HSH Prince Albert Current Events 15 : Jan.2006 - Feb.2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the pics tbhrc! But what has PA got to do with the city of Turin?
Emanuele Filiberto di Savoia is entitled to carry the torch along the streets of Turin, since this is the city where his family had their start from, and choose it as Italy's first capital city, but why Albert?

Because he is a member of the IOC maybe?

pinklady1991 said:
Paca - let us know if anything shows up in the local press.
still nothing aout it. It's like he wasn't even there. Nothing about the team either. In Athens there was an article every day either about the team or PA or both. Nothing now. Maybe too embarrassed about the pics and the doping suspension of one of their athletes. Only general news about the games and of course the French downhill medal.

paca said:
still nothing aout it. It's like he wasn't even there. Nothing about the team either. In Athens there was an article every day either about the team or PA or both. Nothing now. Maybe too embarrassed about the pics and the doping suspension of one of their athletes. Only general news about the games and of course the French downhill medal.

Hmmm...do you think there is something to this whole romance despite the claims in the Italian press? I can understand a bit about the suspended athlete but the whole team????? That just seems wrong to me.

Well, they are not on yet, so maybe after they're done. And no I don't think there is more to it. Will answer to some mails in this thread in the wife thread, which I think is more to the topic. I don't really consider her a current event. ;)

I happen to think they make a very nice couple, PA seems very comfortable with his companion and they seem to be enjoying their time. I think we have forgotten he has the right to make mistakes and move on with his life. I wish him the best.:)

Albert and Charlene ...

npl5oj.jpg

npl65d.jpg

(Sipa)

in a interview about her first date with prince albert, charlene said that she makes him laugh. imo,a man in his position would need some comic relief now and then.

They are looking kinda cozy in that pic. . .Do you all think such canoodling is inappropriate for PA? What I mean is, is that behavior seen as inappropriate because of his position?

BurberryBrit said:
They are looking kinda cozy in that pic. . .Do you all think such canoodling is inappropriate for PA? What I mean is, is that behavior seen as inappropriate because of his position?

Yes and no...

Yes, it is inappropriate because PA is there as both head of state and VP of the IOC he should be showing some sense of decorum. I'd like to see him enjoying himself as this is a big party for the IOC but with some restraint. She seems to be more into the PDA than he does as if she is trying to show off some prize. (Yeah, I admit it, I'm jealous and I hate myself for it.) Also, it makes me nervous if CW wants to be taken seriously as an athlete in '08 to be seen in such a close relation to a member of the IOC. Smacks of a conflict of interest to me. :mad:

No, it isn't in that it's a big party and he's there to have a good time and being part of a huge crowd should afford them a little privacy and a chance to act like just another attendee.

I guess I don't know what to think. Am I showing my Libra indecisiveness here?????? :confused:

No pinklady1991 you are not showing your Libra indecisiveness. It's how PA makes you. You want to root for him because you think, okay, he's maybe a nice person. But then he does these things and you're just frustrated with him. I was hopeful about Charlene when I first saw them together and something still might come of it but I fear she's just the same old tacky blonde/female he goes for. :mad:

There is no chance he's going to find another PGrace. He's not even going to find a Maxima, Mary, Mathilde, Claire, Letizia. All of the crown princes have found interesting, beautiful, educated princesses but he doesn't even look in those places. He's into the latest "actress" whose past movies won't even stand up to minimal scrunity (Angie, Sharon, etc.) :cool:

I really think he just doesn't want to get married. If not, just say so and prepare Andrea to take over. :)

Thanks, Pinklady 1991. I didn't think it was too appropriate especially since they aren't married and since he's representing the IOC. If they were married, I don't think it would be a big deal. If Charlene wants to be taken seriously, I think she would try to reserve something from the cameras and take a more lady like stance. Does that make sense? I'm not trying to "hate" on her. . .how did other non-royals being wooed by princes conduct themselves? I would think they would try to fly under the radar. . .

Lavoilette, if he doesn't get married, do you think he'll legitimize little Alexandre, and start grooming him for the position?

Oh, I really have to agree. PA is not so likely to marry. Why would he? He has an endless stream of women, two sisters with 7 children, (a family) so why would he? Not to mention the main person pushing him to it, Rainer, has passed. He's got more "game" than any athlete at the olympics. I'll bet he can get a girl from 0 to naked with one kiss on the hand in front of a camera. Hate to accuse him of being male but.....if the shoe fits...

Also, I agree it looks a little contrived. More than anything, I have noticed that aside from the kiss, she is always the one hanging on him in front of the camera. I remember in some pics NC had her leg drapped over him or was hanging on him. He does not seem to be reciprocating so much. No way she can not realize their pictures are being taken. Fame is a powerful draw for some women, more than money, more than title sometimes.

BurberryBrit said:
Lavoilette, if he doesn't get married, do you think he'll legitimize little Alexandre, and start grooming him for the position?
I don't know if he has the courage to do that. Plus he'd have to get him away from NC. I know early on she thought she was going to push for Alexandre to be PA's heir but she would have to give up custody and let the baby be raised in Monaco under his father's care wouldn't she? I don't think she'd give up her claim to fame and PA's generous monthly payments.;)

leahteresa said:
Oh, I really have to agree. PA is not so likely to marry. Why would he? He has an endless stream of women, two sisters with 7 children, (a family) so why would he? Not to mention the main person pushing him to it, Rainer, has passed. He's got more "game" than any athlete at the olympics. I'll bet he can get a girl from 0 to naked with one kiss on the hand in front of a camera. Hate to accuse him of being male but.....if the shoe fits...

Also, I agree it looks a little contrived. More than anything, I have noticed that aside from the kiss, she is always the one hanging on him in front of the camera. I remember in some pics NC had her leg drapped over him or was hanging on him. He does not seem to be reciprocating so much. No way she can not realize their pictures are being taken. Fame is a powerful draw for some women, more than money, more than title sometimes.

Interesting point. Isn't Caroline the "legitimate" heir anyway (in terms of birth order)? I guess it isn't a big deal if Andrea takes over.

BurberryBrit said:
Thanks, Pinklady 1991. I didn't think it was too appropriate especially since they aren't married and since he's representing the IOC. If they were married, I don't think it would be a big deal. If Charlene wants to be taken seriously, I think she would try to reserve something from the cameras and take a more lady like stance. Does that make sense? I'm not trying to "hate" on her. . .how did other non-royals being wooed by princes conduct themselves? I would think they would try to fly under the radar. . .

I mention in the wife thread that there is a complete disconnect between CW's public statements (probably made through an agent) and her actions over the past few days. Personally, I think she has no intention of ever competing as an athlete again now that she believes she's on the fast track to being a princess. Her behaviour is just a little immature to me.

As an IOC member, I would have thought PA would think twice before getting romantically involved with an athlete considering his position as a VP with them. If CW starts to get preferential treatment, I can honestly see certain members of the IOC calling for his resignation.

I'm not trying to demonize CW either, but she has to remember she is no longer dating an actor but the head of state who has a sense of credibility to maintain. I don't think she is doing anything unlady-like but she is making a public spectacle of their relationship which could damage both their careers.

BurberryBrit said:
Interesting point. Isn't Caroline the "legitimate" heir anyway (in terms of birth order)? I guess it isn't a big deal if Andrea takes over.
If all was fair and the first born no matter what gender was the heir, then Caroline is the legitimate heir and through her, her son Andrea. I think maybe it's not fair that both of them are kept hanging and never knowing if or when PA will get married with Caroline not knowing if she will have to prepare her son to assume the throne in place of PA or herself.

pinklady1991 said:
Yes and no...

Yes, it is inappropriate because PA is there as both head of state and VP of the IOC he should be showing some sense of decorum. I'd like to see him enjoying himself as this is a big party for the IOC but with some restraint. She seems to be more into the PDA than he does as if she is trying to show off some prize. (Yeah, I admit it, I'm jealous and I hate myself for it.) Also, it makes me nervous if CW wants to be taken seriously as an athlete in '08 to be seen in such a close relation to a member of the IOC. Smacks of a conflict of interest to me. :mad:

No, it isn't in that it's a big party and he's there to have a good time and being part of a huge crowd should afford them a little privacy and a chance to act like just another attendee.

I guess I don't know what to think. Am I showing my Libra indecisiveness here?????? :confused:
Don't forget Albert is not only an IOC member he was also in the Olympics himself. This is the first time he has been photographed at the Olympics with any female like this that might be saying something about there relationship. If she was serious about her training as she said and with him like this like Alicia she isn't devoting the time she should be and because of it Alicia didn't make the team.

tamarindi said:
Has she truly commented on their relationship?

Alberto si butta con una nuotatrice

Al Sestriere flirta con la Wittstock

Tra le nevi del Sestriere Alberto di Monaco vince la medaglia d'oro del gossip. Il principe, che, nonostante i suoi 48 anni, ha un debole per le donne giovani e sportive, si è fatto notare tra il pubblico di Torino 2006 con Charlene Wittstock, 27enne nuotatrice del Sudafrica. Per "La Stampa", è la sua nuova fidanzata e potrebbe farlo capitolare. Ma Charlene smentisce: "Niente matrimonio. Sono concentrata sulle Olimpiadi del 2008".
Ad accomunare Alberto e Charlene è una sana, irrefrenabile passione per lo sport. Il principe infatti ha gareggiato per anni come bobbista della squadra di Monaco, mentre la ragazza nuota con i colori del Sudafrica e, al momento, si sta preparando alle Olimpiadi di Pechino del 2008. Chi li ha visti assistere divertiti alle competizioni non ha esitato a definirli "fidanzati". Ma Charlene ha smentito le nozze e Alberto, appena uscito dallo scandalo di un figlio illegittimo, ci ha abituato ai suoi exploit sentimentali.

Modelle e bellezze dello spettacolo si sono viste accanto a lui nel corso degli anni, ma il debole del reale restano le sportive. Al matrimonio è andato vicino venti anni fa con Mary Wayte, proprio una nuotatrice della nazionale brasiliana. E tra anni fa ha perso la testa per la 25enne texana Alicia Warlick, campionessa di salto con l'asta, somigliantissima a Grace. Che con Charlene, bionda, occhi azzurri e fisico da competizione, Alberto riesca a vincere finalemte la sua personale Olimpiadi?

http://www.tgcom.mediaset.it/gossip/articoli/articolo296278.shtml
Here is the translation. http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.tgcom.mediaset.it%2Fgossip%2Farticoli%2Farticolo296278.shtml&langpair=it%7Cen&hl=en&ie=ASCII

I don't think so junimlove...at least not right away. True, this is the first time he's ever been photographed at an "official" event with a woman like this; but it's hard to tell who is pushing the relationship. Again, I don't think she is as interested in pursuing the Olympics as much now as she is pursuing Albert. Per the Italian press article, they are making a couple of comparisons to past girlfriends (one a swimmer, one blond, blue-eyed, young). I guess it's just time to wait and see. Paca has said there has been no mention of either him or the team at the Olympics in local press which means to me that they don't want to draw attention to this "relationship."

Now they're wearing the same hat..

SESTRIERE BORGATA, ITALY - FEBRUARY 12: Swimmer Charlene Wittstock (C) and Prince Albert II of Monaco (2nd R) watch the Mens Downhill Alpine Skiing Final on Day 2 of the 2006 Turin Winter Olympic Games on February 12, 2006 in Sestriere Borgata, Italy.

Credit: Photo by Pascal Le Segretain/Getty Images

Attachments

• 56832638.jpg
    56832638.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 176
  • 56830821.jpg
    56830821.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 170
  • 56830590.jpg
    56830590.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 167
  • 56830663.jpg
    56830663.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 196
  • 56830692.jpg
    56830692.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 210
  • 56830843.jpg
    56830843.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 213
  • 56830826.jpg
    56830826.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 238
Last edited:
Some more.. :D

Attachments

• 56830872.jpg
    56830872.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 196
  • 56830868.jpg
    56830868.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 293
  • 56830870.jpg
    56830870.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 195
  • 56830594.jpg
    56830594.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 217
  • 56830843.jpg
    56830843.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 183
semisquare said:
in a interview about her first date with prince albert, charlene said that she makes him laugh. imo,a man in his position would need some comic relief now and then.

"She makes him laugh"... Wow :confused: I find it's funny, especially in the Valentine's Day :D :D :D I always thought that, first of all (!), it is a gentleman's previlege - make his lady-love to laugh, feel happy, safe and comfy, and never mind who is he - head of state or forester. First of all, he is a MAN :)
I compare all these pics with Frederick&Mary Olimpic' pics and see the difference in behaviour. Of course, we all different and our behaviour is different, but anyway there is something common for everybody like gestures, body language and eye contact...It was too evident that Freddy was sincerely and deeply interested in Mary, in her love and her attention. He tried to catch every her glance and every her word...All I see now, I mean PA and CW, is a mere fun and quite comfy and pleasant companion. If their relationships are serious and this is Love, I would not wish the same for myself :rolleyes: IMHO, true Love looks and feels a little different....though, know knows...it's impossible to be sure in everything...

Laviolette wrote: "There is no chance he's going to find another PGrace. He's not even going to find a Maxima, Mary, Mathilde, Claire, Letizia. All of the crown princes have found interesting, beautiful, educated princesses but he doesn't even look in those places. He's into the latest "actress" whose past movies won't even stand up to minimal scrunity (Angie, Sharon, etc.)"
Sure! Don't forget about genes! PA is inclined to cinematographic and show girls genetically. It's impossible sometimes to struggle against nature :)

suPeRgiRL! said:
Now they're wearing the same hat..
I am sure that it is an olympic uniform and nothing more. Look at the hat design, it reminds the red&white check of Monaco. I don't see something special in it...just special event and free uniform...

If I'm not mistaken, PA is wearing the same hat he wore on the Olympic opening.. It has 'MONACO' written on it. IF I'm not mistaken..

AquaMarine said:
...It was too evident that Freddy was sincerely and deeply interested in Mary, in her love and her attention. He tried to catch every her glance and every her word...

AquaMarine, the way you phrased his display of interest is so beautiful! :)

Thank You Freedom :)
It was a real enjoyment to watch Fred&Mary romance from the beginning...and besides it was almost without a single mistake that could happen in public ;)

AquaMarine said:
Laviolette wrote: "There is no chance he's going to find another PGrace. He's not even going to find a Maxima, Mary, Mathilde, Claire, Letizia. All of the crown princes have found interesting, beautiful, educated princesses but he doesn't even look in those places. He's into the latest "actress" whose past movies won't even stand up to minimal scrunity (Angie, Sharon, etc.)"
Sure! Don't forget about genes! PA is inclined to cinematographic and show girls genetically. It's impossible sometimes to struggle against nature :)
Princess Grace of Monaco was a beautiful, graceful, dignified, stylish, serene woman who happened to be an actress. That's what people miss about her. All they see is that she was an actress but most actresses during her time and today can't hold a candle to Grace. She had something inside of her that had nothing to do with what profession she ended up in. She would have shined no matter what she did for a living and seemed to be born to be a princess. Unfortunately, PA doesn't seem to get that part. If he did he would be out there looking for a woman of his mother's character and not her profession.

Laviollette said:
Princess Grace of Monaco was a beautiful, graceful, dignified, stylish, serene woman who happened to be an actress. That's what people miss about her. All they see is that she was an actress but most actresses during her time and today can't hold a candle to Grace. She had something inside of her that had nothing to do with what profession she ended up in. She would have shined no matter what she did for a living and seemed to be born to be a princess. Unfortunately, PA doesn't seem to get that part. If he did he would be out there looking for a woman of his mother's character and not her profession.

Why is it that people in general put such a burden on PA as to compare any women he is with to Grace. He is his own person and as far as I am concerned his new companion seems to be a very nice girl. Unlike some of the past he has been linked to in the tabloids.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom