The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #161  
Old 10-27-2005, 02:46 PM
CasiraghiTrio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Burbank, United States
Posts: 6,413
I was expecting him to be on Good morning America this morning. He never came on. There was no mention of him. Yet it says on the GMA website he was supposed to be interviewed. I missed Larry King. I saw the 2004 interview he did with Larry king. I'll bet Larry mostly asked the same lame questions and Albert gave the same sort of obvious "official" replies as in 2004. but for those who may not know, larry king's interview are replayed each week. They do recaps either saturday or sunday, I think the latter.
__________________

  #162  
Old 10-27-2005, 03:42 PM
mw7060a's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: , United States
Posts: 229
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Marmalade
... I think he just has a problem getting the words from his thoughts out his mouth. If he has always been like this, his parents should have gotten him help, knowing full well the position he was stepping into one day. But, I give him credit for his honesty and integrity. Can you imagine asking any other royal those types of questions?????? That would NEVER be able to happen.
I agree that Prince Albert was very candid when answering some rather personal questions...I might add, questions that are really none of our business. It says a lot about Prince Albert wanting to be truthful, and I do feel he was truthful and I respect him for that. The questions that Larry King asked were not easy for Prince Albert to answer, and you could tell at times he was uncomfortable because they were about something so private...the publicity surrounding the whole issue of his son & Nicole Coste, his speech stammer, the relationship with his father, Prince Rainier who had a temper, and the never-ending question concerning him ever marrying.

Regarding Prince Albert's stammering...I don't really know back when he was a child if the medical profession really had a handle on identifying those kind of problems or their solutions...For example, look how long it took for them (the medical profession) to identify the problem we now know today as "dyslexia". When I was in school, teachers would label kids who did not produce as being "slow" or "lazy", when in fact they probably really had dyslexia or some other learning disability.
__________________

  #163  
Old 10-27-2005, 06:15 PM
Gabriella's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: , United States
Posts: 1,746
Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio
I was expecting him to be on Good morning America this morning. He never came on. There was no mention of him. Yet it says on the GMA website he was supposed to be interviewed. I missed Larry King. I saw the 2004 interview he did with Larry king. I'll bet Larry mostly asked the same lame questions and Albert gave the same sort of obvious "official" replies as in 2004. but for those who may not know, larry king's interview are replayed each week. They do recaps either saturday or sunday, I think the latter.
He was on Good Morning America this morning. I actually caught him by mistake as I didn't know he was being interviewed. I saw it as I was walking out the door. They were showing old clips of Grace and clips of Albert to showcase the upcoming interview. So, I hit the record button. I didn't get to watch the interview because I was running a bit late for work this morning.

BTW - the GMA interview was about 7:45 or 8:00 ET this morning.
__________________
Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars. ~ Les Brown
  #164  
Old 10-27-2005, 06:42 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 1,020
I really enjoyed reading those transcripts -- I liked how he answered those questions. I think he's very polished:p
  #165  
Old 10-27-2005, 06:51 PM
Jackswife's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 905
Smile

I saw part of the Good Morning America interview and it did seem clear that Albert was not comfortable with the question regarding Alexandre, Nicole, etc, etc. He did say that he would like a relationship with Alexandre but that there were "obstacles" (his word). There was also a short video clip of Rainier in which he said that he had told Albert that ruling was a very lonely position. Albert said that he agreed with that, but that he also sought out others for advice (paraphrasing here). He was pretty clear that Alexandre would not be heir as well. I think he was nervous due to the nature of the questions because in other interviews I've seen with him at the Olympics and on other issues, he seemed much more at ease. He did smile a little at Diane's questions regarding his future marriage plans: she asked if he was "hiding" something from her and he laughed and said no, so I guess there's no royal wedding in the near future for Monaco.
  #166  
Old 10-27-2005, 07:59 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 1,020
Here's a link to a recent interview of Albert made by a reporter.

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Entertainm...ory?id=1251846

They have some nice pictures there too -- some I've not seen before.

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/popup?id=645941
  #167  
Old 10-28-2005, 12:07 AM
LadyMacAlpine's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: *****, United States
Posts: 2,307
Quote:
Originally Posted by mw7060a
I agree that Prince Albert was very candid when answering some rather personal questions...I might add, questions that are really none of our business. It says a lot about Prince Albert wanting to be truthful, and I do feel he was truthful and I respect him for that. The questions that Larry King asked were not easy for Prince Albert to answer, and you could tell at times he was uncomfortable because they were about something so private...the publicity surrounding the whole issue of his son & Nicole Coste, his speech stammer, the relationship with his father, Prince Rainier who had a temper, and the never-ending question concerning him ever marrying.

Regarding Prince Albert's stammering...I don't really know back when he was a child if the medical profession really had a handle on identifying those kind of problems or their solutions...For example, look how long it took for them (the medical profession) to identify the problem we now know today as "dyslexia". When I was in school, teachers would label kids who did not produce as being "slow" or "lazy", when in fact they probably really had dyslexia or some other learning disability.
Agree not ADD. I have a similar problem of trying to find the words and stammering some. Mine isn't as noticable. In fact I asked my ex tonight if he noticed it and he said no which must be good since I know I was having trouble finding words.

From Albert's interview last night.
KING: As a child, did you have a stuttering problem?
ALBERT: You know, yes.
KING: Sometimes in your speech ...
ALBERT: Yes, I have been asked that, yes. Well, because I always try to look for the best possible word and sometimes it doesn't always come. But yes, I did have a bit of a problem as a kid. And I don't know how it came about, what emotional trauma.
KING: You're not uncomfortable in a public situation, are you? Speech, let's say you have to make a speech.
ALBERT: You know, I've also learned to deal with that. It wasn't easy at first. I did my first speech when I was 17, well, my first formal speech. So I've had time to deal with it, and to adjust to it, but I can't say I'm like gung-ho on public speaking or interviews for that matter.
KING: You're doing quite well. Did your father set a good example for you on running things?


I have the Good Morning show on video if anyone wants me to give word for word I will work on it and post it but it will take me a few days.
  #168  
Old 10-28-2005, 02:45 AM
CasiraghiTrio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Burbank, United States
Posts: 6,413
Seriously, think about it. Albert doesn't have a stammer or stutter problem when he speaks French. He speaks French beautifully and fluidly. His english is a little hesitant at times (still very good though) because he probably speaks english only when necessary and his tongue of choice seems to be French. I remember in one interview he had to reach for his English-French dictionary because he forgot an English word for something. So even though his English is great, sometimes he falters a bit for lack of practice, I guess. I'm sure his everyday, regular language is French, so naturally he has more fluidity and eloquence when he speaks French.
  #169  
Old 10-28-2005, 09:57 AM
hsh1969's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Orlando, United States
Posts: 130
IMO he was ill-prepared for the interviews, he previously had said the situation with Eric and his mother was going to be kept private and private he should have kept it.
He stammered to death in the interviews and he was nervous he wasn't prepared at all, he lacks the back bone that overflowed on his father but a year or 2 into his reign will fix that very well.
Regarding the marriage thing, he said something so important that helps to perceives the way he sees things when LK asked him about marriage; he said something like: he will like "to have a relationship that evolves into marriage".
So, meanwhile everybody is looking for him to get married, he is looking for a meaningfull relation, the kinds that takes time to seed and grow and I think that was the most important thing he said. He is not looking to get married right now; he wants a relation that takes it's course and then get married. :)
__________________
Lady Tropical Paradise; this is an especulative site, and we are here because we have time to spare, my opinions and yours, are just that and nobody will get hurt if we express them. Have a great life.
  #170  
Old 10-28-2005, 10:12 AM
LadyMacAlpine's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: *****, United States
Posts: 2,307
Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio
Seriously, think about it. Albert doesn't have a stammer or stutter problem when he speaks French. He speaks French beautifully and fluidly. His english is a little hesitant at times (still very good though) because he probably speaks english only when necessary and his tongue of choice seems to be French. I remember in one interview he had to reach for his English-French dictionary because he forgot an English word for something. So even though his English is great, sometimes he falters a bit for lack of practice, I guess. I'm sure his everyday, regular language is French, so naturally he has more fluidity and eloquence when he speaks French.
I heard he has a problem in all languages not being able to understand any other then English I wouldn't know even though I have heard him speaking French other then in speeches. He doesn't during speeches he is perfect because he isn't looking for the words.
  #171  
Old 10-28-2005, 10:24 AM
LadyMacAlpine's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: *****, United States
Posts: 2,307
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillia
Here's a link to a recent interview of Albert made by a reporter.

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Entertainm...ory?id=1251846

They have some nice pictures there too -- some I've not seen before.

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/popup?id=645941
Thank you for the links
  #172  
Old 10-28-2005, 10:32 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 1,082
Its nice to finally hear his own words and know that they have come from him!
There have been so many questionable articles in the past. This Larry King interview really helps to clarify some things.
  #173  
Old 10-28-2005, 11:43 AM
CasiraghiTrio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Burbank, United States
Posts: 6,413
God, that was so annoying when Diane Sawyer asked him "Why not change the succession?" and "is race is a factor in keeping Alex from the succession?" That's so lame for so many reasons. Poor albert didn't know how to answer these absurd questions. It was painful to watch him stammer like that. It took him off guard. But he should have explained it to her better. Just saying, "That's not the way it's going to be handled," is fine for us, who know about these things, but for the average general public watching this, they don't understand about "how these things are handled." It probably would have been advisable for him to elaborate on that a little bit. Just maybe adding something like, "Well, my father set up the succession laws as they currently stand, and I see no reason to change that," would have set a better example, I think.
  #174  
Old 10-28-2005, 01:59 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Chicago, United States
Posts: 1,585
I am so sick and tired of this. You know the one part of my country's culture that really ticks me off is the when we try to blame and pin everything on race.

That was uncalled and unprofessional of Diana (ice princess) Sawyer to even infer that this was done because of race.

I hate to tell Americans...NOT EVERYTHING DECISION IS BASED UPON RACE!!

He is not a legitimate heir, born in a marriage, and therefore he cannot take the throne....plain and simple...that is the law.
  #175  
Old 10-28-2005, 02:36 PM
Isabel's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: The, United States
Posts: 447
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Marmalade
I am so sick and tired of this. You know the one part of my country's culture that really ticks me off is the when we try to blame and pin everything on race.

That was uncalled and unprofessional of Diana (ice princess) Sawyer to even infer that this was done because of race.

I hate to tell Americans...NOT EVERYTHING DECISION IS BASED UPON RACE!!

He is not a legitimate heir, born in a marriage, and therefore he cannot take the throne....plain and simple...that is the law.
That was really a stupid question for her to ask. It was really embarassing to actually hear such ridiculous words come form someon who is supposed to be a respected journalist and a senior in her field. How ridiculous.

Race has truly been a factor in many things in America, however, Ms. Sawyer was not speaking to an American man, but the Sovereign Prince of Monaco. I expected her to have the common sense to use more tact. Where is her research? Does she not understand that royals, especially those of reigning families operate under a different set of rules from the rest of us? Race has nothing to do with anything. If I thought that Ms. Sawyer would get my message, I really would send her an informative e-mail with a few links to the various succession laws of the reigning Royal Families among other things.
__________________
"Always do what you are afraid to do."
- R.W. Emerson
  #176  
Old 10-28-2005, 02:48 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Chicago, United States
Posts: 1,585
Thank you Isabel, for putting it more eloquently, than I did. :)
  #177  
Old 10-28-2005, 03:09 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: , United States
Posts: 1,032
since in america everything is base on race, which is a sad part of life but what can u say. sometimes it comes across in what people say.
__________________
ain' no sunshine when i gone
  #178  
Old 10-28-2005, 04:03 PM
LadyMacAlpine's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: *****, United States
Posts: 2,307
Okay ladies you weren't listening to what was said. Diane was reading from a Script of questions. Listen to the intro's to the question's she said 'the combination of no succession and the decision to not give the name brought up charges of racism" then "that race has to be a factor" as you see her speaking to him. She was trying to help him clear up that for those who would still say it was based on racism. We all need to learn not to single out a word like saying 'the kid' or a sentence taking it away from the whole text of the statement beause you can get the wrong impression and in no way was she doing it to create what has just occured in the last few posts.
  #179  
Old 10-28-2005, 04:31 PM
LadyMacAlpine's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: *****, United States
Posts: 2,307
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyMacAlpine
Okay ladies you weren't listening to what was said. Diane was reading from a Script of questions. Listen to the intro's to the question's she said 'the combination of no succession and the decision to not give the name brought up charges of racism" then "that race has to be a factor" as you see her speaking to him. She was trying to help him clear up that for those who would still say it was based on racism. We all need to learn not to single out a word like saying 'the kid' or a sentence taking it away from the whole text of the statement beause you can get the wrong impression and in no way was she doing it to create what has just occured in the last few posts.
Try these links. http://abcnews.go.com/Video/playerIndex?id=1256044 this is actual footage from the interview. I wasn't able to view it still having trouble with my connections.
http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Entertainm...ory?id=1251846
  #180  
Old 10-28-2005, 05:53 PM
CasiraghiTrio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Burbank, United States
Posts: 6,413
Well, whatever! The Question was still annoying! If she really wanted to help him clear his name of certain accusations regarding race or insensitivity to Alex, then maybe she could have given him the questions in advance, so that he could prepare better and more eloquent answers. Either that, or Albert should hire me to be his PR coach because I would have him saying all the right things! :p
__________________

Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
HSH Prince Albert Current Events 10 : Aug.2005 - Sept.2005 Gabriella Current Events Archive 190 09-02-2005 09:54 PM
HSH Prince Albert Current Events 9 : July 2005 - Aug.2005 Gabriella Current Events Archive 203 08-08-2005 05:00 PM
HSH Prince Albert Current Events 8 : June 2005 - July 2005 Gabriella Current Events Archive 159 07-20-2005 09:58 PM
HSH Prince Albert Current Events 6 : May 2005 - June 2005 Gabriella Current Events Archive 137 06-04-2005 12:26 AM
HSH Prince Albert Current Events 3 : Jan.2005 - Apr.2005 Lyonnaise Current Events Archive 155 04-08-2005 05:12 PM




Popular Tags
ascot 2016 best gown best gown september 2016 best hat best outfit best outfit june best outfit poll british catherine middleton style coup d'etat crown prince crown princess mary crown princess mary eveningwear crown princess mary fashion current events duchess of cambridge dutch state visit e-mail fashion poll greece kate middleton king abdullah ii king willem-alexander margrethe ii member introduction monarchy new zealand norway november 2016 october 2016 opening of parliament picture of the week poland state visit to norway prince charles princess marie princess mary princess mary fashion princess tatiana queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen letizia style queen mathilde queen mathildes outfits queen maxima queen maxima at the women deliver conference queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania queen rania casual outfit queen rania daytime fashion queen rania fashion queen rania in washington royalty september 2016 shah state visit state visit to denmark succession sweden the duchess of cambridge the duchess of cambridge casual wear the duchess of cambridge daytime fashion the duchess of cambridge fashion the duchess of cambridge hats wedding dresses


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:13 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017
Jelsoft Enterprises