HSH Prince Albert Current Events 15 : Jan.2006 - Feb.2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
pinklady1991 said:
I did a quick check teense and I from what I could see there wasn't much there since last November other than a couple of German and French reports. He has been playing this one quietly, but to go back to previous discussions, she seems too ambitious for her own career to be thinking of marriage/no career. I dunno...I have a feeling she's more of "Ms. Right Now" than "Ms. Right." Of course, our expectations may differ a bit from PA's....;) /quote]

Reading her interview I thought that you are right, PinkLady :) :
Shermine Sharivar
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Brown
Height: 5'10"

Name one person, other than your parents, who has had the most influence on your life. Why?
My Mother is the most important person in my life.She gives me good advice, and she is my friend.She has been a great teacher,and the foundation for my life.

What is the most interesting or unique thing that has ever happened to you (aside from winning your title) and/or what is the most interesting thing about you?
The most exciting thing that ever happened to me is the fact that I have the chance to cooperate together with the most famous economic- magazine called "Junge Karriere". I am going to write an online-diary about my life as Miss Germany.

What is your career ambition and what are you doing or plan to do to accomplish that goal?
My ultimate goal is to become a newspeaker on TV. To accomplish my dream I have had speaking- training. In addition some practical courses will help me to realize my aim.

Are you currently a student? If yes, where? What is your area of study?
Germany / Aachen, Politic-science, Psychology, Germanistic.

List any interesting or unsual jobs you may have had.
Statist in a soap-opera
Waitress
Animateur
Model

Describe your childhood home and living conditions. Were you raised with a large family with lots of brothers and sisters?
Unfortunately my parents are divorced. I stay with my mother and my three brothers in our sweet home. I really enjoyed my childhood, though I couldnґt see my father very often.

What one word describes you best?
Ambitious!!!

pinklady1991 said:
I did a quick check teense and I from what I could see there wasn't much there since last November other than a couple of German and French reports. He has been playing this one quietly, but to go back to previous discussions, she seems too ambitious for her own career to be thinking of marriage/no career. I dunno...I have a feeling she's more of "Ms. Right Now" than "Ms. Right." Of course, our expectations may differ a bit from PA's....;)

Paca: any sightings in your neck of the woods??????
I think Shermine said (after getting everyone talk about her for a while) very clearly in an interview, that she was not at all interested and ivolved with PA. She wants her career to take off.

From here no news. I noticed that at St devote he was seated in a different area then it has traditionally the case. But maybe he just didn't want to be caught staring at the sopranos anymore ;) :D ( I bet he is secretly reading about our plans for takeover pink;) :D ) He was barely visible for people in church during mass, and for us not at all. The dates he had sent were nice though. maybe he should serve that at the next reception ;) , which btw reminds me that we have, each of us finally received our pic with PA. Unfortunetely the faces are so small that there is no point in posting it.

AquaMarine said:
Name one person, other than your parents, who has had the most influence on your life. Why?
My Mother is the most important person in my life.She gives me good advice, and she is my friend.She has been a great teacher,and the foundation for my life.
I think, she didn't quite grasp the question here. A person other than your parents is not your mother Shermine;) :D

What is the most interesting or unique thing that has ever happened to you (aside from winning your title) and/or what is the most interesting thing about you?
The most exciting thing that ever happened to me is the fact that I have the chance to cooperate together with the most famous economic- magazine called "Junge Karriere". I am going to write an online-diary about my life as Miss Germany.
Apparently nothing is very interesting about her;)

List any interesting or unsual jobs you may have had
Statist in a soap-opera
Waitress
Animateur
Model
interesting and unusual jobs? That is what we all did during our university studies in order to have some additional cash, or finance our own studies.

What one word describes you best?
Ambitious!!!
At least she's honest:D

paca said:
The dates he had sent were nice though. maybe he should serve that at the next reception ;) , which btw reminds me that we have, each of us finally received our pic with PA. Unfortunetely the faces are so small that there is no point in posting it.

What if you enlarge the pic' resolution via Photoshop? Though I am sure, and all will agree, even small pic posting would be interesting. :p

problem is, that you would really not be able to distinguish anything, since already the original is very unclear. In order to scan it and get it on proper format, I would need to reduce it immensely and you wouldn't be able to even make out PA (although I give you a hint: he is the bold guy in the middle ;)) it's more like a we were there pic. I'm surprised they didn't do it with teleobjective and reduce the surroundings, but then again, I'm not a professional fotographer and I find the people more interesting then the palace fassade and the xmas decoration ;) :D

Function in London

Will Albert be attending the Mission enfance in London in March?

How would that be related with Monaco? I know we have them here, but to my knowledge that is a french catholic church thing, so I don't see why he should be there. Of course it is supported in Monaco, but London?

paca said:
How would that be related with Monaco? I know we have them here, but to my knowledge that is a french catholic church thing, so I don't see why he should be there. Of course it is supported in Monaco, but London?

The Catholic Church??? London??? Kind of like having that conference in Boston. Could be part of the Vatican's plan to "take back Europe" that I keep hearing about at Mass.

Monagesque treat in MERCY lucky draw

(Sunday Mail (Malaysia) Via Thomson Dialog NewsEdge)LEGENDARY watchmaker and designer Gerald Charles Genta and local publisher Tell Media Sdn Bhd are making it possible for two lucky Malaysians to "have dinner in the presence of His Serene Highness Prince Albert II of Monaco," as stated in the exclusive invitation.

The Royal Gala Dinner, to be held in London's Whitehall Palace on March 8, will benefit ChildLine and Mission Enfance, charity organisations based in Britain and Monaco respectively.

Both children's charities, the Countess of Wessex is the patron of Childline while Prince Albert is the honorary president of Mission Enfance.

The dinner will be attended by other members of the Monaco and British royal families.

Among A-list entertainment personalities who have confirmed their attendance so far are Ringo Starr and Sir Roger Moore.

Genta, whose wife Evelyne is the chairman of the Royal Gala Dinner committee, has invited local socialite and fundraiser Gilda Bejani to attend the dinner.

"At first, they just wanted me to have a look-see on how fundraisers are conducted there," said Bejani.

As it turned out, many of her society friends in Kuala Lumpur requested to purchase seats for the dinner.

"The organisers offered two tables to Malaysians, and all of the RM2,000 seats were snapped up immediately," said Bejani.

Tell Media Sdn Bhd, which bought a table, has offered two of the seats to be given away in a lucky draw.

The Gentas have offered complimentary business class return tickets to fly the winners from Kuala Lumpur to London.

To qualify for the draw, one needs only to make a minimum donation of RM500 to MERCY Malaysia, in aid of its Pakistani earthquake fund.

MERCY Malaysia president, Datuk Dr Jemilah Mahmood, will be conducting the draw at the MERCY office this week.

For more information, call Sharidah of MERCY Malaysia at (03) 4256-9999 or (019) 221-5759.

http://www.tmcnet.com/usubmit/2006/jan/1287341.htm

A Royal Gala Dinner benefiting ChildLine and Monaco's Mission enfance
March 2006

watch150.jpg
HSH Prince Albert II will be attending as President d’Honneur de Mission enfance
HRH Countess of Wessex, Patron of ChildLine’s 18th Birthday will be attending as Guest of Honour
Celebrity guests include:
Dame Shirley Bassey
Joan Collins
Sting and Trudi Styler
Caprice

Our Auctioneer:
Nick Bonham

Our MC:
Graham Cole

Grand Auction prizes include:

• [*]A bespoke Gerald Charles watch
    [*]SAS – a specially designed assault programme for ChildLine
    [*]A Wedgwood vase incorporating a sketch by Prince Albert
    [*]A sensational collection of 51 postcards from John, Paul and George to Ringo Starr offering a unique and revealing insight into the real life of the most famous band in the world
    [*]two guest tickets to the Red Cross Gala Ball in Monaco including a two-night stay at the Hotel Paris and a day on a Riva boat
wedgwoodvase200.jpg
The Gala Dinner Committee:
Evelyne Genta Chair
Esther Rantzen
Yvonne Marchioness of Bristol
Caprice Bourret
Joelle Biamonti
Susan Bedack
Anne Faggionato
Anita Land
Sangeeta Talukdar

Black Tie
7.00 pm Wednesday 20th April 2005
The Banqueting House, Whitehall, London SW1A 2ER

Tickets £300 each
Tables of 10 @ £3,000 each
Tables of 12 @ £3,600 each

For further details, please contact: Susi Green on 020 7650 3352 or sgreen@childline.org.uk, or Toni Kennedy on 020 7650 3366 or tkennedy@childline.org.uk.

http://www.childline.org.uk/extra/royalgaladinner.asp

Last edited:
I found more picture of the vase in brunopress:
Unveiling of Unique Vase Designed by HSH Prince Albert to be Auctioned for Childline and Mission Enfance

Esther Rantzen Unveiling of Unique Vase Designed by HSH Prince Albert to be Auctioned for Childline and Mission Enfance Waterford Wedgewood Store London, Great Britain March 29, 2005 Photo by David Lodge/FilmMagic

Attachments

• FM_4707326_EstherRa_DaveL_2.jpg
    FM_4707326_EstherRa_DaveL_2.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 178
  • FM_4707315_EstherRa_DaveL.jpg
    FM_4707315_EstherRa_DaveL.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 272
  • FM_4707322_EstherRa_DaveL.jpg
    FM_4707322_EstherRa_DaveL.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 294
  • FM_4707347_EstherRa_DaveL.jpg
    FM_4707347_EstherRa_DaveL.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 313
  • FM_4707357_EstherRa_DaveL.jpg
    FM_4707357_EstherRa_DaveL.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 319
  • FM_4707370_UniqueVa_DaveL.jpg
    FM_4707370_UniqueVa_DaveL.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 256
tamarindi said:
A Royal Gala Dinner benefiting ChildLine and Monaco's Mission enfance
March 2006
For further details, please contact: Susi Green on 020 7650 3352 or sgreen@childline.org.uk, or Toni Kennedy on 020 7650 3366 or tkennedy@childline.org.uk.
http://www.childline.org.uk/extra/royalgaladinner.asp
Thanks for the info nice watch its pink one of my favorite colors. Nice to see you posting after all this time of being shy.

tamarindi said:
I found more picture of the vase in brunopress:
Unveiling of Unique Vase Designed by HSH Prince Albert to be Auctioned for Childline and Mission Enfance

Esther Rantzen Unveiling of Unique Vase Designed by HSH Prince Albert to be Auctioned for Childline and Mission Enfance Waterford Wedgewood Store London, Great Britain March 29, 2005 Photo by David Lodge/FilmMagic
I can't view attachments with this new program what I can see is blurred is it nice?

LadyMacAlpine said:
Thanks for the info nice watch its pink one of my favorite colors. Nice to see you posting after all this time of being shy.
Well I'm much more of a reader than a talker and I'm simply not that comfortable in my english :(

I remembered reading about this event last year and the vase for better or for worse was simply unforgettable.​
The event was supposed to occur last year in April but was rescheduled after the death of prince Rainier.​
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

Last edited:
Thanks for the info. I knew he was involved here, but I didn't know that he was also doing fundraisers outside MC for them.

That was absolutely fascinating...thank you, tamarindi...and by the way, your English is wonderful. I like the fact that PA is so hands-on with the charities he supports... If I could get him to do that for the charity I work for...my silent auction problems would be over.

pinklady1991 said:
That was absolutely fascinating...thank you, tamarindi...and by the way, your English is wonderful. I like the fact that PA is so hands-on with the charities he supports... If I could get him to do that for the charity I work for...my silent auction problems would be over.

thank you:)
For my English I have to thank spell check and the fact that I read almost exclusively in English.

old interviews

I found 2 old intervies prince albert did, one in november 1997 to point de vue when he acted in "One Man's hero" and the second is an article about monaco that was done in may 1996 in National Geographic that includes quotes from him.
(this is the article that started my fascination in monaco).

I'l try to scan them if you have an interest in them.

Last edited:
via yahoo

Former International Olympic Committee President Juan Antonio Samaranch, right, speaks with Prince Albert of Monaco while touring the Olympic Athletes Village in Turin, Italy, Tuesday, Feb. 7, 2006. The Turin 2006 Winter Olympics Games, open in Turin on Friday, Feb. 10, 2006 .
(AP Photo/Greg Baker)

ngoai9.jpg

Former President of the International Olympic Committee (IOC) Juan Antonio Samaranch (seated front), and Monaco's Prince Albert (standing R) eat breakfast at the athletes' Olympic village, at the Torino 2006 Winter Olympic Games in Turin, Italy February 7, 2006.
EDITORIAL USE ONLY REUTERS/Richard Juilliard/IOC/Handout

ngoaja.jpg

Prince Albert participating in 118th International Olympic Committee (IOC)'s Plenary Session in Torino, Italy

(photos from Goff)

ngsrp4.jpg
ngsrrs.jpg

ngss1u.jpg
ngstgi.jpg

ngsumc.jpg
ngsv0i.jpg

btw, who's the girl?

Last edited:
Apperantly her name is Charlene Wittstock and she is a swimmer
from South Africa...
(at least according to brunopress that has the same photos)

Last edited:
purple_platinum said:
Prince Albert participating in 118th International Olympic Committee (IOC)'s Plenary Session in Torino, Italy

(photos from Goff)btw, who's the girl?
I'd say a pretty young blonde with a photo ID number 456.

interesting enough is the fact that she celebrated her birthday on the first of january, a time when prince albert was in south africa for a private vacation.

tamarindi said:
Apperantly her name is Charlene Wittstock and she is a swimmer
from South Africa...
(at least according to brunopress that has the same photos)
Yes, you are right. I looked her up on the net. She is born 25.01.1978 (for those who see her as his future wife ;) ), is 1.76m and weighs 62 kg according to this site http://213.131.178.162/results/default.asp?ath=1392

Maybe he was meeting her in SA for new year ;) :D ?

Oh dear, another of those over talkative and over impressed women.

paca said:
Yes, you are right. I looked her up on the net. She is born 25.01.1978 (for those who see her as his future wife ;) ), is 1.76m and weighs 62 kg according to this site http://213.131.178.162/results/default.asp?ath=1392

Maybe he was meeting her in SA for new year ;) :D ?

Sounds more promising than the others...but if she's with him in Torino and they've been photographed together...could be. I'm crushed.

Paca -- or does PA look considerably slimmer in the photos posted with Charlene than he did at Christmas or is it me????? Why can men lose weight that quickly??????

Sigh... I prefer to comfort myself with the fact that it is the one we don't see publicly photographed with PA, or the one we don't hear about it rather than the high profile ones on his arm seen at public events. I really would not get worked up over this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom