The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #201  
Old 02-13-2006, 10:44 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Boston, United States
Posts: 566
I don't think so junimlove...at least not right away. True, this is the first time he's ever been photographed at an "official" event with a woman like this; but it's hard to tell who is pushing the relationship. Again, I don't think she is as interested in pursuing the Olympics as much now as she is pursuing Albert. Per the Italian press article, they are making a couple of comparisons to past girlfriends (one a swimmer, one blond, blue-eyed, young). I guess it's just time to wait and see. Paca has said there has been no mention of either him or the team at the Olympics in local press which means to me that they don't want to draw attention to this "relationship."
__________________

__________________
  #202  
Old 02-14-2006, 12:45 AM
suPeRgiRL!'s Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Jakarta, Indonesia
Posts: 225
Now they're wearing the same hat..

SESTRIERE BORGATA, ITALY - FEBRUARY 12: Swimmer Charlene Wittstock (C) and Prince Albert II of Monaco (2nd R) watch the Mens Downhill Alpine Skiing Final on Day 2 of the 2006 Turin Winter Olympic Games on February 12, 2006 in Sestriere Borgata, Italy.

Credit: Photo by Pascal Le Segretain/Getty Images
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	56832638.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	21.5 KB
ID:	227748   Click image for larger version

Name:	56830821.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	42.5 KB
ID:	227749   Click image for larger version

Name:	56830590.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	43.2 KB
ID:	227750   Click image for larger version

Name:	56830663.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	44.3 KB
ID:	227751  

Click image for larger version

Name:	56830692.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	45.0 KB
ID:	227752   Click image for larger version

Name:	56830843.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	45.4 KB
ID:	227753   Click image for larger version

Name:	56830826.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	46.5 KB
ID:	227754  
__________________

__________________
Treat others as you want to be treated, don't give up - and steal some muffins along the way!
  #203  
Old 02-14-2006, 12:50 AM
suPeRgiRL!'s Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Jakarta, Indonesia
Posts: 225
Some more..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	56830872.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	58.4 KB
ID:	227755   Click image for larger version

Name:	56830868.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	53.2 KB
ID:	227756   Click image for larger version

Name:	56830870.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	49.2 KB
ID:	227757   Click image for larger version

Name:	56830594.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	47.1 KB
ID:	227758  

Click image for larger version

Name:	56830843.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	45.4 KB
ID:	227759  
__________________
Treat others as you want to be treated, don't give up - and steal some muffins along the way!
  #204  
Old 02-14-2006, 01:58 AM
AquaMarine's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Almaty, Kazakhstan
Posts: 237
Quote:
Originally Posted by semisquare
in a interview about her first date with prince albert, charlene said that she makes him laugh. imo,a man in his position would need some comic relief now and then.


"She makes him laugh"... Wow I find it's funny, especially in the Valentine's Day I always thought that, first of all (!), it is a gentleman's previlege - make his lady-love to laugh, feel happy, safe and comfy, and never mind who is he - head of state or forester. First of all, he is a MAN :)
I compare all these pics with Frederick&Mary Olimpic' pics and see the difference in behaviour. Of course, we all different and our behaviour is different, but anyway there is something common for everybody like gestures, body language and eye contact...It was too evident that Freddy was sincerely and deeply interested in Mary, in her love and her attention. He tried to catch every her glance and every her word...All I see now, I mean PA and CW, is a mere fun and quite comfy and pleasant companion. If their relationships are serious and this is Love, I would not wish the same for myself IMHO, true Love looks and feels a little different....though, know knows...it's impossible to be sure in everything...


Laviolette wrote: "There is no chance he's going to find another PGrace. He's not even going to find a Maxima, Mary, Mathilde, Claire, Letizia. All of the crown princes have found interesting, beautiful, educated princesses but he doesn't even look in those places. He's into the latest "actress" whose past movies won't even stand up to minimal scrunity (Angie, Sharon, etc.)"
Sure! Don't forget about genes! PA is inclined to cinematographic and show girls genetically. It's impossible sometimes to struggle against nature :)
__________________
"Sometimes we should leave it to God"
  #205  
Old 02-14-2006, 02:07 AM
AquaMarine's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Almaty, Kazakhstan
Posts: 237
Quote:
Originally Posted by suPeRgiRL!
Now they're wearing the same hat..
I am sure that it is an olympic uniform and nothing more. Look at the hat design, it reminds the red&white check of Monaco. I don't see something special in it...just special event and free uniform...
__________________
"Sometimes we should leave it to God"
  #206  
Old 02-14-2006, 02:34 AM
suPeRgiRL!'s Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Jakarta, Indonesia
Posts: 225
If I'm not mistaken, PA is wearing the same hat he wore on the Olympic opening.. It has 'MONACO' written on it. IF I'm not mistaken..
__________________
Treat others as you want to be treated, don't give up - and steal some muffins along the way!
  #207  
Old 02-14-2006, 07:42 AM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Miami, United States
Posts: 499
Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaMarine
...It was too evident that Freddy was sincerely and deeply interested in Mary, in her love and her attention. He tried to catch every her glance and every her word...
AquaMarine, the way you phrased his display of interest is so beautiful! :)
__________________
  #208  
Old 02-14-2006, 07:57 AM
AquaMarine's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Almaty, Kazakhstan
Posts: 237
Thank You Freedom :)
It was a real enjoyment to watch Fred&Mary romance from the beginning...and besides it was almost without a single mistake that could happen in public
__________________
"Sometimes we should leave it to God"
  #209  
Old 02-14-2006, 10:59 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: San Diego, United States
Posts: 787
Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaMarine
Laviolette wrote: "There is no chance he's going to find another PGrace. He's not even going to find a Maxima, Mary, Mathilde, Claire, Letizia. All of the crown princes have found interesting, beautiful, educated princesses but he doesn't even look in those places. He's into the latest "actress" whose past movies won't even stand up to minimal scrunity (Angie, Sharon, etc.)"
Sure! Don't forget about genes! PA is inclined to cinematographic and show girls genetically. It's impossible sometimes to struggle against nature :)
Princess Grace of Monaco was a beautiful, graceful, dignified, stylish, serene woman who happened to be an actress. That's what people miss about her. All they see is that she was an actress but most actresses during her time and today can't hold a candle to Grace. She had something inside of her that had nothing to do with what profession she ended up in. She would have shined no matter what she did for a living and seemed to be born to be a princess. Unfortunately, PA doesn't seem to get that part. If he did he would be out there looking for a woman of his mother's character and not her profession.
__________________
  #210  
Old 02-14-2006, 12:56 PM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: unknown, Hong Kong
Posts: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laviollette
Princess Grace of Monaco was a beautiful, graceful, dignified, stylish, serene woman who happened to be an actress. That's what people miss about her. All they see is that she was an actress but most actresses during her time and today can't hold a candle to Grace. She had something inside of her that had nothing to do with what profession she ended up in. She would have shined no matter what she did for a living and seemed to be born to be a princess. Unfortunately, PA doesn't seem to get that part. If he did he would be out there looking for a woman of his mother's character and not her profession.
Why is it that people in general put such a burden on PA as to compare any women he is with to Grace. He is his own person and as far as I am concerned his new companion seems to be a very nice girl. Unlike some of the past he has been linked to in the tabloids.
__________________
  #211  
Old 02-14-2006, 01:25 PM
BurberryBrit's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: onthenet, United States
Posts: 1,439
Who are Freddy and Mary? Their story sound lovely :p

Donatella, I think most women look up to Grace because she was a true lady, which is a rare species today. There aren't very many women raised with class, purpose, drive today. (Not to compare myself with Grace, but I know from my own experiences that if you conduct yourself as a lady, you are treated as a weirdo. How dare you have class? :o) So its not surprising that people want to compare any women that PA dates to Grace. That is inevitable. Unfortunately, I don't think there are many women that he would encounter who have that "Grace-factor" (since he consorts with models, actresses, etc.). JMO
__________________
  #212  
Old 02-14-2006, 01:34 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: San Diego, United States
Posts: 787
Quote:
Originally Posted by donatella
Why is it that people in general put such a burden on PA as to compare any women he is with to Grace. He is his own person and as far as I am concerned his new companion seems to be a very nice girl. Unlike some of the past he has been linked to in the tabloids.
I'm not putting any pressure on PA to find someone like Grace. It seems that it's Albert who is always going after some Grace wanna-be or look-alike or young blonde. If he married someone like CP Mary or Telma Ortiz, that would be fine with me. It is he who constantly hooks up with and then dumps these women (NC, Tamara R. = unsuitable or the latest model/actress = most likely unsuitable or sports babe = Alicia Warlick and now Charlene). I hope it works out between he and Charlene frankly because there has now been this public love-fest. I've said before that she has potential of being a princess but it seems now it would take a lot of work - maybe starting with being more discreet in her comments to the press.
__________________
  #213  
Old 02-14-2006, 01:42 PM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: unknown, Hong Kong
Posts: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laviollette
I'm not putting any pressure on PA to find someone like Grace. It seems that it's Albert who is always going after some Grace wanna-be or look-alike or young blonde. If he married someone like CP Mary or Telma Ortiz, that would be fine with me. It is he who constantly hooks up with and then dumps these women (NC, Tamara R. = unsuitable or the latest model/actress = most likely unsuitable or sports babe = Alicia Warlick and now Charlene). I hope it works out between he and Charlene frankly because there has now been this public love-fest. I've said before that she has potential of being a princess but it seems now it would take a lot of work - maybe starting with being more discreet in her comments to the press.
What comments has she made in the press?
__________________
  #214  
Old 02-14-2006, 01:47 PM
LadyMacAlpine's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: *****, United States
Posts: 2,285
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurberryBrit
Who are Freddy and Mary? Their story sound lovely :p

Donatella, I think most women look up to Grace because she was a true lady, which is a rare species today. There aren't very many women raised with class, purpose, drive today. (Not to compare myself with Grace, but I know from my own experiences that if you conduct yourself as a lady, you are treated as a weirdo. How dare you have class? :o) So its not surprising that people want to compare any women that PA dates to Grace. That is inevitable. Unfortunately, I don't think there are many women that he would encounter who have that "Grace-factor" (since he consorts with models, actresses, etc.). JMO
I was raised to be a lady and don't get looked on as a weirdo. Just men of today's age don't know how to treat one like opening doors and letting her walk through first or on the curb side and he is to walk up the stairs behind her not to look up her short skirt either its for the same reason she follows him down. Curb side to protect her, as a gentleman always stands when a lady approaches a table how many do you see do that or stand when she does to leave it? How many walk you to the ladies room? Only time any man did me was in another country and they stood outside the door. The Italian man I met was a gentleman and treated me properly. You won't even find many men open your car door who claim they are gentleman. Let me say if you don't require it it won't be given unless they are from a family where the mother required it to be done.
__________________
  #215  
Old 02-14-2006, 01:51 PM
BurberryBrit's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: onthenet, United States
Posts: 1,439
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyMacAlpine
I was raised to be a lady and don't get looked on as a weirdo. Just men of today's age don't know how to treat one like opening doors and letting her walk through first or on the curb side and he is to walk up the stairs behind her not to look up her short skirt either its for the same reason she follows him down. Curb side to protect her, as a gentleman always stands when a lady approaches a table how many do you see do that or stand when she does to leave it? How many walk you to the ladies room? Only time any man did me was in another country and they stood outside the door. The Italian man I met was a gentleman and treated me properly. You won't even find many men open your car door who claim they are gentleman. Let me say if you don't require it it won't be given unless they are from a family where the mother required it to be done.
That's what I meant. Men today don't know how to treat a lady. And if you demand that treatment, they look at you as if something is wrong. If a man is used to a woman throwing herself at him, then meets one woman who acts as a lady, then she is the odd one out, or the "weirdo."
__________________
  #216  
Old 02-14-2006, 02:03 PM
LadyMacAlpine's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: *****, United States
Posts: 2,285
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurberryBrit
That's what I meant. Men today don't know how to treat a lady. And if you demand that treatment, they look at you as if something is wrong. If a man is used to a woman throwing herself at him, then meets one woman who acts as a lady, then she is the odd one out, or the "weirdo."
The lady will be appreciated by a man that is a gentleman if he isn't he has no idea what to do with her. That is his problem and he is the weirdo for not understanding the difference between one you can take home to meet the the parents or one you play with. Albet does know how to treat a lady and separate them from the play items. He also knows how to have fun with a lady.
__________________
  #217  
Old 02-14-2006, 02:13 PM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: unknown, Hong Kong
Posts: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyMacAlpine
The lady will be appreciated by a man that is a gentleman if he isn't he has no idea what to do with her. That is his problem and he is the weirdo for not understanding the difference between one you can take home to meet the the parents or one you play with. Albet does know how to treat a lady and separate them from the play items. He also knows how to have fun with a lady.
I could not agree more. A true gentleman knows how to treat someone with class, elegance and grace something PA's old flames did not have. As for these moments with Charlene they seem playful but certainly not sleazy like the other women he has been with at times.
__________________
  #218  
Old 02-14-2006, 02:41 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Boston, United States
Posts: 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by donatella
I could not agree more. A true gentleman knows how to treat someone with class, elegance and grace something PA's old flames did not have. As for these moments with Charlene they seem playful but certainly not sleazy like the other women he has been with at times.
I wouldn't call CW's behaviour sleazy; it's just she's been parading around like she caught a prize pig. She is acting like a smitten school girl instead of a nearly 30-year-old woman who is dating a head of state. My main issue is that there is something wrong here when an IOC member -- a VP no less-- seems to be dating an athlete which could be misconstrued as having undue influence on her career as a swimmer. My feminine intuition says something is just not right here but we'll all have to wait and see where she is during PA's b'day in March, when he is off on his polar expedition, and if and where she starts training to compete on the int'l level again.

Everytime I go out in the back of my mind I hear my mother's voice, somewhere between a command and a threat, telling me to "act like a lady." Not only do many men today not know how to treat a lady, but many women don't know how to act like one.
__________________
  #219  
Old 02-14-2006, 03:06 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: San Diego, United States
Posts: 787
Quote:
Originally Posted by donatella
What comments has she made in the press?
Her comments to the press:

www.suntimes.co.za/2001/07/01/news/news06.htm

However, excusing this interview from five years ago, I wish them well. I hope he and Charlene get married and he finally produces a "legitimate" heir(s). Still, I'm all out of patience and admiration for PA because he is just such a disappointment.
__________________
  #220  
Old 02-14-2006, 03:14 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 1,020
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinklady1991
I wouldn't call CW's behaviour sleazy; it's just she's been parading around like she caught a prize pig. She is acting like a smitten school girl instead of a nearly 30-year-old woman who is dating a head of state. My main issue is that there is something wrong here when an IOC member -- a VP no less-- seems to be dating an athlete which could be misconstrued as having undue influence on her career as a swimmer. My feminine intuition says something is just not right here but we'll all have to wait and see where she is during PA's b'day in March, when he is off on his polar expedition, and if and where she starts training to compete on the int'l level again.

Everytime I go out in the back of my mind I hear my mother's voice, somewhere between a command and a threat, telling me to "act like a lady." Not only do many men today not know how to treat a lady, but many women don't know how to act like one.
Too true, and I could not have said it better myself. I don't know why that's the case either. Maybe the women have such little self-esteem.

I totally agree, and maybe it's just a signal that the women need to be around a better quality of man, even though some men who could be gentlemen do at times treat certain women in their lives very poorly. I just cannot determine why that is the case either....

Maybe it's true on both sides 'all that glitters is not gold'...
__________________

__________________
Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Charlotte Casiraghi Current Events 15 : Jan.2006 - Feb.2006 Ennyllorac Current Events Archive 204 02-25-2006 12:08 PM
Prince William current events 8: Jan-Feb 2006 Martine Current Events Archive 192 02-18-2006 06:15 PM
Charles and Camilla current events 8: Jan-Feb 2006 Warren Current Events Archive 201 02-08-2006 05:05 PM
HSH Prince Albert Current Events 14 : Dec.2005 - Jan.2006 Gabriella Current Events Archive 178 01-12-2006 11:13 PM
HSH Prince Albert Current Events 3 : Jan.2005 - Apr.2005 Lyonnaise Current Events Archive 155 04-08-2005 04:12 PM




Additional Links
Popular Tags
abdication birth charlene chris o'neill crown prince haakon crown princess letizia crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit current events engagement fashion genealogy grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta leonor infanta sofia jordan king abdullah ii king carl xvi gustav king constantine ii king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander luxembourg nobility olympics ottoman poland pom president hollande president komorowski prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince constantijn prince felipe prince floris prince maurits prince pieter-christiaan princess anita princess astrid princess beatrix princess charlene princess laurentien princess letizia princess margriet princess marilene princess mary princess mary fashion princess of asturias queen anne-marie queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal royal fashion russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit sweden the hague wedding



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:17 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]