HSH Prince Albert Current Events 12 : Sept.2005 - Nov.2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
CasiraghiTrio said:
God, that was so annoying when Diane Sawyer asked him "Why not change the succession?" and "is race is a factor in keeping Alex from the succession?" That's so lame for so many reasons. Poor albert didn't know how to answer these absurd questions. It was painful to watch him stammer like that. It took him off guard. But he should have explained it to her better. Just saying, "That's not the way it's going to be handled," is fine for us, who know about these things, but for the average general public watching this, they don't understand about "how these things are handled." It probably would have been advisable for him to elaborate on that a little bit. Just maybe adding something like, "Well, my father set up the succession laws as they currently stand, and I see no reason to change that," would have set a better example, I think.

Yes, I saw that too. Like anybody is going to reward a woman who betrays them in the way NC did. It was quite clear he went through a lot, felt betrayed and is not going to reward it in any way. And who can blame him. I think DS was being inflamitory and she should probably look back in European history. If any woman could come along and get pregnant and claim thier child heir, the monarchy would have ceased to exhist long ago because it would have been a feeding frenzy.

In his LK interview I also infered that he had visited the child but was looking to do so minus NC. He said something like "in time in the right way" Did anyone else pick up on that? I wouldn't breathe the same air as that woman if I were him. He might breathe the wrong way, she might decide it's an insult the the "mother of a child of a soveign price" and go do a confussing interview. Ha

leahteresa said:
Yes, I saw that too. Like anybody is going to reward a woman who betrays them in the way NC did. It was quite clear he went through a lot, felt betrayed and is not going to reward it in any way. And who can blame him. I think DS was being inflamitory and she should probably look back in European history. If any woman could come along and get pregnant and claim thier child heir, the monarchy would have ceased to exhist long ago because it would have been a feeding frenzy.

In his LK interview I also infered that he had visited the child but was looking to do so minus NC. He said something like "in time in the right way" Did anyone else pick up on that? I wouldn't breathe the same air as that woman if I were him. He might breathe the wrong way, she might decide it's an insult the the "mother of a child of a soveign price" and go do a confussing interview. Ha

Yeah...... I definitely sense that he wishes he could keep the kid without the annoying strings (i.e. mother) attached.

CasiraghiTrio said:
God, that was so annoying when Diane Sawyer asked him "Why not change the succession?" and "is race is a factor in keeping Alex from the succession?" That's so lame for so many reasons. Poor albert didn't know how to answer these absurd questions. It was painful to watch him stammer like that. It took him off guard. But he should have explained it to her better. Just saying, "That's not the way it's going to be handled," is fine for us, who know about these things, but for the average general public watching this, they don't understand about "how these things are handled." It probably would have been advisable for him to elaborate on that a little bit. Just maybe adding something like, "Well, my father set up the succession laws as they currently stand, and I see no reason to change that," would have set a better example, I think.
It seems that unfortunately this particular interviewer sees things thru a 'race' filter. Sad, IMO.

It seems to be something that's so much a part of american thinking that it never gets too far from view for some folks...

too bad...:(

I'm glad that everybody does not see the world in that way...;)

leahteresa said:

my thoughts exactly, leahteresa!!! I couldn't have said it better:p

If I were him I would handle that particular thing just the same manner i.e. privately (not for the magazines or other snoops), at the right time, in the right way (i.e. when he can do it quite apart from scandal, confusion and problems that certain other persons could cause) --- I applaud PA.:) :)

Peace and quiet in his private life is what I think he needs -- he has enough to worry about trying to run an entire country:)

Last edited:
I agree. It never should have been asked. I would like to thank some of my American, especially Lillia, and European counterparts on here for their support. Some of my fellow countrymen and women think everything in our country is decided in that manner, when in fact it is not. This is 2005, that record is old and scratchy, find a new one.

I think she had no right to ask a sovereign head of state as it had nothing to do with, nor at any point was it EVER an issue.

I am sometimes embarrassed by the journalists from my own country.

Last edited:
Lillia said:
It seems that unfortunately this particular interviewer sees things thru a 'race' filter. Sad, IMO.

It seems to be something that's so much a part of american thinking that it never gets too far from view for some folks...

too bad...:(

I'm glad that everybody does not see the world in that way...;)
If you are talking about Diane Sawyer you are wrong. She was commenting on public reaction it was in her interview, she asked to get his own response for the public. To make it more is wrong. Did you watch it and listen to the intro to the question? If you did then you should be aware of that fact. There has been to much racism spoken about over this child and they are trying to end it with the interviews.

All those who would say it is racist forget a racist wouldn't have asked a black woman out on a date muchless have sex with her and carried on a relationship as long as Albert did with her.

LadyMacAlpine said:
If you are talking about Diane Sawyer you are wrong. She was commenting on public reaction it was in her interview, she asked to get his own response for the public. To make it more is wrong. Did you watch it and listen to the intro to the question? If you did then you should be aware of that fact. There has been to much racism spoken about over this child and they are trying to end it with the interviews.

All those who would say it is racist forget a racist wouldn't have asked a black woman out on a date muchless have sex with her and carried on a relationship as long as Albert did with her.

I understand that -- I've never said or even implied PA was racist, far from it.

I would expect he has a very sophisticated world view -- one that is much more highly developed than any person who were afflicted by that type of 'mental illness'...

I will say, however, that the fact that the question was even introduced into the discussion -- regardless the reason -- indicates to me (as I said) that certain issues are so deeply imprinted on the 'american way' of looking at things -- it clouds the way many americans think in many many ways. Diane Saywer would not be exempt from this either, IMO.

I think that this interviewer could have done more to help put that particular point to rest by not even bringing it up at all -- she should have 'let the sleeping dog lie', imo...

:p

Last edited:
LadyMacAlpine said:

Finally someone said that Lady MacAlpine! We shouldn't read something into nothing, the world has enough problems without creating imaginary ones!

Only in the U.S. would it have been brought up no matter whether she was told by her superiors to ask or asked herself.....what else is new?

We always feel the need to compartmentalize everything in my country.

Albert seems to be taking excellent responsibility and it cannot be easy. I hope he and his son grow to have a very loving and close relationship.

He is a cute little boy...:)

i have to disagree. in slave days, the owners of the plantations would have sex with black women. and today people have sex with people of a different races because of the myths. so in his case, imo, i dont think he is a racist but he will never marry a dark -n-lovely. because its not done for someone who is ruling a country to marry a black women and i dont mean a light skin black women.
people are funny one minute they are very friendly to you and when u see them away from work or school they wont speak to you. now, would u call them a racist? i dont want anyone getting exciting by this post. but there are people out there that would have sex you with but wont take u home to mamma. and as long as the booty is free will keep hitting.
again i dont think he is a racist and again this is my opinion.

semisquare said:
..... and as long as the booty is free will keep hitting.
again i dont think he is a racist and again this is my opinion.

Well then, ok.:p

Hopefully that could be the last word on it!:D

Listen...Albert won't marry Nicole because of how she treated the whole story. He was in love with her, he had sex with her because he was in love with her ... he didn't think about the colour of her skin...of that I'm sure. If he wanted to marry her it's true that he would be the first wetsern head-of-state to be married to a black woman...but what's the deal??? Can we not just forget this colour-thinking. I was with a black man for some time who's a teacher being born and living in Paris ... if I would have married him I would have been the first in my family to build a family with a non-white person ...but who cares...my old grandma would have said a word because she grew up on the countryside and those people simply only know things that are 5 square miles around. But do we have to live it that way? Aleays listening to those who can't cope with new things, different things? If Albert wanted to he could marry whoever he wants ... everyone would at least get used to and agree with his choice after some time. Stephanie as well dated a blck man ... believe me shewould have married him if she had felt the need to ...and this is the only right way...to follow ones heart...because if you always care so much about what others say it could be hard to find a way.... and the public changes its mind very often ... Albert would be able to make any woman attractive for the public. It is Nicole who made herself a bit unatractive for the public because of how she acts not because of the colour of her skin.

Lillia said:
Peace and quiet in his private life is what I think he needs -- he has enough to worry about trying to run an entire country:)

Yes, but it would be nice to see him taking little Alex somewhere. I wish he could let the kid wave from the balcony at MND, but I know that won't happen. I wonder if it's possible he'll take Alex to football matches, or the tennis masters, the Circus, the Grand Prix? What are the chances? It's hard to say, I think, because the Grimaldis have historically been very open and embracing about these kind of circumstances. Much more so than any other royal family.

CasiraghiTrio said:
Yes, but it would be nice to see him taking little Alex somewhere. I wish he could let the kid wave from the balcony at MND, but I know that won't happen. I wonder if it's possible he'll take Alex to football matches, or the tennis masters, the Circus, the Grand Prix? What are the chances? It's hard to say, I think, because the Grimaldis have historically been very open and embracing about these kind of circumstances. Much more so than any other royal family.

I think it's quite possible that Alexandre will attend sports events with Albert and maybe Stephanie will convince Albert to bring the little one to the circus because it's a real family tradition and all the kids were brought into this world of atrists and acrobates. I imagine they would want that for Alex as well....

BTW... I'm not sure but did Nicole say that she wanted to call Alexandre Stephane in the first place? Or was it Albert who wanted to call his son Stephane?

michelle said:
I think it's quite possible that Alexandre will attend sports events with Albert and maybe Stephanie will convince Albert to bring the little one to the circus because it's a real family tradition and all the kids were brought into this world of atrists and acrobates. I imagine they would want that for Alex as well....

BTW... I'm not sure but did Nicole say that she wanted to call Alexandre Stephane in the first place? Or was it Albert who wanted to call his son Stephane?

I wouldn't be surprised if Albert wanted that. I can tell he just adores Stephanie (his sister) and these two seem to have an incredible bond. But "Eric" seems to be the best name for him to use, imo. "Alexandre" has too much potential for being shortened to "Alex" which will confuse us because the Grimaldi family already has an Alex (Caroline's daughter) and Stephane will be confusing too because it's too much like Princess Stephanie. Eric would be a nice, unique name for Albert's son that wouldn't create any confusion of reference!
;)

I've seen the interview on Larry King and I understood (I'm not American or English so I might be wrong) that he is not seeing the baby at all in this period, I think he said he has seen him and will see him again after he works out ways to meet him "privately"...so I see no chance, at least for now, to see them together up and about.

Plus, if they appeared in public together rumors of Albert never marrying and thinking about including Alex in the succession line would immediately start, and I think that's the last thing Al wants at the moment.

Kisses

michelle said:
Listen...Albert won't marry Nicole because of how she treated the whole story. He was in love with her, he had sex with her because he was in love with her ... he didn't think about the colour of her skin...of that I'm sure. If he wanted to marry her it's true that he would be the first wetsern head-of-state to be married to a black woman...but what's the deal??? Can we not just forget this colour-thinking. I was with a black man for some time who's a teacher being born and living in Paris ... if I would have married him I would have been the first in my family to build a family with a non-white person ...but who cares...my old grandma would have said a word because she grew up on the countryside and those people simply only know things that are 5 square miles around. But do we have to live it that way? Aleays listening to those who can't cope with new things, different things? If Albert wanted to he could marry whoever he wants ... everyone would at least get used to and agree with his choice after some time. Stephanie as well dated a blck man ... believe me shewould have married him if she had felt the need to ...and this is the only right way...to follow ones heart...because if you always care so much about what others say it could be hard to find a way.... and the public changes its mind very often ... Albert would be able to make any woman attractive for the public. It is Nicole who made herself a bit unatractive for the public because of how she acts not because of the colour of her skin.

BRAVO, MICHELLE, BRAVO
:D !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Along the lines of my previous post, which quoted Michelle, if Albert was in love with Nicole at one point and she betrayed his heart in this public & unforgivable way, he might very well be afraid of falling in love again. :(

michelle said:
Listen...Albert won't marry Nicole because of how she treated the whole story. He was in love with her, he had sex with her because he was in love with her ... he didn't think about the colour of her skin...of that I'm sure... If Albert wanted to he could marry whoever he wants ... everyone would at least get used to and agree with his choice after some time...

I kind of agree with the first part of Michelle's statement that Albert was (probably) in love with Nicole. But I am not too sure about the part where Albert "could marry whoever he wants"...Remember, apparently Albert & Nicole were seeing each other for the past 5 years. Prince Rainier was alive. Prince Rainier was the Sovereign at the time. According to Monaco's laws, the Sovereign has to give permission for any of his children to marry, including his heir apparent, Prince Albert. If all was true, apparently Prince Rainier did not approve of Nicole, and therefore, I don't think he would have given Albert permission to marry her.

mw7060a said:
I kind of agree with the first part of Michelle's statement that Albert was (probably) in love with Nicole. But I am not too sure about the part where Albert "could marry whoever he wants"...Remember, apparently Albert & Nicole were seeing each other for the past 5 years. Prince Rainier was alive. Prince Rainier was the Sovereign at the time. According to Monaco's laws, the Sovereign has to give permission for any of his children to marry, including his heir apparent, Prince Albert. If all was true, apparently Prince Rainier did not approve of Nicole, and therefore, I don't think he would have given Albert permission to marry her.

Right, what I wanted to say is that now he could as he's the one who decides...so the statement was: It is not the public who decides even if they think they are the ones to make the rules.

CasiraghiTrio said:
I wouldn't be surprised if Albert wanted that. I can tell he just adores Stephanie (his sister) and these two seem to have an incredible bond. But "Eric" seems to be the best name for him to use, imo. "Alexandre" has too much potential for being shortened to "Alex" which will confuse us because the Grimaldi family already has an Alex (Caroline's daughter) and Stephane will be confusing too because it's too much like Princess Stephanie. Eric would be a nice, unique name for Albert's son that wouldn't create any confusion of reference!
;)

Agree with you Ash.... on the name Eric because I like it and it sounds good and is unique. The thing is I understood Albert wanted the name Stephane as some kimd of reference or dedication to his sister Stephanie and I think this would have been cute ...not sure though I understood that fact correctly. ( Maybe I don't remeber correctly and it was Nicole who wanted the name :confused:)

Nevertheless, you know what...: all the time when I was thinking of how Albert's first son would be named I was convinced it would be Alexandre ....don't know why really...I think it was that I was thinking of his own names: Albert - not very probable, Alexandre - very probable , because Louis - Steph's son, Pierre - Caro's son .....

michelle said:
Agree with you Ash.... on the name Eric because I like it and it sounds good and is unique. The thing is I understood Albert wanted the name Stephane as some kimd of reference or dedication to his sister Stephanie and I think this would have been cute ...not sure though I understood that fact correctly. ( Maybe I don't remeber correctly and it was Nicole who wanted the name :confused:)

Nevertheless, you know what...: all the time when I was thinking of how Albert's first son would be named I was convinced it would be Alexandre ....don't know why really...I think it was that I was thinking of his own names: Albert - not very probable, Alexandre - very probable , because Louis - Steph's son, Pierre - Caro's son .....

exactly. Alexandre was a very predictable name for him. It would be so cute if Albert would really make this kid part of his life somehow. I know he's busy but other heads of state have found ways to be good parents at the same time as being responsible heads of state. I don't see why Albert can't learn to juggle these two roles. I also wish Eric could be "Eric Grimaldi" instead of "Eric Coste."

Well why can't it be Alexander Grimaldi, after all it is Jazmin Grace Grimaldi.

donatella said:
Well why can't it be Alexander Grimaldi, after all it is Jazmin Grace Grimaldi.

Well, I think different laws may apply in France vs. the United States. In the US, you can put any name you want on the Birth certificate for the child. What you cannot do is name any father you want. Can you imagine how may famous rich people would end up on birth certificats?

What women in the US do, if the child is born out of wed lock and the father is shrinking from his responsibilities.....is.....put the fathers last name on the birth certificate. (Not all women do this) I have a friend whos mother did this. It is to provide a legal paper trail. Jazmin's mother has never changed her story and the palace has never denied PA is the father of JGG. PA himself has used some vague language and said he never paid TR anything but that's about it.

The US courts cannot touch PA's DNA so he really never has to do anything about JGG. At the same time, TR can name her child anything she wants and there is NOTHING PA can do about it. I do not know what the French law says about names on Birth Certificates. Anyone...???

leahteresa said:
Well, I think different laws may apply in France vs. the United States. In the US, you can put any name you want on the Birth certificate for the child. What you cannot do is name any father you want. Can you imagine how may famous rich people would end up on birth certificats?

What women in the US do, if the child is born out of wed lock and the father is shrinking from his responsibilities.....is.....put the fathers last name on the birth certificate. (Not all women do this) I have a friend whos mother did this. It is to provide a legal paper trail. Jazmin's mother has never changed her story and the palace has never denied PA is the father of JGG. PA himself has used some vague language and said he never paid TR anything but that's about it.

The US courts cannot touch PA's DNA so he really never has to do anything about JGG. At the same time, TR can name her child anything she wants and there is NOTHING PA can do about it. I do not know what the French law says about names on Birth Certificates. Anyone...???

Well but what if PA's full name was on birth certificate? is it something a hospital checks I mean no red flag if it doesnt say Prince Albert. Who determines it.

It was said "Grimaldi" is part of the girl's name and not her surname (as "kelly" for Camille, Steph's little one), but I'm not sure if this is the case...

Kisses

CasiraghiTrio said:
I agree too.

But I think it will be a while for those things because the mother is probably sitting, waiting for PA to come fetch the little boy so she can run to the papers blaring something about it.

Now she's got 18-20 yrs. or so to figure out how to get back into some kind of interaction w/PA...

IMO, that's the reason why she went thru all that anyway (having the kid, insisting to live so close by, etc.) -- to have a reason for PA not to be able to get away permanently from her.

Last edited:
Time for a new thread! You can find the new Current Events thread here.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom