Old 10-26-2005, 08:45 PM
Serene Highness

why is he now doing so many interviews?

Old 10-26-2005, 10:22 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by semisquare
why is he now doing so many interviews?
You tell me. How many interviews (in any language) has he done this year?

As for the reasons, 1) Monaco is partially dependent upon tourists revenue. Tourist revenue is promoted through public relations. Interviews are a form of public relations; 2) PA has an agenda (environmental issues, raising the level of subsistence of those less fortunate in life than you and I, protecting children from abuse, actively fighting AIDS, etc.) that he is beginning to pursue; 3) Monaco's other forms of revenue (banking activities, manufacturing, etc.) are partially dependent upon having good relations with people spread all over the globe and interviews are one form of cultivating those good relations; 4) the Princely family is the primary difference that makes Monaco...well, Monaco. (and, doing the interview with Mr. King may have been part of the deal to get him to MC the event happening tonight.)

Let's think for a moment, how many interviews have other heads of state of France, Italy, Japan, Canada or Mexico had in the past year? Once you think about it, I believe PA's limited exposure (This is his first interview in English since he's was ensconced in his present position.) has helped Monaco quite a bit.

Old 10-26-2005, 10:40 PM
Royal Highness

Wow..I am watching and Larry asked him about his son, the rumors of his sexuality, whether his son will inherit the throne, which of course he cannot as is illegitimate, and and is extremely frank with his questions.

He is asking about Rainier's temper and so on..

Prince Albert seems a little shy and is soft spoken and stutters a little.

But, when you listen to him talk he has no accent and is very "Americanized" in many respects...more so than his two sisters.

I know he went to school here in the U.S.
Old 10-26-2005, 11:09 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Marmalade
Wow..I am watching and Larry asked him about his son, the rumors of his sexuality, whether his son will inherit the throne, which of course he cannot as is illegitimate, and and is extremely frank with his questions.

He is asking about Rainier's temper and so on..

Prince Albert seems a little shy and is soft spoken and stutters a little.

But, when you listen to him talk he has no accent and is very "Americanized" in many respects...more so than his two sisters.

I know he went to school here in the U.S.
Thanks but what did he say about those questions? Some of us cant watch CNN
Old 10-26-2005, 11:17 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna
Could someone please provide a link to either the script or the video itself if possible after the interview? I remember someone putting a link to the script of the last interview with Larry King a while ago. I can’t find it any longer.

Thanks in advance.

Why in particular do you think it should be interesting? His love life or something else?
Regards
Donna
This is the link to the 2004 interview. I posted it earlier but apparently it didn't take as I have been having trouble even in PM since the Hurricane. http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIP...18/lkl.01.html
Old 10-26-2005, 11:25 PM
Aristocracy

Men did he stuttered tonight or what? i was about to grab him by the neck and make him finish his sentences, Larry King was so nice to him, usually Larry "helps" the interviewee? a lot but today he was so patient with Al.

He did not say anything especial IMO, his father was very sick and kind of hopeless at the end. That PR had a very bad temper with everybody family included, but that his outbursts will die down as soon as it started. He did not talk about his sisters. What I really liked was when he said that when his father died, even thou he was the head of the state, he was more concerned about his family and the way they were taking it ( i guess estefanie). That next year he will go dogsledding to the North Pole.

When LK went to break saying we will come back with a break story and all the film they were showing was of PG, I though, well there comes the marriage, but it was the North pole thing.
Lady Tropical Paradise; this is an especulative site, and we are here because we have time to spare, my opinions and yours, are just that and nobody will get hurt if we express them. Have a great life.
Old 10-26-2005, 11:32 PM
Heir Presumptive

thanks hsh1969!!!

Old 10-26-2005, 11:33 PM
Serene Highness

Source: Getty Images

HSH Prince Albert II of Monaco attends the 2005 Princess Grace Foundation-USA Awards Gala at Cipriani 42nd Street October 26, 2005 in New York City.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	56018470.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	22.3 KB
ID:	206453   Click image for larger version

Name:	56018472.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	23.4 KB
ID:	206454   Click image for larger version

Name:	56018474.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	22.4 KB
ID:	206455   Click image for larger version

Name:	56018477.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	27.5 KB
ID:	206456  

Click image for larger version

Name:	56018480.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	28.9 KB
ID:	206457  
Old 10-26-2005, 11:40 PM
Heir Presumptive

were are the photos of women hanging all over him???

Old 10-26-2005, 11:42 PM
Aristocracy

Look at the third picture: he is difusing the lady's advances

No, not tonight, tomorrow doesn't look good either, what about never is never good for you?:p
Lady Tropical Paradise; this is an especulative site, and we are here because we have time to spare, my opinions and yours, are just that and nobody will get hurt if we express them. Have a great life.
Old 10-27-2005, 12:48 AM
Serene Highness

Transcript of the Larry King interview
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIP...26/lkl.01.html
he said some thing that were new to me like, all 3 of them were their when their dad died and that their dad reacted when they touched him even though he was unconcious.
Old 10-27-2005, 01:22 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyMacAlpine
Thanks but what did he say about those questions? Some of us cant watch CNN
Hi, :)

He was very direct and honest in answering them...very conscious of what his position by the words he chose.
Old 10-27-2005, 07:24 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amira
HSH Prince Albert II of Monaco attends the 2005 Princess Grace Foundation-USA Awards Gala at Cipriani 42nd Street October 26, 2005 in New York City.
more from Abaca :

Old 10-27-2005, 07:33 AM
Aristocracy

I saw the promo for today's "Good Morning America"--PA is asked about Nicole and he really is giving a heartfelt response...... He says "How would you feel?" "I didn't do well"....
After seeing last night's 'Larry King' interview,I do believe he would benefit from some private therapy from a speech pathologist. As he said, he searches for the right words and sometimes they don't come. He seemed very honest and forthright.
Old 10-27-2005, 08:35 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by teense
I saw the promo for today's "Good Morning America"--PA is asked about Nicole and he really is giving a heartfelt response...... He says "How would you feel?" "I didn't do well"....
After seeing last night's 'Larry King' interview,I do believe he would benefit from some private therapy from a speech pathologist. As he said, he searches for the right words and sometimes they don't come. He seemed very honest and forthright.
It would depend on the cause. If what he has said is what I believe its not something that can be fixed nor is it caused by emotional trauma. I can't say more then that at this time.
Old 10-27-2005, 08:56 AM
Courtier

The foundation gala pictures were the first ones I've seen in months where he is not wearing his glasses.

I wonder if that is an asthetic thing because he is in the USA?

And Lady M, do you think Albert could have ADD?

Ann
Old 10-27-2005, 09:01 AM
Serene Highness

He was On Good Morning America but you have to wake up at seven to catch it by 7:46 he was off the show I caught the last 5 min maybe from what i caught he just said , He new about Alexandre a year before it came out his dad was not able to know about the boy and that his sisters were very supportive of him .And his favorite movie of his mom is Rear Window. he did not mention Telma ortiz that i know of maybe someone else caught the whole interview they can post more.
Old 10-27-2005, 09:09 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suonymona
do you think Albert could have ADD?
I think he gets nervous when he has to do interviews or say a big speech or is front of a big crowd and his stutter flares up if he is taking to his family he is probably as clear as a bell to understand I think its a Nevous thing.But if he does have ADD it is managible their is medication that can help
Old 10-27-2005, 10:10 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Men did he stuttered tonight or what? i was about to grab him by the neck and make him finish his sentences,
i feel ya and larry king seem to jump from topic to topic. one minute he is asking albert about his son then he ask albert about his fathers death and then he jumps to princess grace fundation. i wonder if that type of questioning through him off his feet,so to speak.
Old 10-27-2005, 02:37 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suonymona
The foundation gala pictures were the first ones I've seen in months where he is not wearing his glasses.

I wonder if that is an asthetic thing because he is in the USA?

And Lady M, do you think Albert could have ADD?

Ann
No, not ADD, because if that were the case he would not be as focused as he is. You can tell by looking at him he thinks methodically and deeply, his mind is clear. I think he just has a problem getting the words from his thoughts out his mouth.

If he has always been like this, his parents should have gotten him help, knowing full well the position he was stepping into one day.

But, I give him credit for his honesty and integrity. Can you imagine asking any other royal those types of questions?????? That would NEVER be able to happen.

Closed Thread