The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #181  
Old 10-28-2005, 05:54 PM
leahteresa's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Waipahu, United States
Posts: 305
Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio
God, that was so annoying when Diane Sawyer asked him "Why not change the succession?" and "is race is a factor in keeping Alex from the succession?" That's so lame for so many reasons. Poor albert didn't know how to answer these absurd questions. It was painful to watch him stammer like that. It took him off guard. But he should have explained it to her better. Just saying, "That's not the way it's going to be handled," is fine for us, who know about these things, but for the average general public watching this, they don't understand about "how these things are handled." It probably would have been advisable for him to elaborate on that a little bit. Just maybe adding something like, "Well, my father set up the succession laws as they currently stand, and I see no reason to change that," would have set a better example, I think.
Yes, I saw that too. Like anybody is going to reward a woman who betrays them in the way NC did. It was quite clear he went through a lot, felt betrayed and is not going to reward it in any way. And who can blame him. I think DS was being inflamitory and she should probably look back in European history. If any woman could come along and get pregnant and claim thier child heir, the monarchy would have ceased to exhist long ago because it would have been a feeding frenzy.

In his LK interview I also infered that he had visited the child but was looking to do so minus NC. He said something like "in time in the right way" Did anyone else pick up on that? I wouldn't breathe the same air as that woman if I were him. He might breathe the wrong way, she might decide it's an insult the the "mother of a child of a soveign price" and go do a confussing interview. Ha
__________________

  #182  
Old 10-28-2005, 06:05 PM
CasiraghiTrio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Burbank, United States
Posts: 6,413
Quote:
Originally Posted by leahteresa
Yes, I saw that too. Like anybody is going to reward a woman who betrays them in the way NC did. It was quite clear he went through a lot, felt betrayed and is not going to reward it in any way. And who can blame him. I think DS was being inflamitory and she should probably look back in European history. If any woman could come along and get pregnant and claim thier child heir, the monarchy would have ceased to exhist long ago because it would have been a feeding frenzy.

In his LK interview I also infered that he had visited the child but was looking to do so minus NC. He said something like "in time in the right way" Did anyone else pick up on that? I wouldn't breathe the same air as that woman if I were him. He might breathe the wrong way, she might decide it's an insult the the "mother of a child of a soveign price" and go do a confussing interview. Ha
Yeah...... I definitely sense that he wishes he could keep the kid without the annoying strings (i.e. mother) attached.
__________________

  #183  
Old 10-28-2005, 09:10 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 1,020
Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio
God, that was so annoying when Diane Sawyer asked him "Why not change the succession?" and "is race is a factor in keeping Alex from the succession?" That's so lame for so many reasons. Poor albert didn't know how to answer these absurd questions. It was painful to watch him stammer like that. It took him off guard. But he should have explained it to her better. Just saying, "That's not the way it's going to be handled," is fine for us, who know about these things, but for the average general public watching this, they don't understand about "how these things are handled." It probably would have been advisable for him to elaborate on that a little bit. Just maybe adding something like, "Well, my father set up the succession laws as they currently stand, and I see no reason to change that," would have set a better example, I think.
It seems that unfortunately this particular interviewer sees things thru a 'race' filter. Sad, IMO.

It seems to be something that's so much a part of american thinking that it never gets too far from view for some folks...

too bad...:(


I'm glad that everybody does not see the world in that way...
  #184  
Old 10-28-2005, 09:16 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 1,020
Quote:
Originally Posted by leahteresa
Yes, I saw that too. Like anybody is going to reward a woman who betrays them in the way NC did. It was quite clear he went through a lot, felt betrayed and is not going to reward it in any way. And who can blame him. I think DS was being inflamitory and she should probably look back in European history. If any woman could come along and get pregnant and claim thier child heir, the monarchy would have ceased to exhist long ago because it would have been a feeding frenzy.

In his LK interview I also infered that he had visited the child but was looking to do so minus NC. He said something like "in time in the right way" Did anyone else pick up on that? I wouldn't breathe the same air as that woman if I were him. He might breathe the wrong way, she might decide it's an insult the the "mother of a child of a soveign price" and go do a confussing interview. Ha
my thoughts exactly, leahteresa!!! I couldn't have said it better:p

If I were him I would handle that particular thing just the same manner i.e. privately (not for the magazines or other snoops), at the right time, in the right way (i.e. when he can do it quite apart from scandal, confusion and problems that certain other persons could cause) --- I applaud PA.:) :)

Peace and quiet in his private life is what I think he needs -- he has enough to worry about trying to run an entire country:)
  #185  
Old 10-28-2005, 09:33 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Chicago, United States
Posts: 1,584
I agree. It never should have been asked. I would like to thank some of my American, especially Lillia, and European counterparts on here for their support. Some of my fellow countrymen and women think everything in our country is decided in that manner, when in fact it is not. This is 2005, that record is old and scratchy, find a new one.

I think she had no right to ask a sovereign head of state as it had nothing to do with, nor at any point was it EVER an issue.

I am sometimes embarrassed by the journalists from my own country.
  #186  
Old 10-28-2005, 09:40 PM
LadyMacAlpine's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: *****, United States
Posts: 2,304
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillia
It seems that unfortunately this particular interviewer sees things thru a 'race' filter. Sad, IMO.

It seems to be something that's so much a part of american thinking that it never gets too far from view for some folks...

too bad...:(


I'm glad that everybody does not see the world in that way...
If you are talking about Diane Sawyer you are wrong. She was commenting on public reaction it was in her interview, she asked to get his own response for the public. To make it more is wrong. Did you watch it and listen to the intro to the question? If you did then you should be aware of that fact. There has been to much racism spoken about over this child and they are trying to end it with the interviews.

All those who would say it is racist forget a racist wouldn't have asked a black woman out on a date muchless have sex with her and carried on a relationship as long as Albert did with her.
  #187  
Old 10-28-2005, 09:51 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 1,020
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyMacAlpine
If you are talking about Diane Sawyer you are wrong. She was commenting on public reaction it was in her interview, she asked to get his own response for the public. To make it more is wrong. Did you watch it and listen to the intro to the question? If you did then you should be aware of that fact. There has been to much racism spoken about over this child and they are trying to end it with the interviews.

All those who would say it is racist forget a racist wouldn't have asked a black woman out on a date muchless have sex with her and carried on a relationship as long as Albert did with her.

I understand that -- I've never said or even implied PA was racist, far from it.

I would expect he has a very sophisticated world view -- one that is much more highly developed than any person who were afflicted by that type of 'mental illness'...

I will say, however, that the fact that the question was even introduced into the discussion -- regardless the reason -- indicates to me (as I said) that certain issues are so deeply imprinted on the 'american way' of looking at things -- it clouds the way many americans think in many many ways. Diane Saywer would not be exempt from this either, IMO.

I think that this interviewer could have done more to help put that particular point to rest by not even bringing it up at all -- she should have 'let the sleeping dog lie', imo...

:p
  #188  
Old 10-28-2005, 09:51 PM
Layla1971's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 1,622
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyMacAlpine
All those who would say it is racist forget a racist wouldn't have asked a black woman out on a date muchless have sex with her and carried on a relationship as long as Albert did with her.
Finally someone said that Lady MacAlpine! We shouldn't read something into nothing, the world has enough problems without creating imaginary ones!
__________________
In critical moments even the powerful have need of the weakest.
Aesop

  #189  
Old 10-28-2005, 09:55 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Chicago, United States
Posts: 1,584
Only in the U.S. would it have been brought up no matter whether she was told by her superiors to ask or asked herself.....what else is new?

We always feel the need to compartmentalize everything in my country.

Albert seems to be taking excellent responsibility and it cannot be easy. I hope he and his son grow to have a very loving and close relationship.

He is a cute little boy...:)
  #190  
Old 10-28-2005, 10:07 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: , United States
Posts: 1,032
Quote:
All those who would say it is racist forget a racist wouldn't have asked a black woman out on a date muchless have sex with her and carried on a relationship as long as Albert did with her.
i have to disagree. in slave days, the owners of the plantations would have sex with black women. and today people have sex with people of a different races because of the myths. so in his case, imo, i dont think he is a racist but he will never marry a dark -n-lovely. because its not done for someone who is ruling a country to marry a black women and i dont mean a light skin black women.
people are funny one minute they are very friendly to you and when u see them away from work or school they wont speak to you. now, would u call them a racist? i dont want anyone getting exciting by this post. but there are people out there that would have sex you with but wont take u home to mamma. and as long as the booty is free will keep hitting.
again i dont think he is a racist and again this is my opinion.
__________________
ain' no sunshine when i gone
  #191  
Old 10-28-2005, 10:20 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 1,020
Quote:
Originally Posted by semisquare
..... and as long as the booty is free will keep hitting.
again i dont think he is a racist and again this is my opinion.
Well then, ok.:p

Hopefully that could be the last word on it!
  #192  
Old 10-29-2005, 05:14 AM
michelle's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: ***, Germany
Posts: 2,687
I'll have to think about that
__________________
.... and so I thank you, Michael ...
  #193  
Old 10-29-2005, 05:14 AM
michelle's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: ***, Germany
Posts: 2,687
Listen...Albert won't marry Nicole because of how she treated the whole story. He was in love with her, he had sex with her because he was in love with her ... he didn't think about the colour of her skin...of that I'm sure. If he wanted to marry her it's true that he would be the first wetsern head-of-state to be married to a black woman...but what's the deal??? Can we not just forget this colour-thinking. I was with a black man for some time who's a teacher being born and living in Paris ... if I would have married him I would have been the first in my family to build a family with a non-white person ...but who cares...my old grandma would have said a word because she grew up on the countryside and those people simply only know things that are 5 square miles around. But do we have to live it that way? Aleays listening to those who can't cope with new things, different things? If Albert wanted to he could marry whoever he wants ... everyone would at least get used to and agree with his choice after some time. Stephanie as well dated a blck man ... believe me shewould have married him if she had felt the need to ...and this is the only right way...to follow ones heart...because if you always care so much about what others say it could be hard to find a way.... and the public changes its mind very often ... Albert would be able to make any woman attractive for the public. It is Nicole who made herself a bit unatractive for the public because of how she acts not because of the colour of her skin.
__________________
.... and so I thank you, Michael ...
  #194  
Old 10-29-2005, 05:19 AM
CasiraghiTrio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Burbank, United States
Posts: 6,413
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillia
Peace and quiet in his private life is what I think he needs -- he has enough to worry about trying to run an entire country:)
Yes, but it would be nice to see him taking little Alex somewhere. I wish he could let the kid wave from the balcony at MND, but I know that won't happen. I wonder if it's possible he'll take Alex to football matches, or the tennis masters, the Circus, the Grand Prix? What are the chances? It's hard to say, I think, because the Grimaldis have historically been very open and embracing about these kind of circumstances. Much more so than any other royal family.
  #195  
Old 10-29-2005, 05:30 AM
michelle's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: ***, Germany
Posts: 2,687
Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio
Yes, but it would be nice to see him taking little Alex somewhere. I wish he could let the kid wave from the balcony at MND, but I know that won't happen. I wonder if it's possible he'll take Alex to football matches, or the tennis masters, the Circus, the Grand Prix? What are the chances? It's hard to say, I think, because the Grimaldis have historically been very open and embracing about these kind of circumstances. Much more so than any other royal family.
I think it's quite possible that Alexandre will attend sports events with Albert and maybe Stephanie will convince Albert to bring the little one to the circus because it's a real family tradition and all the kids were brought into this world of atrists and acrobates. I imagine they would want that for Alex as well....

BTW... I'm not sure but did Nicole say that she wanted to call Alexandre Stephane in the first place? Or was it Albert who wanted to call his son Stephane?
__________________
.... and so I thank you, Michael ...
  #196  
Old 10-29-2005, 07:25 AM
CasiraghiTrio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Burbank, United States
Posts: 6,413
Quote:
Originally Posted by michelle
I think it's quite possible that Alexandre will attend sports events with Albert and maybe Stephanie will convince Albert to bring the little one to the circus because it's a real family tradition and all the kids were brought into this world of atrists and acrobates. I imagine they would want that for Alex as well....

BTW... I'm not sure but did Nicole say that she wanted to call Alexandre Stephane in the first place? Or was it Albert who wanted to call his son Stephane?
I wouldn't be surprised if Albert wanted that. I can tell he just adores Stephanie (his sister) and these two seem to have an incredible bond. But "Eric" seems to be the best name for him to use, imo. "Alexandre" has too much potential for being shortened to "Alex" which will confuse us because the Grimaldi family already has an Alex (Caroline's daughter) and Stephane will be confusing too because it's too much like Princess Stephanie. Eric would be a nice, unique name for Albert's son that wouldn't create any confusion of reference!
  #197  
Old 10-29-2005, 07:52 AM
Grace's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 788
I've seen the interview on Larry King and I understood (I'm not American or English so I might be wrong) that he is not seeing the baby at all in this period, I think he said he has seen him and will see him again after he works out ways to meet him "privately"...so I see no chance, at least for now, to see them together up and about.

Plus, if they appeared in public together rumors of Albert never marrying and thinking about including Alex in the succession line would immediately start, and I think that's the last thing Al wants at the moment.

Kisses
  #198  
Old 10-29-2005, 09:34 AM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Miami, United States
Posts: 499
Quote:
Originally Posted by michelle
Listen...Albert won't marry Nicole because of how she treated the whole story. He was in love with her, he had sex with her because he was in love with her ... he didn't think about the colour of her skin...of that I'm sure. If he wanted to marry her it's true that he would be the first wetsern head-of-state to be married to a black woman...but what's the deal??? Can we not just forget this colour-thinking. I was with a black man for some time who's a teacher being born and living in Paris ... if I would have married him I would have been the first in my family to build a family with a non-white person ...but who cares...my old grandma would have said a word because she grew up on the countryside and those people simply only know things that are 5 square miles around. But do we have to live it that way? Aleays listening to those who can't cope with new things, different things? If Albert wanted to he could marry whoever he wants ... everyone would at least get used to and agree with his choice after some time. Stephanie as well dated a blck man ... believe me shewould have married him if she had felt the need to ...and this is the only right way...to follow ones heart...because if you always care so much about what others say it could be hard to find a way.... and the public changes its mind very often ... Albert would be able to make any woman attractive for the public. It is Nicole who made herself a bit unatractive for the public because of how she acts not because of the colour of her skin.

BRAVO, MICHELLE, BRAVO
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  #199  
Old 10-29-2005, 09:41 AM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Miami, United States
Posts: 499
Along the lines of my previous post, which quoted Michelle, if Albert was in love with Nicole at one point and she betrayed his heart in this public & unforgivable way, he might very well be afraid of falling in love again. :(
  #200  
Old 10-29-2005, 10:24 AM
mw7060a's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: , United States
Posts: 229
Quote:
Originally Posted by michelle
Listen...Albert won't marry Nicole because of how she treated the whole story. He was in love with her, he had sex with her because he was in love with her ... he didn't think about the colour of her skin...of that I'm sure... If Albert wanted to he could marry whoever he wants ... everyone would at least get used to and agree with his choice after some time...
I kind of agree with the first part of Michelle's statement that Albert was (probably) in love with Nicole. But I am not too sure about the part where Albert "could marry whoever he wants"...Remember, apparently Albert & Nicole were seeing each other for the past 5 years. Prince Rainier was alive. Prince Rainier was the Sovereign at the time. According to Monaco's laws, the Sovereign has to give permission for any of his children to marry, including his heir apparent, Prince Albert. If all was true, apparently Prince Rainier did not approve of Nicole, and therefore, I don't think he would have given Albert permission to marry her.
__________________

Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
HSH Prince Albert Current Events 10 : Aug.2005 - Sept.2005 Gabriella Current Events Archive 190 09-02-2005 09:54 PM
HSH Prince Albert Current Events 9 : July 2005 - Aug.2005 Gabriella Current Events Archive 203 08-08-2005 05:00 PM
HSH Prince Albert Current Events 8 : June 2005 - July 2005 Gabriella Current Events Archive 159 07-20-2005 09:58 PM
HSH Prince Albert Current Events 6 : May 2005 - June 2005 Gabriella Current Events Archive 137 06-04-2005 12:26 AM
HSH Prince Albert Current Events 3 : Jan.2005 - Apr.2005 Lyonnaise Current Events Archive 155 04-08-2005 05:12 PM




Popular Tags
andrew scott cooper ascot 2016 best gown best gown september 2016 best hat best outfit catherine middleton style coronation coup d'etat crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mary fashion crown princess mette-marit current events dictatorship duchess of cambridge e-mail fashion poll grand duke jean greece kate middleton king abdullah ii king felipe king felipe vi king willem-alexander member introduction monarchy murder new zealand nobel gala norway november 2016 october 2016 opening of parliament picture of the week prince bernhard prince charles princess madeleine princess marie princess marie events princess mary princess mary daytime fashion princess mary fashion princess mary hats princess mette-marit fashion and style queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen letizia style queen mathilde queen mathildes outfits queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania royal fashion september 2016 state visit state visit to denmark succession sweden the duchess of cambridge the duchess of cambridge casual wear the duchess of cambridge daytime fashion the duchess of cambridge fashion the duchess of cambridge hats


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:05 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2016
Jelsoft Enterprises