HSH Prince Albert Current Events 11 : September 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Grace said:
Just because she hates publicity, yesterday night Nicole Coste was interviewd on the French tv...I'm sorry I haven't watched it...
BTW, she declared to the mags she wants to do charity as a "job"; I guess she plans on living on Albert's money, or she just got a huge inheritance we don't know of. Thank God she hasn't declared she wants to represent Monaco as her future job!!!!

Kisses
I thought she said she did not want to do any more talking to the press at all.:confused: :confused:

She said several times and she even wrote a long letter to Bunte Magazine saying explicitly that she wanted to be left alone and she would no longer give interviews to anyone because her baby needed his quiet life -- and now she has hired a public relations firm to manage a schedule for interview requests and handle her 'public' image?

A person who wants to stay out of the spotlight would not hire a press agent for themselves, but that's just my own opinion.

I had a feeling that her PM interview would not be the last of her activities -- She just keeps things going on and on and on. Pushing and pushing...

I believe she has clear intentions on something more and agenda to go with it. Maybe this is the way she found to get Albert's attention once again. Maybe she's trying to get him to take action against her and stir up more confusion in the public arena because of dragging the boy to all those interviews and continuing to put media attention on him (and herself) -- trying to make Albert look like the bad guy again. I don't know:cool: :confused: :confused:

Time itself will reveal what those things are...

assia said:
I saw the interview Thierry Ardisson (very famous French interviewer) made which was transmitted saturday.on French TV. First she had requested that all the public present on the show leave the stage, she wanted to be alone with him, as "the mother of a head of state's child". it was just ridiculous, she didn't want to answer any questions, she just sat smiling at him saying I don't want to answer to that but what she said is that she wanted Alex grow up like any other child with no media attention but if she keeps on speaking to the media lile that how does she want them to leave her alone !She should now keep low-profile and raise her child !
She does not want the public to see the boy at all, but she takes him on TV to do an interview?:confused: :confused: :confused:

I think she's peddling that baby and his relationship to PA in the media again to advance some agenda that she's carrying. At least that's what it sounds like to me...

Last edited by a moderator:
mw7060a said:
Prince Albert made a speech at the U.S. Soccer Foundation's formal dinner:

http://www.washtimes.com/entertainment/20050918-102751-6656r.htm

Ugghh! I live near that hotel in Washington. Too bad I had to leave on a field research. I could've caught a glimpse of PA. Oh, well. I didn't think he travelled often to Washington, DC because I mostly hear about how he is in New York City for the UN General Assembly or for the Princess Grace Foundation or some other charity-related event. Oh, well.

rarotonga said:
Ugghh! I live near that hotel in Washington. Too bad I had to leave on a field research. I could've caught a glimpse of PA. Oh, well. I didn't think he travelled often to Washington, DC because I mostly hear about how he is in New York City for the UN General Assembly or for the Princess Grace Foundation or some other charity-related event. Oh, well.

Never mind. I was in town after all, buried in paperwork. The banquet was on 15 September.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok here is my opinion... :)

What a horrible interview. The journalist really made Nicole look pretty unstable. This is the reason a lot of celebrities refuse to give interviews because a seasoned journalist can make you look ridiculous. I am curious to know if Nicole really realizes how pathetic she came across in the interview.

I feel since Albert gave the personal interview that printed in NYT, any type of information coming from her will only be to counter attack. It seems like here comes round two!

I read another article recently Nicole wanted people to clear the area because of a status call. Perhaps someone needs to inform Nicole she is not of royal blood, her son is. So implying for people to leave the area because of her child’ status and her being his mother is rather pathetic. Was he present during the interview? I am only curious. Who was she protecting?

I do not think anybody in the royal family really gives a darn about her. To them she is only Albert’s ex girlfriend. As far as the child is concerned, he is being well provided for. So to display this type of “aristocratic” attitude in public, especially when it does not apply, is sad.

Nicole really needs to understand that everybody is not sympathetic to her situation and does not want to be her friend because the way interview/article was written revealed this. Some people really loathed the position Albert is in because of Nicole and how it is taking its toll upon him. So to keep going public and making a spectacle out of yourself is not the way to get your point across.

It is my opinion Nicole should focus on nurturing her son, move on with her life in a productive manner and decline any farther interviews. Contemplating hiring a publicist is not the way to go.

I truly believe this is the interview people now are laughing at her and not with her.

This is strictly my opinion once again... :)

lynda said:
Ok here is my opinion... :)

I feel since Albert gave the personal interview that printed in NYT, any type of information coming from her will only be to counter attack. It seems like here comes round two!

I read another article recently Nicole wanted people to clear the area because of a status call. Perhaps someone needs to inform Nicole she is not of royal blood, her son is. So implying for people to leave the area because of her child’ status and her being his mother is rather pathetic. Was he present during the interview? I am only curious. Who was she protecting?

I do not think anybody in the royal family really gives a darn about her. To them she is only Albert’s ex girlfriend. As far as the child is concerned, he is being well provided for. So to display this type of “aristocratic” attitude in public, especially when it does not apply, is sad.

Nicole really needs to understand that everybody is not sympathetic to her situation and does not want to be her friend because the way interview/article was written revealed this. Some people really loathed the position Albert is in because of Nicole and how it is taking its toll upon him. So to keep going public and making a spectacle out of yourself is not the way to get your point across.

I truly believe this is the interview people now are laughing at her and not with her.

This is strictly my opinion once again... :)

lynda, I think I agree with you. Especially on her now alleged comments about Princesses Caroline and Stephanie waging some 'war' on her -- I'm sure they have MUCH more important things to bother with -- she couldn't think that she occupies that much of their attentions, could she?

It seems to me she can do enough damage to herself in public all by herself. After a point the interviewers probably won't have to do much to make her seem unstable, even though I'm sure they do their part. If she wants to make certain she does not seem that way, then she should stay away from them completely.:rolleyes: :p

I agree also that to self style herself as 'royal-like' asking for special treatment for herself on the reason that the baby is the son of a head of state and she is his mother -- it seems rather arrogant, in my opinion.

If she wanted a private interview, she should have set it up like that in the fbeginning rather than being there and then asking that everybody be dismissed for the boy's sake and because she's him mother-- he's 2, she should have left him at home. My own opinion.:D

Again, I think she's stirring up another 'game' and I hope PA ignores her completely, but who knows now? :confused: She probably cannot talk to PA in person anymore at all so appearing in TV is one way to try to 'reach' him...

She'll probably start following and showing up at the engagements where PA is attending and trying to seat herself near him or something:confused: :confused:

Who knows??

Just a thought:D

Last edited:
It seems to me that Albert does want to make the best of the situation with Nicole and Alex. He has so much to worry and be concerned about, so of course he doesn't want to start problems with Nicole. The whole thing became a spectacle for the public because she made it one. I'm not judging her, guys. I am not saying she's a bad person. But she does not have any rights to any special status. Her only responsibility is to be a good mom. That's all. Albert has to be good at his new role, and a good dad, and good to Nicole. Everyone is looking at Albert and judging his words and his actions, analyzing every syllable from his mouth. "Was he respectful enough about Nicole? Does he really care about Alex, how can he call him 'the kid'"?

As for Nicole saying Caro and Steph have waged war against her, that is sick of her to say. Caroline has much more things to do than sit at home and read what Nicole tells Paris Match and plot things against her. And Stephanie, I'm sure she is more involved because she is closer to Albert than Caroline (from what I've always seen anyway) but her interest in the matter is probably just like Michelle said. I'm sure Steph is worried about "the kid" and worried about the effect on Albert. Nicole can be nothing to her but her brother's ex-girlfriend and his son's mother.

imo if she wants to be taken seriously, she should leave the spotlight. because she not use to the attention and just dosen't know how to act also it doesn't seem like she has anyone to tell her how to act while out in public. so imo, her best bet is to lay low aka become a recluse aka hermit aka loner etc,etc. and who knows--- maybe she might change her public image
again this is my opinion

She wants fame, money, and hopefully, a title. I guess no one has explained to her that you have to be granted a title and it does not look good for her. Somehow, giving interviews to the press has a funny way of turning people off. But, let us not forget, PA picked her, slept with her, and kept her company for some time. It, unfortuantely, says something about him.

I have read that she claims Stephanie wants to meet her and Alex. I find that very hard to believe. While S is going to be more accepting of children out of wedlock, I find it hard to believe she would align herself in any way with NC.

I have not been able to find a complete copy of the interview, in text or otherwise, so I have to reserve judgement until I do. If anyone can point me in the right direction?:confused:

Last edited:
nicole's latest interviews

Thanks everyone for your views and contributions. My own opinion is that Nicole will never let up on giving interviews so as to stay in the spotlight. Unless the press gets someone more 'interesting'.

It's sickening that she has dragged Caroline and Stephanie into the situation, and accusing them of waging a 'war' on her. Caro and Steph can choose to like or dislike her - it's their right - besides both sisters are very protective of their brother. The thing is, she is pushing them away more and more. I agree that both princesses have better things to do than be updated on Nicole's newest press release(s). Whatever Nicole's antics are, she is not part of the family. And with the way she's going, I'm not surprised if she will continue to be that.

Last edited:
I think the more NC talks the worse she makes herself look and probably is losing sympathy rapidly. Just my opinion.

dreed777 said:
I think the more NC talks the worse she makes herself look and probably is losing sympathy rapidly. Just my opinion.

Interestingly, I thought the same of Prince Albert when he gave that last interview.

Lillia said:
She does not want the public to see the boy at all, but she takes him on TV to do an interview?:confused: :confused: :confused:

I think she's peddling that baby and his relationship to PA in the media again to advance some agenda that she's carrying. At least that's what it sounds like to me...

Alexandre wasn't with her at the TV show, Thierry Ardisson just said that she doens't want any public on the stage as she is the mother of a head of state's child (a Very very important person ).

assia said:
Alexandre wasn't with her at the TV show, Thierry Ardisson just said that she doens't want any public on the stage as she is the mother of a head of state's child (a Very very important person ).

There's something a little wrong with her apperently ;)

Alisa said:
Interestingly, I thought the same of Prince Albert when he gave that last interview.

It's true that Albert unwisely made that comment about thinking he was set up. That was a mistake. He can feel that all he wants, but he should not say that out loud, not to the press. He can say it to his sisters, to his closest friends, but he should maintain perfect discretion about Nicole in public. That is the only way to prevent a Charles-and-Diana-like public-take-that sort of volley. Saying things like that will only cause Nicole to shoot back, and he should be trying to quiet the waters, not disturb them.

CasiraghiTrio said:
It's true that Albert unwisely made that comment about thinking he was set up. That was a mistake. He can feel that all he wants, but he should not say that out loud, not to the press. He can say it to his sisters, to his closest friends, but he should maintain perfect discretion about Nicole in public. That is the only way to prevent a Charles-and-Diana-like public-take-that sort of volley. Saying things like that will only cause Nicole to shoot back, and he should be trying to quiet the waters, not disturb them.
And if he doesn't comment it will be like it was before he publicly acknowledged Alexandre.

I am waiting for a moderator to tell us to limit these conversations about things on Nicole to the other thread. This two thread conversations on the same subject (person) is to much to follow.

i said in the other thread, Nicole IS who she is and no one can take that away from her. In this life, this is her path. Whether people like it or not her name will always be mentioned along with the history of Prince Albert II of Monaco. Obviously the family is not very welcoming to her so why should she be accomodating of them? this is why she's mentioning caroline & stephanie because quite frankly why not? and also I can imagine she is getting a lot of offers from the press, how is she supposed to manage this whole thing without an agent??? it is only advisable for her to get one, even a PA. If she tried to handle this whole thing on her own she would probably make some rash judgements. i'm talking strictly as a business person here...............anyone with some vested public interest should get an agent. It's stupid NOT to.

CasiraghiTrio said:

My sentiments exactly!

libradoll said:
i said in the other thread, Nicole IS who she is and no one can take that away from her. In this life, this is her path. Whether people like it or not her name will always be mentioned along with the history of Prince Albert II of Monaco. Obviously the family is not very welcoming to her so why should she be accomodating of them? this is why she's mentioning caroline & stephanie because quite frankly why not? and also I can imagine she is getting a lot of offers from the press, how is she supposed to manage this whole thing without an agent??? it is only advisable for her to get one, even a PA. If she tried to handle this whole thing on her own she would probably make some rash judgements. i'm talking strictly as a business person here...............anyone with some vested public interest should get an agent. It's stupid NOT to.
Let me put it this way to you. Even if they are not accommodating which no one has said they aren't except Nicole its due to what she did. If she wanted to someday get along with them for the sake of Alexandre then she should learn to remain quiet regarding the family and Albert. Perhaps the truth is she did in fact set up Albert and trap him once she realized what she had become accustomed to where his attentions were concerned was coming to an end and she wanted more. If you have no intentions of doing more then being a mother to your child who you want to grow up and have a normal life you don't need anyone to handle the press. You make it known any future statements requested will come through Albert himself as your son's father he will speak for all of them in this matter.

If Nicole were to contact the Palace perhaps Albert won't speak to her but someone will and presents to them that the press is contacting her and she doesn't want to deal with it would they please fix the problem I am sure they will make a statement stating that and all statements will be made through him. However it is obvious she wants everything that goes with fame. The one I feel sorry for is Alexandre she should be setting an example for that boy and lets not forget she has two other sons out there watching.

The Press office handles all request for interviews and photography concerning the Royal Family and the Princes Palace. It is composed of : The Head of the Press - Armand DEUS, Press Assistant - Nicolas SAUSSIER, Press Assistant Secretary - Katia ZYSKOWSKI

Contacts details :
Palais Princier - BP 518
MC 98015 MONACO CEDEXtel : +377.9325.1831.
fax : +377.9325.2445.
e-mail : presse@palais.mc

Someone tell Nicole to give them a call or send them an email.

If the Palace for any reason, says that she will not be granting interviews for whatever reason, can you imagine the rumor mill? Even with the best intentions at heart anything that the palace says or do regarding NC or Eric Coste (that's the kid's name) it will be a catch 22. It's funny if she wants to do charity, why not pick up the 2 other sons that she has a make a happy family? Charity begins at home and a home is what's those kids need.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom