The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-05-2005, 03:25 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyMacAlpine
I believe the Palace is already aware of this site and several others. I also understood Albert to say he was very heterosexual but he had gay friends that he wasn't and it was the reason people began to say he was which he isn't. My friend in Monaco who knows Albert has said the same thing. Being a man he should have some insight into it.
??? ??? How did the gay topic come back in? I thought that was settled a longtime ago, especially after NC and his son? I think you might have misunderstood sth about my mail. The person who is friends with PA is indeed male, but also very heterosexual and very married. He is very proud of considering himself his friend and that leads him to maybe talk about things that IMO he should keep to himself. He didn't tell me big family secrets, but still they are personal and none of my business really. So I listen, but don't pass it on.

As to PA being gay: who ever saw PA look at a pretty woman, knows he is anything but gay. I always said he wasn't gay and that I didn't believe the rumours, but if you see that look, you wonder how that ever even came into mentioning.

Old 12-05-2005, 03:33 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by mar
Paca.
I'm searching for photo's of Princess Antoinette. Do you know where to find and where to buy this photo's?
Is she still living in Eze sur Mer.
She adore's amimals?Like cats and dogs.
She is also again the bullfighting?
My Englis is not very good but i hop you understand me?Do you live in Monaco? What a nice palce. I've been there several times.
Regards, Mac
There have been picture posted in another thread, you might also want to look at the enthronement photos.
As far as I know she still lives in the same place ad she is still responsible for the animal shelters and also presides the cat and dog shows, which take place once a year. She also meets with some other associations regularly.

No I do not live in MC, I live in France (I used to live there , but rent is too expensive for the small flats on offer), but I can spit from my balcony almost into Monaco (though I'd better not do that, since a policeman stands day and night on that road). So even though I don't live there, I am there several times a day. And yes it is nice, but there are also a lot of disadvantages, that I won't go into here.

Hope this helped a little.:)

Old 12-05-2005, 05:55 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by paca
??? ??? How did the gay topic come back in? I thought that was settled a longtime ago, especially after NC and his son? I think you might have misunderstood sth about my mail. The person who is friends with PA is indeed male, but also very heterosexual and very married. He is very proud of considering himself his friend and that leads him to maybe talk about things that IMO he should keep to himself. He didn't tell me big family secrets, but still they are personal and none of my business really. So I listen, but don't pass it on.

As to PA being gay: who ever saw PA look at a pretty woman, knows he is anything but gay. I always said he wasn't gay and that I didn't believe the rumours, but if you see that look, you wonder how that ever even came into mentioning.
Thats what I understood you to be saying and so did some others that read it I posted to it coming across that way.
Old 12-05-2005, 06:58 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyMacAlpine
Thats what I understood you to be saying and so did some others that read it I posted to it coming across that way.
I still don't see how my mentioning that I know someone who is a friend of PA and proud of calling himself his friend can be interpreted as suggesting that PA is gay? I never said it, I never insinuated it and never believed it. So unless the word friend, especially in regards of a man, has suddenly become synonimous with boyfriend, a development in the English language I wasn't aware of, I do not see how my post could have been interpreted that way, besides that I don't think it needs any interpretation when I state that I know one of his friends. I know a lot of people who meet PA regularly , tough wouldn't call themselves his friends - (when you live here it has hard to not know someone around you who has some sort of connection with the palace - i.e. my neighbourghs daughter used to work for Steph, my friends father in law used to work as PAs bodyguard, my kids babysitter is friends with the princes chamberlain etc etc) and are proud of being allowed to shake his hand. So really, unless my English has incredibly deteriorated recently, I don't understand how that could have happened.

So once again for those who jumped to the conclusion that the friend I mentioned was PAs gay boyfriend: PA is not gay, never was and never will be. And if my mails are misleading or confusing, please feel free to ask, what I meant. I'll be happy to clear up any misunderstandings that might be due to my misuse of the English language.
Old 12-05-2005, 07:26 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
I still don't see how my mentioning that I know someone who is a friend of PA and proud of calling himself his friend can be interpreted as suggesting that PA is gay? I never said it, I never insinuated it and never believed it. So unless the word friend, especially in regards of a man, has suddenly become synonimous with boyfriend, a development in the English language I wasn't aware of, I do not see how my post could have been interpreted that way, besides that I don't think it needs any interpretation when I state that I know one of his friends. I know a lot of people who meet PA regularly , tough wouldn't call themselves his friends - (when you live here it has hard to not know someone around you who has some sort of connection with the palace - i.e. my neighbourghs daughter used to work for Steph, my friends father in law used to work as PAs bodyguard, my kids babysitter is friends with the princes chamberlain etc etc) and are proud of being allowed to shake his hand. So really, unless my English has incredibly deteriorated recently, I don't understand how that could have happened.

So once again for those who jumped to the conclusion that the friend I mentioned was PAs gay boyfriend: PA is not gay, never was and never will be. And if my mails are misleading or confusing, please feel free to ask, what I meant. I'll be happy to clear up any misunderstandings that might be due to my misuse of the English language.
This is what you said.
Quote:
I think I know a better way of introducing the site to him. I know one of his friends , who incidentely seems to be very proud of this and thus talks a lot more about things then he should, but I also noticed that it goes both ways
I and some of my friends took that as to mean they were more then friends in how you said it as if they were closer then friends. I posted how it came across to us I'm sorry you didn't understand my post on it. Perhaps its the English translation and the fact I don't like when people bash Albert as they do all the time its makes me defensive as you became. There's no problem on my end hope there is none on yours.
Old 12-05-2005, 07:44 PM
Heir Apparent

Prince Albert II

1.- is given the jersey of the Messina soccer team by the team's president Pietro Franza, second from left, during a ceremony where Prince Albert II was awarded the XIII Bonino Puleo Foundation prize by Italian Defence Minister Antonio Martino in Messina, Sicily, Monday, Dec. 5, 2005
From polfoto

2.- receives the international award "Uberto Bonino" in recognition of his presidency of the International Commission for the Scientific Exploration of the Mediterranean, from Italian Defence minister Antonio Martino in Messina, 05 December 2005
from getty
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	AP493411_guest.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	37.8 KB
ID:	218645   Click image for larger version

Name:	56336334.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	35.3 KB
ID:	218646  
Old 12-05-2005, 08:17 PM
Royal Highness

Please get back on topic. Paca had already stated what she meant by her comment, so let's just leave it be and move on. :)

Old 12-06-2005, 05:23 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriella
Please get back on topic. Paca had already stated what she meant by her comment, so let's just leave it be and move on. :)
Thank you Gabriella.
Old 12-06-2005, 05:29 AM
Serene Highness

Here some links about the visit to the pope
http://www.cwnews.com/news/viewstory.cfm?recnum=41089
http://www.agi.it/english/news.pl?do...-eng.oggitalia
Old 12-07-2005, 10:00 AM
Heir Apparent

More pictures of Prince Albert in Vatican
(courtesy of deadline)

Old 12-07-2005, 10:00 AM
Heir Apparent

some more from deadline

Old 12-07-2005, 10:59 AM
Heir Apparent

Location: Somewhere in the middle of the River Po Valley, Italy
Prince Albert official 2 Euro coin (ebay):

http://img165.imageshack.us/img165/1...87982544ul.jpg
Old 12-07-2005, 05:42 PM

Hello everybody!
I didn't know that Monaco belonged to the Euroland since it's not even a member of the EU...
Old 12-07-2005, 07:11 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleGa
Hello everybody!
I didn't know that Monaco belonged to the Euroland since it's not even a member of the EU...
Monacos currency was always related to the French currency. Thus before the monegasque Francs had the same value as the French franc, looked exactly the same (except of course for the specific images on the coins), but was valid inside and outside Monaco as the French Franc. When France changed to Euro, Rainier was a bit worried about the Monaco franc, but managed to have the authorization to use the Euro as well. Nowadays Monaco is associated with the EU, though not (yet) a fully recognized member. But there is a monegasque delegation in Brussels.
Old 12-07-2005, 07:13 PM
Courtier

Albert is not that bald.
Old 12-07-2005, 07:17 PM
Aristocracy

it does not look like him, you know when i saw it i thought it was Juan Carlos King of Spain
Lady Tropical Paradise; this is an especulative site, and we are here because we have time to spare, my opinions and yours, are just that and nobody will get hurt if we express them. Have a great life.
Old 12-08-2005, 04:37 AM
Gentry

Angry What a terrible likeness!

Could they not find someone more artistically talented to do the portrait? Man, that's bad! I could probably do a better job!
Old 12-08-2005, 09:57 AM
Aristocracy

Christmas

Question to Paca:

Does Prince Albert usually attend Christmas Mass? Do you have a midnight mass on Christmas Eve and is that the one he attends, if he attends any?

What hymns will you be performing in the mass?

I would appreciate an answer. Thanks in advance.
Donna
Old 12-08-2005, 11:40 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna
Question to Paca:

Does Prince Albert usually attend Christmas Mass? Do you have a midnight mass on Christmas Eve and is that the one he attends, if he attends any?

What hymns will you be performing in the mass?

I would appreciate an answer. Thanks in advance.
Donna
I don't know whether they are going to change things now, but usually they have their own service in the palace chapel. There is a midnight mass in the Cathedral, which will be accompanied by the boy choir and the adult choir. It will be known xmas songs, like adeste fideles and songs written by father Carol in Monegasques (Rainier used to love those particularly). They only attend service in the Cathedral twice a year: at St Devote, which is open to all public and on National Holiday, where you need an invitation.
Old 12-08-2005, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Monacos currency was always related to the French currency. Thus before the monegasque Francs had the same value as the French franc, looked exactly the same (except of course for the specific images on the coins), but was valid inside and outside Monaco as the French Franc. When France changed to Euro, Rainier was a bit worried about the Monaco franc, but managed to have the authorization to use the Euro as well. Nowadays Monaco is associated with the EU, though not (yet) a fully recognized member. But there is a monegasque delegation in Brussels.
Thanks for the information.:)

Closed Thread