The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-15-2006, 07:09 PM
Gentry

My thinking was that an intelligent woman would be able to cope if Albert were to stray, and she would be better equipped to dive into her work and keep her reputation intact, whereas someone who doesn't quite have her head on straight, would dive head first into partying, or putting herself in the media as revenge, doing what she feels she can to garner attention for herself and embarrass Albert in the process. We've already seen how well that works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laviollette
Also do you think Alicia Warlick never made it down the isle with PA because of his womanizing?
I would bet on that! A suspicion on my part, but I think at some point she discovered how much of a player he was, and probably confronted him over it. The rest is history...she just faded from view and he went on to the next.

Old 02-15-2006, 07:36 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinklady1991
Methinks the lady doth talk too much... I can't wait to get my hands on the Point de Vue article when it arrives in the States next week.
I agree. I wonder, since she's doing all the talking, has it been this way in the past? Does he usually keep mum on his relationships or does he usually make a statement about who he is currently dating? Because if his behaviour has changed, maybe there's a reason behind it. . .

Old 02-15-2006, 07:39 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunkycat
My thinking was that an intelligent woman would be able to cope if Albert were to stray, and she would be better equipped to dive into her work and keep her reputation intact...
But I don't think an intelligent woman would go near him knowing that he is certain to stray. He has no personal morality. Also, why would she have to worry about her reputation when he is the one out there publicly humiliating her by having affairs with his usual bimbos? Obviously AW knew she'd better not marry him. Remember what happened to Lady Di. I think AW knew she was in for years of heartache and public humiliation. :(
Old 02-15-2006, 08:13 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunkycat
I would bet on that! A suspicion on my part, but I think at some point she discovered how much of a player he was, and probably confronted him over it. The rest is history...she just faded from view and he went on to the next.
Oh well follow the crowd speaking of Alicia who I posted a photo of in http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...iends-903.html plus put in my two cents. It was said somewhere I don't recall where all the talk of Albert's pending engagement to her to be announced on his birthday caused a statement to be made there would be no engagement Albert was not in love with Alicia. Unless you are just friends hanging around that long with nothing can hurt.

Albert was open about Mary Wyatt being the one that got away he wanted to marry. It's been my understanding it was the press that had a hand in the break up. Must be the one Charlene was talking about he mentioned. Could be he is trying to find another like her in dating swimmers. Would have put my radar up if a man told me what she said Albert did to her on the first meeting. I am posting Mary's information in his friend thread to view.
Old 02-15-2006, 08:48 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyMacAlpine
Oh well follow the crowd speaking of Alicia who I posted a photo of in http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...iends-903.html plus put in my two cents. It was said somewhere I don't recall where all the talk of Albert's pending engagement to her to be announced on his birthday caused a statement to be made there would be no engagement Albert was not in love with Alicia. Unless you are just friends hanging around that long with nothing can hurt.

Albert was open about Mary Wyatt being the one that got away he wanted to marry. It's been my understanding it was the press that had a hand in the break up. Must be the one Charlene was talking about he mentioned. Could be he is trying to find another like her in dating swimmers. Would have put my radar up if a man told me what she said Albert did to her on the first meeting. I am posting Mary's information in his friend thread to view.
All those women! Of perhaps hundreds of women he's dated, it was only Mary Wayte who he truly loved? How do we know if she hadn't broken it off first that he wouldn't have dumped her too?
Old 02-15-2006, 09:03 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laviollette
All those women! Of perhaps hundreds of women he's dated, it was only Mary Wayte who he truly loved? How do we know if she hadn't broken it off first that he wouldn't have dumped her too?
Did you read the other thread? Have you ever read up on them or paid attention to what Albert himself said about her? Its in print.
Old 02-15-2006, 09:14 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyMacAlpine
Did you read the other thread? Have you ever read up on them or paid attention to what Albert himself said about her? Its in print.
I don't doubt he loved her but that doesn't excuse him for years and years of womanizing, which hurts women. And yes, after all those women and the way he moves from one to the next to the next, I do question how sincere he is when talking about MW. It's only natural. He might be sincere, he probably is, but there is doubt because of his history with women.
Old 02-15-2006, 09:21 PM
Courtier

I will be looking to see how Charlene is treated and how this "relationship" develops. Is it acceptable for a 47-year-old man to charm and lead on a 28-year-old woman and not have good intentions towards a meaningful, lasting relationship? I think not. I'm going to be watching to see how sincere the PDA's these past days turn out to be. It matters how a man treats women in private. It goes straight to his character.
Old 02-15-2006, 09:45 PM
Courtier

Wow...lots of posts tonight. I agree with LadyM...CW is definitely marking her territory. This woman doesn't want to be liked; she wants to be reckoned with. I don't think CW is suitable as a potential princess; perhaps she really cares for him, but right now she cares more for the media attention she is getting. In one photo on this link, PA is looking at the action in the arena, CW has his head against his shoulder looking directly at the camera. If she puts her claws in to deeply, I have a gut feeling that PA will run. She is the only person talking to the media but we don't know if it's only on her own publicist's advice and/or with PA's blessing. If she is talking without his knowing, revealing details of their personal affairs (pardon the pun), she will fade quickly. IMO, Albert will not take kindly to being overshadowed by a consort or be seen to be manipulated by another woman as he was with Nicole.

I had heard that PA had proposed to Alicia but that she refused. I don't know why. Same with Mary Wayte. Most of the women who were put forth as potential princesses by the press seem to fade. Perhaps PA doesn't want the media picking his spouse. If he truly had his heart broken by Mary or another, I can understand the womanizing. Having been in a similar situation, you often idealize the person you lost and others can't really compare or you feel like you are betraying someone or something even if the other person has moved on.
Old 02-15-2006, 10:10 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Is it acceptable for a 47-year-old man to charm and lead on a 28-year-old woman
here a another question; what would a 28 yr old have in common with a 47yr old? if he wasnt a prince or rich would she give him the time of day? imo, i dont think so.
Old 02-15-2006, 10:21 PM
Courtier

Even putting aside CW and whether she is suitable or not, what about the train load of women PA has gone through? And if CW is so unsuitable, why is he even with her? Shouldn't he take responsibility for never learning his lesson and continuing to let these "unsuitable" women in his life? Prince William isn't cavorting with an assortment of unsuitables.
Old 02-15-2006, 10:25 PM
Serene Highness

maybe prince william was brought up in a different type of home life or maybe prince william is comfortable about who he is and what he stands for?
Old 02-15-2006, 10:29 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by semisquare
...maybe prince william is comfortable about who he is and what he stands for?
good answer! :) :) :)
Old 02-15-2006, 10:41 PM
Nobility

Paca,

I read over at F-I MB that PA has already told the people of Monaco that he will soon have a family? Can you confirm this? Thus, if we take the past few days ito consideration, then an announcement is forthcoming? Just curious as to why the press hasn't pestered PA's press office as they did with Alicia Warlick. You know, the press kept asking and asking if there's an announcment on PA's birthday and the press office actually and officially released a statement denying a forthcoming marriage between PA and AW.

Thanks!
Old 02-16-2006, 08:05 AM
Gentry

I have to agree with you semisquare, if PA did not have the title, the fame and the bank account to go with it, there is no way he would get the kind of dates he does. That is just a fact. He was ok many years ago but now lets face it, age is catching up.
Old 02-16-2006, 08:22 AM
Nobility

I can't comment on whether it is true love or not but whatever it is or turns out be, Charlene Wittstock has definitely got a lot of publicity out of it. It seems that she is the most talked about person at the Winter Olympics.

I had never heard of her before, I admit that I am not a huge sports fan but we do have a few swimmers over here who make the news (ie, Penny Heyns, Roland Schoeman, Ryk Neethling)

I do love weddings though so I suppose we have to wait and see.:)
Old 02-16-2006, 03:30 PM
Aristocracy

Barneo Kick Off! Prince Albert of Monaco for the North Pole

http://www.mounteverest.net/news.php?id=1560
Old 02-16-2006, 05:07 PM
Aristocracy

getty:

Turin, ITALY: Prince Albert of Monaco is all smiles after remitting the medals in the Snowboard Cross event to gold medal winner Seth Wescott from the USA, silver medal winner Radoslav Zidek from Slovakia and Paul-Henri Delerue from France 16 February, 2006 in Turin, Italy. AFP PHOTO JEAN-PIERRE CLATOT (Photo credit should read JEAN-PIERRE CLATOT/AFP/Getty Images)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	56864949.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	50.1 KB
ID:	228390   Click image for larger version

Name:	56864957.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	52.0 KB
ID:	228391  
Old 02-16-2006, 07:10 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by semisquare
here a another question; what would a 28 yr old have in common with a 47yr old? if he wasnt a prince or rich would she give him the time of day? imo, i dont think so.
I think it depends. Some women simply like older men. Older men are usually (emphasis on usually not always) more settled, know more about the world and what they want. I think it's because they've learned from the mistakes they made when they were younger. I am attracted to some older men, but I personally don't find PA attractive.
Old 02-16-2006, 07:12 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabilo
I have to agree with you semisquare, if PA did not have the title, the fame and the bank account to go with it, there is no way he would get the kind of dates he does. That is just a fact. He was ok many years ago but now lets face it, age is catching up.
I agree. His looks are ok, but he would look better with hair. . .