HSH Prince Albert Current Events 14 : Dec.2005 - Jan.2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, it is a bit icky to be inside the Grimaldi Forum. Going down all these escalators, down down down down. Then sitting in the big room/?? thinking what if the walls broke!?!?!?!?:confused:

Deo Juvante is not a joke. It is just the people who don't listen.

Donna said:
View attachment 223537
Well dearest

Here comes the article. Unfortunately it had to be less than 200KB so you can hardly see what is on it.:( If the moderators can make an exception I can post it in a much better size (498KB or even 1000KB).
Actually that’s not his bedroom. The pictures appeared several years ago when point de vue went with prince albert on a trip to china (I believe) and had an interview with him. The pictures are from the hotel.

Especially when you watch them build it and after you walked once around and saw all the cracks in the walls and the rust showing before they had even officially opened it. I haven't been there when it rains, so I don't know whether the glass roof is leaking too, but in the new train station they have to put up buckets every time we have a drop. The first winter it was opened was one of the rainiest so you can imagine what it was like to wade through the puddles to the train. (of course same construction company as always...)

Donna said:
Deo Juvante is not a joke. It is just the people who don't listen.
Well to me it is when it is chosen as a family motto by someone who just took over the power by being dressed up as a munch. Apart from that I take it with frederick the great: every one their own.

Donna said:
Then Pink can breath easier, and Paca too.
:D :D hew, load taken of my chest.;) Hotel room explains the impression it gave me ;) :D

Perhaps, Prince Albert had been planning these changes long before he took over. Now that he is in control, he has been free to move them to the implementation phase.

paca said:
Oh, another thing is new now: we not only have animals now in the playground, getting someone to reorganize the city for the handicaped, we also have baby swimming now in the pool. We were there today and it was really very well done and the opening hours are much more friendly for families now. It used to be closed on Sundays, but open when the kids were at school. They also have now once a week swimming till 21.00h so finally the working people have achance too. I must say I am amazed. All these things have been done by the cityhall and duely reported in the press (i'm not sre whether the press office have their fingers in that as well, or whether they have their own). These mesures concern mainly families with small children so one has to ask, whether this has to do with PA being a young father (or planning on more;) :D ) or whether they just happened to pull these things out of tehir pockets. Usually those things take up years to change, so I wonder whether they had some pressure from above or what else made them do all those things, when they wouldn't or couldn't do these things before.

paca said:
Personally I'd love to read the text, the bedroom picture OMG I don't think I want to have a closer look, before someone redesigned it. Absolutely not my taste, brrr yuk. Makes me think of sth it shouldn't. Grrr, no no.

Pink, you need to add remodeling the bedroom to your to do list too (oh and of course serving better food at receptions , though I could help you out with that, having myself thought up some nice fingerfood :) - and turning up the heat a nudge in winter)
[/quote]

Going ahead to another post...if it's a hotel room, okay, but sheesh, he packs even more than I do!!! Oh, I think the residences could use a remodel. I read somewhere once that Princess Grace remodeled in the late 70's and nothing really has been done since then. Have to leave my own imprint. ;) I've already got ideas going...:D

Yes, Paca, I've thought about your food comments too. I think there are ways we could do the receptions better... Quite a bit of my job revolves around special event planning so I have a pretty clear idea of how to serve a crowd well for not a lot of money. I'm currently planning a cocktail reception for 250 and a sit down dinner for 400+ in April...crowd of a few thousand...no prob. It's all about economy of scale.

I don't like being cold so the heat is a done deal. (Is PA a polar bear???? Compared to me, he's a big guy...likes the cold...could possibly cause physical pain when showing affection...I dunno...just wondering.)

So let's see, the to-do list includes:
1. Wardrobe overhaul (top priority: new tux)
2. Residence remodel (top priority: new heating system)
3. Improve food at social functions (healthier, improve taste)

What else am I missing? Oh, yeah, provide an heir.:p

I don't think he needs a wife...he needs Martha Stewart. :D

How about that we start our own thread about how we would woo Prince Albert? Free style!! It would be fun and perhaps give Sebastian and Monaco ideas. Besides, Pink needs some ideas for her courtship with him. :)

Going ahead to another post...if it's a hotel room, okay, but sheesh, he packs even more than I do!!! Oh, I think the residences could use a remodel. I read somewhere once that Princess Grace remodeled in the late 70's and nothing really has been done since then. Have to leave my own imprint. ;) I've already got ideas going...:D

I don't like being cold so the heat is a done deal. (Is PA a polar bear???? Compared to me, he's a big guy...likes the cold...could possibly cause physical pain when showing affection...I dunno...just wondering.)

So let's see, the to-do list includes:
1. Wardrobe overhaul (top priority: new tux)
2. Residence remodel (top priority: new heating system)
3. Improve food at social functions (healthier, improve taste)

What else am I missing? Oh, yeah, provide an heir.:p

I don't think he needs a wife...he needs Martha Stewart. :D
I deleted a piece. Nothing wrong with the rooms Grace decorated they are beautiful and tasteful as she was. If there is nothing wrong with them there is no need to waste money decorating when people are starving around the world. If Albert being who he is and using it for an expedition to the Poles to draw attention to the problems of the polar ice caps melting then I'll get long johns and woolly's jump on his sled of huskies and let him yell mush. After the dogs are fed and settled in we'll snuggle in under the covers ourselves. Sounds like a second honeymoon adventure to me. Sorry Albert's already married I don't believe in divorce besides I am still in love with him after all these years. :p

Donna said:
Any news from the new press agent? I wonder what she does when there is nothing happening. Have tea with the staff until a new scandal arises! :p

And I wonder what the next scandal will be. ;)

OK I know she also handles the positive stuff too. But there is nothing happening !!! Neither good or bad !!! Paca and you Monegasques!! What is happening in Monaco? Do you have snow? Earthquakes? (Vulcano outbrakes?:eek: ) Storms? Ocean flooding over the streets? Cars flying into the ocean because of storm? Yachts flying around?
Oh btw there is an old legend that during the great flood MacNeil had his own boat why he wasn't mentioned in the story of Noah and the ark. And my Nana whose wedding band I have on my index finger where Jews use to wear them, her name was MacNeil. MacNeil comes from Niall of the Nine Hostages King of Ireland said to be responsible for kidnapping Saint Patrick. And there is another legend of a dove coming from the mouth of Saint Devote and it lead her boat up to the shores of Monaco. Stay tuned for the continuing saga as to why Albert II of Monaco, hasn't publicly acknowledged marriage to anyone. So fasten your seat belts, put on your safety goggles, grab your life vests and Dramamine if you get sea sick it could get choppy with white caps since the polar ice caps are melting.

LadyMacAlpine said:
Oh btw there is an old legend that during the great flood MacNeil had his own boat why he wasn't mentioned in the story of Noah and the ark. And my Nana whose wedding band I have on my index finger where Jews use to wear them, her name was MacNeil. MacNeil comes from Niall of the Nine Hostages King of Ireland said to be responsible for kidnapping Saint Patrick. And there is another legend of a dove coming from the mouth of Saint Devote and it lead her boat up to the shores of Monaco. Stay tuned for the continuing saga as to why Albert II of Monaco, hasn't publicly acknowledged marriage to anyone. So fasten your seat belts, put on your safety goggles, grab your life vests and Dramamine if you get sea sick it could get choppy with white caps since the polar ice caps are melting.

....As in, truth is sometimes stranger than fiction?

Donna said:
View attachment 223537
Well dearest

Here comes the article. Unfortunately it had to be less than 200KB so you can hardly see what is on it.:( If the moderators can make an exception I can post it in a much better size (498KB or even 1000KB).

Can you post a bigger image of the scan? It is way too small.. It's so hard to see the writing.. Tanx

Lady Mac - good to have you back.

Here is the article from Das Neue Blatt in German for those who understand. For those who don't understand it says that he is advertising for a woman. He has sacked 32 people in his palace staff, his workday is from 8 til midnight and he hasn't taken a vacation for the last two years because he couldn't afford it. :cool:

Enjoy darlings !!!

Er hat’s versprochen, im Juni, kurz nachdem er die Amtsgeschäfte seines Vaters übernomen hatte. „Sie können versichert sein“, so Fürst Albert (47), „ich werde heiraten und eine Familie gründen.“
Nun wartet sein Land. Doch weit und breit ist keine Fürstin in Sicht. Während die Monegassen von einer neuen Gracia Patricia träumen, wurschtelt sich ihr Landesvater allein durch den Alltag.
Im 400-Zimmer-Grimaldi-Palast, so früher wenigstens noch 112 Mitarbeiter herumwuselten, ist es still geworden: Albert hat seinen Personalbestand auf 32 Dienstboten reduziert. Ein Blick in die privaten Räume des Monarchen entlarvt das Dasein eines einsamen Junggesellen: Albert allein am Frühstückstisch. Albert hilflos beim Krawattebinden. Albert versunken zwischen Bergen von Büchern und Akten in seinem Büro.
Auch wenn es in der Öffentlichkeit oft den Anschein hat, als sei der neue Fürst ständig nur mit den schönen Dingen dieser Welt beschäftigt: In Wahrheit führt Albert längst das Leben eines Top-Managers, den der Job auffrisst. 280 Termine standen seit April bis heute in seinem Kalender. Seine Arbeitstage beginnen morgens um 8 Uhr und enden nicht selten erst kurz nach Mitternacht.
„Mein Bruder“, so Prinzessin Stephanie in einem Interview, „hat seit zwei Jahren keinen Urlaub mehr gemacht. Wenn ich ihm etwas schenken könnte, das night mit Geld zu bezahlen ist, dann wären das ein paar Tage Ruhe. Weit weg von seinen Aufgaben und er Öffentlichkeit.“
Stephanie ist zur Zeit offenbar die einzige Frau, die Albert wirklich nahe kommt. Sie entlastet, wo sie entlasten kann. Übernimmt offizielle Aufgaben, berät ihn, lockt ihn auch mal zum Essen aus dem Palast. Aber macht das auf lange Sicht glücklich? „Ich hätte ger eine Beziehung, die ewig dauert“, sagt Albert selbst. Und wer ihn kennt, weiß: Wenn endlich auch das Lachen eigener Kinder durch den Palast hallen würde, wäre das seine Erfüllung.
„Albert“, so seine Freunde, „ist aufmerksam, charmant, humorvoll und großzügig. Er wäre ein toller Ehemann und Vater.“ Was fehlt, ist also einzig und allein die Traumfrau. Vielleicht sollte der Fürst es ja mal mit einer Heiratsanzeige versuchen: „Einsamer Adeliger, reich, ledig, sucht ...“

Last edited:
Well, good that you are posting again. I thought you might be offended by our writing or something. We have been rather nasty to our beloved darling at times.

Hey, I have become aristocracy !!!!!!!! Jíha!!!!:) :) I move up fast in the world!!

rarotonga said:
....As in, truth is sometimes stranger than fiction?
Yes, and I was about to post something else however you will have to wait. I want to get a few hours sleep to be sure what I was typing I want posted for all eyes to see. Its 7:35 am EST and I have been working all night thinking about the next post I would be making.

LadyMacAlpine said:
I deleted a piece. Nothing wrong with the rooms Grace decorated they are beautiful and tasteful as she was. If there is nothing wrong with them there is no need to waste money decorating when people are starving around the world. If Albert being who he is and using it for an expedition to the Poles to draw attention to the problems of the polar ice caps melting then I'll get long johns and woolly's jump on his sled of huskies and let him yell mush. After the dogs are fed and settled in we'll snuggle in under the covers ourselves. Sounds like a second honeymoon adventure to me. Sorry Albert's already married I don't believe in divorce besides I am still in love with him after all these years. :p

Of course Grace had impeccable taste...we just need to refurbish a little...wear and tear you know...and add a few more modern conveniences and each princess would want to leave her own imprint.

I hope Lady M realizes that this is all done tongue-in-cheek of course...I would never ever be a home wrecker...good Catholic girls just don't do that. :p

in former posts it has been said that there were some building projects going on in monaco. can anyone tell me if there is a library? if so, how old it its?

Yes, there is a library, actually 3. One is the regular one, then of course the irish library and the childrens library. We also have a ludotheque et sonotheque and a public videotheque. Borrowing is for free, you just have make a deposit, which will be reimbursed if you no longer which to be a member. So we are not totally behind the modern world ;)

And there is always building going on. Appartment buildings, the new sportsclinic just to mention a few.

pinklady1991 said:
Of course Grace had impeccable taste...we just need to refurbish a little...wear and tear you know...and add a few more modern conveniences and each princess would want to leave her own imprint.

I hope Lady M realizes that this is all done tongue-in-cheek of course...I would never ever be a home wrecker...good Catholic girls just don't do that. :p
Well, I heard the 70s are back, but I didn't like that style much when I grew up in it, so great taste or not, I'm with you on the refurbishing. Besides that's over 30 years ago, has seen 3 children and several grandkids growing up, several generations of dogs, so I think there should be a bit more then just wear and tear.

Well, at least we know according to the article that Donna kindly posted, that there were until now enough people around to do the dusting ad picking up of animal hair and cleaning dog slobber of the furniture. ;) :D

Donna said:
How about that we start our own thread about how we would woo Prince Albert? Free style!! It would be fun and perhaps give Sebastian and Monaco ideas. Besides, Pink needs some ideas for her courtship with him. :)
We could revive the which wife for PA thread for that and maybe you could give us some more insights about his personality from an astrological point of view. And when we are done and have decided on the winner, we all go to the palace and present PA to his wife. ;) :D

paca said:
We could revive the which wife for PA thread for that and maybe you could give us some more insights about his personality from an astrological point of view. And when we are done and have decided on the winner, we all go to the palace and present PA to his wife. ;) :D

Cute idea :)

LadyMacAlpine said:
.... Stay tuned for the continuing saga as to why Albert II of Monaco, hasn't publicly acknowledged marriage to anyone...

Publicly acknowedged??? So are you saying he is already "privately" married to someone?

Donna said:
Lady Mac - good to have you back.

Here is the article from Das Neue Blatt in German for those who understand. For those who don't understand it says that he is advertising for a woman. He has sacked 32 people in his palace staff, his workday is from 8 til midnight and he hasn't taken a vacation for the last two years because he couldn't afford it. :cool:

Enjoy darlings !!!

Donna...could you provide a translation please? My German is pretty weak and I'd like a few more details. I ran it through one of those online translators and it wasn't a really pretty translation. Merci, mille fois, cherie.

paca said:

Yes...this should be a separate thread...
But heavens, paca, the other night we were plotting a coup and now this? This has got to be his nightmare!!

Hmmm...Lady M...first a secret son and now a secret wife????? Drat that Gretchen!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom