HSH Prince Albert Current Events 12 : Sept.2005 - Nov.2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
smdouglas said:
Has anyone else noticed that the English version of the principality has been well behind in reporting the news of the principality and the official website of the Palace has only French versions of the news in the English section?

Both sites seemed to be well maintained prior to Prince Rainier's death, but are now treated as poor relatives. I thought Prince Albert's influence would improve the sites - not denigrate the quality. Not very good PR!
Can't say I noticed. Perhaps its one of the departments he is still trying to find good help for to work for him. I have noticed they have been making all types of changes to the site to show him as ruler and wording but it will take some time to make all the changes like that.

I had not noticed about the updates either, but I have to say, while we're on the subject of English vs. French, that I love Albert's French! I never heard him speak French before the enthronement (only English before) and then I heard him again in the UN address. His French accent is so awesome! It's amazing how someone can sound so different in another language. When he speaks English, he doesn't sound as confident, he stutters more, but his French is so eloquent and easy and relaxed. He sounds like a different person!

smdouglas said:
Has anyone else noticed that the English version of the principality has been well behind in reporting the news of the principality and the official website of the Palace has only French versions of the news in the English section? Both sites seemed to be well maintained prior to Prince Rainier's death, but are now treated as poor relatives. I thought Prince Albert's influence would improve the sites - not denigrate the quality. Not very good PR!

Yes, I noticed! I would end up going to the French version just because it had current information, and would right click and translate the information into English.

Friday September 23, 2005, 17h19 [size=+1]Paris Match condemned again for an article on Albert II of Monaco[/size]

[size=-1][size=-2]to increase the photograph[/size]MONACO (AFP) - the Court of Bankruptcy of Nanterre (the Top-of-Seine) condemned Wednesday the company Hachette Filipacchi Associés to pay 30.000 euros of damages to the prince Albert II of Monaco, following the publication by Paris Match, June 30, 2005, from an article on his paternity, one learned Friday from legal source.

According to a copy of the judgement of September 21 arrived at AFP, the court estimates "that in the species, the higher public interest legitimating information could not (...) be confused with the mercantile will of the editor to satisfy curiosity (...) readers".

[size=-1]In its waited, the court, chaired by Christine Soudry, underlines besides that the magazine "does not confer any dimension socio-policy contributing to a public discussion of general interest which is moreover never evoked in the article".

[/size]
The judgement also underlines that "the moral wrong" "is worsened by the persistence of the editor to knowingly transgress the rights of the plaintiff to exclusively mercantile ends".

The article in question, heading "Albert vis-a-vis with his responsibility", accompanied by photographs, had been published in the week which had preceded the public recognition made by the sovereign Monegasque by the paternity of the small Alexandre, 22 month, born from its relation with Nicole Coste, a former air-hostess of Togolese origin.

June 29, Hachette Filipacchi had first once condemned by the court of Nanterre to pay 50.000 euros with prince Albert with the title of the moral wrong, like 4.000 euros under costs of proceedings, following the publication, May 5, always in Paris-Match, of an interview of Nicole Coste who revealed that the father of its Alexandre son was Albert of Monaco.

The court had ordered the immediate publication of this judgment on the entirety of the one of Paris Match. July 1, Paris Match had made call of this first judgement, before prince Albert publicly does not admit being the father of Alexandre.

July 13, the weekly magazine had obtained Court of Appeal of Versailles the suspension of the provisional execution of this legal publication.

http://fr.news.yahoo.com/050923/202/4llm6.html[/size]

rchainho said:
How can he be in love for thelma ortiz rocasolano is she has a boyfriend? i think that is the cover that has that article?

Ortiz Rocasolano? Sounds familiar...Hasn't she anything to do with Spain's Princess Laetitia?

Tosca said:
Ortiz Rocasolano? Sounds familiar...Hasn't she anything to do with Spain's Princess Laetitia?
Sister I thought

Yes, she is the sister of the CP, and as far as I know, she has a boyfriend. She's been seen publicly kissing and being cozy with someone and it certainly wasn't Albert.

I imagine that someone, a woman, who already has a pretty nice position, might not want to trade it in for a much more difficult possition. I mean, being the CP of Spain's sister probably does not require her to work a lot. Whomever marries PA will be a busy lady. Not to mention the crap that will come with the job. Some of which was created by PA himself.

Oh and I want to comment about PA, his future wife, Nicole, Eric Alexandre and any new children getting together for BBQ's. If I was the new wife, Eric could come whenever, but I wouldn't let that woman anywhere near my husband. Primarily because she cannot be trusted to keep her mouth shut. Who's to say she's not going to do an interview and say all kinds of horrible stuff. IMO.

Eric, yes, anytime, anywhere. NC NO WAy.

Last edited:
I wondered when I saw this if the woman was related to Letizia. It seems likely she and Letizia are sisters. Felipe and Albert are good friends, so this seems only natural. They "hang" with the same people, as we say in the US. if the other Ortiz Rocasblana (sp?) marries Albert, what an interesting thing for that family, having one future Queen of Spain and one Princess of Monaco.
Talk about kudos. ;)

CasiraghiTrio said:
I wondered when I saw this if the woman was related to Letizia. It seems likely she and Letizia are sisters. Felipe and Albert are good friends, so this seems only natural. They "hang" with the same people, as we say in the US. if the other Ortiz Rocasblana (sp?) marries Albert, what an interesting thing for that family, having one future Queen of Spain and one Princess of Monaco.
Talk about kudos. ;)

Indeed. From what I've read in Spanish mags, Telma Ortiz, the Princess of Asturias' sister, has and is dating a Belgian gentleman. One of the magazines has a photo taken of her in the park kissing this Belgian man.

rarotonga said:
Indeed. From what I've read in Spanish mags, Telma Ortiz, the Princess of Asturias' sister, has and is dating a Belgian gentleman. One of the magazines has a photo taken of her in the park kissing this Belgian man.

How did this rumor about Albert and Telma come about? If Telma has a boyfriend....... maybe Felipe or Letizia tried to set them up but things didn't work out so she is off dating other guys and he is over her, and onto the next?

It seems to have come from a German tabloid where it was picked up by a German pop show. Similar to the US show Entertainment Tonight in media 'culture' fluffy-ish.

Most rags outside France rarely report on Albert anymore and the tv shows rarer still since the lawsuit. Even though 'the kid' is confirmed as his, no one wants to take a chance with news that may be wrong. Even Entertainment Tonight and other such US shows and papers waited until after the Palace confirmed paternity before reporting.

Ann

Suonymona said:
It seems to have come from a German tabloid where it was picked up by a German pop show. Similar to the US show Entertainment Tonight in media 'culture' fluffy-ish.

Most rags outside France rarely report on Albert anymore and the tv shows rarer still since the lawsuit. Even though 'the kid' is confirmed as his, no one wants to take a chance with news that may be wrong. Even Entertainment Tonight and other such US shows and papers waited until after the Palace confirmed paternity before reporting.

Ann[/QUOTE

Yes, very few news sources in America keep up with PA or anyone in the Monoco royal family. Where as, the british are a whole nother story. I think it is, in part, due to the language difference. But also because America has SO many celebrities we really do not even need royalty.

I also think many many in the US could care less about PA or anyone else in Monoco. The tiny country has very little if any real impact on foreign affairs. I laughed my butt off when I heard PA had signed the Kyoto environmental agreement and that was going to "put pressue on other countries". I promise the entire world in this post that no president of the United States is going to feel in any way pressured by PA. And I doubt seriously few world leaders would either. I know Monoco is worth 100 Billion dollars and some very wealthy people reside there but the US is worth Trillions and Trillions. As is the UK, China, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, and many others.

I also saw a story on Entertainment Tonight about NC allegations when they came out. I do not think they ran any follow up story when he claimed the child. I do not think they fear law suits, I think he lacks appeal and that is why he is not covered more in the US. IMO

leahteresa said:
Yes, very few news sources in America keep up with PA or anyone in the Monoco royal family. Where as, the british are a whole nother story. I think it is, in part, due to the language difference. But also because America has SO many celebrities we really do not even need royalty.

I also think many many in the US could care less about PA or anyone else in Monoco. The tiny country has very little if any real impact on foreign affairs. I laughed my butt off when I heard PA had signed the Kyoto environmental agreement and that was going to "put pressue on other countries". I promise the entire world in this post that no president of the United States is going to feel in any way pressured by PA. And I doubt seriously few world leaders would either. I know Monoco is worth 100 Billion dollars and some very wealthy people reside there but the US is worth Trillions and Trillions. As is the UK, China, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, and many others.

I also saw a story on Entertainment Tonight about NC allegations when they came out. I do not think they ran any follow up story when he claimed the child. I do not think they fear law suits, I think he lacks appeal and that is why he is not covered more in the US. IMO
How much do you think that would change if he began to seriously date an American?

I want to elaborate, it would change in a flash! All the tabloids, magazines and news media would discuss this relationship forever and a day! Grace Kelly was admired for marrying a prince. Americans could not stop talking about this fairy tale marriage. Even present, there are numerous novels about her marriage to PR.

PA visits America often and suppose he fell in love with an American female and decided to marry her, it would be the talk of the town…:D There would be so much press coverage; it would get on your nerves… :D

Just my opinion… :)

Since Albert is such a lovely person and most of the celebrities that are worshipped in the US are so icky, I'm not sure whether to hope he does marry (or at least date seriously) an American gal. :confused:

While it would be neat to see all the old Grace&Rainier coverage rehashed again for comparison, I'm sure by the tenth story in two days on EVERY show (not even 'news' shows can get away with not having an entertainment segment nowadays), I might be yelling at the tv and wishing Prince Harry would do something foolish again just for a change of subject! :D

But then if it turns out he's squiring Lady M or myself about, all bets are off. I would want the media to completely go away! :rolleyes:

Ann

LadyMacAlpine said:
How much do you think that would change if he began to seriously date an American?

None. George Bush flipped off the UN and went to war in Iraq. (I do not want to disucss GB or the war, this is not the place.) Dating an American might get him a few minutes on Entertainment Tonight but it certainly would not gain him any political points.

When Rainer married Grace neither was carrying around the kind of personal baggage PA is. (Likely because they were a lot younger) It doesn't help him any that NC is talking and has outted herself as a dummy. He dated her (or maybe just slept with her) for five years and she apparently doesn't know who Mugabe is....That is VERY bad (ignorant) when your from Africa....Or for that matter, any country. PA doesn't need to date anyone, he needs to marry. Even in the military they prefer that officers are married because it lends to their personal support group and stability. A solid marriage is also a good indication of how a person is at maintaining long term relationships on all kinds of levels. This is an important skill for a leader.

Last edited:
LadyMacAlpine said:

I think the changes would be along the same line as it was when Lisa Halaby married Jordanian royalty. Larry King Live would do interviews from time to time, but for the most part, their marriage would fade out of popular public subject matter. Of course, media coverage could be changed if the PR people from Monaco wanted it done. I do think American tourism would increase in Monaco.

Ladies! Here's an opportunity to see Prince Albert:)

Swarovski Fashion Rocks for The Prince's Trust

Jerry Hall, world-renowned model turned West End star, will host this year's most star-studded fusion of fashion and rock: Swarovski Fashion Rocks for The Prince's Trust, in the presence of HSH Prince Albert ll of Monaco, October 17th at the Grimaldi Forum in Monaco.

Rock immortals Bon Jovi will star in the show, as will the biggest selling female artist of all time, Mariah Carey. Other artists announced include Kasabian, voted second best band in the world by NME, Roisin Murphy, Moloko's star vocalist turned solo artist, and Jamie Cullum, the UK's biggest ever selling jazz artist.

These artists will provide electrifying performances, paired with their favourite designers: Alexander McQueen, Burberry, Calvin Klein, Dolce & Gabbana, Giorgio Armani, Prada, Roberto Cavalli, Tommy Hilfiger, Versace, Viktor & Rolf and Vivienne Westwood. The event will be televised by Channel 4.

For 2005, Swarovski Fashion Rocks for The Prince's Trust will have more to offer including guest appearances by Sharon and Kelly Osbourne. Not only will the guests enjoy an eclectic mix of fashion and music, they will also experience a weekend of sensational parties whether on board private luxury yachts or dancing the night away in the infamous Jimmyz nightclub. The show will begin with a champagne reception and culminate in an exclusive dinner, within the Grimaldi Forum, as the glamorous finale.

http://83.138.128.154/Main%20Site%20v2/headline%20news/swarovski%20fashion%20rocks.asp

leahteresa said:
I imagine that someone, a woman, who already has a pretty nice position, might not want to trade it in for a much more difficult possition. I mean, being the CP of Spain's sister probably does not require her to work a lot. Whomever marries PA will be a busy lady. Not to mention the crap that will come with the job. Some of which was created by PA himself.

Oh and I want to comment about PA, his future wife, Nicole, Eric Alexandre and any new children getting together for BBQ's. If I was the new wife, Eric could come whenever, but I wouldn't let that woman anywhere near my husband. Primarily because she cannot be trusted to keep her mouth shut. Who's to say she's not going to do an interview and say all kinds of horrible stuff. IMO.

Eric, yes, anytime, anywhere. NC NO WAy.
I'm with you on that totally! And I wouldn't care about anything that was said on the matter either!

I hope PA marries someone who is a strong woman!

Freedom said:
I think the changes would be along the same line as it was when Lisa Halaby married Jordanian royalty. Larry King Live would do interviews from time to time, but for the most part, their marriage would fade out of popular public subject matter. Of course, media coverage could be changed if the PR people from Monaco wanted it done. I do think American tourism would increase in Monaco.

I slightly disagree. If PA marries a 'normal' American, yes, there will be an initial furor that will ebb and only flow when they have children or visit the US.
But if he marries some sort of celebrity (a very loose term indeed these days), it would behoove the entertainment reporters to keep after them as the US has no real royalty (Kennedys aside) and a genuine American (albeit Monaquese) Princess would be big ratings.

Just look at Grace. If Rainier had married Ms. Bobbie Jo Sayer from Middle Town, there wouldn't haven't been anywhere near the attention they and Monaco received because Grace was a Movie Star. Hollywood Royalty.

However, I personally think Albert has dated enough famous gals to realize he might actually be better off with a Bobbie Jo who just wants a quiet life than someone looking to be at every event and on every magazine and tv show.

Ann

Suonymona said:
I slightly disagree. If PA marries a 'normal' American, yes, there will be an initial furor that will ebb and only flow when they have children or visit the US.
But if he marries some sort of celebrity (a very loose term indeed these days), it would behoove the entertainment reporters to keep after them as the US has no real royalty (Kennedys aside) and a genuine American (albeit Monaquese) Princess would be big ratings.

Just look at Grace. If Rainier had married Ms. Bobbie Jo Sayer from Middle Town, there wouldn't haven't been anywhere near the attention they and Monaco received because Grace was a Movie Star. Hollywood Royalty.

However, I personally think Albert has dated enough famous gals to realize he might actually be better off with a Bobbie Jo who just wants a quiet life than someone looking to be at every event and on every magazine and tv show.

Ann
I can be Bobbie Jo

Prince Albert at the Monaco Yacht Show - 21-24 September 2005​

PABlancpain.jpg
Prince Albert with representatives from Blancpain, sponsors of the 2005 Monaco Yacht Show, which took place last week. (photo credit: Pierre Petavino / MonacoYachtShow.com)

PAimg_folon.jpg
The 6th participation of Blancpain at the Monaco Yacht Show is placed under the sign of the conservation of Monaco’s maritime inheritance. In honor of this partnership, the Prince Albert II of Monaco personally rewarded the artist Jean-Michel Folon with an exceptional watch Blancpain Léman Aqualung Monaco Yacht Show 2005 on September 22, 2005. (Photo credit: blancpain.com)

Princess Grace Foundation Announces 2005 Award Winners

Mikhail Baryshnikov to Be Honored​

NEW YORK, Sept. 28 /PRNewswire/ -- The Board of Trustees of the Princess
Grace Foundation, USA and its Chairman, Hon. John F. Lehman, announced today the winners of the 2005 Princess Grace Awards. The Awards for Theater, Dance and Film, first instituted in 1984, are named in honor of Her Serene Highness Princess Grace of Monaco, who helped aspiring artists pursue their goals throughout Her lifetime.

This year's Gala will be hosted by CNN's Larry King, October 26 at
Manhattan's Cipriani. Baryshnikov has been chosen as the inaugural recipient
of the Prince Rainier III Award in honor of his outstanding contribution to
the arts. "Establishing an ongoing commemoration to HSH Prince Rainier III
was an important charge based on one overriding principal: to support and
enhance the work Prince Rainier started to honor his wife," says Lehman.
HSH Prince Albert of Monaco, the Foundation's Vice Chairman will preside
over the Awards Gala.

The Foundation, a public charity formed after the death of Princess Grace
in 1982, awards grants, scholarships, apprenticeships and fellowships to
assist artists with their training.
This year also marks the addition of a new Choreography Fellowship to
recognize the nation's most promising young practicing choreographers.

http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/stories.pl?ACCT=104&STORY=/www/story/09-28-2005/0004133951&EDATE=

Last edited:
I added a few posts to the Speech thread that has some photo's and videos of Albert in them.

I finally got some "non-news" let explain myself, I was able to talk to one of the old ladies of Monaco (she was in the "in" crowd when P Grace was alive) she said that the issue with NC is a non-issue, he made good in the promise of caring for the child and he is doing so. She was more alert regarding the many changes that PAII has/will make in the gov structure. He has said out with old, in the the new, so the speculation is going as to who will stay and who will not (which to the members of this forum including myself don't give a dime). I tried to get more info but, it seems that between PR death and all this crap of NC the allure of Monaco has waned down, even in this forum all you see "new" is old photos and clips. The rumor mill keeps churning about the other "children" PA might have, (when I asked her about the other "possible children" she gave me one of those answers to be put in a book- "in the Kingdom of Bastardhood there is a lot of pretenders").

Which brings me to think in another possilbility: what will happen if PA when and if decides to marry, he does marry a divorce mother?
Wow, I would love to have tickets to that show;) .

hsh1969 said:
I finally got some "non-news" let explain myself, I was able to talk to one of the old ladies of Monaco (she was in the "in" crowd when P Grace was alive) she said that the issue with NC is a non-issue, he made good in the promise of caring for the child and he is doing so. She was more alert regarding the many changes that PAII has/will make in the gov structure. He has said out with old, in the the new, so the speculation is going as to who will stay and who will not (which to the members of this forum including myself don't give a dime). I tried to get more info but, it seems that between PR death and all this crap of NC the allure of Monaco has waned down, even in this forum all you see "new" is old photos and clips. The rumor mill keeps churning about the other "children" PA might have, (when I asked her about the other "possible children" she gave me one of those answers to be put in a book- "in the Kingdom of Bastardhood there is a lot of pretenders").

Which brings me to think in another possilbility: what will happen if PA when and if decides to marry, he does marry a divorce mother?
Wow, I would love to have tickets to that show;) .
I don't see his having a problem marrying a divorcee provided she wasn't married within the Catholic Church in which case the marriage would need to be annulled. Albert said he knew of no other claims that could be true and again I take that to mean there are no other children he could have fathered. Generally that would mean he used protection.

http://mcpress.free.fr/ Monte Carlo Press you can find some information and photo's of Albert its in French of course you will need a translator if you can't read it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom