As to surviving here, I think she would have a hard time being taken seriously ( a lot of people don't take Steph seriously btw), especially seeing the age difference, she would be seen as his little toy girl and it would also harm PA in his attempt to turn things around here. As a head of state, he is just doing a lot of damage to himself and anihilating a lot of what he has achieved in the last few months. Nothing wrong with a little fun, but I think he is starting to make himself look rather ridiculous for a woman considerably younger then himself. I know a lot of men his age do this, but I think he needs to be more careful. Nobody thinks about it twice when he is 28 and the CP. But now he is 48 and the ruling prince and I am sure there are a lot of eyebrows being raised here right now. An indicator might be, that the local paper did not show a single pic of PA and CW at the olympics. Actually I don't think they showed him at all yet, but I need to varify that.

I just hope she is worth it.
Old 02-12-2006, 06:28 PM
Courtier

I wouldn't be offended if PA married Charlene. I don't really like the name but she can certainly be trained to be a princess. She can be taught to behave in a conservative, dignified way. Maybe adopt a smile that's more serene and wear elegant "princess" clothes. She has the body for it. I think she has potential. The age difference can be overcome if she seems mature. If they do get married, I hope it's done quietly. Like for instance we wake up to our morning news and - surprise! PA has gotten married! That would be cool.
Old 02-12-2006, 07:38 PM
Commoner

Smile

Quote:
Nope, never seen her around. When she was here on competion, you usually don't see people until after, if you happen to go to Jimmyz. Otherwise, they are being chaufeured from hotel to pool and back and that's about all they see. The athletes usually jog around a bit, but swimmers go to the stadium and back to the hotel.

As to surviving here, I think she would have a hard time being taken seriously ( a lot of people don't take Steph seriously btw), especially seeing the age difference, she would be seen as his little toy girl and it would also harm PA in his attempt to turn things around here. As a head of state, he is just doing a lot of damage to himself and anihilating a lot of what he has achieved in the last few months. Nothing wrong with a little fun, but I think he is starting to make himself look rather ridiculous for a woman considerably younger then himself. I know a lot of men his age do this, but I think he needs to be more careful. Nobody thinks about it twice when he is 28 and the CP. But now he is 48 and the ruling prince and I am sure there are a lot of eyebrows being raised here right now. An indicator might be, that the local paper did not show a single pic of PA and CW at the olympics. Actually I don't think they showed him at all yet, but I need to varify that.

I just hope she is worth it.

With the above being said, don't you think PA's new PR lady should advise him on what is best for himself and for Monaco?
:)
Old 02-12-2006, 07:48 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by lal
With the above being said, don't you think PA's new PR lady should advise him on what is best for himself and for Monaco?
:)
You can advise as much as you like, if people don't want to listen. (and if you get too much on their nerves about it, you get fired) And I doubt that he asked her first for permission. She'll just have to try and fix things later. Maybe she managed to have the local paper to not print the pics (since it is partly owned by PA not too much of a prob.They might have done it on their own though) in order to stop too much gossip till next weeks yellow press comes out. All she can do know is try and divert attention. And btw it is his job to know what is best for him and Monaco and her job to put it in the best light and have it sparkle.