The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2005, 04:37 AM
Majesty

And the rest from Eastnews
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MONAKO_ALBERT6_009.JPG
Views:	119
Size:	17.9 KB
ID:	191048   Click image for larger version

Name:	MONAKO_ALBERT6_010.JPG
Views:	84
Size:	15.7 KB
ID:	191049   Click image for larger version

Name:	MONAKO_ALBERT6_013.JPG
Views:	82
Size:	20.6 KB
ID:	191050   Click image for larger version

Name:	MONAKO_ALBERT6_014.JPG
Views:	112
Size:	21.5 KB
ID:	191051  

Click image for larger version

Name:	MONAKO_ALBERT6_015.JPG
Views:	88
Size:	18.5 KB
ID:	191052   Click image for larger version

Name:	MONAKO_ALBERT6_018.JPG
Views:	110
Size:	16.6 KB
ID:	191053  

Old 09-08-2005, 06:50 AM
Heir Presumptive

Thank you for the photo's.

Old 09-08-2005, 08:54 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreed777
I swear I don't mean this ugly or to start an argument - I honestly want to know - do you people actually find him physically attractive? I guess I've been married to a very physically-fit health nut for too long (who is 10 years older than Albert and looks 10 years younger)- I just see that big ole' belly as a big ole' turn-off. Just my opinion...NOT trying to be argumentative.
No arguments here.
I'm sure you find your husband attractive in many ways, not only in looks.
Intelligence, sense of humor, sensitivity, compasion, the ability to empathize with one another, enjoying in your hobbies and vice versa, understanding, trust, loyalty and more or less want for the same things (goals) in life.
If you find someone who is attractive & only attractive physically what else is there? No future because you won't be able to meet eachother half way.

I personally never look at the way someone looks on the outside. I don't find Albert attractive but for other reasons. :)
Old 09-08-2005, 11:50 AM
Aristocracy

who would?

who would want to marry somebody if it meant you are constantly followed by photographers? or your private life would be splashed in the media? that would really suck.
Old 09-08-2005, 12:42 PM
Heir Presumptive

I just noticed is that a set of legs and feet up in the air in the third photo? Directly behind Albert. It is good to see him enjoying himself after everything and the job he has taken on.
Old 09-08-2005, 01:34 PM
Nobility

Here's someone I can identify with certainty on that boat - Mike Powers. He's the man to whom PA is talking to, the one sitting down. From what I've heard, they are best buddies.
Old 09-08-2005, 01:56 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelleq
Lady MacAlpine, what is his type? I have seen him with all shapes, sizes and colors.

I personally feel that he will marry someone who stimulates his intelligence more. And if you gain access to him, you have just as much chance as any of the others.
Don't forget one important thing... the sisters will have to approve after looking the girl over. I think that Princess Stephanie would love whoever Prince Albert chose but Princess Caroline would be more formidable. Princess Caroline would be very tough on her prospective sister-in-law. Since her mother Princess Grace passed away, Caroline's been the First Lady of Monaco and I don't think that she would gracefully give that up. If Albert married, she would be relegated to a secondary position and I don't think that would sit too well with her. It may have been different if Prince Ranier were still alive and Albert married but now that he's on his own, I think we'll be seeing some in-fighting if that came to pass.

I apologize for offending anyone but that's just my opinion and I could be dead wrong :)
Old 09-08-2005, 02:39 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreed777
I swear I don't mean this ugly or to start an argument - I honestly want to know - do you people actually find him physically attractive? I guess I've been married to a very physically-fit health nut for too long (who is 10 years older than Albert and looks 10 years younger)- I just see that big ole' belly as a big ole' turn-off. Just my opinion...NOT trying to be argumentative.
When I say I think PA is cute, I mean his face is nice looking. It's a completely superficial comment. I have no idea about his intellectual abilities, although since he is a Prince and he has had incredible access to just about everything in the world for all of his life, more than normal people, I expect him to be very well educated (not just academcally) and able to converse on many subjects.

I personally do not prefer his body shape, he's getting too amorphous for my tastes -- but ok, there are others who do not care what he looks like at all.

I like his appearance when he is in a tux primarily, but of course in a tux, his body is covered up and no one can see anything -- but that's just me

In the swimtrunks, I prefer not. I think he should get on the treadmill 4 days per week.
Old 09-08-2005, 02:54 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillia
when I say I think PA is cute, I mean his face is nice looking. I personally do not prefer his body shape -- but ok, there are others who do not care what he looks like. I like his appearance when he is in a tux mainly.

In the swimtrunks, I prefer not. I think he should get on the treadmill 4 days per week.
LOL@ you he is a good tux man isn't he. Personally I don't like the color on him. He was working out everyday he could and probably still tries. He has a personal trainer and a gym in the Palace. Could be like many of us when we get stressed and god knows this whole thing with his father's death and Nicole on top of finding a whole new cabinet to help him run Monaco he has to be stressing as some of us to by either eating to much or drinking. He likes cranberry vodka and sparkling water. Heard champagne as well as occasionally has a beer with dinner. Beer will give a man a belly. Maybe he and I can work it off each other lol.
Old 09-08-2005, 03:03 PM
Heir Presumptive

Could a man on this board give me an explaination for something I see Albert do in a photo that I see so many men do. Why do men put their hands on their stomachs like that after they eat? I get embarrassed to easy to be that bold to ask one directly to his face. It has to be a man thing I haven't seen any woman do it.
Old 09-08-2005, 03:04 PM
Serene Highness

Yes -- I think he looks rather nice in formal wear.

And I totally understand that stress can make anybody just want to take a break. It will take a little time for him to get totally comfortable with the recent big changes in his life -- I will not even go into the issue of that horrible woman. If I were him, I would want to just sit on a boat and look at the sun and the moon and not think too hard on anything. Just reflect.

I'll have to see if I can find some of this cranberry vodka for a taste, sounds pretty good:p

I still think he could go to the gym more -- I hope he doesn't just toss that idea out the window completely.

And maybe if his swim pants were not that shade of green -- but his stomach would look the same no matter.:)
Old 09-08-2005, 03:07 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyMacAlpine
Could a man on this board give me an explaination for something I see Albert do in a photo that I see so many men do. Why do men put their hands on their stomachs like that after they eat? I get embarrassed to easy to be that bold to ask one directly to his face. It has to be a man thing I haven't seen any woman do it.
Some men (not all) do things that I would never do in a billion years -- some of that is not so interesting to me either (like sitting in the chair with their legs all over the place -- but then I'm not a man either)
Old 09-08-2005, 03:33 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillia
Yes -- I think he looks rather nice in formal wear.

And I totally understand that stress can make anybody just want to take a break. It will take a little time for him to get totally comfortable with the recent big changes in his life -- I will not even go into the issue of that horrible woman. If I were him, I would want to just sit on a boat and look at the sun and the moon and not think too hard on anything. Just reflect.

I'll have to see if I can find some of this cranberry vodka for a taste, sounds pretty good:p

I still think he could go to the gym more -- I hope he doesn't just toss that idea out the window comppletely.

And maybe if his swim pants were not that shade of green -- but his stomach would look the same no matter.:)
Its the shade of a fire engine. I'll play I have a ladder to put up against the wall to his window to put out the fire. Prince William drinks a Cape Cod Vodka, Cranberry Juice, Lime Wedge.
Old 09-08-2005, 10:37 PM
Nobility

Cannot resist chimming in on this one....ha...

I am also married to a very attractive fit man and it translates into a better chance for a longer, healthier life. So, there are side benefits but, as women have hormones, men surely have their own set of weight issues. His is probably french food and the certian knowledge that no matter how big he gets, women will always follow him for one reason or another.

These pics turned me off probably more than any I've seen and I know he's had previous "out on the water with women" photos put out there. But, he just gave some speeches on racism, talked about how's he wants to start out with a clean slate and step up to the plate on the illegetamante children issue. Blah, Blah Blah. I don't think I or anyone would interprete this as " I'm about to get perfect" but it was a subtle indication that he was aware of his image and might be interested in cleaning up his act some. Does that mean no fun or that he needs to take on some hypersensitve attitude about the press, no but these pictures, quite honestly, look like bunch of dirty old men molesting young girls.

And I really do not think having the press follow me and print stuff about me would be any big deal if I was in love with the man I married. Anyone in a solid marriage understands, you get the good with the bad. But my fear would be that he would get caught cheating by the media first, thus exposing me, and potentially any children we have, to public humiliation.

Let me finish by saying I have not idea when these picutures were taken, could have been two years ago for all I know. The press will take them and print them when they need to sell copy.
Old 09-08-2005, 10:47 PM
Nobility

Vodka cran with a lime wedge is my choice of drink. For some reason, I do not get buzzed or anything with Grey Goose or Belvedere vodka. I tried the lesser quality vodkas and boy, oh boy, I get really drunk. Just thought I'd share.
Old 09-08-2005, 10:53 PM
Heir Presumptive

lol Rorotonga it is isn't it I tried it due to Albert to see what it was like.
Old 09-09-2005, 03:39 AM
Gentry

A friend of mine just pointed this out in an email. She sent me these pics too.

Did anyone notice that there are two separate, distinct women in the pics....it's not just one woman? In this pic both women are seen at the table. He was hanging around with both of them, and if I had to guess I would say they were with the other men, not necessarily Albert.

I'm not sure how to post the pic within the message...but the link works. :)
Old 09-09-2005, 08:01 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunkycat
A friend of mine just pointed this out in an email. She sent me these pics too.

Did anyone notice that there are two separate, distinct women in the pics....it's not just one woman? In this pic both women are seen at the table. He was hanging around with both of them, and if I had to guess I would say they were with the other men, not necessarily Albert.

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...hmentid=190949

I'm not sure how to post the pic within the message...but the link works. :)
Albert has his right hand on the back of the one sitting next to him if you look in this photo.
Old 09-09-2005, 11:45 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisele
Don't forget one important thing... the sisters will have to approve after looking the girl over. I think that Princess Stephanie would love whoever Prince Albert chose but Princess Caroline would be more formidable. Princess Caroline would be very tough on her prospective sister-in-law. Since her mother Princess Grace passed away, Caroline's been the First Lady of Monaco and I don't think that she would gracefully give that up. If Albert married, she would be relegated to a secondary position and I don't think that would sit too well with her. It may have been different if Prince Ranier were still alive and Albert married but now that he's on his own, I think we'll be seeing some in-fighting if that came to pass.

I apologize for offending anyone but that's just my opinion and I could be dead wrong :)
let's be honest here! His sisters dont have to approve any wife for Albert! It would be nice if they got along but when it comes down to the final say they really have none. Nobody approved of Grace when she married Rainier. Rainier's mother is said to have detested her, his sister reportedly tried to topple the throne with one of her sons, all because they did not approve of Grace, but Rainer hung tight and still married & stayed married to Grace through all of this turmoil. Albert has been strong enough to put off marraige this long and I'm sure the pressure of it was not easy I'm sure he'll choose whomever he wants to marry regardless of what Caroline may think in the end, she's been quoted as saying many times that she wishes she could retire. This just may be her chance.

This is just my opinion of course.:)
Old 09-09-2005, 12:10 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by lashinka2002
let's be honest here! His sisters dont have to approve any wife for Albert! It would be nice if they got along but when it comes down to the final say they really have none. Nobody approved of Grace when she married Rainier. Rainier's mother is said to have detested her, his sister reportedly tried to topple the throne with one of her sons, all because they did not approve of Grace, but Rainer hung tight and still married & stayed married to Grace through all of this turmoil. Albert has been strong enough to put off marraige this long and I'm sure the pressure of it was not easy I'm sure he'll choose whomever he wants to marry regardless of what Caroline may think in the end, she's been quoted as saying many times that she wishes she could retire. This just may be her chance.

This is just my opinion of course.:)
I will disagree with you. And when Rainier married Grace he had to notify France of his intentions of marriage before the announcements were made as in the cases of Albert's sisters. The Reining Prince of Monaco is the head of the family for anyone to marry permission must be requested in writing to the Prince. With Albert head of the family he doesn't need to ask however his sisters will have a say in who he does marry in that its not likely he wants them to cause trouble with his wife as his mother experianced. A friend of Albert's has stated he has always asked others opinions of what they thought of the woman he dates. Thats an indication he seeks approval she would be accepted as his wife should the relationship reach that stage.