HSH Prince Albert Current Events 14 : Dec.2005 - Jan.2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
paca said:
:D certainly he is (like father like son). In politics they call it lobbying, in absolute monarchy it's called do as you're told or we start a democracy ;)

Well, if something like that can so easily overturn his monarchy -- then someone hasn't been consolidating their power properly, now have they.

Ok then, who is the boss in Monaco:confused:.

If PA is being manipulated (I'm not saying he is or not), who's really calling the shots there?

paca said:
:D well, I don't know about brilliant. I'd just call it observant.

Ma chere Paca, you are selling yourself short. I think someone should be running for office. ;) :cool:

paca said:
Unfortunetely I couldn't be employed or elected by neither the French nor by the monegasque government, since I don't have the respective nationality. I would have to marry PA in order to have a say in MC and that is not a likely option (wrong coulour of skin;) :D though my star sign is supposed to get on great with pisces :D ).

Okay, okay...I'll take one for the team...I'll sacrifice myself in order to put Paca's plan into place. :D However, my star sign may present a problem...but I think it's workable.;)

paca said:
ANother dream of mine is to see a place here were handicaped and normal children are being educated together (similar to what Aktion Sonnenschein practises in Germany) and learn to appreciate each other and also a place where retired people would do things with small kids, since most of the kids here don't have their grandparents living near by and it helps keeping te old integrated and feeling useful ad the young to respect the elderly and learn from them.

I think I may try to convince my employer to hire Paca as our new Director of Policy & Planning. We could use stuff like this in the States too.

paca said:
The Pastors are also the reason why suddenly PA is again in favor of enlarging MC again.

Could the Pastors be to PA what Ari Onassis was to Prince Rainier???:confused:

Donna said:
The article I was talking about is in Das Neue Blatt, November 30, 2005, and the headline is "Fürst Albert – Einsamer Adeliger, ledig, reich, 47 Jahre, sucht ... "
I'll scan the picture of his bedroom for the unfortunate women to see, if I get a chance.

The breakfast picture is also revealing. He has Chamomille tea for breakfast, water in a crystal glass, caviar and something gushy in a bowl, which he eats with chopsticks. Maybe he is trying to cut down on food and uses therefore chopsticks.:rolleyes:

Well, if PA is now placing singles ads, maybe he should take a trip to Paris. They are filming "The Bachelor" there... I'm sure some of those ladies would gladly forsake a rose from a doctor for a prince. :D

Caviar for breakfast?????????? That's a bit much.

Prince Albert II of Monaco addresses his New Year wishes to government members, 09 January 2006 in Monaco.
(photos from getty)

Attachments

• 56545975.jpg
    56545975.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 145
  • 56545982.jpg
    56545982.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 181
  • 56545984.jpg
    56545984.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 147
pinklady1991 said:
Caviar for breakfast?????????? That's a bit much.

He has to live up to his image. Isn't he supposed to be so wealthy and so regal?

However I doubt that he was having his breakfast on the picture because the subtitle said he was having a toast for his breakfast. Who eats a toast with chopsticks from a bowl? :eek:

And the caviar could have been black olives. It was just something black in a tiny bowl.

Lillia said:
Well, if something like that can so easily overturn his monarchy -- then someone hasn't been consolidating their power properly, now have they.

Ok then, who is the boss in Monaco:confused:.

If PA is being manipulated (I'm not saying he is or not), who's really calling the shots there?
Well he hasn't done it yet and it too Rainier some time as well.

The bosses in Monaco are the Pastors, the Pallancas (btw related by marriage with the pastors, the wifes are basically running the charity show). Also you should count on the Biancheris. There are a few others but they are not so important a present. The Camporas used to be very important, but it has become rather quiete around them.

purple_platinum said:
Prince Albert II of Monaco addresses his New Year wishes to government members, 09 January 2006 in Monaco.
(photos from getty)
I haven't read the article to the pics yet, but he demanded more innovation from the administration. let you know once I read it

pinklady1991 said:
Ma chere Paca, you are selling yourself short. I think someone should be running for office. ;) :cool:
which office? I'd be glad once I find a well paid job that pays my bills.

Okay, okay...I'll take one for the team...I'll sacrifice myself in order to put Paca's plan into place. :D However, my star sign may present a problem...but I think it's workable.;)
Ok, you marry him and I get to boss him around, while you are having a nice Thalasso day? I think you have a deal. At least I'd get to do the fun part ;) :D

I think I may try to convince my employer to hire Paca as our new Director of Policy & Planning. We could use stuff like this in the States too.
Thanks, but naw as long as W is in place I'd rather not set foot into the US. I'd probably be immediately arrested for having an opinion that is not his and I don't like his all-inclusive club in Cuba. ;) :cool:

Could the Pastors be to PA what Ari Onassis was to Prince Rainier???:confused:
They have already been there with Rainier and grew rich and powerful with him. He trusted them. I heard that he took money from Monegasque families in order to get rid of Onassis (besides of course his deal with the SBM shares, which a French banker thought out for him). So they might be in fact have some sort of honour duty over him, even though the older ones have been burried already. but there are very strong ties, because when Michels daughter (the one married to johny Hallidays son) opened her shop in MC afew years back, PA was there for the opening, which he doesn't do for everybody.

Donna said:
He has to live up to his image. Isn't he supposed to be so wealthy and so regal?

However I doubt that he was having his breakfast on the picture because the subtitle said he was having a toast for his breakfast. Who eats a toast with chopsticks from a bowl? :eek:

And the caviar could have been black olives. It was just something black in a tiny bowl.
Do you still have the article? i'd love to see it just for laughs.:D :D

paca said:
which office? I'd be glad once I find a well paid job that pays my bills..

Any office...one speech and you'd have your pick. And think of what you could earn when you retire and sign a book deal!

paca said:
Ok, you marry him and I get to boss him around, while you are having a nice Thalasso day? I think you have a deal. At least I'd get to do the fun part ;) :D .

Well, being married to him would guarantee me some fun too...:p:) While I do like my spa days, I do have an Master's degree in non-profit administration so I would be taking the charitable work on as my own agenda. With your input of course :D. Does anyone else think Paca and I just plotted a coup? Can we get into trouble for this?

paca said:
Thanks, but naw as long as W is in place I'd rather not set foot into the US. I'd probably be immediately arrested for having an opinion that is not his and I don't like his all-inclusive club in Cuba. ;) :cool: .

Don't blame me for Dumbya and Dr. Evil -- I'm from Massachusetts. Personally, I'd like to send them both for an extended stay in Cuba. There are times when I rue the day my grandparents emigrated but right now I don't think the Italians would take us back.

paca said:
but there are very strong ties, because when Michels daughter (the one married to johny Hallidays son) opened her shop in MC afew years back, PA was there for the opening, which he doesn't do for everybody.

We'll have to start choosing his friends too.

I am just wondering why Monaco has a Prince instead of a King. Has it always been like this?

Where is the scans from Das Neue Blatt? Has it been posted yet?

pinklady1991 said:
Any office...one speech and you'd have your pick. And think of what you could earn when you retire and sign a book deal!
Oh, well maybe I just skip the office, do the book straight away ad become well paid secret advisor;) :D

Well, being married to him would guarantee me some fun too...:p:) While I do like my spa days, I do have an Master's degree in non-profit administration so I would be taking the charitable work on as my own agenda. With your input of course :D. Does anyone else think Paca and I just plotted a coup? Can we get into trouble for this?
Ok, how about you do the money collections and I think up some ways of spending it and when we're done in Monaco and surroundings (because you need to clean up at home first, before you tell others what to do), we move over to Africa .....

Don't blame me for Dumbya and Dr. Evil -- I'm from Massachusetts. Personally, I'd like to send them both for an extended stay in Cuba. There are times when I rue the day my grandparents emigrated but right now I don't think the Italians would take us back.
:D not blaming you at all. just don't get why anyone could have been fooled in the first place (funny though how he got elected in the first place, since no one would admit that they voted for him anymore;) ). Hey, I suppose if everyone who doesn't like him at present would immigrate, he would soon feel very lonely ;)

We'll have to start choosing his friends too.
Being his wife that is your obligation, isn't it?;)

RoyalEnquirer said:
I am just wondering why Monaco has a Prince instead of a King. Has it always been like this?
Yes there was never a king of monaco. And the title was to my knowledge recognized by the French court, were the Grimaldis used to spend most of their time. In those days MC was much bigger then it is today btw.

paca said:
Ok, how about you do the money collections and I think up some ways of spending it and when we're done in Monaco and surroundings (because you need to clean up at home first, before you tell others what to do), we move over to Africa .....

I like your plan. Especially the Africa bit. It is a sad situation. One feels so powerless in the matter, but I guess if many feel they can do a tiny bit, it amounts to a lot.

Go girls!!!!

p.s. the article is on its way!;)

Dasne69.jpg
Well dearest

Here comes the article. Unfortunately it had to be less than 200KB so you can hardly see what is on it.:( If the moderators can make an exception I can post it in a much better size (498KB or even 1000KB).

Donna said:
View attachment 223537
Well dearest

Here comes the article. Unfortunately it had to be less than 200KB so you can hardly see what is on it.:( If the moderators can make an exception I can post it in a much better size (498KB or even 1000KB).
:eek: :eek: Please moderators---make an exception-we live for this stuff!
Thank you Donna!

Any news from the new press agent? I wonder what she does when there is nothing happening. Have tea with the staff until a new scandal arises! :p

And I wonder what the next scandal will be. ;)

OK I know she also handles the positive stuff too. But there is nothing happening !!! Neither good or bad !!! Paca and you Monegasques!! What is happening in Monaco? Do you have snow? Earthquakes? (Vulcano outbrakes?:eek: ) Storms? Ocean flooding over the streets? Cars flying into the ocean because of storm? Yachts flying around?

paca said:
Yes there was never a king of monaco. And the title was to my knowledge recognized by the French court, were the Grimaldis used to spend most of their time. In those days MC was much bigger then it is today btw.

Thanks!!! :)

Donna said:
Any news from the new press agent? I wonder what she does when there is nothing happening. Have tea with the staff until a new scandal arises! :p

OK I know she also handles the positive stuff too. But there is nothing happening !!! Neither good or bad !!! Paca and you Monegasques!! What is happening in Monaco? Do you have snow? Earthquakes? (Vulcano outbrakes?:eek: ) Storms? Ocean flooding over the streets? Cars flying into the ocean because of storm? Yachts flying around?

They're preparing a course of action for the coup that Paca and I were plotting last night. :D ;)

teense said:
:eek: :eek: Please moderators---make an exception-we live for this stuff!
Thank you Donna!

You could always make it series of posts that don't exceed 200k.
:cool:

Donna said:

NO, no news at present. They are preparing the Circus festival and are discussing what PA said to the admin for new year (still haven't read the article and there is aother one in todays paper too).

As to the new press lady (sounds like those laundry people doesn't it:cleaning and pressing - 5 Euros;) :D ), apart from having been hired, I haven't noticed much about her. I suppose she is advising him about his public appearance (what tie to wear etc - guess when you don't have a wife, you hire one) and speeches and has the press office watch how it is reported in the press. It has been said that she used to advise others as well, so I assume she will continue doing that and just give the whole thing a strategy. mainly I think they needed someone to reintegrate the press office into the palace's working, so that actually they can reply to requests from journalists and maybe arrange interviews etc.

Also at present we don't have snow, though there was some around here (it is one of the coolest winters since I moved here) and we haven't had any earthquakes in a while. There were some minor ones a while back, but the last really noticable one was end 2000 while I was pregnant with my boys and thought that was a rather huge kick as I was lying on my bed and it started to move. It only registered in my brain as a quake when my ex rang to see how I was doing.

Oh, another thing is new now: we not only have animals now in the playground, getting someone to reorganize the city for the handicaped, we also have baby swimming now in the pool. We were there today and it was really very well done and the opening hours are much more friendly for families now. It used to be closed on Sundays, but open when the kids were at school. They also have now once a week swimming till 21.00h so finally the working people have achance too. I must say I am amazed. All these things have been done by the cityhall and duely reported in the press (i'm not sre whether the press office have their fingers in that as well, or whether they have their own). These mesures concern mainly families with small children so one has to ask, whether this has to do with PA being a young father (or planning on more;) :D ) or whether they just happened to pull these things out of tehir pockets. Usually those things take up years to change, so I wonder whether they had some pressure from above or what else made them do all those things, when they wouldn't or couldn't do these things before.

Donna said:
I am not that technically advanced. :confused:
You could try to just scan the text bit and the pics seperately. I did that with some articles I posted a while back. took me some time, but when I was on the verge of madness, it finally worked (still haven't quite recovered, hence the crazy ideas that keep findig their ways into my fingers and on this page;) :D )

paca said:
As to the new press lady...I suppose she is advising him about his public appearance (what tie to wear etc - guess when you don't have a wife, you hire one) and speeches and has the press office watch how it is reported in the press. It has been said that she used to advise others as well, so I assume she will continue doing that and just give the whole thing a strategy. mainly I think they needed someone to reintegrate the press office into the palace's working, so that actually they can reply to requests from journalists and maybe arrange interviews etc.

Hmm...wardrobe consultant...I'll add that to my to-do list. ;) It probably takes a while to get things scheduled, and I don't think PA is the press' darling right now with the whole PM mess. She is probably figuring out what kind of spin they want to put on this first year or so starting with the trip to the North Pole.

paca said:
Oh, another thing is new now: we not only have animals now in the playground, getting someone to reorganize the city for the handicaped, we also have baby swimming now in the pool. We were there today and it was really very well done and the opening hours are much more friendly for families now. It used to be closed on Sundays, but open when the kids were at school. They also have now once a week swimming till 21.00h so finally the working people have achance too. I must say I am amazed. All these things have been done by the cityhall and duely reported in the press (i'm not sre whether the press office have their fingers in that as well, or whether they have their own). These mesures concern mainly families with small children so one has to ask, whether this has to do with PA being a young father (or planning on more;) :D ) or whether they just happened to pull these things out of tehir pockets. Usually those things take up years to change, so I wonder whether they had some pressure from above or what else made them do all those things, when they wouldn't or couldn't do these things before.

I thought PA mentioned in his speech last July that focusing on children and families. Whether his own fatherhood is influencing it or not, it really doesn't matter. Probably a matter of being seen getting things he said he wanted to do done in a pretty timely fashion which could take pressure off bigger things. It also may be that these plans were already in planning stages and at an opportune time came to fruition. Alternately, it could be seen as a quid pro quo for having to cede on bigger things like expansion.

paca said:
You could try to just scan the text bit and the pics seperately. I did that with some articles I posted a while back. took me some time, but when I was on the verge of madness, it finally worked (still haven't quite recovered, hence the crazy ideas that keep findig their ways into my fingers and on this page;) :D )

I could write the text for you. That would take me much less time than going to the scanner service and asking them to do something, then fighting in into the forum. However if there are particular pictures you would like to see, for instance the bedroom picture, I could ask them to only scan that. :eek:

paca said:
I suppose she is advising him about his public appearance (what tie to wear etc - guess when you don't have a wife, you hire one)

I don't see any difference in his dressing. How hard can it be to choose a tie? He obviously had his colours done (he is summer, for those interested), so his wardrobe consists of blues, reds, pinks, greys, occational yellow and black for funerals. Everything goes together.

You have the coolest winters, we had the warmest November for appr. 100 years. I guess global warming is coming in on us. Our glaciers will start to melt soon, raising the surface of the ocean, perhaps drowning Monaco. What do you think about that?

Congratulation on the baby swimming and all the progress. How wonderful to hear that you are approaching the modern world. When will you get rid of your medieval church, which condemns divorced people and gays?

Personally I'd love to read the text, the bedroom picture OMG I don't think I want to have a closer look, before someone redesigned it. Absolutely not my taste, brrr yuk. Makes me think of sth it shouldn't. Grrr, no no.

Pink, you need to add remodeling the bedroom to your to do list too (oh and of course serving better food at receptions , though I could help you out with that, having myself thought up some nice fingerfood :) - and turning up the heat a nudge in winter)

Donna said:
I don't see any difference in his dressing. How hard can it be to choose a tie? He obviously had his colours done (he is summer, for those interested), so his wardrobe consists of blues, reds, pinks, greys, occational yellow and black for funerals. Everything goes together.
I have no idea why it is so hard, but the male ligue usually makes quite a fuss about it.

You have the coolest winters, we had the warmest November for appr. 100 years. I guess global warming is coming in on us. Our glaciers will start to melt soon, raising the surface of the ocean, perhaps drowning Monaco. What do you think about that?
That's why I'm teaching the little ones to swim ;) :D I'm living on a rock, so the waters have to rise a bit in order to get to where I am. All the new bits of MC would disappear of course, but since we are close to being moles seeing what we have built underground, we might just put some extra strong glass up and put a new meaning to seaview;) :D

Congratulation on the baby swimming and all the progress. How wonderful to hear that you are approaching the modern world. When will you get rid of your medieval church, which condemns divorced people and gays?
possibly when they found out that deo juvante was a joke and not a credo.;) :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom