HSH Prince Albert Current Events 12 : Sept.2005 - Nov.2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i was in the NY and WA-DC area during the UN meetings and all the politiking-money-power compound there, thru this week, and I saw PA II (granted he was coming out as we were coming in) so, the last time we saw him (3 years ago) he looked good for his age, but his time he is not holding on too well. He was smiling coyly as always but he has got the Prince Rainier cold stare as well. It's very lonely at the top and betrayal hurts at any level. There is a ton of crap going on at the rumor mill and I hope (probably) none is true. The latest; the count for PAII "kids" does not stop at Eric Coste and Jazmin Rotolo. So let me see if I can gather more info but it looks like mere gossip and payback to me.

hsh1969 said:
i was in the NY and WA-DC area during the UN meetings and all the politiking-money-power compound there, thru this week, and I saw PA II ... the last time we saw him (3 years ago) he looked good for his age, but this time he is not holding on too well. He was smiling coyly as always but he has got the Prince Rainier cold stare as well. It's very lonely at the top and betrayal hurts at any level. There is a ton of crap going on at the rumor mill and I hope (probably) none is true...

I often hear men say how grounded they feel being married. I hope one day, Albert will get to feel this luxury.

you know that's sort of like I thought afterward, but he will need a woman with the beauty of Caroline, the warmth of Stephanie and the character of Rainier, there was a "Damsel-Princess" in Grace but that was her time and her duty. I don't like comparisons Monaco had a PG and with one was enough. The next princess however will have to bite the silver, gold, copper and bring every bullet of every metal there is ;) to take care of, because it's not going to be easy.

Hi HSH,
I am sure this is caddy gossip. No one really knows what happened in these relationships. We will never be privy to any of this information.

Being in conferences/meetings all day and dealing with many personalities can take its toll on anybody. Politics is never an easy task and with all of the bullcrap that goes on behind closed doors can contribute to the aging process. :)

PA has been trained since a young lad to take on this big responsibility. Presently he is now governing his principality so the spotlight is shining on him and everybody is examining and critiquing all things.

PA is just getting his feet wet on running his country without his father’s guidance. PR is no longer here to advise him. I feel he will do a great job. These are big shoes to fill and his doting father is no longer around to protect him. In due time it will all come together and he will be a great leader. People just need to give him a chance and stop digging into his personal life.

I feel optimistic PA will be fine. All of this gossiping will soon pass like everything else.

lynda said:
Hi HSH,
I am sure this is caddy gossip. No one really knows what happened in these relationships. We will never be privy to any of this information.

Being in conferences/meetings all day and dealing with many personalities can take its toll on anybody. Politics is never an easy task and with all of the bullcrap that goes on behind closed doors can contribute to the aging process. :)

PA has been trained since a young lad to take on this big responsibility. Presently he is now governing his principality so the spotlight is shining on him and everybody is examining and critiquing all things.

PA is just getting his feet wet on running his country without his father’s guidance. PR is no longer here to advise him. I feel he will do a great job. These are big shoes to fill and his doting father is no longer around to protect him. In due time it will all come together and he will be a great leader. People just need to give him a chance and stop digging into his personal life.

I feel optimistic PA will be fine. All of this gossiping will soon pass like everything else.

I agree. Prince Albert has very big shoes to fill. His UN address this year made me, combined with the recent NY Times article, made me more optimistic about his reign. He certainly was trained by the best, his father! Rainier was amazing, the way he modernized Monaco, the way he foresaw the necessary changes. He set a great example for his son. Albert obviously has the reverence for Rainier's vision that one should. I feel very confident he will try to continue the path Rainier set out on. Albert has a good heart.
He should be more careful though.

Hi everybody: it seems we need some "Botox" shipment going to Monaco (just kidding).
Independently that age takes it's toll and PAII is closer to 50 than to 40, also loneliness takes a heavy burden. At that age I don't imagine anybody you does need a loyal-friendly partner, even dogs look for company. That's why I don't blame him for all his failures, he is a prince but also a human being, so failures for him and for the rest of us as humans is not a option, it's a life's rite. I don't doubt that he'll be (I do believe he is already) a good prince, but in Monaco a good heart and smile will only take you so long. Time has passed since PR took Monaco and thru his dealings (which by the way many will find some of those dealings very questionable by today more transparent standards) and made an "it" place. Monaco needed PR at that time the same way Monaco needs PA now. The only shoes he has to fill are his own, every morning he gets up to take his job. Monaco is a different "moster" now as I have heard my husband and my father in law said (both of them has dealt with Monaco's business at different times and not necessarily with the princely family). Press and technology has made things more transparent and efficient, and Albert has inherit the throne in this techno age and (this I know by personal involment) he also is trying to be a more globally responsible person than his father was.

I don't know if any of you read that the way he described the way he is ruling is "By the Grace of God" so God will bring the right person for him and the principality.

It's not an article, with supporting sources, it's a gossip opinion.

I feel I should be lighting candles in churches to assist the Prince in finding a suitable mate. The sooner he has one, the sooner the ex girlfriends will cease to be interesting to the media. The visits with the offspring might become more frequent too.

Gaia said:
I feel I should be lighting candles in churches to assist the Prince in finding a suitable mate. The sooner he has one, the sooner the ex girlfriends will cease to be interesting to the media. The visits with the offspring might become more frequent too.

But some women who marry men with children are petty and jealous and they try to separate the man from his children by other women. evil stepmothers, I have a personal problem with them. I am the victim of one myself. women can be so irritating like that, all petty and ridiculous. I hope Albert's wife is a sweetie who welcomes Alexandre with open arms and sees him as adding to her life instead of as a threat. But sadly, that's not likely, because most women are jerks when they feel someone might take away their man.

Sweetie?:eek: no this woman will have to come with a 20 ft whip. Love for children is a given. And the ex-girlfriends will come down, if you notice there is very little or nothing being said about them or the kid lately. And I refuse to talk about them, because the more you mention them the more time it's takes them to go away.:D (they are not part of the princely family anyway)

hsh1969 said:
Sweetie?:eek: no this woman will have to come with a 20 ft whip. Love for children is a given. And the ex-girlfriends will come down, if you notice there is very little or nothing being said about them or the kid lately. And I refuse to talk about them, because the more you mention them the more time it's takes them to go away.:D (they are not part of the princely family anyway)

This is an excellent point, I like it, I'm glad I read it and today I am going to adopt it for myself:p

it reminds me I still don't want to be one of those people who cannot get enough of something they can't stand.:rolleyes: :)

CasiraghiTrio said:
But some women who marry men with children are petty and jealous and they try to separate the man from his children by other women. evil stepmothers, I have a personal problem with them. I am the victim of one myself. women can be so irritating like that, all petty and ridiculous. I hope Albert's wife is a sweetie who welcomes Alexandre with open arms and sees him as adding to her life instead of as a threat. But sadly, that's not likely, because most women are jerks when they feel someone might take away their man.

I sure am fortunate to have a nice stepmother. From the very start, she always encouraged the bond between me and my father. In fact, she would buy airfare tickets for me to visit them. She shares with me family problems of bringing up my half-sisters.

CasiraghiTrio said:

"Sweetie with open arms?" :D :D :D
As to me, I could not be so primitively jealous, I would prefer just civilized communication. But imagine how a woman with such greedy and cold flame in eyes (look at her pic: http://www.vsd.fr/) is able to bring up her child to love :confused: a man (who didn't want to marry his mother) and wife of this man (who took the position his mother could grasp)? I have big doubts that this boy in some years later (and especially 25 years later) will be sincerely kind and positive to Albert and his possible wife. I am sure Nicole will have a hand in it. I think it is not that situation when Albert' wife is obliged to meet Alex (or Nicole) with "open arms" seeing quite opposite attitude...Just a polite smile as a matter of courtesy will be fine, but nothing more :cool:

Aquamarine and the rest of the gang: I could not agree more; regarding what position the wife of PA should take? go with the flow. This is the reason I don't like to talk about the ex-girlfriends or possible offsprings: they are not part of the princely family and even PA wants it that way, otherwise you could find the pix of the kid in the monaco.gouv page, and he is not even mentioned. NOT because of the kid it's not worthy, but just because he is not the only child this woman has, but apparently for some people since he is the only one coming from "a very $pecial gene pool" is the only one that matters. I feel bad for all the kids, whether they are really PA's kids or not. That's why I think when NC went to the TV she didn't want anybody there, not because she is somebody special, but because she might be afraid of "questions" and people in a talk show does not hold back (just watch Jerry Springer show if you can hold the sight for 5 secs). I don't know if you remember that when P Diana of Wales was in a travel or something I just don't remember, she was not seen with the kids, and the press had a field day with her and people would yell at her in the streets where are the kids? So thats why I don't like to talk about any of the ex-girlfriends, because what they are looking for is fame and $pecial treatment and using the kids (all of kids) to further their crazy agenda. I dont care whether any kid was born out one night stand or an extremely blessed family, they are people.

Maybe I'am to passionate but I can not see how this women could occupied any space in here, they might think they could be a good princess but I'd rather see them being excellent mothers.:)

AquaMarine said:
As to me, I could not be so primitively jealous, I would prefer just civilized communication. But imagine how a woman with such greedy and cold flame in eyes (look at her pic: http://www.vsd.fr/) is able to bring up her child to love :confused: a man (who didn't want to marry his mother) and wife of this man (who took the position his mother could grasp)? I have big doubts that this boy in some years later (and especially 25 years later) will be sincerely kind and positive to Albert and his possible wife. I am sure Nicole will have a hand in it. I think it is not that situation when Albert' wife is obliged to meet Alex (or Nicole) with "open arms" seeing quite opposite attitude...Just a polite smile as a matter of courtesy will be fine, but nothing more :cool:

Most respectfully, AquaMarine, I disagree with you on this point. I do think not only civility, but also love, communication, & respect can and will exist. :)

AquaMarine said:

I am sorry, Aquamarine, I cannot totally agree with you. I think a stepmother should do everything she can to make her husband's child feel comfortable in the situation. Sure, if the child is unreasonable, that's a different story. But it's just a matter of needing to feel safe and comfortable in the situation, the stepmother has a duty to embrace her husband's child. And why not? Why not love the child of the man you commit to? Why wouldn't you love your husband's child?

(And a side to hsh..., love for children is not a given for all people. It is for me, it probably is for you, and it is for some, but not all. There are some serious jerks in the world who don't give a darn about anyone but themselves, not even children.

That is an interesting question.

WHAT IF you were the Princess Bride? Should PA's wife go out of her way to include "the kid" (and Nicole until he's old enough to be alone) in official and/or family activities?

Would PA be more interested in only having his legitimate family on display? Or would he not be 'allowed' to behave in such a manner?

His sisters' families still occasionally spend time together (outside official functions). Would they too welcome "the kid" and Nicole or only the wife and kiddies?

Ann

Suonymona said:
That is an interesting question.

WHAT IF you were the Princess Bride? Should PA's wife go out of her way to include "the kid" (and Nicole until he's old enough to be alone) in official and/or family activities?

Would PA be more interested in only having his legitimate family on display? Or would he not be 'allowed' to behave in such a manner?

His sisters' families still occasionally spend time together (outside official functions). Would they too welcome "the kid" and Nicole or only the wife and kiddies?

Ann

Why wouldn't the Grimaldis welcome Alexandre into their family? They might not like Nicole, but Alex is blood. He's certainly not the first illegitimate Grimaldi, so why would be the first to be excluded on account of that minor fact?

I don't think it will be necessary for his future wife to go out of her way to include the boy in family gatherings. Special visiting hours will be set up (if the mother agrees) and the boy will participate in whatever is scheduled for those hours/days. I am sure he will never participate in public events.

It is quite common, at least here in Iceland, that people have children, split, get together with another partner and children from both sides mingle like nothing is more natural. If you love your partner you will love everything that comes with him, including his children from previous relationships. Being in a large complicated family is often more fun than a closed tight "perfect" family.

Ex-spouses should be able to mingle with new spouses and everyone live in happy harmony. That how it is in Iceland. But then again, Iceland is such a special country with old souls. Not every country has that.

Regards
Donna

I´ve just heard on TV that there are rumours that Telma Ortiz(sister of Letizia)is dating Prince Albert.Has somebody heard about this before?

liv said:
I´ve just heard on TV that there are rumours that Telma Ortiz(sister of Letizia)is dating Prince Albert.Has somebody heard about this before?

Yes, I 've heard it ,too

I´ve heard that too. But I´m like you from a german-speaking country, so we are probably all refering on the same german TV-show, which has gotten this news obviously from a german tabloid. So it´s probably made up.
But I must say, I love the idea. Telma would seem different to the women, who were usually rumoured to be his girlfriends. She would be IMO the perfect choice.

Lena said:
I´ve heard that too. But I´m like you from a german-speaking country, so we are probably all refering on the same german TV-show, which has gotten this news obviously from a german tabloid. So it´s probably made up.
But I must say, I love the idea. Telma would seem different to the women, who were usually rumoured to be his girlfriends. She would be IMO the perfect choice.
Is she the one that was on the boat with him a few weeks ago before he said
He said he was not involved with anyone now and was too busy to look.

Last edited:
Yes,I think we mean the same show.I don´t think it is true but I´m sure the media would love it.Here´s the article in German:

Gibt es eine Neue?
BRISANT | 23.09.2005 | 17:15 Uhr
spacer.gif
Claudia Schiffer und Schauspielerin Alexandra Kamp werden Amouren mit Fürst Albert von Monaco nachgesagt. Zuletzt geriet er mit der dunkelhäutigen Stewardess Nicole Coste in die Schlagzeilen. Ein gemeinsamer Sohn war das Ergebnis ihrer Liason.
Jetzt soll ihn eine schöne Spanierin verzaubert haben. Telma Ortiz ist 31 Jahre jung, äußerst intelligent und sprachgewandt. Ihre ältere Schwester Letizia ist die spanische Kronprinzessin. Die machte beide auf ihrer Hochzeit miteinander bekannt. Bis spät in die Nacht hätten sich die beiden ganz angeregt unterhalten und dann die Adressen ausgetauscht. Nun soll es auch schon zu mehreren heimlichen Treffen gekommen sein. Doch bisher schweigt der monegassische Hof.
Heiko Engelkes, ARD-Korrespondent, der Fürst Albert auch privat kennt, sagt zu den Gerüchten:
...sagte mir mal ganz persönlich, habe noch nicht die richtige Frau gefunden, ...ich denke, die Frau, die er sucht, muss wie seine Mutter sein... sein Weg ist mit jungen Frauen gepflastert.
Heiko Engelkes
ARD-Korrespondent

liv said:
Yes,I think we mean the same show.I don´t think it is true but I´m sure the media would love it.Here´s the article in German:

Gibt es eine Neue?
BRISANT | 23.09.2005 | 17:15 Uhr
spacer.gif
Claudia Schiffer und Schauspielerin Alexandra Kamp werden Amouren mit Fürst Albert von Monaco nachgesagt. Zuletzt geriet er mit der dunkelhäutigen Stewardess Nicole Coste in die Schlagzeilen. Ein gemeinsamer Sohn war das Ergebnis ihrer Liason.
Jetzt soll ihn eine schöne Spanierin verzaubert haben. Telma Ortiz ist 31 Jahre jung, äußerst intelligent und sprachgewandt. Ihre ältere Schwester Letizia ist die spanische Kronprinzessin. Die machte beide auf ihrer Hochzeit miteinander bekannt. Bis spät in die Nacht hätten sich die beiden ganz angeregt unterhalten und dann die Adressen ausgetauscht. Nun soll es auch schon zu mehreren heimlichen Treffen gekommen sein. Doch bisher schweigt der monegassische Hof.
Heiko Engelkes, ARD-Korrespondent, der Fürst Albert auch privat kennt, sagt zu den Gerüchten:
...sagte mir mal ganz persönlich, habe noch nicht die richtige Frau gefunden, ...ich denke, die Frau, die er sucht, muss wie seine Mutter sein... sein Weg ist mit jungen Frauen gepflastert.
Heiko Engelkes
ARD-Korrespondent
This is my translation. Perhaps someone who speaks German can do it better then that its worse then a record skipping to understand.

Is there a new one? EXPLOSIVELY | 23.09.2005 | 17:15 o'clock Claudia
boat operator and actress Alexandra Kamp is after-said to Amouren with
prince Albert of Monaco. It came last with the dark-membranous hostess
Nicole Coste into the headlines. A common son was the result of their
Liason. Now a beautiful Spaniard bewitched is to have it. Telma Ortiz
is 31 years young, extremely intelligent and languageturned. Its older
sister Letizia is the Spanish Kronprinzessin. Those announced both
with one another on its wedding. Until late into the night the two
would have conversed completely lively and then the addresses would
have exchanged. Now it is to have come to several secret meetings. But
so far the Monegasque yard is silent. Heiko Engelkes, ARD-correspondent,
the prince Albert also privately knows, says to the rumors: ... said
to me times completely personally, yet the correct woman found... I do
not think, who must be woman, whom it looks for, like its
nut/mother... its way am with young women paved. Heiko Engelkes
ARD-correspondent.

LadyMacAlpine said:
Is she the one that was on the boat with him a few weeks ago before he said

If you mean the one where Albert was having lunch on the boat with a few friends? If so, no that was not Telma Ortiz.

rarotonga said:
If you mean the one where Albert was having lunch on the boat with a few friends? If so, no that was not Telma Ortiz.
Yes, I did.

Has anyone else noticed that the English version of the principality has been well behind in reporting the news of the principality and the official website of the Palace has only French versions of the news in the English section?

Both sites seemed to be well maintained prior to Prince Rainier's death, but are now treated as poor relatives. I thought Prince Albert's influence would improve the sites - not denigrate the quality. Not very good PR!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom