The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2006, 05:42 PM
Serene Highness

To add to the legend: her remains were stolen, but the monegasques went after the thieves, got them and set their boat on fire. Hence the burning of the boat.

I must say I'm amazed about the number of people there, since it has been raining and cold and usually you have to wait around quite a while for the mass and the procession to end etc. There was a 15 min firework afterwards.

And since I live here it is the first time PA is the only one to light the barge. But apparently Steph had to prepare for the show tonight, which was right after and evening gowns and fires don't go well together. Maybe she'll be there tomorrow, though that would be quite a surprise.

Old 01-26-2006, 06:23 PM
Majesty

2 more pics from Newscom

Old 01-26-2006, 06:40 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbhrc
2 more pics from Newscom
Thank you very much for the time you put into finding these photo's and sharing them with us.
Old 01-26-2006, 08:45 PM
Heir Apparent

More from newscom
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	91.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	50.4 KB
ID:	225461   Click image for larger version

Name:	92.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	46.9 KB
ID:	225462   Click image for larger version

Name:	93.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	50.4 KB
ID:	225463   Click image for larger version

Name:	94.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	51.9 KB
ID:	225464  

Name:	95.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	42.9 KB
ID:	225465  
Old 01-27-2006, 10:49 AM
Majesty

Yahoo News AP / Reuters

Quote:
Prince Albert II of Monaco makes the sign of the cross from the Monaco Palace, during the St. Devote procession, Friday, Jan. 27, 2006, in Monaco. Saint Devote is the patron saint of the Grimaldi family, reigning in Monaco, and every January 27th, the Principality celebrates St. Devote's Day as a national holiday. (AP Photo/Lionel Cironneau)
Old 01-27-2006, 11:25 AM
Majesty

Here you can find more pics of the St. Devote celebrations
Old 01-27-2006, 12:18 PM
Heir Apparent

a close-up of Albert
(from polfoto)
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	AP572162_guest.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	25.1 KB
ID:	225511  
Old 01-27-2006, 12:30 PM
Majesty

Here are more pics from the mass
Old 02-04-2006, 08:05 PM
Heir Apparent

Prince Albert will be present in the Inaugural ceremony of the winter olympic games next friday 10 of February

http://www.ansa.it/ansalatina/notizi...333814122.html
Old 02-05-2006, 09:15 AM
Aristocracy

It will be interesting to see PA at the olympics--but not as an athlete....
He will have official roles to carry out as both a head of state and member of the International Olympic Committee. We should get some great pictures of PA later this week....

:) Go Pittsburgh Steelers!!!!!! Win the Superbowl!!!:)
Old 02-07-2006, 02:56 PM
Majesty

Getty Images

Quote:
Caption:
TURIN, ITALY - FEBRUARY 07: Jacques Rogge (C), the President of the I.O.C., sits next to Prince Albert of Monaco (L) and I.O.C. member Sergei Bubka (R) as they eat breakfast during a visit to the athlete's Olympic village during the Turin 2006 Winter Olympic Games on February 7, 2006 in Turin, Italy. The opening ceremony will take place on February 10, 2006 at the Olympic Stadium. (Photo by Clive Rose/Getty Images)

Old 02-07-2006, 09:31 PM
Serene Highness

wouldnt that be so weird to have people taking your picture while u r eating breakfast. i dont think i could hold anything down if i was there
Old 02-07-2006, 09:47 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by semisquare
wouldnt that be so weird to have people taking your picture while u r eating breakfast. i dont think i could hold anything down if i was there
Albert has been getting his picture taken for years. Those were photo shoots if you notice more then one person is present to take them. You also have to get use to it if you aren't born in the lime light.
Old 02-08-2006, 12:41 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by semisquare
:p I could be! Esp. if I am hungry Just imagine all the people around as the part of furniture
Old 02-08-2006, 01:02 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbhrc
Getty Images
This is for your time you spend searching and the finds you share with us.
Old 02-08-2006, 04:55 AM
Majesty

:o You're
Old 02-08-2006, 05:39 PM
Aristocracy

A poster on another Royal forum website said that Shermine Sharivar was the one PA took to South Africa for his private holiday...
Knowing that he probably wouldn't go celebrate New Years alone , this could be possible...
Has anyone else read anything about this???
Old 02-08-2006, 06:17 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by teense
A poster on another Royal forum website said that Shermine Sharivar was the one PA took to South Africa for his private holiday...
Knowing that he probably wouldn't go celebrate New Years alone , this could be possible...
Has anyone else read anything about this???
I did a quick check teense and I from what I could see there wasn't much there since last November other than a couple of German and French reports. He has been playing this one quietly, but to go back to previous discussions, she seems too ambitious for her own career to be thinking of marriage/no career. I dunno...I have a feeling she's more of "Ms. Right Now" than "Ms. Right." Of course, our expectations may differ a bit from PA's....

Paca: any sightings in your neck of the woods??????
Old 02-08-2006, 06:31 PM
Aristocracy

[quote=pinklady1991]I did a quick check teense and I from what I could see there wasn't much there since last November other than a couple of German and French reports. He has been playing this one quietly, but to go back to previous discussions, she seems too ambitious for her own career to be thinking of marriage/no career. I dunno...I have a feeling she's more of "Ms. Right Now" than "Ms. Right." Of course, our expectations may differ a bit from PA's....

Thanks for checking pinklady!!!
He was probably with a date on New year's(A romantic time to be on a "private holiday" ) I just wonder who?? He is "playing this one quietly" as you say...
Old 02-08-2006, 10:48 PM
Courtier

No problem, teense...I love using my linguistic skills and such searches break the stress at work. A private holiday could also mean with a group of friends, not just one particular lady. There were no "sightings" of Ms. Sharivar at the circus so I have my doubts about a "relationship." Perhaps another agent seeking publicity for his/her client? Either that or both of them are extraordinarily discreet...