HSH Prince Albert Current Events 14 : Dec.2005 - Jan.2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
mw7060a said:
Prince Albert does have a child. He has a son. If you mean, on the other hand, about giving actual birth and Princess Caroline being thin as opposed to Prince Albert not having giving actual birth but still being fat, then I offer this as a possibility (not an excuse, but a possibility).
People under a lot of stress (such as being Sovereign of a country and having to deal with making decisions affecting the lives of thousands; dealing with foreign leaders, etc...) may tend to overeat when under a lot of pressure. Food being used as a way of comforting oneself. I dunno... might be what Prince Albert is doing.
Actually I think he doesn't have as much time to do sports as he used to ad then of course there are these official luncheons, that are really not meant for people on a diet (it's like xmas everyday;) ). Also sometimes, when you are under a lot of pressure and can't really share it with someone who understands, no matter how little you eat, you keep your weight or even gain weight. I have some experience with this myself. I never used to have any weight problems, but after being pregnant with twins, I never lost the weight and thanks to dieting I even gained more. Being in an unhappy relationship didn't help either. Ever since I got rid of my relationship I lost heaps of weight, without even dieting. Actually at times I ate more then before, but since the negative stress has gone, my body apparently didn't need the extra fat.

So even though I made fun before, I do understand that there are times in life when weight might become a problem and you can't do anything about it. Let's hope this is just a temporary phase and he will soon get back to his normal shape. Ad I mena that for health reasons not estetic reasons.

Paca is right...sounds like emotional issues to me...when you think of all of the stress (personal, political, etc) PA has been under since March (or earlier) it makes sense (this from another emotional eater). It does seem to me that he is everywhere at once as well?? :confused: I don't know about anyone else, but that kind of frantic pace and the extraordinary celebrations over the past two months probably wouldn't be beneficial to anyone. He's still my type though...:p

how many people think albert will marry someone as skinny as a rail? imo, i think he will marry a very thin women

any new pictures of alexandre coste? all those grimaldi kids are cute as a button

semisquare said:
how many people think albert will marry someone as skinny as a rail? imo, i think he will marry a very thin women

Yes, I think he will marry what Tom Wolfe called a "social x-ray." I also don't think his weight gain is anything permanent (I hope?).

Again, on a lighter note...does anyone else think it's rather funny that we're talking about a man the way women usually talk about other women? ;)

pinklady1991 said:
Yes, I think he will marry what Tom Wolfe called a "social x-ray." I also don't think his weight gain is anything permanent (I hope?).

Again, on a lighter note...does anyone else think it's rather funny that we're talking about a man the way women usually talk about other women? ;)
I disagree, we are talking about a man as men talk about women, only we are more polite and assume that he still has qualities that might attract a woman to fall in love with him. In a reverse scenario the guys might have said sth like this (or worse): " eh look at that fat chick over there. Looks like a stranded beach whale. With that body, the guy who wants to marry her must be pretty desperate. Lucky she has some money to make up for it otherwise she might as well sign up for the convent." Btw those guys tend to be heavily overweight.

Last edited:
paca said:
I disagree, we are talking about a man as men talk about women, only we are more polite and assume that he still has qualities that might attract a woman to fall in love with him. In a reverse scenario the guys might have said sth like this (or worse): " eh look at that fat chick over there. Looks like a stranded beach whale. With that body, the guy who wants to marry her must be pretty desperate. Lucky she has some money to make up for it otherwise she might as well sign up for the convent."

True enough. True enough. Vous m'en avez repris encore une fois. I wonder why women can see beyond the physical much quicker. (Please pardon my French, I'm out of practice but have been dying to use it for quite a while).

pinklady1991 said:
True enough. True enough. Vous m'en avez repris encore une fois. I wonder why women can see beyond the physical much quicker. (Please pardon my French, I'm out of practice but have been dying to use it for quite a while).

Well, about Albert's weight, I heard it's hard for a guy over 40 to stop the "belly's growing" so it's like a natural thing, besides women always fight harder the weight gain for the reasons stated before; I think Albert has reached the stage in life in which most things are more important than gaining a few pounds...

I disagree that all men look at all heavy women and degrade them. Some men actually prefer ladies with softness. There are way too many heavy women in Iceland and they seem to find men, not necessarily heavy men. Let's keep in mind that there are voluptous women who can be extremely sexy and then there are sadly heavy women who need three seats in an airplane.

I also disagree that our beloved prince is fat. He has a belly, a big one perhaps, but you don't see his thighs flying all over. It is in his character to become lazy and eat too much if there is good food on offer. And he probably eats for comfort like has been said.

Last but not least I think he will not marry a bony woman, but someone who is natural, with soft lines and maternal looking.

Donna said:
I disagree that all men look at all heavy women and degrade them. Some men actually prefer ladies with softness. There are way too many heavy women in Iceland and they seem to find men, not necessarily heavy men. Let's keep in mind that there are voluptous women who can be extremely sexy and then there are sadly heavy women who need three seats in an airplane.

I also disagree that our beloved prince is fat. He has a belly, a big one perhaps, but you don't see his thighs flying all over. It is in his character to become lazy and eat too much if there is good food on offer. And he probably eats for comfort like has been said.

Last but not least I think he will not marry a bony woman, but someone who is natural, with soft lines and maternal looking.
Ok second try after my other mail got lost in cyberspace..

I agree that not all men are like that, but unfortunately in western culture we worship skinniness and push people (even men nowadays) into annorexia etc.

Personally, I think that a woman with curves is much more attractive than what in German is called "Hungerhaken". Also a bit of meat on a man doesn't hurt, as long as it is within limits and does not cause health problems.

I think I mentioned that I wasn't impressed with the food at the palace. Of course it was only little titbits, but they were filled with fat and sugar. Also french cooks love fat as a taste enhancer, so they are very generous with oil, butter and cream. Then of course most meals consist of several courses and he probably eats 2 full cooked meals plus little titbits on receptions. Add the alcohol and you are easy on 3000 calories per day. And you would have to do a lot of sports or physical work to burn those off.

Another reason, I believe, is the lack of a companionship in his life. I'm sure he would look more after himself if there was and she might do it as well, by making sure he eats healthy and gets some stress release.

As to whom he is going to marry Donna, where do you get your certainty about the type he is going to marry? I do agree with what you wrote also in other posts with the kind you are describing, but I don't think he is really attracted to this type, although I guess he knows it would be the best choice for himself and his country.

paca said:
As to whom he is going to marry Donna, where do you get your certainty about the type he is going to marry? I do agree with what you wrote also in other posts with the kind you are describing, but I don't think he is really attracted to this type, although I guess he knows it would be the best choice for himself and his country.

I missed Donna's description of the type PA is going to marry. What type is it? IMHO, Someone who is rail thin does not mean the best choice for PA and his country.

Polfoto 29-12-2005 Prince Albert of Monaco, centre red tie, leaves the Childrens Monegasque Educare Center in Khayalitsha, Cape Town, South Africa, Thursday, Dec. 29, 2005. The Prince signed a memorandum of understanding on improving childhood development institutions which has been sponsored by the Monaco Royal Family.

Attachments

• AP528177_guest.jpg
    AP528177_guest.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 263
rarotonga said:
I missed Donna's description of the type PA is going to marry. What type is it? IMHO, Someone who is rail thin does not mean the best choice for PA and his country.
Donna: Last but not least I think he will not marry a bony woman, but someone who is natural, with soft lines and maternal looking.
You'd have to look in the wife for PA thread to see howels she describe a prospective candidate.

Last edited:
purple_platinum said:
Polfoto 29-12-2005 Prince Albert of Monaco, centre red tie
Thanks to Polfoto for that explaination ;) and of course thanks purple for that new pic!

Pace, have you heard or read anything of an organization created by Nicole named SIPA? I am not sure of the correct name but it is similar. I recently read it on the internet and I am curious of what this organization represents. The article did not go into detail it just mentioned she was starting this starting new organization.

Thanks.

http://www.news24.com/News24/South_Africa/News/0,,2-7-1442_1856769,00.html
This is a link for an article that describes how PA is helping to fund child care in Africa. Interesting news, with what we have learned from this thread about the child care availability in Monaco.
Maybe he doesn't realize the difficulty working parents have in finding child care in his own country.After reading the posts in todays thread ,I understand that child care for children under the age of 3 is challenging to find in Monaco.
But it is very kind of him to fund the centers abroad--Im sure they are in great need. He seems to have a big heart for children...
Its great that he is on a "private holiday" in South Africa. I bet he has someone special on holiday with him--to ring in the new year...

Last edited:
I will settle this Albert will announce he meet someone.

Lady M...please tell how you got your info!! (No sarcasm intended.) How interesting and exciting... Please a few more hints????????????

LadyMacAlpine said:
:) Will he announce an engagement?
Usually ,just a "special relationship" is not "announced"--but an engagement always is...
A lot of proposals take place on New years Eve!

LadyMacAlpine said:

Oh Dear LadyMacAlpine, please don't tease us with so little information. Please, please elaborate.

lynda said:
Pace, have you heard or read anything of an organization created by Nicole named SIPA? I am not sure of the correct name but it is similar. I recently read it on the internet and I am curious of what this organization represents. The article did not go into detail it just mentioned she was starting this starting new organization.

Thanks.
Nope, I haven't heard anything at all, unless she has taken over SIPA to have her pictures distributed directly;) :D . She is pretty much a non topic around here. You certainly wouldn't read anything about her in the MC section. And even in the main section only if it has been printed in other press before. One shouldn't forget, that PA owns part of the paper, so they always tread carefully.

LadyMacAlpine said:
Well, that is a surprise ( I hope it is not the one kissing him the other day, because she will have a very bad stand - and she knows it, as she has mentioned to me). It must be very serious, since he never announces anything until he is certain and if it is sth that is still in its beginnings, he should know better since the poor woman will be terribly scrutinzed for the next few months.

Well, maybe next year we'll be preparing his wedding.;) :D

For the German speakers among us a link to an article about PA. No news really just a short portrait and for once (which will please Sebastian) they are discussing the Caro/Steph relation in a far less dramatic way, then we are used to read.

http://www.gala.de/topstories/index.html?id=104001

Thanks Paca, One can never tell about Nicole. She is full of surprises...:-D

paca said:
For the German speakers among us a link to an article about PA. No news really just a short portrait and for once (which will please Sebastian) they are discussing the Caro/Steph relation in a far less dramatic way, then we are used to read.

http://www.gala.de/topstories/index.html?id=104001

:) Yeah, thanx. That one pleases me, really :p;). It's nicely written.

sebastian said:
:) Yeah, thanx. That one pleases me, really :p;). It's nicely written.
:D I thought it would. It takes the drama out of all those exaggerated articles. Maybe the journalist wanted to show that she actually can write a story. On the other hand Gala seems to write much better articles, since they don't seem to jump on every "sensation" anymore. I also like the portrait of PA. And it's true, whenever there is sth about him circling, it never lasts very long. There might be pics of Nicole around, but they don't make it frontpage anymore, because everyone knows who she is and there is nothing new.

paca said:
:D I thought it would. It takes the drama out of all those exaggerated articles. Maybe the journalist wanted to show that she actually can write a story. On the other hand Gala seems to write much better articles, since they don't seem to jump on every "sensation" anymore. I also like the portrait of PA. And it's true, whenever there is sth about him circling, it never lasts very long. There might be pics of Nicole around, but they don't make it frontpage anymore, because everyone knows who she is and there is nothing new.

Yes, I think you're right.
BTW you seem to be brilliant in german :)

sebastian said:
Yes, I think you're right.
BTW you seem to be brilliant in german :)
:D That's probably because it is my mothertongue and since that wasn't enough for me, I studied German literature.:D

paca said:
:D That's probably because it is my mothertongue and since that wasn't enough for me, I studied German literature.:D

Ahh, cool - it's my mothertongue as well :) ... sorry didn't know it is yours too:eek::p ...

It would be very nice if Prince Albert find someone and get married before he's 50.. Monaco is in crisis for a new princess!! ;) What do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom