HSH Prince Albert Current Events 11 : September 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And the rest from Eastnews

Attachments

• MONAKO_ALBERT6_009.JPG
    MONAKO_ALBERT6_009.JPG
    17.9 KB · Views: 190
  • MONAKO_ALBERT6_010.JPG
    MONAKO_ALBERT6_010.JPG
    15.7 KB · Views: 169
  • MONAKO_ALBERT6_013.JPG
    MONAKO_ALBERT6_013.JPG
    20.6 KB · Views: 164
  • MONAKO_ALBERT6_014.JPG
    MONAKO_ALBERT6_014.JPG
    21.5 KB · Views: 184
  • MONAKO_ALBERT6_015.JPG
    MONAKO_ALBERT6_015.JPG
    18.5 KB · Views: 158
  • MONAKO_ALBERT6_018.JPG
    MONAKO_ALBERT6_018.JPG
    16.6 KB · Views: 186
dreed777 said:
I swear I don't mean this ugly or to start an argument - I honestly want to know - do you people actually find him physically attractive? I guess I've been married to a very physically-fit health nut for too long (who is 10 years older than Albert and looks 10 years younger)- I just see that big ole' belly as a big ole' turn-off. Just my opinion...NOT trying to be argumentative.

No arguments here.
I'm sure you find your husband attractive in many ways, not only in looks.
Intelligence, sense of humor, sensitivity, compasion, the ability to empathize with one another, enjoying in your hobbies and vice versa, understanding, trust, loyalty and more or less want for the same things (goals) in life.
If you find someone who is attractive & only attractive physically what else is there? No future because you won't be able to meet eachother half way.

I personally never look at the way someone looks on the outside. I don't find Albert attractive but for other reasons. :)

who would?

who would want to marry somebody if it meant you are constantly followed by photographers? or your private life would be splashed in the media? that would really suck.

I just noticed is that a set of legs and feet up in the air in the third photo? Directly behind Albert. It is good to see him enjoying himself after everything and the job he has taken on.

Here's someone I can identify with certainty on that boat - Mike Powers. He's the man to whom PA is talking to, the one sitting down. From what I've heard, they are best buddies.

michelleq said:
Lady MacAlpine, what is his type? I have seen him with all shapes, sizes and colors.

I personally feel that he will marry someone who stimulates his intelligence more. And if you gain access to him, you have just as much chance as any of the others.

Don't forget one important thing... the sisters will have to approve after looking the girl over. I think that Princess Stephanie would love whoever Prince Albert chose but Princess Caroline would be more formidable. Princess Caroline would be very tough on her prospective sister-in-law. Since her mother Princess Grace passed away, Caroline's been the First Lady of Monaco and I don't think that she would gracefully give that up. If Albert married, she would be relegated to a secondary position and I don't think that would sit too well with her. It may have been different if Prince Ranier were still alive and Albert married but now that he's on his own, I think we'll be seeing some in-fighting if that came to pass.

I apologize for offending anyone but that's just my opinion and I could be dead wrong :)

dreed777 said:
I swear I don't mean this ugly or to start an argument - I honestly want to know - do you people actually find him physically attractive? I guess I've been married to a very physically-fit health nut for too long (who is 10 years older than Albert and looks 10 years younger)- I just see that big ole' belly as a big ole' turn-off. Just my opinion...NOT trying to be argumentative.
When I say I think PA is cute, I mean his face is nice looking. It's a completely superficial comment. I have no idea about his intellectual abilities, although since he is a Prince and he has had incredible access to just about everything in the world for all of his life, more than normal people, I expect him to be very well educated (not just academcally) and able to converse on many subjects.

I personally do not prefer his body shape, he's getting too amorphous for my tastes -- but ok, there are others who do not care what he looks like at all.

I like his appearance when he is in a tux primarily, but of course in a tux, his body is covered up and no one can see anything -- but that's just me:D

In the swimtrunks, I prefer not. I think he should get on the treadmill 4 days per week.

Last edited:
Lillia said:
when I say I think PA is cute, I mean his face is nice looking. I personally do not prefer his body shape -- but ok, there are others who do not care what he looks like. I like his appearance when he is in a tux mainly.

In the swimtrunks, I prefer not. I think he should get on the treadmill 4 days per week.
LOL@ you he is a good tux man isn't he. Personally I don't like the color on him. He was working out everyday he could and probably still tries. He has a personal trainer and a gym in the Palace. Could be like many of us when we get stressed and god knows this whole thing with his father's death and Nicole on top of finding a whole new cabinet to help him run Monaco he has to be stressing as some of us to by either eating to much or drinking. He likes cranberry vodka and sparkling water. Heard champagne as well as occasionally has a beer with dinner. Beer will give a man a belly. Maybe he and I can work it off each other lol.

Could a man on this board give me an explaination for something I see Albert do in a photo that I see so many men do. Why do men put their hands on their stomachs like that after they eat? I get embarrassed to easy to be that bold to ask one directly to his face. It has to be a man thing I haven't seen any woman do it.

Yes -- I think he looks rather nice in formal wear.

And I totally understand that stress can make anybody just want to take a break. It will take a little time for him to get totally comfortable with the recent big changes in his life -- I will not even go into the issue of that horrible woman. If I were him, I would want to just sit on a boat and look at the sun and the moon and not think too hard on anything. Just reflect.

I'll have to see if I can find some of this cranberry vodka for a taste, sounds pretty good:p

I still think he could go to the gym more -- I hope he doesn't just toss that idea out the window completely.:D

And maybe if his swim pants were not that shade of green -- but his stomach would look the same no matter.:)

Last edited:
LadyMacAlpine said:
Could a man on this board give me an explaination for something I see Albert do in a photo that I see so many men do. Why do men put their hands on their stomachs like that after they eat? I get embarrassed to easy to be that bold to ask one directly to his face. It has to be a man thing I haven't seen any woman do it.

Some men (not all) do things that I would never do in a billion years -- some of that is not so interesting to me either (like sitting in the chair with their legs all over the place -- but then I'm not a man either)

Last edited:
Lillia said:
Yes -- I think he looks rather nice in formal wear.

And I totally understand that stress can make anybody just want to take a break. It will take a little time for him to get totally comfortable with the recent big changes in his life -- I will not even go into the issue of that horrible woman. If I were him, I would want to just sit on a boat and look at the sun and the moon and not think too hard on anything. Just reflect.

I'll have to see if I can find some of this cranberry vodka for a taste, sounds pretty good:p

I still think he could go to the gym more -- I hope he doesn't just toss that idea out the window comppletely.:D

And maybe if his swim pants were not that shade of green -- but his stomach would look the same no matter.:)
Its the shade of a fire engine. I'll play I have a ladder to put up against the wall to his window to put out the fire. Prince William drinks a Cape Cod Vodka, Cranberry Juice, Lime Wedge.

Cannot resist chimming in on this one....ha...

I am also married to a very attractive fit man and it translates into a better chance for a longer, healthier life. So, there are side benefits but, as women have hormones, men surely have their own set of weight issues. His is probably french food and the certian knowledge that no matter how big he gets, women will always follow him for one reason or another.

These pics turned me off probably more than any I've seen and I know he's had previous "out on the water with women" photos put out there. But, he just gave some speeches on racism, talked about how's he wants to start out with a clean slate and step up to the plate on the illegetamante children issue. Blah, Blah Blah. I don't think I or anyone would interprete this as " I'm about to get perfect" but it was a subtle indication that he was aware of his image and might be interested in cleaning up his act some. Does that mean no fun or that he needs to take on some hypersensitve attitude about the press, no but these pictures, quite honestly, look like bunch of dirty old men molesting young girls.

And I really do not think having the press follow me and print stuff about me would be any big deal if I was in love with the man I married. Anyone in a solid marriage understands, you get the good with the bad. But my fear would be that he would get caught cheating by the media first, thus exposing me, and potentially any children we have, to public humiliation.

Let me finish by saying I have not idea when these picutures were taken, could have been two years ago for all I know. The press will take them and print them when they need to sell copy.

Vodka cran with a lime wedge is my choice of drink. For some reason, I do not get buzzed or anything with Grey Goose or Belvedere vodka. I tried the lesser quality vodkas and boy, oh boy, I get really drunk. Just thought I'd share.

lol Rorotonga it is isn't it I tried it due to Albert to see what it was like.

A friend of mine just pointed this out in an email. She sent me these pics too.

Did anyone notice that there are two separate, distinct women in the pics....it's not just one woman? In this pic both women are seen at the table. He was hanging around with both of them, and if I had to guess I would say they were with the other men, not necessarily Albert.

attachment.php

I'm not sure how to post the pic within the message...but the link works. :)

Bunkycat said:

Did anyone notice that there are two separate, distinct women in the pics....it's not just one woman? In this pic both women are seen at the table. He was hanging around with both of them, and if I had to guess I would say they were with the other men, not necessarily Albert.

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=190949

I'm not sure how to post the pic within the message...but the link works. :)
Albert has his right hand on the back of the one sitting next to him if you look in this photo.

Lisele said:
Don't forget one important thing... the sisters will have to approve after looking the girl over. I think that Princess Stephanie would love whoever Prince Albert chose but Princess Caroline would be more formidable. Princess Caroline would be very tough on her prospective sister-in-law. Since her mother Princess Grace passed away, Caroline's been the First Lady of Monaco and I don't think that she would gracefully give that up. If Albert married, she would be relegated to a secondary position and I don't think that would sit too well with her. It may have been different if Prince Ranier were still alive and Albert married but now that he's on his own, I think we'll be seeing some in-fighting if that came to pass.

I apologize for offending anyone but that's just my opinion and I could be dead wrong :)

let's be honest here! His sisters dont have to approve any wife for Albert! It would be nice if they got along but when it comes down to the final say they really have none. Nobody approved of Grace when she married Rainier. Rainier's mother is said to have detested her, his sister reportedly tried to topple the throne with one of her sons, all because they did not approve of Grace, but Rainer hung tight and still married & stayed married to Grace through all of this turmoil. Albert has been strong enough to put off marraige this long and I'm sure the pressure of it was not easy I'm sure he'll choose whomever he wants to marry regardless of what Caroline may think in the end, she's been quoted as saying many times that she wishes she could retire. This just may be her chance.

This is just my opinion of course.:)

Last edited:
lashinka2002 said:
let's be honest here! His sisters dont have to approve any wife for Albert! It would be nice if they got along but when it comes down to the final say they really have none. Nobody approved of Grace when she married Rainier. Rainier's mother is said to have detested her, his sister reportedly tried to topple the throne with one of her sons, all because they did not approve of Grace, but Rainer hung tight and still married & stayed married to Grace through all of this turmoil. Albert has been strong enough to put off marraige this long and I'm sure the pressure of it was not easy I'm sure he'll choose whomever he wants to marry regardless of what Caroline may think in the end, she's been quoted as saying many times that she wishes she could retire. This just may be her chance.

This is just my opinion of course.:)
I will disagree with you. And when Rainier married Grace he had to notify France of his intentions of marriage before the announcements were made as in the cases of Albert's sisters. The Reining Prince of Monaco is the head of the family for anyone to marry permission must be requested in writing to the Prince. With Albert head of the family he doesn't need to ask however his sisters will have a say in who he does marry in that its not likely he wants them to cause trouble with his wife as his mother experianced. A friend of Albert's has stated he has always asked others opinions of what they thought of the woman he dates. Thats an indication he seeks approval she would be accepted as his wife should the relationship reach that stage.

LadyMacAlpine said:
lol Rorotonga it is isn't it I tried it due to Albert to see what it was like.

LadyMac, by the way, how do know vodka cran is among PA's favorite drink?

LadyMacAlpine said:
I will disagree with you. And when Rainier married Grace he had to notify France of his intentions of marriage before the announcements were made as in the cases of Albert's sisters. The Reining Prince of Monaco is the head of the family for anyone to marry permission must be requested in writing to the Prince. With Albert head of the family he doesn't need to ask however his sisters will have a say in who he does marry in that its not likely he wants them to cause trouble with his wife as his mother experianced. A friend of Albert's has stated he has always asked others opinions of what they thought of the woman he dates. Thats an indication he seeks approval she would be accepted as his wife should the relationship reach that stage.

Correct me if I'm wrong but according to your post your saying that his sisters will have a say in the wife he chooses as an opinion only? Because if that's the case he may choose not to take thier opinions to heart. He probably will but the point is he doesn't have to. As for France well I was discussing approval from family members, I realize that almost every regning prince or monarchy must discuss future spouses at some point. Maybe that's why he's not married yet, he keeps asking for other peoples opinions mindless of his own. :)

Why is it that now Albert is Monaco's head of state we see less of him then we did when he was only the Hereditary Prince? It seems like he did much more public duties in the former capacity. He was always traveling somewhere to meet with some official or other. Now there are hardly any public appearances. Is that because, as head of state, he now has more government duties than public ones? Is he spending more time in conference rooms and offices?
I miss seeing pics of my favorite geek! :) He's so cool!

BTW, did anyone notice that Getty called Albert Stephanie's son in the captions for the Red Cross ball pics? :D

Last edited:
rarotonga said:
LadyMac, by the way, how do know vodka cran is among PA's favorite drink?
Umm read it somewhere don't know where

CasiraghiTrio said:
Why is it that now Albert is Monaco's head of state we see less of him then we did when he was only the Hereditary Prince? It seems like he did much more public duties in the former capacity. He was always traveling somewhere to meet with some official or other. Now there are hardly any public appearances. Is that because, as head of state, he now has more government duties than public ones? Is he spending more time in conference rooms and offices?
I miss seeing pics of my favorite geek! :) He's so cool!

BTW, did anyone notice that Getty called Albert Stephanie's son in the captions for the Red Cross ball pics? :D
I would have to say you have the reason correct. If you look at the official website for the Palace as I do http://www.monaco.gouv.mc/PortGb (journel officiel) to see what he is doing there is a list of appointments he is making decision just to establish his own government positions or cabinet, whatever you want to all it he is busy. He has made some public appearances at the ball etc. Use to be from what I have read the Princes weren't in residence at the Palace in the summer but at others. November and December are generally busier in all Government work it seems. Our own Congress, House whatever is in session during certain times of the year even though they are working in their own individual offices within the community. He also chairs a lot of organizations if I said that right meaning meetings. Heads up a lot more then just the running of Monaco's Government.

lashinka2002 said:
Correct me if I'm wrong but according to your post your saying that his sisters will have a say in the wife he chooses as an opinion only? Because if that's the case he may choose not to take thier opinions to heart. He probably will but the point is he doesn't have to. As for France well I was discussing approval from family members, I realize that almost every regning prince or monarchy must discuss future spouses at some point. Maybe that's why he's not married yet, he keeps asking for other peoples opinions mindless of his own. :)
Perhaps the best way to say it is if they don't like a woman he is dating they won't make things easy and how many people would want that type of unrest in their lives? In one of the threads Stephanie told a female that had talked to him woman had to get past her and Caroline for approval. Don't know if she was kidding or what.

Michelle you reading this? Want to say it was you who wrote it meeting them in Stephanies place sometime back or you knew who it was because Albert ended up speaking with your brother about soccer. Maybe Sebastian recalls it. I think it is in a Stephanie thread sometime before 09/08/04.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, Lady M, for responding to my question about what Albert is doing lately. Of course he's busy busy busy. I have a question about the recent pics of him on the Pacha III from East News.

I just saw them today and this made me wonder whatever happened to the old Mogambo II boat? When was the last time Albert used that one? And why was he using Caroline's boat? Does he have one of his own? Was Caroline on the boat too? Also about PACHA III, it's homeport must be Monte Carlo since it is an SBM yacht. Is this right? Do the Grimaldis have any other yachts or other kind of boats? Is the Mogambo II still in commission or has it been replaced by a Mogambo III or some other boat?

Thanks for the education!

CasiraghiTrio said:
Thanks, Lady M, for responding to my question about what Albert is doing lately. Of course he's busy busy busy. I have a question about the recent pics of him on the Pacha III from East News.

I just saw them today and this made me wonder whatever happened to the old Mogambo II boat? When was the last time Albert used that one? And why was he using Caroline's boat? Does he have one of his own? Was Caroline on the boat too? Also about PACHA III, it's homeport must be Monte Carlo since it is an SBM yacht. Is this right? Do the Grimaldis have any other yachts or other kind of boats? Is the Mogambo II still in commission or has it been replaced by a Mogambo III or some other boat?

Thanks for the education!
Lots of questions see what I can find out for you if someone doesn't beat me to it which would be nice. You are welcome.

LadyMacAlpine said:
Perhaps the best way to say it is if they don't like a woman he is dating they won't make things easy and how many people would want that type of unrest in their lives? In one of the threads Stephanie told a female that had talked to him woman had to get past her and Caroline for approval. Don't know if she was kidding or what.

Michelle you reading this? Want to say it was you who wrote it meeting them in Stephanies place sometime back or you knew who it was because Albert ended up speaking with your brother about soccer. Maybe Sebastian recalls it. I think it is in a Stephanie thread sometime before 09/08/04.

Well, right I talked about it. If I recall it correctly it was Albert himself who said something like this. I think he was half the way kidding but there was a bit serious comment in it. I guess it would be hard or any woman to make it through if Steph and Caro don't approve of her. :)

michelle said:
Well, right I talked about it. If I recall it correctly it was Albert himself who said something like this. I think he was half the way kidding but there was a bit serious comment in it. I guess it would be hard or any woman to make it through if Steph and Caro don't approve of her. :)
I thought it was you. All right you belly haters feast your eyes on this flat tummy whoa, whistlinggggggg slim and trim before the stressful days and check out the hair while you are at it. He has a nice rear view BTW. Nice set of legs chase me baby.Corbis

Attachments

• al1989.jpg
    al1989.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 188
  • al1994.jpg
    al1994.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 157
  • alb1994.jpg
    alb1994.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 175
  • al1998.jpg
    al1998.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 152
Last edited:
Just btw...I didn't realize until now how much Alexandre resembles his aunt Stephanie and his cousin Camille ( and look how much Camille looks like her mommy :) )

(own col.)

Attachments

• baby alexandre.JPG
    baby alexandre.JPG
    10.7 KB · Views: 88
  • baby steph.JPG
    baby steph.JPG
    15 KB · Views: 75
  • little steph.JPG
    little steph.JPG
    9 KB · Views: 81
  • little camille.JPG
    little camille.JPG
    25.6 KB · Views: 73
Bunkycat said:
Bunkycat said:

Did anyone notice that there are two separate, distinct women in the pics....it's not just one woman? In this pic both women are seen at the table. He was hanging around with both of them, and if I had to guess I would say they were with the other men, not necessarily Albert."

I think one of the women moved from his side when they spotted the media. In one of the pics the girl to Alberts Right is looking in the direction of whatever boat was there, likely the one containing the media. Which means they were likely discussing it and she wanted a little photo op. I've looked at pictures of both PA and P. Charles with women and the women almost always smile for the camera when they realize the camera is on them. (When P. Charles was single) Just an oberservation, I could be wrong and this certainly cannot be taken as the rule. But it is very very common in pics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom